Assam CEE 2016 is conducted for MBBS / BDS / BAMS / BHMS / BE / B.Tech admission (Note – Now CEE Assam 2016 is for courses other than MBBS / BDS, however counselling will be for all courses). Assam Combined Entrance Examination (CEE) 2016 will shall be conducted by Dibrugarh University in the colleges of the State of Assam for the academic year 2016-17. Eligible candidates can submit the Assam CEE Application Form 2016 and obtain the admit card to appear in engineering or medical or both entrance exams as per the schedule.
Get here complete details of CEE Assam 2016 such as application form, exam pattern, important dates, admit card, result, counselling.
Assam CEE 2016 – Latest Update
Assam CEE 2016 was previously to be held in May. Then due to introduction of NEET it was cancelled for MBBS / BDS. Finally, considering per the final ordinance and order of Supreme Court Assam CEE 2016 will be conducted on 16 – 17 Jul 2016 for MBBS / BDS courses. New details of Assam CEE 2016 have been updated on this page
Assam CEE 2016
Assam CEE 2016 Application Form – Application form of Assam CEE 2016 should be obtained, filled and submitted by eligible candidates only. CEE Assam Application Form was released online at ceemedu.org and www.dibru.ac.in.
Assam CEE 2016 Exam Date – The exam was held on 14 – 15 May 2016 (BE / BTech / BAMS / BHMS). Assam CEE 2016 (MBBS / BDS) will be held on 16 – 17 Jul 2016
Courses Offered – Engineering (BE / B.Tech), Medical (MBBS / BDS / BAMS / BHMS)
Assam CEE Important Dates
(B.E / B.Tech / BAMS /BHMS )
(MBBS / BDS )
|Commencement of form submission||21 Mar 2016||03 Jun 2016|
|Closing of online application form submission||09 Apr 2016||17 Jun 2016|
|Availability of admit card for download||–||–|
|Date of exam||14 – 15 May 2016||16 – 17 Jul 2016|
|Assam CEE 2016 Result||Before 15 Jun 2016||–|
Notified here on 30 May 2016:-
Assam CEE 2016 Application Form
Assam CEE 2016 is the Common Entrance Exam for medical and engineering programmes. The Application form is available on the websites atceemedu.org and www.dibru.ac.in as per the schedule given above.
- Read the information brochure carefully to understand the eligibility criteria, exam pattern and dates.
- Refer to official documents while filling up the form so that there are no errors in it. Check the spellings of entries so that they match data in your documents.
- Keep your login details such as username and password safely. Do not share your password with anyone so that no one can make changes in your Assam CEE application form 2016 without your knowledge.
- Ensure that the documents being uploaded are of correct size and dimension. Check that format of the documents is also as asked for to avoid rejection.
- Do not forget to pay the application fee and complete the submission of application form of Assam CEE 2016.
The Candidate must be a citizen of India
The candidate must be a permanent resident of Assam.
For MBBS / BDS Course
- The candidate, including sons/daughters of officers of All India Services must study in all classes from Class-VI to X in the State of Assam and must pass the HSLC or its equivalent examination conducted by Government recognized Board/Council from any Institute situated in the State of Assam.
The candidate must pass the qualifying examination
- The candidate must pass all the four subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English of the qualifying examination in the same sitting and without grace marks.
- The candidate must obtain a minimum of 60% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination in case of candidates belonging to General/Unreserved/Open Category. In respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST(P)/ST(H) /OBC/MOBC category the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in the qualifying examination shall be 50%.
Age limit – Candidate’s age should not be below 17 years and above 24 years of age on the 31st day of December of the year in which the admission is sought for; Provided that the maximum age limit is relaxable by 3 years in case of candidates belonging to the SC/ST(P)/ ST(H) / OBC / MOBC category.
