Assam CEE 2015
Assam Common Entrance Exam – Assam CEE is conducted by Dibrugarh University. The Assam CEE is for both engineering and medical UG admissions in the state of Assam. Given here are complete details of the Assam CEE 2015.
Exam Date – Last week of May. In the previous year, the exam was held on 28-29 May. On the first day, Physics and Chemistry papers are held, and on next day Biology and Mathematics papers are conducted.
Examination Centers – Silchar, Bongaigaon, Nalbari, Lakhimpur, Guwahati, Tezpur, Nagaon, Jorhat, Dibrugarh. These may vary next year. Final centers are intimated before the exam, at the time of form filling.
Courses Offered – Engineering (BE / B.Tech), Medical (MBBS / BDS).
Assam Domicile required – Yes. Candidate must be permanent resident of Assam to be eligible to appear in the exam. For more details, please refer to Annexures B and C which detail the eligibility criteria.
Official details of Assam CEE 2015 have not yet been published at www.ceemedu.org. Information has been compiled here from last year data for students who are looking for details of the exam. You can refer to eligibility, exam pattern and other such information of Assam CEE 2015 here for reference purpose only. Final details will be updated as and when the information brochure is published.
|Date||Day||Morning (10.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.)||Afternoon (2.00 p.m. – 4.00 p.m.)|
Assam CEE Important Information
IMPORTANT DATES – These are the dates on which important events of Assam CEE happened last year. Final dates related to Assam CEE 2015 are expected to be available in the second week of April 2015.
|Date of opening of online submission of Applications||10th April|
|Date of closing of online submission of Applications||28th April|
|Last date of the receipt examination fee at SBI||30th April|
|Date of Issue of Admit Cards online||19th May|
|Dates of Examination||28th May|
|Declaration of Result.||2nd week of June|
Assam CEE Exam Pattern
Syllabus: The CEE will be conducted as per the current NCERT syllabus adopted by the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council.
|Duration (per section)||2 hours|
|Number of questions (per section)||100|
|Marks for correct answer||+1|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
Each paper shall be of 2 (two) hours duration and shall contain 100 multiple choice questions each carrying one mark. Total marks for each paper shall be 100. There shall be no negative marking for wrong answers.There shall be no marks in case the candidate selects more than one option in the answer sheet. Option once marked can not be changed and erased.
Selection Process for MBBS, BDS, BE, B.Tech.
Applications for Combined Entrance Examination shall be invited from the eligible candidates by the Examination Conducting Authority, through an advertisement in the leading newspapers published from Guwahati, Jorhat and Silchar, fixing the last date for submission of the same.
- All applications shall be scrutinized by the Examination Conducting Authority, and admit card shall be issued to those candidates whose applications are found correct and complete in all respects. No individual communication shall be made to those whose applications are rejected, for being incomplete or not fulfilling the eligibility criteria. However, the list of such candidates shall also be displayed in the office of the Examination Conducting Authority.
- The Examination Conducting Authority shall set the question papers, fix the centers and shall take all other measures as may be necessary to conduct the Combined Entrance Examination, in respect of the candidates holding the admit cards issued by the Examination Conducting Authority.
- The medium of examination shall be the same as adopted by the Assam higher Secondary Education Council.
- The Examination Conducting Authority shall arrange for evaluation of answer sheets of each candidate and prepare thereafter, a merit list based on the total marks obtained by each candidate in all the subjects. The marks obtained by each candidate in each subject shall also be shown in the said list. Each page of the merit list shall be duly authenticated by the authority concerned.
TIE BREAKING: If two or more candidates secure the same marks in the Combined Entrance Examination, the inter se merit of such candidates shall be determined in order of preference as follows:
- Candidates securing more marks in Biology in Common Entrance Examination.
- Candidates securing more marks in Chemistry in Common Entrance Examination.
- If it further tallies then marks obtained in Biology, then Chemistry, then Physics of qualifying examination shall be considered at the time of counseling.
The merit list so prepared shall be sent to the Director of Medical Education, Assam by the Examination Conducting Authority. The individual results of the candidates shall also be published by the Examination Conducting Authority in their Official Website.
On receipt of the aforesaid merit list the Director of Medical Education, Assam along with the Controller of Examination shall prepare for each course separate select lists for the general seats available in each course and thereafter shall prepare separate select lists for the reserved seats as per Rule 6 from the remaining candidates in order of merit as per the merit list.
Assam CEE Counselling and allotment of seats
- The Selection Board shall require all the candidates who are called for counseling by Examination Conducting Authority to appear personally before them with original certificates, testimonials, and documents:
- Provided that the candidates referred to in clause (a) of Rule 3 of Admission Rule, 2007 shall not be required to appear before the Selection Board.
- The Selection Board, after verification of the certificates, testimonials and documents shall allot a seat to a candidate in the MBBS/BDS courses according to the choice of the candidate as mentioned in his application and subject to availability of seat in that particular college at the point of time of his/her appearing before the board:
- Provided that in case of non-availability of seats, in the college of his first choice, a candidate shall be allotted seat in the college of his next order of preference and so on.
- No change of choice as given in the application (Form B) by the candidate in respect of the college or the course shall be permitted at the time of appearing before the board under any circumstances.
- The Selection Board shall examine whether the signature and/or thumb impression of the candidate taken at the time of counseling (Form B) are the same as it appears in the Attendance sheet and Admit Card.
- On prima-facie evidence if the Selection Board is of doubt that the handwriting in all the documents are not similar the results of the candidates shall be withheld and the documents shall be sent to a reputed Forensic Science Laboratory for verification and whose opinion shall be final for determining the eligibility of a candidate for admission.
- If the Selection Board is satisfied prima-facie that any documents including PRC, age and schooling, caste certificate etc. produced by the candidate is of doubtful in nature the Board shall withheld the result and the documents shall be referred for further verification through Govt. of Assam to a Competent Authority. The views of the Competent Authority shall be final in determining the eligibility of the candidate.
- After finalization of the provisional category wise list of candidates for provisional admission into MBBS/BDS courses in the Medical Colleges of Assam and Regional Dental College, Guwahati along with the category wise waiting list recommended by the Selection Board shall be forwarded to the Govt. for approval.
- Any seat remaining vacant shall be filled up in the manner prescribed by the Selection Board considering the merit criteria.
- A candidate shall be required to deposit an amount of Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five hundred) only as counseling fee in cash at the time of counseling.
Assam CEE Admissions Procedure
- Candidates shall be selected strictly on the basis of merit of the Entrance Examination (CEE ) to be conducted by Dibrugarh University.
- The merit list of CEE will be published by Dibrugarh University. On the basis of merit list of CEE candidates will be selected for Admission.
- If more than one candidate secures same marks in CEE, than the merit will be determined by the total marks obtained in PCM in the qualifying Examination. If there is a subsequent tie, then the total mark obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English in the qualifying examination will be considered. If there is a further tie, then the tie will be broken by draw of lot by the Chairman of Selection Committee.
Assam CEE Counselling
If you have any queries about ASSAM CEE , Please ask in comments below.