AFMC MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 – Candidates who are interested in AFMC MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 need to fill the NEET 2020 counselling registration form. The online registration is open from October 27 to November 2, 2020, at mcc.nic.in. NEET 2020 qualified candidates are eligible for AFMC MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 under the 15% quota counselling. The counselling for AFMC MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 is done offline. The list of registered candidates is sent to AFMS Authorities for conducting the counselling. They sent back the result of the counselling i.e. the allotment to MCC for uploading on MCC website. For more details check below.
– AFMC MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 list of candidates shortlisted for screening along with reporting date and time has been released. Click here to check the same.
– Register for NEET 2020 counselling for AFMC MBBS / BDS admission – Click here
– AFMC has released the notice regarding the registration for MBBS admission. Scroll down to check.
AFMC MBBS/BDS Admission Through NEET 2020
Admissions to AFMC MBBS course will be done through common counselling which will be conducted in online mode. Candidates can apply for the counselling process on time by checking the expected schedule for the same. The schedule provided here is as per MCC’s last year’s counselling dates.
Expected Schedule for AFMC MBBS / BDS Admission 2020
|NEET 2020 Counselling||Dates|
|NEET Round 1 Counselling 2020|
|Registration / Payment & Choice Filling||27 Oct – 2 Nov 2020|
|Choice filling / Locking||28 Oct – 2 Nov 2020|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||3 – 4 Nov 2020|
|Result||5 Nov 2020|
|Reporting||6 – 12 Nov 2020|
|NEET Round 2 Counselling 2020|
|Registration / Payment & Choice Filling||18 – 22 Nov 2020|
|Choice filling / Locking||19 – 22 Nov 2020|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||23 -24 Nov 2020|
|Result||25 Nov 2020|
|Reporting||26 Nov – 2 Dec 2020|
AFMC MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 Notice
- Click here to download the above notice.
AFMC MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate seeking admission to the MBBS Course at AFMC, Pune for the year 2020 is eligible if he/she fulfills the following criteria: –
Nationality – A candidate should be a citizen of India. Foreign nationals of Indian origin may be admitted into AFMC only after they have acquired Indian Citizenship or in respect of whom the Ministry of Home Affairs issues a certificate of eligibility.
Marital status – Must be unmarried. Marrying during the course is not permitted.
Medical fitness – Should be medically fit as per prescribed standards by the Govt of India, Ministry of Defence.
Age Limit – The candidate should have attained the age as prescribed in notification but must not have attained the age of 24 years on that date.
Educational Qualification – Candidates must have passed one of the qualifying exam (10+2 or equivalent exam) in the first attempt with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken simultaneously and securing not less than 60% of the aggregate marks in the three science subjects taken together and not less than 50% marks in any of the four subjects. They must have also passed an examination in Mathematics of the tenth standard.
Note – Candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Jammu & Kashmir are
eligible for admission to AFMC, Pune.
The following categories of candidates are not eligible to apply:-
- Candidates who have passed in Domestic Science, Domestic Arithmetic, and Lower Maths separately or in combination with other subjects like General Science / Social studies in High School / Higher Secondary (Multipurpose) or equivalent examination.
- Candidates who have passed only Pre-University / Pre-Degree (one-year course) or Pre-Professional in Agriculture / Veterinary / Dental Examination.
- Candidates who have passed the Pre-professional or equivalent qualifying examination as a Private candidate or from Open schools.
- Candidates who have secured the requisite percentage but in subsequent attempts or compartment examination.
AFMC MBBS/BDS 2020 Admission Procedure
After the last date of registration, the list of candidates who have applied for AFMC, Pune shall be provided by MCC. The NEET Roll No. of the candidates who are shortlisted for the screening at AFMC, Pune based on merit and shall be sent to MCC. The candidates can check the result of seat allotment on the website of MCC, at mcc.ac.in.
The shortlisted candidates shall be called for Test of English Language, Comprehension, Logic, and Reasoning (ToELR), Psychological Assessment Test (PAT), Interview and Medical Examination at AFMC, Pune.
AFMC MBBS/BDS 2020 Document Scrutiny
The candidates called for admission will have to produce the following documents:
- the original Admit card for NEET UG – 2020 containing the NEET Roll number,
- original mark sheets of their qualifying examination and
- other documents, details of which will be given in the joining instructions.
If their results and mark sheets are not received by the date of reporting for admission to AFMC, their candidature will be canceled and no representation in this respect will be entertained. No candidate will be admitted provisionally awaiting the result of the qualifying examination. If at any point of time in the process of interview, admission, or MBBS course the documents of the candidate are found to be false/not authentic or any other discrepancy is observed, the candidature/selection/admission of the candidate will be canceled forthwith.
AFMC MBBS/BDS 2020 Seat Intake
The reservation of seats at AFMC is as follows:
- Totals seats: 14
- Seats for girls: 30
- Seats for boys: 115
- Seats for foreign students: 5
AFMC MBBS/BDS 2020 Reservation
Reservation is only for SC/ST category candidates. 10 out of 145 are reserved for SC/ST candidates. The following procedure will be followed for admission of SC / ST candidates against the reserved seats subject to fulfilling the following criteria:-
- The SC/ST candidates must have applied for AFMC Pune and also qualified in the NEET UG – 2020 written examination.
- If shortlisted and called for the screening at AFMC, they must come within the first 500 in the final combined merit list of boys and girls.
- They must fulfill all other conditions/standards, as applicable to non-SC/ ST candidates, like age eligibility, academic qualification, medical fitness, etc.
- These reserved seats will be in addition to any vacancies secured by SC / ST candidates on the basis of their position in the merit lists.
- In case of any SC / ST girl/boy, admitted against reserved vacancies the number of girls/boys to be admitted against the general seats will be reduced correspondingly.
- All such candidates will have to sign a surety bond on the same lines and on the same conditions as non-SC / ST candidates.
AFMC MBBS/BDS 2020 Cut Off
Cut off is the qualifying criteria which made the institute itself for considering candidates as qualified. All the candidates who will score marks equal or more than cut off score will be considered as qualified. Cut off marks for AFMC Admission – AFMC Cut Off as per last year’s available (minimum marks scored in NEET to be called for screening) was as follows:
About Armed Force Medical College, Pune
Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune is a premier medical institute of India. The College is a Centre of Excellence for medical education and research. It was initially established in 1948 for postgraduate courses. The graduate wing for the MBBS course was started on 04 Aug 1962 with the aim of inducting medical graduates to the Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS). Presently the college provides training to under-graduate and post-graduate medical and nursing students with assured career prospects in the defence services. AFMC, Pune is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik and is recognized by the Medical Council of India.
Official website: afmc.nic.in
For more information about AFMC MBBS/BDS Admission Through NEET 2020, candidates can – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.