For BAMS Course
The following conditions must be fulfilled-
- Candidates seeking admission into the BAMS course at Govt. Ayurvedic College, Guwahati- 14 shall have to pass 10+2 examination (Science) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- No candidate shall be eligible for admission into BAMS course unless he/she he/she has completed minimum of 4 years schooling either at (i) HSLC or equivalent stage or (ii) HSLC and HSSLC or equivalent stages combined from the recognized schools conducting regular classes situated within the State of Assam.
Those candidates who have passed HSLC and HSSLC or equivalent examination from Assam shall attach mark sheets and pass certificates, they need not have to furnish the certificates of schooling.
The candidates must pass the qualifying examination without any grace marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually in the same sitting and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination in case of candidates belonging to the general category. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes/More Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in the qualifying examination shall be 40%
Age limit – Candidate’s age should not be below 17 years and above 24 years of age on the 31st day of December of the year in which the admission is sought for: Provided that the maximum age limit is relaxable by 3 years in case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes, OBC and MOBC.
For BHMS Course
The candidate must have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (Science 10+2) or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination from a recognized Board/Council/University, in respect of candidates belonging to General category and 40% marks in respect of candidate belonging to SC/ST(P)/ST(H)/OBC/MOBC category of Assam.
Age limit – Not below 17 years and above 24 years on 31st December of the year in which the admission is sought for. The upper age limit will be relaxed for 3 (three) years in respect of candidate belonging to SC/ST(P)/ST(H)/OBC/MOBC category.
For Engineering (BE / B.Tech) Courses
To be eligible for Admission to any of the Colleges a candidate must fulfill the following conditions:-
- The Candidate must be an Indian Citizen and a Permanent resident of Assam.
- For admission into B.E. Courses the candidate must pass the Qualifying Examination individually in the same sitting without any grace marks in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English with a minimum of 50 % (45 % in case of SC and 40 % in case of ST) marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The same sitting means a candidate must appear all the four subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English together.
- The Candidate must appear in the Entrance Examination for admission (CEE – 2016).
- The Candidate must not above 21 years or below 17 years of age as on 1st August 2016.
- Upper age limit mentioned in (d) above is relaxed to 22 years in case of B.Sc. passed Candidates. Upper age limit mentioned in (d) above is relaxed by 3 years for Scheduled Cast and Scheduled Tribe candidates.
- The Candidate must posses a good moral character.
- The Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
Assam CEE Admit Card 2016
A document containing roll number, exam date and time, and more information about the applicant is issued before the exam. This is the Assam CEE 2016 admit card, also known as the CEE Assam hall ticket. Candidates who have applied must download his / her admit card and carry it to the exam hall on the exam day.
- Enter application form number and date of birth to download the hall ticket.
- Check that all the details mentioned in your admit card of Assam CEE 2016 is correct and verifiable. In case there are any issues, please contact the exam conducting body.
- Do not write anything like formula or anything else on the CEE Assam admit card. It is a very important document and it must be preserved till the end of admission process.
Assam CEE Exam Pattern
Syllabus: The CEE is conducted as per the current NCERT syllabus adopted by the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council.
|Duration (per section)||2 hours|
|Number of questions (per section)||100|
|Marks for correct answer||+1|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
Each paper shall be of 2(two) hours duration and shall contain 100 multiple choice questions each carrying one mark. Total marks for each paper shall be 100. There shall be no negative marking for wrong answers. There shall be no marks, in case, the candidate selects more than one option in the answer sheet. Option once marked cannot be changed and erased.
Assam CEE 2016 Result
Assam CEE Result 2016 will be announced as per schedule mention above and will be followed by counselling for admissions. CEE Assam 2016 will be conducted by Dibrugarh University for admissions in the colleges of the state, in MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BE, B.Tech courses. The exam is based on the latest syllabus of Assam Higher Secondary Education Council / NCERT.
For more detail of Assam CEE 2016 – Download Information Brochure.
If you have any queries about Assam CEE, Please ask in comments below.