CMC Vellore Admission 2016 (Group A and B) MBBS, B.Sc, Diploma – CMC Vellore has released notification for admission to the Group A (MBBS, BSc Nursing, Allied Health Sciences (AHS ) Degree courses) and Group B (Diploma Nursing, AHS Diploma courses, MPH and MSc courses) for the year 2016. The complete details of CMC Vellore Admission 2016 (Group A and B) – MBBS, B.Sc, Diploma such as application form, eligibility criteria, merit list, selection process etc. are given below.
Latest Updates :-
- List of provisionally selected candidates for the First Year MBBS Degree Course 2016 has been published. Check “Result” link below.
- Last date to call B.Sc. Nursing candidates from the Waitlist for the academic year 2016 – 2017 is extended up to 31 Oct 2016 in view of the MBBS NEET Examination results & selection process.
CMC Vellore 2016 Group A and B Admission
CMC Vellore is among the Top 5 Medical Colleges in India as per various college rankings. Admission will be on the basis of CMC Vellore 2016 Entrance Exam (except of MBBS). For MBBS course, Admission will be based on the NEET scores. It is important to study efficiently for this medical entrance exam looking at the high level of competition.
CMC Vellore MBBS Admission 2016
CMC Vellore MBBS Admission 2016 to undergraduate courses in MBBS programme for academic session 2016-17 at Christian Medical College will be done on the basis of marks obtained in the NEET 2016.
Only those candidates who have been declared qualified in CBSE-National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG) 2016 (NEET-UG 2016) conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education are eligible to apply.
For the academic year 2016-17, the College, in compliance with the directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, will not be holding its own Entrance Test (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) and only candidates held to be eligible based on the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET/AIPMT) conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education under the auspices of the Medical Council of India are eligible for selection to the MBBS course.
Schedule for CMC Vellore MBBS Admission 2016 is given below.
|Last Date for submission of online application||25 Aug 2016|
|Issue of hall tickets for online aptitude assessment||01 Sep 2016|
|Online Aptitude Assessment||10 Sep 2016|
|Announcement of List for Step-2||14 Sep 2016|
|Step-2 (Special tests and interviews)||21 to 23 Sep 2016|
|Selection Results||24 Sep 2016|
|Registration||26 Sep 2016|
|Classes begin||27 Sep 2016|
- Candidates should have been born on or before 31 Dec 1999 This college is affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai where the minimum qualification prescribed is an equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years of study, the last two years of study comprising Physics, Chemistry and Biology with English. The candidates should have passed in all subjects of the qualifying examination of the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (Academic), conducted by the Tamil Nadu State Board or any other equivalent examination (refer Section 2.3 for details) in one and the same attempt in the subjects. No “improvement marks” for +2 examination will be considered.
- All candidates should have qualified in the Undergraduate NEET 2016 examination.
- A candidate for admission to medical course “must have 60%@ marks at +2 level in each of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Botany and Zoology taken together) and have an aggregate of 140/200 in these subjects, both at qualifying and competitive examinations and should have passed in English”.
For more details of CMC Vellore MBBS Admission 2016 – Download Revised Information Brochure
Hall tickets for Computer Based Entrance Test (Step-1) scheduled on May 21, 2016 are available for download for the following courses: Nursing (BSc & Diploma), Allied Health Science (Degree, Diploma, PG Diploma, Fellowship, MPH, MSc), M. Med Family Medicine, Medical Higher Specialty and Post-Doctoral Fellowships.
Mock Test – Click here
CMC Vellore Eligibility for Admission
The following qualifications are considered equivalent to the Plus Two Examination of the Higher Secondary Board of Tamil Nadu for the purpose of admission. (Subject to Eligibility Certificate issued by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai, where applicable).
- Intermediate examination, Pre-Degree Examination or Plus Two Examination of any recognised Indian University or State Board.
- The Senior Higher School Certificate Examination (12 years) conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi (examination held in 1979 or thereafter with not less than 5 subjects, of which English shall be one).
- The Indian School Certificate Examination (12 years) conducted by the Council for Indian School Examination (held in 1977 or thereafter).
- Intermediate Examination (two year course) conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
- Pre-University Examination (two year course) conducted by the Board of Pre-University Education, Government of Karnataka.
For candidates who have studied abroad, the equivalency of qualification as determined by the Association of Indian Universities will form the guidelines to determine the eligibility. Please note that these are only guidelines and candidates who have qualified overseas must get in touch with the Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University.
For courses where Graduation or Diploma is required, the eligibility would be as per the guidelines of the registering University or affiliating body or by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
Whereas those who are doing their examinations may apply, the responsibility is on the candidate that mark-sheets and pass certificates must be available by the time of the interviews.
