IISER Admission 2014
Students who have appeared in class 12 board exams or will be appearing in 2014, can apply for admission to the Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research at IISER Bhopal, IISER Kolkata, IISER Mohali, IISER Pune and IISER Thiruvananthapuram. The process of admissions in all IISERs is managed by the Joint Admissions Committee (JAC), headed by a Chairman and having members from all the five IISERs. The details regarding admissions in all IISERs are given here.
Course Offered: Five year BS-MS dual degree programme.
- Candidate must have passed class 12 or equivalent exam in 2013 or appearing in 2014.
- Candidate must have qualified in either KVPY or JEE Advanced or IISER Aptitude Test.
IISER Admission 2014 Quick Links
- Application Form
- How to fill the Online Application Form
- IISER Aptitude Test
- Cut Off marks percentage for various boards
Study Material / Resources for IISER Admission 2014
IISER Admission 2014 to BS-MS Dual Degree Programme
Students will be admitted to the Five Year BS-MS Dual Degree programme beginning August 2014 through the following channels
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Basic Science Stream: Students qualifying in SA (2012)/SX (2013)/SB (2013)
- Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) 2014: Students securing a place in the rank list of Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) for admission to Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
- State and Central Boards: Those, who are eligible for INSPIRE scholarship by Department of Science and Technology (DST) on the basis of their aggregate scores in class XII may be considered for admission after clearing an aptitude test
Those, who are eligible for INSPIRE scholarship by Department of Science and Technology (DST) on the basis of their aggregate scores in class XII may be considered for admission after clearing an aptitude test.
- Total seats: 950
- Up to 25% seats in each category (General/SC/ST/OBC Non-creamy) through KVPY channel.
- Up to 50% seats in each category (General/SC/ST/OBC Non-creamy) from KVPY + JEE (Advanced) channels.
- Remaining seats in each category through State and Central Boards channel based on an Aptitude Test conducted by IISERs.
Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research
To promote high quality scientific education, research and training, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India has set up five Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) at Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune and Thiruvananthapuram
BS-MS Dual Degree Programme
It is a five year dual degree programme for bright and motivated science students who have completed class XII. It integrates classroom learning with research and provides ample scope for multidisciplinary interactions
- BS-MS students are eligible for either KVPY or INSPIRE scholarship
- Highly competent and motivated faculty in various disciplines with a passion for science
- Integrated undergraduate teaching with cutting edge research across disciplines
- Upcoming eco-friendly green campuses with appropriate infrastructure
- Library with online resources, books and research journals
- State of the art teaching and research facilities
- Sports and recreational facilities
- Hostel facility for all students
If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.
Most of the visitors viewed this page for:
|iiser kolkata admissions||iiser||iiser pune after 12th||iiser how many student admisson seat||IISER-EXAM2013|