IISER Admission 2017 will be done through KVPY, JEE Advanced, and IISER Aptitude Test 2017. Admission in IISER 2017 to BS MS dual degree course, after class XII, is common for Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati campus. The Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research has announced details of IISER Admission 2017 and including eligibility criteria, important dates, IISER application form 2017, aptitude test, and other relevant information.
IISER Admission 2017
To promote high quality scientific education, research and training, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, has set up seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati.
Programme Offered – 5 Year BS-MS Dual Degree Programme
Schedule for BS-MS IISER Admission 2017 is given below.
|Applications open for all channels||22 May 2017|
|Last date for applications through KVPY channel||12 Jun 2017|
|Seat allocation begins for KVPY channel||15 Jun 2017|
|Last date for applications through SCB channel||June 18|
|Last date for applications through JEE channel and seat allocation begins for JEE channel||19 Jun 2017|
|IISER aptitude test for SCB channel||25 Jun 2017|
|Results of the aptitude test are announced||04 Jul 2017|
|Seat allocation begins for SCB channel||05 Jul 2017|
|Semester starts in IISERs||Late July or Early August|
IISER Admission 2017 Quick Links
Study Material / Resources for IISER Admission 2017
IISER Application Form 2017
- Applications for the admission are to be submitted online only at www.iiseradmission.in
- The application portal is open from 22 May 2017
- Please follow the instruction for filling the application form and other relevant details on the website
- There is a non-refundable application fee of ₹2,000/- for candidates applying under General and OBCNC categories, and ₹1,000/- for candidates applying under SC/ST category, Kashmiri Migrants and physically handicapped candidates.
There are three channels of admission. Candidates will be admitted to IISER only through these channels.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
- Joint Entrance Examination of Indian Institutes of Technology (JEE) channel
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB) channel
These channels will be referred to as KVPY, JEE and SCB respectively
Indian nationals, and students belonging to PIO or OCI category are eligible to apply provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria described below.
Candidates who have valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2017-18 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions. Additional cut off criteria may be applicable.
Candidates in General category securing a rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2017 are eligible to apply. For candidates belonging to reserved category (OBCNC, SC, ST, PD), their category rank would be used. Additional cut off criteria may be applicable.
Students who have passed (10+2) level with science stream in 2016 or 2017 with marks equal or above the cut off percentage in their respective boards as given in the table below are eligible to apply. For the candidates belonging to the Non-Creamy Layer of the Other Backward Classes (OBCNC) and Persons with Disability (PD) categories, there is a 5% relaxation. The cut-off percentage for the Scheduled Castes (SC), the Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Kashmiri Migrants (KM) candidates is 55% in (10+2) level for all boards. Students applying through SCB channel will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test which will be conducted at various centres across the country. To calculate your percentage of marks obtained use your board’s method.
Admission and Selection Procedure for IISER admission 2017
The steps for admission in Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research are as follows
- Appear and qualify in JEE Main and then JEE Advanced.
- If you have qualified in KVPY, or applying through SCB channel, you can apply without appearing in JEE.
- Apply online before the last date through KVPY or JEE Advanced or state / central board.
- Apply in the IISER counselling or aptitude test. The candidates applying through state and central board will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test 2017.
- The IISER Entrance Exam (Aptitude Test) for SCB channel candidates shall be be held as per schedule.
- IISER Aptitude Test 2017 Result will be announced.
IISER Admission 2017 Intake of candidates
Total available seats is 1285 for all IISERs put together.
A maximum of 50% of the seats will be filled through KVPY and JEE channels. Remaining seats will be filled through the SCB channel based on the merit in the IISER aptitude test. Unfilled seats from KVPY and JEE channels will be added to the SCB channel for allotment.
If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.