Those already employed: Candidates currently holding appointments in Government or Private Institutions who seek admission to courses should obtain a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from the employer stating that necessary permission has been given to the candidate who will be released for Registration for admission to the (name of course) course in the Christian Medical College. In case of a delay in getting permission, kindly submit the online application form within the stipulated date and send in the certificate later with a covering note.
Eligibility Certificate:– Candidates who have passed any qualifying examination other than the Higher Secondary course examination conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu shall obtain an eligibility certificate from the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai by remitting the prescribed fee along with the application form before seeking admission to any one of the affiliated Medical Institutions. The candidate will be required to produce the eligibility certificate at the time of registration for admission to the course if selected.
There will be a Computer Based Test for all the Group A and B Courses.
|Subject||Number of questions||Time duration|
|General ability section I||60||50 minutes|
|General ability section II||60||20 minutes|
A Computer-Based test consisting of multiple choice questions is conducted in English (see examples at the end). Each question will have five possible answers. Your task will be to select the one best answer to each question. There will be ONLY ONE CORRECT ANSWER to each question. For the degree courses (MBBS, BSc Nursing & Allied Health Science Degree Courses) there are 60 questions each in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (120 minutes total time). This is followed by 120 questions in General Ability including Speed and Accuracy and also a few questions on issues of current topical interest.
The 120 question in General Ability will be in two sections.
- Section I will have 60 questions to be answered in 50 minutes
- Section II will have 60 questions to be answred in 20 minutes.
The duration of whole examination will be 3 hours and 10 minutes.
Exam pattern for other courses
- For the Diploma courses, the examination consists of 25 questions each in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and 15 questions in General ability. The duration of the exam will be 90 minutes.
- For other courses where a background in science is not required, the non-science paper will have 90 questions including English, General Ability, speed and accuracy and a few questions on issues of current topical interest. The duration of the exam will be 90 minutes.
- For courses which require a special paper, there will be 90 questions pertaining to that particular subject. The duration of the exam will be 90 minutes.
Since the possible answers for each question are provided, you may wonder whether or not to guess the answer for questions you are not certain about. There is no negative marking and hence at times it may be worthwhile making an intelligent guess. That choice is yours and you have to decide how close to the options you are.
In the entrance test for degree courses (Nursing, AHS degree courses), credit is given for questions not attempted (those left blank). The credit given is equal to 1/5 (0.2) of the mark for that question. So your score will probably be more if you leave out the questions about which you know nothing. Remember, however, that a correct answer will be given one full mark. So if you have some knowledge of the question, and are able to eliminate one or more of the possible answers, your chances of guessing the correct answer increases. It may be to your advantage to attempt such questions.
CMC Vellore Syllabus for Entrance Exam
The syllabus for the common entrance tests (unless otherwise specified) will be a mixture of “plus two‟ level boards recognised by the TN Dr MGR Medical University. Papers will be in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Ability including Speed and Accuracy and a few questions on current topical interest. Wherever there is a special paper for a particular course, the questions will be related to that subject. Please see the course description in the prospectus given below.
Courses, Qualification, Duration, Seats and Fee Structure
Grpup A (Candidates may apply for maximum 7 courses)
Grpup B (Candidates may apply for maximum 5 courses with maximum of 2 entrance exam papers)
Group A and Group B Courses (except MBBS course) : All candidates whose applications are in order and complete will be registered. They will go through a competitive process comprising of a preliminary Computer Based Entrance Test (Step-1). Short-listed candidates will be invited for Step-2 which consists of special tests to assess the candidate’s character and aptitude. All admissions are based on interse merit. The College recognises that merit is not merely academic merit but is, in addition, a collection of various other factors, which go towards suitability to pursue a professional career.
For MBBS Only : As per the Supreme Court order and Govt. of India Ordinance, the short listing of candidates for MBBS admission 2016 –Step 2, of Christian Medical College, Vellore will be based on their NEET scores (Step-1). List of candidates eligible for Step-2 from among the applicants will be put up on the website http://admissions.cmcvellore.ac.in/ and on the notice boards in Carman Block, Christian Medical College campus, Bagayam, Vellore and Main Enquiry, CMC Main Hospital campus, Vellore on 30 August 2016. The candidates will be intimated by email also. All selected candidates will have to undertake a service obligation, to work in an area of need for a period of two years after completion of the MBBS course.
The Selection Process / admission will be subject to any orders passed or that may be passed by Government / University / Professional Councils.
CMC Vellore Information Bulletin may be downloaded free from official website. We have also provided the same below. Essential details are provided in this bulletin to enable candidates to fill their application form for the MBBS, BSc Nursing, Diploma Nursing , Allied Health Sciences (AHS ) Degree / Diploma courses and MSc courses. Please go through this bulletin carefully before filling the Application Form. If you want to download the Information Brochure Click Here.