The Government of West Bengal has released the notification for admission of MBBS/BDS 2017 through NEET (UG) on July 7, 2017. The notice for admission consists of the Pre-Counselling and Counselling Schedule and the Seat Allotment in the West Bengal State quota and Private Management quota. According to the state quota, the West Bengal will have the 85% seats for the candidates who are the domicile of West Bengal and rest 15% will be under private management quota.
Latest: – A notice regarding 2nd manual counselling has been published, Scroll down to check it. Also check cut offs of round 2 counselling through the link below.
Earlier, WBJEEM was conducted for the admission of MBBS/BDS, but from this year, it is notified by the Supreme Court that there will be a single entrance test i.e. NEET-UG for admission to the MBBS/BDS course. Now, the counselling for MBBS/BDS 2017 in WB will be based on the NEET (UG) score and merit list.
Selection Process for West Bengal MBBS/BDS Admission Through NEET 2017
The candidates who have qualified the NEET (UG) 2017 Entrance Examination and are domicile of State of West Bengal will be eligible for the Pre-Counselling and Counselling in West Bengal for MBBS/BDS 2017 admissions under the state quota and private management quota. The candidates will have to follow a procedure to participate in the pre-counselling and counselling process and it will be as follows:
The phase of pre-counselling will be conducted to prepare the Merit List of West Bengal. Candidates will have to go through the types of domicile proforma uploaded on the website www.wbmcc.nic.in and www.wbhealth.gov.in. The three proformas will be as follows:
- Proforma a1 – Residential/Domicile Certificate for candidates residing in the State of West Bengal continuously for at least 10 years as on December 31, 2016.
- Proforma a2 – Residential/Domicile Certificate for candidates residing in the State of West Bengal continuously for at least 10 years as on December 31, 2016, and there the candidates have passed the 10+2 examination in the year 2017 or before/will appear for the examination in the year 2017.
- Proforma b – Residential/Domicile Certificate for candidates not residing in the State of West Bengal but there parent/s a permanent resident/s of West Bengal and having a permanent address in the State of West Bengal on December 31, 2016.
Candidates, who will appear through Proforma b, will have to bring Voter ID Card or Aadhar Card or Passport (any 2 out of 3) for the domicile verification.
List of Authorized People sign to Domicile/Residential Certificate
Candidates must sign the three Proformas by the following authorities of Sate Government or Central Government who have local jurisdiction of the place of permanent residence of the candidate or the parent will be as follows:
- District Magistrate, Additional District Magistrate, Deputy Magistrate, Deputy Collector, Sub Divisional Officer, and Block Development Officer.
- Superintendent of Police, Additional Superintendent of Police, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Sub Divisional Police Officer.
- Commissioner, Additional Commissioner, Joint Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner and Assistant Commissioner of Police of Commissioner ate.
- Judicial Magistrate of any Rank or Position in the concerned District or Metropolitan Locality or Hon’ble High Court at Calcutta or Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
- Cooperation Area: Commissioner, Additional Commissioner, Joint Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner and Assistant Commissioner.
- Assistant Security or above in the Secretariat of Government of West Bengal (including GTA) or Central Government.
- Deputy Director or above in the Directorate of Government of West Bengal or Central Government.
Every authority certifying the domicile status of the candidate or parent must prove his/her Full Name, Designation, Place of Posting with Address, Landline or Mobile Number and the Identity Card if available.
*Note – Certification from any other authority other the above-mentioned list will not be accepted. The Certificate of the 10+2 examination in Proforma a2 will have to be attested by the Head Master/Principal/Director of the Institution from which the candidates have passed the 10+2 examinations.
Notice regarding 2nd manual Dental counselling West Bengal 2017 – New!
Dates for West Bengal MBBS/BDS Admission 2017 Through NEET
The schedule for pre-counselling and counselling of West Bengal MBBS/BDS Admission 2017 under State Quota and Private Management Quota will be as follows:
- To Check Eligible candidates for Mop Up Round – Click here
The Government of West Bengal has released Round 2 Seat Allotment for admission of MBBS/BDS 2017 through NEET (UG). Candidates can check it through the official website OR through the direct link provided below.
