Bilaspur University has released notification for the eligible candidates to take admission in various courses through an Entrance Test for the academic year 2018-19. Candidates could apply and fill the application from the official website www.bilaspuruniversity.ac.in as per schedule. Candidates can check the complete information of Bilaspur University Admission 2018 application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
Bilaspur University Admission 2018
Those candidates who were seeking admission in various courses at Bilaspur University filled their downloaded application form from the official website. Admit Card has been issued to those candidates who fill their application on time for entrance examination which will be held in the month of June 2018. All the available courses are Job oriented and based on CBCS system. Selection of candidates for admission will be made on the basis of merit to be prepared through Marks of qualifying examination and marks obtained in Entrance test.
Schedule for the Bilaspur University Admission 2018 is given below.
|Start of Applcation process||01 May 2018|
|Last date of receiving of application form||20 Jun 2018|
|Issue / Downloading of Admit Card||25 Jun 2018|
|Entrance test date||27 Jun 2018|
|Declaration of Result||30 Jun 2018|
|Admission through merit list / counselling||02 to 25 Jul 2018|
Entrance test will be held on June 27, 2018 for all of the courses. For, Computer science/ Microbiology and Bioinformatics/ Hotel Management it will be held between 11.00 am- 12 noon. For, Commerce/ Food Processing it will be held between 01.00 pm- 02.00pm.
Bilaspur University 2018 Application Form
Application Form is available on university website which has to be downloaded and submitted to the University along with prescribed fee (To be paid online). Candidates are requested to ensure their eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The direct link to fill the application form is also given below.
Application process is over now..!!
Filled in application form should reach the University by June 20, 2018 either by dropping in box kept in Bilaspur University campus or by postal addressed to the Coordinator, Admission cell, Bilaspur, University, Old High Court Campus, Bilaspur, Dist. Bilaspur (C.G.) 495001. The envelop should contain “Application for admission to ———————————– (Subject)”.
Application and Entrance Fee
- SC / ST – Rs. 250.00
- Others – Rs. 350.00
List of Document to be enclosed with Application Form
- On line fee receipt that has been generated after successful payment.
- Self attested Photocopies of mark-sheets/certificates in support of his/her educational qualification.
- Certificate(s) in support of the category claimed for reservation in the application form: Self attested copy of Caste Certificate from the competent authority as mentioned in this admission brochure (for SC/ST/OBC/DA category candidates only)
- B.Com/ M.Com 5 Year Integrated Course (With exit option after 3 year UG Programme) – Higher Secondary with 45% marks.
- B.Sc../M.Sc., 5 year Computer Science Integrated Course (With exit option after 3 year UG Programme) – Higher Secondary having Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics with 45% marks
- B.Sc./M.Sc., 5 Year Food Processing and Technology Integrated Course (With exit option after 3 year UG Programme) – Higher Secondary having Chemistry with 45% Marks
- Bachelor in Hotel Management (B.H.M.) – Higher Secondary in any stream with 45% marks
- M.Com. – B.Com with 45% marks.
- M.Sc. Computer Science – B.Sc (CS)/ BCA or equivalent with 45% marks
- M.Sc. Food Processing and Technology – Graduate in Food and Allied Subjects# with 45% Marks
- M.Sc. Microbiology and Bioinformatics – Graduate in any Bio-group with 45% marks
Note: 5 % relaxation will be given from minimum eligibility marks to SC / ST Candidates.
- Total intake based on number of students promoted from B.Sc., Honors, Computer Science (Under 5 years integrated program)
- Bachelor degree in Food Processing and Technology/ Food Processing/ Food Technology/ Food Science & Technology/ Food Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ Food Science/ Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Agricultural Engineering/ Dairy Technology/ Dairy engineering/ Forensic science and Food & Nutrition.
Duration of Entrance test will be of one hour. The question paper will contain 60 multiple choice questions carrying one mark each. There will be NO negative marking.
The University reserves the right to change or extend the closing dates for those subjects for which the number of applications received is less than number of seats available or not in proper ratio. Last date of admission may be extended with prior permission of Honourable Vice chancellor.
Admission process is based on Merit obtained on Marks of Entrance exam (60%) and Marks of Qualifying examination (40%).
Syllabus of Entrance Examination for Under Graduate (UG)
- General ability (General Knowledge, General English, Reasoning) – 30 Marks.
- Subject Specific up to 12th level – 30 Marks.
Syllabus of Entrance Examination for Post Graduate (PG)
- Subject Specific (Degree level) – 60 Marks
Instruction to Candidates
- Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves the minimum eligibility criteria as laid down in this brochure for the course he/she is seeking for admission.
- Mere appearance in the Entrance Test or securing pass marks at the test does not entitle a candidate to be considered for admission to the Course unless he/she fulfils the minimum eligibility conditions. Applicants must fully satisfy themselves about their course wise eligibility as prescribed in the Admission Brochure, before filling the application form.
- If an applicant is inadvertently allowed to appear at the Entrance Test who otherwise does not meet the minimum course wise eligibility requirements, he/she cannot, at a later date, use that as a right to claim that he/she meets the eligibility requirements.
- The University will not be responsible for postal delay in delivery of the application forms of the candidates.
- No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidates for appearing in the examination.
- Medium of entrance test will be English only.
- Admit card may be obtained from the department concerned and will be not be dispatched through post.
- For any enquiry candidate may contact the Head of the concerned department, Bilaspur University, Bilaspur.
- Admission test will be conducted in university teaching department (UTD) only.
- Students seeking admission to more than one course may appear in entrance test of any one of the course.
- Admission will be given strictly as per reservation policy of C.G. Govt.
- Number of seats may vary if required.
- Relaxation of 5% in minimum eligibility criteria will be given to the applicants belonging to SC/ ST category. Also relaxation in upper age limit (of 5 years for SC, ST & PWD candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates) to SC, ST, OBC & DA category candidates will be given as per C.G. state rule
- For each course, the minimum eligibility criteria are mentioned Department wise in this Admission Brochure.
- A candidate studying in the final year of UG and H.Sc. is eligible to appear in the entrance examination but candidate must have the evidence of qualifying examination at the time of counseling/admission otherwise his/her candidature shall be turned down and the opportunity will be given to the next candidate in the merit list.
- Candidates are allowed to appear at the Entrance Tests provisionally subject to the final verification of Mark sheets/ Degrees/Certificates, validity of Certificates/Mark sheets of Qualifying Examination
- Application form of candidates submitted with forged/fake certificates or adopted fraudulent means shall be REJECTED. Further, such candidates shall be debarred from appearing in any subsequent Entrance Tests conducted by the university and his/her candidature will be cancelled at any time even after admission.
For detailed information check 2018 Brochure: Download information brochure here.
Official website: www.bilaspuruniversity.ac.in.