AIIMS PG Application Form 2020 – All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi releases the application form for admission in AIIMS Post Graduate (AIIMS PG) courses of MD, MS, M.Ch., DM, and M.D.S. The application form has to be filled online through official website, aiimsexams.org. Entrance examination of AIIMS PG is held twice a year for January and July session. Candidates who have already registered for one session need not to register again for another session of the same year. The application fee for general / OBC candidate is 1500 and 1200 is for SC / ST candidate. Candidate must have MBBS degree for MD / MS and BDS degree for MDS courses of a University recognized by the Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India. Scroll down to know more about AIIMS PG Application Form 2020.
Latest: The basic registration for AIIMS PG 2020 is now open. Register using the direct link below.
AIIMS PG Application Form 2020
AIIMS PG application form is filled using PAAR facility which includes basic registration and final registration. The basic registration is enduring which means it can be used in next academic year as well. Whereas, final registration is exam specific. Check the schedule for AIIMS PG Application Form 2020 from the table mentioned below.
|AIIMS PG Application Form 2020||MD / MS / M.Ch (6yr) / DM (6 yr.) / MDS||DM / M.Ch (3 yrs) / MD (HA)|
|AIIMS PG registrations starts from||6 Jul 2019||Aug 2019|
|Last date to apply for AIIMS PG 2020||4th week of Aug 2019||Aug 2019|
|AIIMS PG Final registration starts from||Sep 2019||Sep 2019|
|AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Date||17 Nov 2019||3 Nov 2019|
- Click here for AIIMS PG 2020 [MD / MS / M.Ch (6yr) / DM (6 yr.) / MDS] Basic Registration.
AIIMS PG 2020 Application Fee
Application form is considered complete only after the payment of the fees. The amount paid by the aspirants is non-refundable and non-transferable. Candidates can check the expected fee amount for AIIMS PG 2020 from the table given below.
|General / OBC||1500/-|
|SC / ST||1200/-|
|PWD||candidate with bench-mark disability is exempted from payment of any fee.|
Mode of payment
Candidate can make the payment of the application fee through –
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Net banking
Prospective Applicants Advanced Registration (PAAR)
In 2019, All India Institute of Medical Sciences introduced PAAR facility in order to decrease the number of forms rejected every year because of the wrong information given by candidates. Through PAAR, online registration of candidates start a year before the commencement of the exam. And if in case, candidate has made a mistake in the application form then it is notified in the first stage of registration process itself so that candidate has enough time to correct it
PAAR is a two step process which is as follows.
- Candidate has to provide personal basic information about himself / herself and attach the scanned copy of important documents in this step.
- Basic registration window opens almost a year before the commencement of exam. Once the basic registration window closes, candidate will not be able to fill the form.
- Candidate is not charged a single penny for filling basic registration form.
- Basic registration is enduring. This means that once the information filled it can be used further for subsequent sessions as well.
- One single basic registration per candidate is sufficient for taking entrance examination for more than one course (MD/MS/MCh(6YRS)/DM(6YRS)/MDS)
- Only those candidates who wish to write the exam in the upcoming session shall fill the final registration form.
- Candidate has to provide information regarding the exam centre, payment of application fee, qualification detail and so on.
- Candidate will not be able to fill the final registration form if their basic registration form is declared invalid.
How to Apply for AIIMS PG 2020 (Step by Step Guide)
Candidates have to apply as per the process of PAAR. Candidate shall follow the below given easy steps to fill the application form.
Step 1: Registration
- Candidate shall click on the link given on this page under the schedule table section. On doing so, candidate is directed to the homepage. Now, click on the registration link to start with the application form process.
- Thereafter, candidate is directed to the instructions page. It is advised to read them all carefully and fill the form accordingly.
- Proceeding further, candidate need to select the course for which he / she wants to apply. Next, fill the mandatory details asked such as candidate’s name, gender, nationality, caste, email id, phone number and address.