- To check Round 2 Seat Allotment – Click here
- To check Round 2 Seat Allotment Report – Click here
- To check Round 1 Seat Allotment Report – Click here
Note – Eligible candidates who have been allotted seats in round 2, have to report to the allotted institute for admission between 21 Aug to 25 Aug 2017 from 10 AM till 4 PM.
Click Here to check notice regarding Round 2 reporting State and Private management quota UG Medical and Dental seats.
Click Here to check Notice regarding re-registration and verification for those who paid successfully in pre counselling phase.
Eligible Lists have been published by the officials. Candidates can check it from official website OR through the links provided below.
- Eligible OBC A List for State & Pvt. Quota
- Eligible OBC B List for State & Pvt. Quota
- Eligible ST List for State & Pvt. Quota
- Eligible SC List for State & Pvt. Quota
- Eligible candidate List for State & Pvt. Quota
- Eligible candidate List for Pvt. Management Quota
Note – The candidates who have verified at the requisite verification centres in IPGMER Kolkata/MCH Kolkata/RGKar MCH Kolkata are given provision to generate the Final Verification Slip from www.wbmcc.nic.in website for future reference.
They are advised to visit the website urgently and generate the slip and if any problem must contact the respective centres by 4 pm of 19 Jul 2017 after that no application can be entertained.
Candidates applying for the private management quota are not required to go to verification centre at present moment they can directly fill choice if appears in the private management quota rank list. If they are allotted to a college then the candidate has to attend the allotted college for verification. Such candidates cannot generate the Final Verification Slip from the website.
Registration for Participating in Pre Counselling has been started. Kindly register yourself through the direct link provided below.
- Application for participation in Pre-Counseling – Process Over…!!
- View Your Transaction No.
- Slip generation & print out
How to Apply Online
The online application for pre-counselling and counselling of WB MBBS/BDS Admission 2017 under State Quota and Private Management Quota will be filled in a procedure which is as follows:
Step 1 – Qualified candidates of NEET (UG) will have to register themselves on the website www.wbmcc.nic.in.
Step 2 – Candidates will have login by entering the Information related to domicile, caste status and PWD status (as applicable).
Step 3 – After the completion of information, the candidates will have to pay the counselling fee online which is as follows:
- Rs. 2000/- Plus Bank Charges for UG candidates
- Rs. 1500/- Plus Bank Charges for SC/ST/OBC A/OBC B/PH candidates
Step 4 – After the successful payment, candidates will receive the transaction ID and can take a print out of the form.
Step 5 – Next, the candidates will have to go through the onetime physical verification of documents at RG Kar Medical College Kolkata and will have to bring originals and self-attested copies of the following documents:
- Domicile Certificate (a1, a2 or b)
- Voter ID Card/Aadhar Card/Passport of Parent/s in case of domicile of parent will be given.
- Caste Certificate as applicable
- Ph Certificate issued by IPGMER Kolkata
- Payment of Counselling Fee Proof
- Age Proof (age should be 17 years by December 31, 2017)
- Class 10+2 Mark Sheet
- Medical Certificate (from registered Medical Practitioner)
Step 6 – After the proper verification, the candidates will be provided with the online approval and print copy of verified and approved slip for future reference.
Step 7 – Next, will be the publication merit list for round 1 and the candidate will have to fill the choice for merit list round 1 counselling through online registration.
Step 8 – Now, the candidates will have to lock the choice filled in the above step.
Step 9 – After the result publication for round 1, the candidates will have to report at the allotted centres for online admission and other formalities with all the above-mentioned documents.
After the end of the Round 1, the procedure for Merit List Round 2 will be same as above procedure for Round 1. Candidates will have to follow the same steps for Round 2 also.
General Instructions for the Candidates
- If any candidates will not participate in the pre-counselling process then he/she will be debarred from the counselling process.
- If the allotted candidate will fail to attend the online admission for Round 1 then his/her candidature will be cancelled and also not allowed for the further round of Counselling.
- All the related updates will be uploaded on the website www.wbmss.nic.in.
