Assam CEE 2014
The Assam Combined Entrance Examination is a state level examination conducted by the Dibrugarh University as a prerequisite to admissions to courses in various colleges across Assam. The Combined Entrance Examination (CEE), 2014 for admission to MBBS/BDS, BE/ B.Tech. Courses in the colleges of the State of Assam shall be conducted by the Dibrugarh University.
Information Brochure, Online Application Form, Fee Structure, copy of Bank Challan and Forms required during counselling for admission will be available here in April 2014. A printed copy of the Online Application Form with signature of the candidate and the Dibrugarh University copy of the Bank Challan must be sent to the Member Secretary, Cell, CEE,2014, Dibrugarh University by Speed Post. For detailed information candidates are advised to refer to the information in links given below.
Assam CEE 2014 Quick Links
Assam CEE 2014 Important Information
- Colleges, Courses and Seats
- Exam Pattern
- Categories and Reservations
- Question Papers
- Answer Keys
Assam CEE Exam Pattern
Syllabus: The Assam CEE 2014 will be conducted as per the current NCERT syllabus adopted by the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council.
|Number of questions||100|
|Marks for correct answer||+1|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
Each paper shall be of 2 (two) hours duration and shall contain 100 multiple choice questions each carrying one mark. Total marks for each paper shall be 100. There shall be no negative marking for wrong answers.There shall be no marks in case the candidate selects more than one option in the answer sheet. Option once marked can not be changed and erased.
Assam CEE 2014 Selection Process
After the Assam CEE 2014 has been conducted a selection panel comes up with a merit list based on the marks secured by the candidates in Assam CEE 2014, the merit list is published on the website of the conducting authority and candidates are called upon for seat allocation and counseling.
- Applications for Combined Entrance Examination shall be invited from the eligible candidates by the Examination Conducting Authority, through an advertisement in the leading newspapers published from Guwahati, Jorhat and Silchar, fixing the last date for submission of the same.
- All applications shall be scrutinized by the Examination Conducting Authority, and admit card shall be issued to those candidates whose applications are found correct and complete in all respects. No individual communication shall be made to those whose applications are rejected, for being incomplete or not fulfilling the eligibility criteria. However, the list of such candidates shall also be displayed in the office of the Examination Conducting Authority.
- The Examination Conducting Authority shall set the question papers, fix the centers and shall take all other measures as may be necessary to conduct the Combined Entrance Examination, in respect of the candidates holding the admit cards issued by the Examination Conducting Authority.
- The medium of examination shall be the same as adopted by the Assam higher Secondary Education Council.
- The Examination Conducting Authority shall arrange for evaluation of answer sheets of each candidate and prepare thereafter, a merit list based on the total marks obtained by each candidate in all the subjects. The marks obtained by each candidate in each subject shall also be shown in the said list. Each page of the merit list shall be duly authenticated by the authority concerned.
If two or more candidates secure the same marks in the Combined Entrance Examination, the inter se merit of such candidates shall be determined in order of preference as follows:
- Candidates securing more marks in Biology in Common Entrance Examination.
- Candidates securing more marks in Chemistry in Common Entrance Examination.
- If it further tallies then marks obtained in Biology, then Chemistry, then Physics of qualifying examination shall be considered at the time of counseling.
Assam CEE 2014 Merit List
- The merit list so prepared shall be sent to the Director of Medical Education, Assam by the Examination Conducting Authority. The individual results of the candidates shall also be published by the Examination Conducting Authority in their Official Website.
- On receipt of the aforesaid merit list the Director of Medical Education, Assam along with the Controller of Examination shall prepare for each course separate select lists for the general seats available in each course and thereafter shall prepare separate select lists for the reserved seats as per Rule 6 from the remaining candidates in order of merit as per the merit list.