- After filling all the details, click on the “Register” button. On doing so, a message will pop up on the screen stating candidate’s registration number. Also, login credentials will be sent to the candidate’s registered phone number or email id.
- Candidate can anytime login using the registration number & password and make the changes in the registration form (if required).
Step 2: Upload Images
- The second step of basic registration process is to attach the photograph and other documents.
- Candidate needs to attach the scanned copy of passport size photograph and signature and left thumb expression as per the specification given below on this page.
- Once you are done, click on the submit button.
Step 3: Exam specific information
- Candidate need to login again using the login credentials. Only those candidates whose basic registration form is considered valid are allowed to proceed further for final registration.
- Here, candidate requires to fill the details regarding qualification, education, and so on.
- Candidate has to make a choice of the exam centre. The choice of city once submitted by the candidate cannot be altered in future.
- Also, candidate has to make the payment of the application fee via credit / debit card or net banking in final registration form.
Step 4: Registration slip
After completing all the steps, applicants are advised to download and take a print out of the final registration slip. Candidate should retain a copy of Registration Slip till the completion of Admission Process.
Note: Candidate is not required to send the application form or any other document to the exam centre. Always keep basic and final registration form and payment receipt for future references.
Keep These Documents at the Time of Filling the Application Form of AIIMS PG 2020
Candidates are advised to keep all the authentic documents ready with proper and updated information while filling the AIIMS PG 2020 application form. The following is the list of documents which should be present with the candidate at the time of filling the AIIMS PG 2020 application form –
- Candidate applying in category other than general need to provide relevant certificate to claim a seat in SC / ST/ PWD.
- Scanned copy of photograph and signature.
- Scanned copy of personal ID proofs ( PAN card, Aadhar card, Voter ID, College id, DOB, and Residential address ).
- Scanned copy of the qualifying degree.
Details to be Filled in AIIMS PG 2020 Application Form
The following are the details that has to be filled by the candidate in the application form.
- Course applied for
- Parent’s name
- Date of birth
- Reservation details.
- Address 1
- Address 2
- State/ Province
- Postal Code
- Father’s Name
- Father’s Annual Income (In Rs.)
- Father’s Profession
- Father’s Designation
- Mother’s Name
- Mother’s Annual Income (In Rs.)
- Mother’s Profession
- Qualifying degree
- 12th certificate
- 12th marksheet
- 10th certificate
- 10th marksheet
- Any diploma course
- And name of the course you want to apply in
AIIMS PG 2020 Application Form Image Specifications
Candidates are required to upload their photograph, signature and left thumb impression at the time of online registration.
- Candidate’s photograph must be taken in white background without a border and clearly shows face, eyes and ears of a candidate.
- The standard size must be 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm, (width X height).
- Photograph must be recent. Not more than 6 months old.
- The format of image must be in JPG or JPEG.
- Signature must be done using thick blue / ball pen only.
- The format must be in JPG or JPEG.
- Signature must be done on a white plain sheet.
- Only left thumb impression is considered valid.
- Take a good quality black / blue stamp
- Lines of the finger must be clearly visible in the print.
- Candidate’s left thumb expression must be in 200 DPI (dots per inch).
- Supported format of the image includes JPG or JPEG.
Reasons for rejection of photograph.
- Blurred image
- Background is not white.
- Photo occupying a small portion of the frame.
- Photo taken in side profile / with glares / group etc.
AIIMS PG 2020 Eligibility
AIIMS have a stated set of eligibility criteria for the admissions in PG courses and that is as follows –
For admission in MD (Hospital Administration)
- Qualification and Experience: Candidate must have MBBS degree or any equivalent degree along with a minimum experience of three years in a hospital in a relevant field or five years in general practice.
- Certificate: Candidate must enclose a certificate issued by District Magistrate in support of the general practice of five years.
- Marks: Applicant shall have scored minimum 55% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS professional examinations. There is a concession of 5% for SC / ST candidates. For candidates belonging to the SC / ST Categories 50% marks in aggregate is compulsory.
