IISER Admission 2016 will be done through KVPY, JEE Advanced, and IISER Aptitude Test 2016. Admission in IISER 2016 to BS MS dual degree course, after class XII, is common for Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati campus. The Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research has announced details of IISER Admission 2016 and including eligibility criteria, important dates, IISER application form 2016, aptitude test, and other relevant information.
- IISER Admission 2016 Schedule has been revised. Check updated schedule below.
- IISER Result / Allocation Table 2016 has been published for KVPY candidates. Check below
- Applicants of JEE channel must enter the JEE (Advanced) registration no and Application no.
- SCB channel candidates must enter all subject-details for which numerical marks have been given
Latest – Hall Ticket for IISER Aptitude Test 2016 is Available for Downloading. Check the “IISER Aptitude Test” link below.
IISER Admission 2016
To promote high quality scientific education, research and training, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, has set up seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati.
Programme Offered – 5 Year BS-MS Dual Degree Programme
Revised Tentative Schedule for BS-MS IISER Admission 2016 is given below.
|KVPY||IIT-JEE||State & Central Boards|
|Opening of application portal (ALL)||25 May 2016
|25 May 2016
|25 May 2016
|Closing of application portal||13 Jun 2016
|23 Jun 2016
|Results of KVPY allotment||15 Jun 2016
|Registration of KVPY (start date)||16 Jun 2016||_||_|
|Registration of KVPY (end date)||
|KVPY Float (Final offer letters)
(Re-allocation of Float candidates)
|Download Hall Ticket for IISER Aptitude Test||_||_||27 Jun 2016
|IISER Aptitude Test (SCB)||_||_||3 Jul 2016|
|Results of Aptitude Test (SCB)||_||_||10 Jul 2016|
IISER Admission 2016 Quick Links
Study Material / Resources for IISER Admission 2016
IISER Allocation Table / Result
IISER has published the Allocation Table for admission to the IISER. The table indicates the Name, Application No. & Alloted IISER to the KVPY candidates in Round 1. All those KVPY candidates whose application no.s appear in the list has been provisionally offered admission to one of the IISERs. The direct link to check the IISER Allocation Table / Result 2016 has been provided below.
To download your offer letter, please visit your application account and follow the instructions therein.
Check IISER Allocation Table / Result 2016
- Click here for Allocation table / result – KVPY candidates
- Click here to login and download offer letter
Candidates must pay the requisite admission fee and accept the present offer before it expires, otherwise the admission offer would be cancelled and also, candidate would not be reallocated even if you have opted “Yes” for Float.
IISER Application Form 2016
- Applications for the admission are to be submitted online only at www.iiseradmission.in
- The application portal is open from May 2016
- Please follow the instruction for filling the application form and other relevant details on the website
- There is a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 1500/- (Rs. 750/- for candidates applying under SC / ST Category and Kashmiri Migrants)
There are three channels of admission. Candidates will be admitted to IISER only through these channels.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
- Joint Entrance Examination of Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT–JEE) channel
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB) channel
These channels will be referred to as KVPY, IIT-JEE and SCB respectively
General rules applicable to all the three channels.
- Students passing (10+2) examination in the current year (2016) and the previous year (2015) are only eligible for taking admission.
- Indian nationals, and students belonging to PIO or OCI category are eligible to apply provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria described below.
Candidates who have valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2016-17 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions. Additional cut off criteria may be applicable.
Candidates securing at least 60% marks in class XII and securing a place in JEE Advanced 2016 rank list for admissions to IIT’s. Additional cut off criteria may be applicable.
Students with marks equal or above the cut off percentage in class XII board examination in their respective boards as given in the table below are eligible to apply. For the candidates belonging to the Non-Creamy Layer of the Other Backward Classes (OBCNC) and Persons with Disability (PD) categories, there is a 5% relaxation. The cut-off percentage for the Scheduled Castes (SC), the Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Kashmiri Migrants (KM) candidates is 55% in class XII for all boards. Students applying through SCB channel will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test which will be conducted at various centres across the country. To calculate your percentage of marks obtained use your board’s method.
Admission and Selection Procedure for IISER admission 2016
The steps for admission in Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research are as follows
- Appear and qualify in JEE Main and then JEE Advanced.
- If you have qualified in KVPY, or applying through SCB channel, you can apply without appearing in JEE.
- Apply online before the last date through KVPY or JEE Advanced or state / central board.
- Apply in the IISER counselling or aptitude test. The candidates applying through state and central board will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test 2016.
- The IISER Entrance Exam (Aptitude Test) for SCB channel candidates shall be be held as per schedule.
- IISER Aptitude Test 2016 Result will be announced.
IISER Admission 2016 Intake of candidates
Total available seats is 1125 for all IISERs put together.
|Channel of IISER Admission 2016||Seats|
|KVPY and JEE (Advanced) channel||Up to 50% seats (General / SC / ST / OBC Non-creamy)|
|State and Central Boards channel based on an Aptitude Test||Remaining seats|
- IISER Kolkata Ph.D Admission
- IISER Bhopal Ph.D Admission
- IISER Thiruvananthapuram Ph.D Admission
- IISER Mohali Ph.D Admission
- IISER Pune Ph.D admission
If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.