Assam CEE 2016
Assam Common Entrance Exam – Assam CEE is conducted by Dibrugarh University. The Assam CEE is for both engineering and medical UG admissions in the state of Assam. Given here are complete details of Assam CEE 2016.
Exam Date – Third or fourth week of May. Last year the exam was held on 16th and 17th May. On the first day, Physics and Chemistry papers were conducted. On the second day, Biology and Mathematics papers were held.
Exam Centers – The cities where Assam CEE is held are Silchar, Bongaigaon, Nalbari, Lakhimpur, Guwahati, Tezpur, Nagaon, Jorhat, Dibrugarh. The final list of centres for Assam CEE 2016 will be announced in March.
Courses Offered – Engineering (BE / B.Tech), Medical (MBBS / BDS)
Assam Domicile required – Yes. Candidates must be a permanent resident of Assam to be eligible to appear in this exam. For more details please read the information brochure.
Candidates may please note that details of Assam CEE 2016 have not yet been announced. Details given on this page are as per last year’s information brochure and are only for reference.
Assam CEE Important Dates
Expected dates as per last year’s calendar of events are given here.
|Commencement of form submission||April 2016, first week|
|Closing of online application form submission||April 2016, third week|
|Availability of admit card for download||May 2016, first week|
|Date of exam||May 2016, third week|
|Assam CEE 2016 Result||June 2016, first week|
CEE Assam Exam Date – The Assam Common Entrance Exam (CEE) is conducted over a period of two days.
|Date||Day||Morning (10.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.)||Afternoon (2.00 p.m. – 4.00 p.m.)|
Official details of Assam CEE 2016 will be published soon at www.ceemedu.org. Information compiled here from the information brochure of last year is for students who are looking for details of the exam. You can refer to eligibility, exam pattern and other such information of Assam CEE here for reference purpose.
- Information Brochure
- Annexure A – Specimen Copy of OMR Answer Sheet.
- Annexure B – Information regarding MBBS/BDS Courses
- Annexure C – Information regarding Engineering Courses.
- Annexure D – Form-B (Counselling Form for MBBS/ BDS Courses)
- Annexure E – Form-B (Counselling Form for Engineering Courses)
Assam CEE 2016 Application Form
Assam CEE 2016 is the Common Entrance Exam for medical and engineering programmes. The Application form is issued in April and a window of around two weeks is given for candidates to complete the process.
- Read the information brochure carefully to understand the eligibility criteria, exam pattern and dates.
- Refer to official documents while filling up the form so that there are no errors in it. Check the spellings of entries so that they match data in your documents.
- Keep your login details such as username and password safely. Do not share your password with anyone so that no one can make changes in your Assam CEE application form 2016 without your knowledge.
- Ensure that the documents being uploaded are of correct size and dimension. Check that format of the documents is also as asked for to avoid rejection.
- Do not forget to pay the application fee and complete the submission of application form of Assam CEE 2016.
- The Candidate must be an Indian Citizen and a Permanent resident of Assam.
- To be eligible for Admission to any of the Colleges a candidate must fulfill the following eligibility conditions. The Candidate must possess a good moral character.
- The Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
Eligibility for Admission
- For admission into B.E. Courses the candidate must pass the Qualifying Examination individually in the same sitting without any grace marks in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English with a minimum of 50 % (45 % in case of SC and 40 % in case of ST) marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The same sitting means a candidate must appear all the four subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English together.
- The Candidate must appear in the Entrance Examination for admission (CEE).
- The Candidate must not above 21 years or below 17 years of age as on 1st August.
Eligibility for appearing in CEE Examination
The following was updated as an amendment last year.
Update (07.05.2015) – As per the Letter No.HLB.170/2007/395, dtd. Dispur the 5th March, 2015 of the Govt. of Assam, the eligibility criteria for students appearing CEE, the rule 3 (1) ( c ) is relaxed for admission to MBBS/BDS course and the rule 3(2) (c) of the admission rule, 2007 will be applicable. However, all other terms and conditions shall remain as per admission rules, 2015 vide notification No. HLB.170/2007/355, dated the 16th March, 2015 notified in Assam Gazette, dated 17th March, 2015. Due to paucity of time, intending fresh candidates, if any, are advised to collect and submit application along with the requisite fee for appearing CEE-2015 from the Office of the Member Secretary, CEE-2015, Dibrugarh University within office hours on 11th – and 12th – May, 2015. All such fresh candidates will have to appear the CEE-2015 in Dibrugarh centre only. Those who have already applied for appearing CEE-2015 need not apply again.
Assam CEE Exam Pattern
Syllabus: The CEE is conducted as per the current NCERT syllabus adopted by the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council.
|Duration (per section)||2 hours|
|Number of questions (per section)||100|
|Marks for correct answer||+1|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
Each paper is of 2 (two) hours duration and contains 100 multiple choice questions each carrying one mark. Total marks for each paper is 100. There is no negative marking for wrong answers. There are no marks in case the candidate selects more than one option in the answer sheet. Option once marked can not be changed and erased.
A document containing roll number, exam date and time, and more information about the applicant is issued before the exam. This is the Assam CEE 2016 admit card, also known as the CEE Assam hall ticket. Candidates who have applied must download his / her admit card and carry it to the exam hall on the exam day.
- Enter application form number and date of birth to download the hall ticket.
- Check that all the details mentioned in your admit card of Assam CEE 2016 is correct and verifiable. In case there are any issues, please contact the exam conducting body.
- Do not write anything like formula or anything else on the CEE Assam admit card. It is a very important document and it must be preserved till the end of admission process.
Assam CEE 2016 Result
Assam CEE Result 2016 will be announced around the first week of June and will be followed by counselling for admissions. CEE Assam 2016 will be conducted by Dibrugarh University for admissions in the colleges of the state, in MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BE, B.Tech courses. The exam is based on the latest syllabus of Assam Higher Secondary Education Council / NCERT.
This page is being updated. As soon as official details are announced by the exam conducting body, final information will be updated. Get here complete details of Assam CEE 2016 such as application form, admit card, results.
If you have any queries about Assam CEE, Please ask in comments below.