IISER Admission 2015 will be done through KVPY, JEE Advanced, and IISER Aptitude Test 2015. Admission in IISER 2015 to BS MS dual degree course, after class XII, is common for Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati campus. The Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research has announced details of IISER Admission 2015 and including eligibility criteria, important dates, IISER application form 2015, aptitude test, and other relevant information.
IISER Result 2015 – Declared
The list of selected candidates for IISER Admission 2015 for those who have applied through KVPY and JEE Advanced 2015 has been published on July 1st, 2015. Candidates can check the IISER Result from the link given below.
IISER Application Form 2015
Application form of IISER 2015 admissions is available from June 1, 2015.
- Candidates applying through KVPY 2014 or JEE Advanced (IIT-JEE) 2015 channels, must fill in the form and submit by June 27, 2015.
- Those who are applying for IISER admission 2015 through state and central boards channel, must complete application submission by July 4, 2015.
- IISER application form 2015 fee is Rs 1500 for GE / OBC and Rs 750 for SC / ST / KM candidates.
Admission and selection procedure for IISER admission 2015
The steps for admission in Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research are as follows
- Appear and qualify in JEE Main and then JEE Advanced.
- If you have qualified in KVPY, or applying through SCB channel, you can apply without appearing in JEE.
- Apply online before the last date through KVPY or JEE Advanced or state / central board.
- Apply in the IISER counselling or aptitude test. The candidates applying through state and central board will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test 2015.
- The IISER Entrance Exam (Aptitude Test) for SCB channel candidates shall be be held as per schedule.
- IISER Aptitude Test 2015 Result will be announced in the third week of July, 2015.
IISER Admission 2015 Quick Links
Study Material / Resources for IISER Admission 2015
IISER Admission 2015 Intake of candidates
Total intake of students in IISER Bhopal + IISER Kolkata + IISER Mohali + IISER Pune + IISER Thiruvanathapuram = 1000.
|Channel of IISER Admission 2015||Seats|
|KVPY and JEE (Advanced) channel||Up to 50% seats (General / SC / ST / OBC Non-creamy)|
|State and Central Boards channel based on an Aptitude Test||Remaining seats|
IISER Admission 2015 through KVPY, JEE Advanced, SCB – Explained.
Students will be admitted to the Five Year BS-MS Dual Degree programme beginning August 2015 through the following channels.
1. Admission 2015 in IISER on the basis of KVPY
In order to seek IISER admission 2015 through KVPY channel, you must be a student who has qualified in Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Basic Science Stream in SA (2013-14)/SX (2014-15)/SB (2014-15). If yes, apply online at www.iiseradmission.in and check the IISER allotment result 2015.
2. Admission 2015 in IISER through JEE Advanced 2015
You need to first appear in JEE Main 2015, then JEE Advanced 2015. If you get a merit in the JEE Advanced 2015 result (result of JEE Advanced 2015 will be announced on June 18, 2015), you can apply for IISER admission 2015 through JEE Advanced channel. Apply online at www.iiseradmission.in. Allotment result will be published by end of June, 2015.
3. State and Central Board channel admission for IISER 2015
Those who are eligible for INSPIRE scholarship by Department of Science and Technology (DST) on the basis of their aggregate scores in class XII (2014 and 2015) may be considered for admission after clearing the IISER 2015 Aptitude Test to be held by Joint Admission Committee of the IISERs. Last date to apply through this channel is July 4, 2015.
IISER Aptitude Test 2015
The IISER entrance exam 2015, also known as the IISER aptitude test 2015, will be held on July 12, 2015. Candidates who have applied through SCB channel, should appear in the exam and qualify the same. Candidates who satisfy the following IISER admission 2015 eligibility criteria, can appear for this test.
Students passed class XII in 2014 or appearing in 2015 in science stream with either
- Marks above or equal to the cut-off percentage declared by DST (http://www.inspire-dst.gov.in) as eligibility for INSPIRE fellowship. For OBC (Non-Creamy layer)/PD category candidates, there is a 5% relaxation in the DST cut-off. The cut-off for SC/ST candidates is 55% in class XII for all boards. OR
- Advisory note for the eligibility for Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) under INSPIRE scheme based only on the performance in class XII board examination.
Students applying through State and Central Boards channel will be required to appear and qualify the IISER Aptitude Test.
(*) Aggregate marks = (Total marks obtained in all subjects x 100) / Maximum marks.
If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.