CEED 2019 is conducted is every year by IIT Bombay for designing intakes aiming to check candidate’s aptitude for design along with visual perception ability, drawing skills, logical reasoning, creativity, communication, and problem solving skills. Hence, there is no prescribed syllabus for this examination. Yet, there are certain areas scoping for excellence in person, which could be done in order to get prepared for the entrance examination. Like every year CEED 2019 will also consist the questions where the ability of original thinking will be tested.
CEED 2019 Syllabus
CEED 2019 will be broadly classified into two parts A & B. Students are requested to go through each of the part for the better preparation. CEED 2019 is an aptitude test and therefore no specific text book or guide is suggested for the candidates to refer for the preparation. Nevertheless, candidates may practice their drawing, rendering and visualization skills.
Part A will cover the areas of visualization and spatial ability, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language and creativity, design thinking and problem solving, observation and design sensitivity. Part B of CEED 2018 will cover the areas of drawing, creativity, communication skills, analytical and problem solving skills.
Part A will have questions related to these topics:
- Visualization and spatial ability: Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test the understanding of transformation and / or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
- Environmental and social awareness: General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of design terminologies, social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature.
- Analytical and logical reasoning: Ability to analyse given information logically and select the most appropriate solutions. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.
- Language and creativity: Ability to understand passages in commonly used English language. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
- Design thinking and problem solving: Ability to understand the context, the users and the constraints and select the most appropriate solution for a given design problem.
- Observation and design sensitivity: Ability to detect concealed properties in day to day life and think critically about them. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
Part B of CEED 2018 will have questions related to these topics:
- Drawing: Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
- Creativity: Ability to think out of the box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions.
- Communication skills: Ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals.
- Analytical and problem solving skills: Ability to understand the user and the context, knowledge of properties of materials and process and their appropriate 12 use in design, originality of solutions, ability to create characters, plots and stories, etc.
- Given below is the pdf which consists of the exhaustive list of entire topics which could be prepared for the CEED 2019. These topics will serve as syllabus for the candidates who are looking to take admission in the various courses for designing.
Syllabus: Click here to download the syllabus.
Things to remember
- CEED 2019 is an aptitude test and hence no specific text book or guide is recommended.
- The candidates may however practice their drawing, rendering and visualization skills.
- Question papers of some of the previous years are available on the CEED website.
- Candidates are suggested to solve previous years question paper for treat it as an imitation of the syllabus.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.