Medical Entrance Exams
Get details of eligibility, dates, application form, prospectus, results and more information on Medical Entrance Exams. A number of Medical Entrance Exams are held each year for admission to UG and PG medical courses. Some of these exams are on national level and some on state-level. The bodies conducting these Medical Entrance Exams are responsible for availability of application forms, announcement of notifications and smooth conduct of the examination. Candidates who aspire to pursue medical courses need to appear in one or more of the exams. Here you will find complete details of all Medical Entrance Exams in India.
Medical & Dental Entrance Exams 2016 and 2017 – UG (MBBS Entrance Exams, BDS and other courses)
More UG medical entrance exams are given below.
- Association of minority professional colleges in Karnataka (AMPCK) – UGCET
- AU AIMEE (Annamalai University Medical Entrance Exam)
- Common Entrance Test For Pondicherry Private Medical / Dental Colleges (CETPPMC / CETPPDC)
- GITAM University Medical Entrance Exam (GMET)
- Panjab University (PU) Common Entrance Test (CET) for BDS
- Rajasthan Pre Medial Test (RPMT)
- SDU University MBBS (SDUAHER-AIUGMET)
- Tripura Medical College (TMC) MBBS Entrance Exam
Medical & Dental Entrance Exams 2016 and 2017 – PG
More PG medical entrance exams, whose dates and forms are yet to be published are given below.
- AMHMCM Asso PGH CET
- BLDEU SSET
- KGMU All Indian DM / M.Ch Entrance Exam (AIDMMChEE)
- SDUAHER AIPGMET
- Uttar Pradesh Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam (UPPGMEE)
Veterinary Entrance Exams
- All India Pre Veterinary Test (AIPVT)
- MP Pre Fisheries Test(PFT)
- Rajasthan Pre Veterinary Test (RPVT)
- Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University (KVAFSU) PG Admission
- UP Veterinary Entrance Exam – DUVASU, Mathura
MBBS, PG Medical
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, or in Latin: Medicinae Baccalaureus, Baccalaureus Chirurgiae (abbreviated as MBBS), are the two first professional undergraduate degrees awarded upon graduation from medical school in medicine and surgery by universities in various countries.
Medical colleges in India, accredited by the Medical Council of India, all title the degrees as MBBS. The students complete a course of four and a half years followed by one year of a compulsory rotatory internship before applying for the degree. The course is divided into four parts with only the second part lasting one and a half years.
Following MBBS they can apply for post graduate (specialty) coarses which will be for 2 to 3 years they will receive a degree as MD, MS, DNB depending on the subjects. Following this they can also further do super specialty courses in cardiology, neurology, oncology, nephrology, gastroenterology, endocrinology, immunology, etc.
In India, training in dentistry is through a 5-year BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) course, which includes 4 years of study followed by one year of internship.
Post graduate training is for three years in the concerned speciality of Master of Dental Surgery (MDS).
If you have any queries, please ask in comments below. Also you can mention name of any Medical Entrance Exams that you want us to update here.