AFMC MBBS Admission 2019 – Eligible candidates who are interested to join AFMC Pune, to pursue the MBBS course will have to mandatorily register and apply for AFMC, Pune on DGHS website: www.mcc.nic.in during the registration window provided by the DGHS. Candidates are advised to visit the website for details. After the last date of registration, list of candidates who have applied for AFMC, Pune will be provided by DGHS. Approximately 1750 candidates (1170 boys and 580 girls) will be called for the screening to be held in the third and fourth week of June 2019 at AFMC, Pune. Candidates can get all the information from this article.
AFMC MBBS Admission 2019
Candidates seeking admission to AFMC Pune will have to qualify the NEET UG –2019 examination conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The exact schedule of the screening at AFMC, Pune along with the details of the shortlisted candidates will be available on the website: www.afmcdg1d.gov.in /www.mcc.nic.in tentatively by 20 June 2019.
A candidate seeking admission to the MBBS Course at AFMC, Pune for the year 2019 is eligible if he/she fulfills the following criteria: –
Nationality – A candidate should be a citizen of India. Foreign nationals of Indian origin may be admitted into AFMC only after they have acquired Indian Citizenship or in respect of whom the Ministry of Home Affairs issues a certificate of eligibility.
Marital status – Must be unmarried. Marrying during the course is not permitted.
Medical fitness – Should be medically fit as per prescribed standards by the Govt of India, Ministry of Defence.
Age Limit – The candidate should have attained the age of 17 years on 31 Dec 2019 but must not have attained the age of 24 years on that date i.e. must have been born not earlier than 01 January 1996 and not later than 31 December 2002.
Educational Qualification – Candidates must have passed one of the qualifying exam (10+2 or equivalent exam) in the first attempt with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken simultaneously and securing not less than 60% of the aggregate marks in the three science subjects taken together and not less than 50% marks in any of the four subjects. They must have also passed an examination in Mathematics of the tenth standard.
Note – Candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Jammu & Kashmir are
eligible for admission to AFMC, Pune.
The following categories of candidates are not eligible to apply:-
- Candidates who have passed in Domestic Science, Domestic Arithmetic, and Lower Maths separately or in combination with other subjects like General Science / Social studies in High School / Higher Secondary (Multipurpose) or equivalent examination.
- Candidates who have passed only Pre-University / Pre-Degree (one-year course) or Pre-Professional in Agriculture / Veterinary / Dental Examination.
- Candidates who have passed the Pre-professional or equivalent qualifying examination as a Private candidate or from Open schools.
- Candidates who have secured the requisite percentage but in subsequent attempts or compartment examination.
What is NEET?
National Eligibility Entrance Test is the national level medical entrance exam by the National Board of Examination. Exam centers for NEET are in several cities in India and you can apply for NEETs official website. Candidates seeking admission to AFMC Pune will have to qualify the NEET UG –2019 examination conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
After the last date of registration, list of candidates who have applied for AFMC, Pune will be provided by DGHS. The NEET Roll No. of the candidates who are shortlisted for the screening at AFMC, Pune based on merit will be displayed on the website.
The shortlisted candidates will be called for Test of English Language, Comprehension, Logic, and Reasoning (ToELR), Psychological Assessment Test (PAT), Interview and Medical Examination to be held in the month of June / July at AFMC, Pune.
The candidates called for admission will have to produce the following documents:
- the original Admit card for NEET UG – 2019 containing the NEET Roll number,
- original mark sheets of their qualifying examination and
- other documents, details of which will be given in the joining instructions.
If their results and mark sheets are not received by the date of reporting for admission to AFMC, their candidature will be canceled and no representation in this respect will be entertained. No candidate will be admitted provisionally awaiting the result of the qualifying examination. If at any point of time in the process of interview, admission, or MBBS course the documents of the candidate are found to be false/not authentic or any other discrepancy is observed, the candidature/selection/admission of the candidate will be canceled forthwith.
Number of Seats
A total of 145 medical cadets (115 boys & 30 girls) will be admitted for the year 2019. In addition to the above 145 seats, Govt of India at its discretion through Ministry of External Affairs & Ministry of Defence may sponsor and select five (05) NEET(UG) qualified foreign students from friendly foreign countries for MBBS training in AFMC, under their aid/collaboration programmes.
Reservation is only for SC/ST category candidates. Ten seats out of 145 are reserved for SC/ST candidates. The following procedure will be followed for admission of SC / ST candidates against the reserved seats subject to fulfilling the following criteria:-
- The SC/ST candidates must have applied for AFMC Pune and also qualified in the NEET UG – 2019 written examination.
- If shortlisted and called for the screening at AFMC, they must come within the first 500 in the final combined merit list of boys and girls.
- They must fulfill all other conditions/standards, as applicable to non-SC/ ST candidates, like age eligibility, academic qualification, medical fitness, etc.
- These reserved seats will be in addition to any vacancies secured by SC / ST candidates on the basis of their position in the merit lists.
- In case of any SC / ST girl/boy, admitted against reserved vacancies the number of girls/boys to be admitted against the general seats will be reduced correspondingly.
- All such candidates will have to sign a surety bond on the same lines and on the same conditions as non-SC / ST candidates.
Cut off marks for AFMC Admission 2017 – AFMC Cut Off (minimum marks scored in NEET to be called for screening) was as follows:
Official website: www.afmc.nic.in
For more information Regarding AFMC MBBS Admission 2019 check – Information Brochure.