There shall be Selection Board for the purpose of selection of candidates for admission into the under-graduate courses under these rules consisting of the following members:-
- Director of Medical Education, Assam — Chairman
- Principal, Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh — Member
- Principal, Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati — Member
- Principal, Silchar Medical College, Silchar — Member
- Principal, Jorhat Medical College, Jorhat — Member
- Principal, Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College, Barpeta — Member
- Principal, Regional Dental College, Guwahati. — Member
- Representative of the Govt. of Assam, Health & F.W. Deptt. — Member (Not below the rank of Deputy Secretary)
- Representative of the Govt. of Assam, WPT&BC Deptt — Member (Not below the rank of Deputy Secretary)
- Representative from the Examination Conducting Authority — Member
- Representative of Directorate of Forensic Science Lab. Assam — Member (Not below the rank of Deputy Director)
- Controller of Examinations (Office of the DME) — Member Secretary
The Member Secretary of the Selection Board, with the approval of the Chairman shall convene any sitting of the Selection Board, as and when necessary.
Assam CEE 2014 Counselling and allotment of seats
- The Selection Board shall require all the candidates who are called for counseling by Examination Conducting Authority to appear personally before them with original certificates, testimonials, and documents:
- Provided that the candidates referred to in clause (a) of Rule 3 of Admission Rule, 2007 shall not be required to appear before the Selection Board.
- The Selection Board, after verification of the certificates, testimonials and documents shall allot a seat to a candidate in the MBBS/BDS courses according to the choice of the candidate as mentioned in his application and subject to availability of seat in that particular college at the point of time of his/her appearing before the board:
- Provided that in case of non-availability of seats, in the college of his first choice, a candidate shall be allotted seat in the college of his next order of preference and so on.
- No change of choice as given in the application (Form B) by the candidate in respect of the college or the course shall be permitted at the time of appearing before the board under any circumstances.
- The Selection Board shall examine whether the signature and/or thumb impression of the candidate taken at the time of counseling (Form B) are the same as it appears in the Attendance sheet and Admit Card.
- On prima-facie evidence if the Selection Board is of doubt that the handwriting in all the documents are not similar the results of the candidates shall be withheld and the documents shall be sent to a reputed Forensic Science Laboratory for verification and whose opinion shall be final for determining the eligibility of a candidate for admission.
- If the Selection Board is satisfied prima-facie that any documents including PRC, age and schooling, caste certificate etc. produced by the candidate is of doubtful in nature the Board shall withheld the result and the documents shall be referred for further verification through Govt. of Assam to a Competent Authority. The views of the Competent Authority shall be final in determining the eligibility of the candidate.
- After finalization of the provisional category wise list of candidates for provisional admission into MBBS/BDS courses in the Medical Colleges of Assam and Regional Dental College, Guwahati along with the category wise waiting list recommended by the Selection Board shall be forwarded to the Govt. for approval.
- Any seat remaining vacant shall be filled up in the manner prescribed by the Selection Board considering the merit criteria.
- A candidate shall be required to deposit an amount of Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five hundred) only as counseling fee in cash at the time of counseling.
Assam CEE 2014 Admissions Procedure
- Candidates shall be selected strictly on the basis of merit of the Entrance Examination (CEE – 2014) to be conducted by Dibrugarh University.
- The merit list of CEE – 2014 will be published by Dibrugarh University. On the basis of merit list of CEE – 2014 candidates will be selected for Admission.
- If more than one candidate secures same marks in CEE – 2014, than the merit will be determined by the total marks obtained in PCM in the qualifying Examination. If there is a subsequent tie, then the total mark obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English in the qualifying examination will be considered. If there is a further tie, then the tie will be broken by draw of lot by the Chairman of Selection Committee.
Assam CEE 2014 Counselling
If you have any queries about ASSAM CEE 2014, Please ask in comments below.
Most of the visitors viewed this page for:
|cee assam 2014||assam cee||assam mbbs online application form 2014||assam engineering entrance when it is held||cee assam 2014 medical|