The Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral programmes besides the polytechnic courses. ANGRAU (formerly Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University ) was established in the year 1964. There are 13 colleges (8 Agricultural Colleges, 1 Home Science, 2 Agricultural Engineering, 2 Food Science & Technology), 12 Polytechnics.
ANGRAU Admission 2016
The Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University offers UG, PG, Doctoral and Polytechnic courses. The details of admission in the University is given here for candidates who wish to seek admission in any one or more of the courses.
- Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University (ANGRAU) Polytechnic Admission
- Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University (ANGRAU) Undergraduate Admission
UG Courses Offered at ANGRAU
- B.Sc. (Ag.)
- B.Tech. (Food Sci.)
- B.Sc. (CA & BM)
- B.Tech. (Ag. Engg.)
- B.H.Sc. Home Science
ANGRAU Foreign Students Admissions
The University encourages foreign students to seek admission into various undergraduate and postgraduate degree Programmes. Their application for admission should be routed through the Asst. Director General (HRD-II), Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan, New Delhi- 110012.
The application should include complete details of academic record indicating courses studied, grades obtained, medium of instruction and research work conducted for the submission of a thesis/dissertation (incase of candidates seeking admission to postgraduate degree programmes only). The applications thus received are scrutinized and evaluated by the concerned department (faculty head) to determine the eligibility of the candidate for admission.
Students applying for admission to Ph.D degree programme, should obtain a valid Research Visa from the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
The fee payable by foreign Students admitted to Any UG or PG degree programme should pay institutional fee of US $ 4000 (US dollars Four Thousand only) annually in addition to the normal fees payable by the Indian Students.
Excellent amenities are available for foreign students like International Hoste, Internet Facility, Digital Library etc.
Please note that the information given below is either general information or based on the previous year admissions. This should be used only for reference purpose only. New information will be updated once its released by the university.
Previous year Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University invited applications from Diploma holders in Agricultur Engineering for admission into 2nd year of four years B.Tech. (Ag.Engg.) Degree Programme through AGRIENGGCET. The AGRIENGGCET consisted of only 150 (One Hundred and Fifty only) Multiple Choice Objective Type Questions and the candidates shall have to answer in answer sheet. The Test is conducted at College of Agricultural Engineering, Bapatla from 10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon.
There are chances that this year also this examination is held. If its conducted, here is the basis details about the examination based on previous exam.
Admissions will be made strictly as per the rule of reservation based on merit through the Entrance Test in English.
Eligibility: A pass in 3year Agricultural Engineering Diploma Course recognised by ANGRAU can apply. The candidates shall be required to have completed 18 years of age as on 31 December of the year of admission with an upper age limit of 23 years for all the candidates and 26 years in respect of S.C, ST and 28 years in respect of PH candidates.
Application Form can be downloaded from the University website: www.angrau.ac.in
The list of eligible candidates along with the hall tickets numbers will be displayed in the University website.
For more details candidates can refer to complete Notification released by the university.
ANGRAU PG Admissions
- Candidates belonging to Andhra Pradesh are admitted to Master’s degree programmes based on their performance in an Entrance Examination conducted separately for Agriculture, Home Science and their previous academic record.
- Based on their performance in the entrance examination, candidates are allotted to different disciplines within a faculty.
- PG students belonging to Andhra Pradesh are also eligible to earn a stipend of Rs.2,500/- p.m. for M.Sc. (Except Environmental Scicence and Technology, Biotechnology, Food Science and Technology, M.A.B.M)(10 months in a year) & Rs.3,500/- p.m. for Ph.D (upto 25 months) provided by the Govt. of A.P.
- Twenty five percent (25%) of the seats in Masters degree courses are reserved for candidates belonging to other states. The selection of these candidates is based on the All India Entrance Examination conducted by the Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR), New Delhi. Click Here for complete details of ICAR Exams.
- Post Gradate courses leading to Masters degree are offered in 12 disciplines in Agriculture and 5 in Home Science. Doctoral degree programmes are available in 10 disciplines in Agriculture and 5 disciplines in Home Science. In addition, inter-faculty Master degree programmes are being offered in Agri. Business Management, Food Science and Technology, Agril. Biotechnology and Environmental Science and Technology.