ANGRAU Admission 2015
The Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University offers UG, PG, Doctoral and Polytechnic courses. The details of admission in the University is given here for candidates who wish to seek admission in any one or more of the courses.
ANGRAU Admission 2015 Quick Links
- Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University (ANGRAU) Polytechnic Admission
- Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University (ANGRAU) Undergraduate Admission
Result & Cut Offs
UG Courses Offered at ANGRAU
- B.Sc. (Ag.)
- B.Tech. (Food Sci.)
- B.Sc. (CA & BM)
- B.Tech. (Ag. Engg.)
- B.H.Sc. Home Science
ANGRAU PG Admissions
- Candidates belonging to Andhra Pradesh are admitted to Master’s degree programmes based on their performance in an Entrance Examination conducted separately for Agriculture, Home Science and their previous academic record.
- Based on their performance in the entrance examination, candidates are allotted to different disciplines within a faculty.
- PG students belonging to Andhra Pradesh are also eligible to earn a stipend of Rs.2,500/- p.m. for M.Sc. (Except Environmental Scicence and Technology, Biotechnology, Food Science and Technology, M.A.B.M)(10 months in a year) & Rs.3,500/- p.m. for Ph.D (upto 25 months) provided by the Govt. of A.P.
- Twenty five percent (25%) of the seats in Masters degree courses are reserved for candidates belonging to other states. The selection of these candidates is based on the All India Entrance Examination conducted by the Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR), New Delhi. Click Here for complete details of ICAR Exams.
- Post Gradate courses leading to Masters degree are offered in 12 disciplines in Agriculture and 5 in Home Science. Doctoral degree programmes are available in 10 disciplines in Agriculture and 5 disciplines in Home Science. In addition, inter-faculty Master degree programmes are being offered in Agri. Business Management, Food Science and Technology, Agril. Biotechnology and Environmental Science and Technology.
ANGRAU Foreign Students Admissions
The University invites foreign students to seek admission into various undergraduate and postgraduate degree Programmes. Their application for admission should be routed through the Asst. Director General (HRD-II), Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan, New Delhi- 110012.
The application should include complete details of academic record indicating courses studied, grades obtained, medium of instruction and research work conducted for the submission of a thesis/dissertation (incase of candidates seeking admission to postgraduate degree programmes only). The applications thus received are scrutinized and evaluated by the concerned department (faculty head) to determine the eligibility of the candidate for admission.
Students applying for admission to Ph.D degree programme, should obtain a valid Research Visa from the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
The fee payable by foreign Students admitted to Any UG or PG degree programme should pay institutional fee of US $ 4000 (US dollars Four Thousand only) annually in addition to the normal fees payable by the Indian Students.
The Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University (formerly Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University ) was established in the year 1964. There are 13 colleges (8 Agricultural Colleges, 1 Home Science, 2 Agricultural Engineering, 2 Food Science & Technology), 12 Polytechnics.
Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University
Rajendranagar, Hyderabad-500 030, Andhra Pradesh.