For admission in MD (not hospital administration) / MS / MDS
- Qualification: Candidate must have MBBS degree for MD / MS and BDS degree for MDS courses of a University recognized by the Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India.
- Internship: Candidate must have completed 1 year (12 months) rotatory internship on or before 30th January 2020.
- Marks: Applicants shall have scored minimum 55% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS / BDS professional examinations. For applicants belonging to the SC / ST Categories 50% marks in aggregate is compulsory.
Eligibility criteria for Foreign Nationals, Indian National Candidates and Sponsored Candidates for admission in MD / MS / MDS (6 years)
- The eligibility of Sponsored Candidates with respect to the minimum marks in aggregate in all the MBBS / BDS professional examinations will be the same as for other candidates.
- For foreign students, obtain the certificate of grading system from your University / Institution to determine the value of grading in percentage to be produced. After getting the certificate, calculate total and obtained marks from the certificate then fill “Marks Column” and complete Final Registration before due date.
- Indian National candidates who are graduated from foreign Universities must fill their MCI screening exam % in the online form. Candidate must have obtained 55% for UR / OBC, 50% for SC/ ST categories, in FMGE exam conducted by NBE, Govt. of India, Delhi
For admission in M.Ch. and DM (3 years super specialisation course)
- Qualification: Candidates must possess a degree in MD / MS or DNB from a University recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) in the respective discipline. Also, he / she must have completed the required qualification by July 31, 2020.
- Age limit: Applicant’s upper age limit is 35 years.
For admission in M.Ch. and DM (6 years post graduate)
- Qualification and Internship: Candidate must possess MBBS degree and should have completed the required period of one year (12 months) compulsory Internship.
- Marks: Applicant must have obtained at least 55% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS professional examinations.
AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Centre
Heard of first-cum-first-serve basis? Candidates are allotted their choice of exam centre only if they have been an early bird. Candidates are required to choose the preference of exam city at the time of filling the final registration form. The city of examination once chosen and allotted will not be changed and any request in this regard will not be entertained. Hence, it is suggested to make a choice of the city with utmost care.
The following are the choices of exam city centre available for a candidate.
- Greater Noida
- Bihali nagar
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) was established in 1956 by an act of parliament. AIIMS has its head office in New Delhi. Apart from that, there are other 6 AIIMS located in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Raipur, Rishikesh and Patna. Candidate’s have to clear an entrance exam to acquire a seat in AIIMS. The admissions are done on the basis of merit-cum-choice of the candidate. The entrance examination of AIIMS PG is held twice a year for January and July session. Those who clear the exam are called for counselling and seats are allotted to them.
Candidate can apply for post graduate and super specialisation courses through AIIMS PG.
|AIIMS PG Courses Includes (Post MBBS / BDS)||AIIMS SS Courses Includes (Post PG)|
|MS||M.Ch (3 yrs)|
|M.Ch (6 yrs)|
|DM (6 yrs)|
|MD (Hospital Administration)|
AIIMS PG 2020 Application Form FAQs
The following are the list of questions that pop up in every candidate’s mind.
Q) How can i apply for AIIMS PG course?
A) Candidate can apply online only using PAAR facility. Visit the official website and register yourself. After doing this, candidate can proceed for code generation and final registration. The step by step process is explained above on this page. Candidate can check it to get a more clear idea.
Q) Can I fill out the Final Registration if I do not fill Basic Registration?
A) No, candidate cannot fill the final registration form if they have missed out to fill basic registration form.
Q) I have completed Step-1 of Basic Registration, can I fill the Final Registration?
A) No, it is necessary to fill step 1 and step 2 of Basic Registration to fill out the Final Registration.
Q) Can I upload images taken a year ago with colour background?
A) Images with colour background are not acceptable. Photograph MUST be taken recently and should not be taken more than six months prior from the start of Online Registration. Only recent color passport size photograph with white background is required.