The notice for West Bengal MBBS/BDS Admission 2017 through NEET (UG) will be announced soon. There is a high possibility that WBMCC will conduct the medical state counselling. However, another body may also be constituted the responsibility to carry out the counselling process. The counselling process will be held for those candidates who will qualify NEET 2017 and will fulfill the eligibility criteria of WB MBBS/BDS Admission 2017. Check details on West Bengal MBBS/BDS Admission 2017 Through NEET process, application process, participating institutes, seat matrix and more details from this page.
About NEET 2017
National-Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) is a single entry examination for medical admissions in Indian. Only AIIMS, JIPMER and PGIMER are outside the premises of it. The exam is held by CBSE and this year it was conducted on May 07, 2017.
The answer key and the result of NEET 2017 is awaited. The result will be announced on June 08, 2017, and will state the merit of the candidates. The merit of NEET 2017 is the key factor on the basis of which the states will grant admission.
Application Process for West Bengal Medical Admission 2017 through NEET 2017
The application form for the counselling will be released online. The candidates will have to submit it despite applying and qualifying NEET UG 2017.
In the application form, the candidates will be required to submit the following details:
- Personal Details
- Education Qualification details
- Communication Details
- NEET Details
The candidates should also note that the details submitted should be the same as that submitted in the application form of NEET 2017. If the details will not match, the candidature will be harmed.
MBBS/MDS Institute in West Bengal Proving Admission Through NEET 2017
The below mentioned institute will be providing admission on the basis of NEET 2017, in the state of West Bengal. The governing body for all the colleges in West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata (WBUHS).
|List of Institutes in West Bengal which will Grant Admission through NEET 2017|
|S.No.||Name of College||University Name||Type||Seat Intake|
|1||Bankura Sammilani Medical College, Bankura||WBUHS, Kolkata||Govt.||150|
|2||Burdwan Medical College, Burdwan||WBUHS, Kolkata||Govt.||150|
|3||Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata||WBUHS, Kolkata||Govt.||200|
|4||College of Medicine and JNM Hospital,Kalyani,Nadia||WBUHS, Kolkata||Govt.||100|
|5||College of Medicine and Sagore Dutta Hospital, Kolkata||WBUHS, Kolkata||Govt.||100|
|6||Employees State Insurance Corporation Medical College, Joka, Kolkata||WBUHS, Kolkata||Govt.||100|
|7||Gouri Devi Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital, Durgapur||WBUHS, Kolkata||Society||150|
|8||ICARE Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Haldia, Purba Midanpore||WBUHS, Kolkata||Trust||100|
|9||Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Kolkata||WBUHS, Kolkata||Govt.||150|
|10||IQ-City Medical College, Burdwan||WBUHS, Kolkata||Trust||150|
|11||KPC Medical College,Jadavpur,Kolkata||WBUHS, Kolkata||Trust||150|
|12||Malda Medical College & Hospital, Malda||WBUHS, Kolkata||Govt.||100|
|13||Medical College, Kolkata||WBUHS, Kolkata||Govt.||250|
|14||Midnapore Medical College, Midnapore||WBUHS, Kolkata||Govt.||150|
|15||Murshidabad Medical College & Hospitals, Murshidabad||WBUHS, Kolkata||Govt.||100|
|16||Nilratan Sircar Medical College, Kolkata||WBUHS, Kolkata||Govt.||250|
|17||North Bengal Medical College, Darjeeling||WBUHS, Kolkata||Govt.||150|
|18||RG Kar Medical College, Kolkata||WBUHS, Kolkata||Govt.||200|
|List of Colleges in West Bengal which will Provide Admission on the Basis of NEET 2017|
|S.No.||College Name||Type||College Status||Seats Intake|
|1||Burdwan Dental College, Rajbati||Govt.||Recognised||100|
|2||Dr. R. Ahmed Dental College & Hospital, Calcutta||Govt.||Recognised||100|
|3||Gurunanak Institute of Dental Science & Research, Kolkatta||Private||Recognised||100|
|4||Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences and Research, Banbishnupur||Private||Recognised||–|
|5||The North Bengal Dental College, Sushratangar||Govt.||Recognised||50|
If you have any queries regarding, kindly comment below.