Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2020 – B.Ed CET 2020 result has been published at official website i.e. dibru.ac.in. The test is conducted in the offline mode for admission into a 2-year B.Ed course. The candidates who qualify the entrance test are offered admission in the affiliated colleges and Department of Education at Dibrugarh University. Check more information about Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2020 from this page such as application process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, etc.
Latest: Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2020 Result has been declared now. Click here to check it.
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2020
Every year, thousands of online applications are received by the Dibrugarh University for its B.Ed. admission. Candidates are evaluated on the basis of marks obtained by them in the qualifying exam and performance in the B.Ed (CET). Aspirants can check the schedule for Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2020 from the table given below.
|Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2020||Dates|
|Online Application portal activates on||27 Oct 2020|
|Last Date for Submission of the online Application||12 Nov 2020 (Till 5 PM)|
|Availability of Admit card||20 Nov 2020|
|Examination Date||24 Nov 2020|
|Result declaration||On or Before 07 Dec 2020|
|Last date for completion of admission process||–|
|Commencement of classes||–|
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2020 Result
Dibrugarh University releases the result online at the official website. The result for Dibrugarh BEd CET 2020 is released in the form of a scorecard. It carries details of the candidates who have been shortlisted/selected for admission to the B.Ed program. Test takers can check their result by entering details like roll number and examination center.
Candidates who qualify the B.Ed CET 2020 exam are invited to attend the round of counseling and are then eligible to apply for admission into the institution of their choice at the time of B.Ed CET 2020 counseling session. Candidates are allotted seat in the institute of their choice based on their merit and availability of seats.
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2020 Admit Card
Dibrugarh University has issued the admit card for B.Ed CET 2020 on the official website. Candidates have to visit the office and provide their login credentials. To download the admit card, they need to enter the username and login password. Admit card is an important document that carries information like Form/ Roll Number, Subject, Date of Examination, Venue, Name of the candidate, Gender, Permanent Address/ Present, Category, Domicile, and Date of Birth, etc. Test takers are required to carry their admit card with identity proof on the day of examination.
Only after successful submission of the application form, admit cards shall be generated against each successful submission of the application. The Candidate shall have to take a print out of the hall ticket and bring the same to the examination hall on the date of the test for verification.
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2020 Application Form
Applications for B.Ed CET 2020 are invited through online mode on the official website. No other means of application is accepted. The candidate is required to submit the specified amount of application fee. Candidates have to pay the Dibrugarh University B.Ed. CET 2020 Application fee by at the time of submission of application form. Following are the details regarding online application process.
Steps to apply for Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2020.
|Step 1:||Register for B.Ed CET 2020|
|Step2:||Login using Username and Password|
|Step 3:||Fill the application form|
|Step 4:||Uploading documents|
|Step 5:||Preview the details in application|
|Step 6:||Final submission of application|
Application form fee: Applicant shall have to pay the following fee.
- Rs. 700/-(for all candidates)
Mode of application fee payment: B.Ed. CET fee can be paid only through the online payment gateway by using the following.
- Debit (ATM) Card, Credit Card, Internet Banking
Note: No other mode of payment other than online, is accepted.
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for B.Ed CET 2020, a candidate needs to meet the laid eligibility criteria. Thus, it is important for candidates to fulfill the below given criteria before applying.
- Candidates with at least 50% in Bachelor’s Degree and /or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Humanities OR
- Bachelor’s in Engineering / Technology of Dibrugarh University, or any other University recognized by Dibrugarh University with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks
Relaxation: In the eligibility criteria, a relaxation of 5% in the qualifying marks shall be provided to the candidates:
- belonging to the SC/ ST/ OBC/MOBC/ PWD categories OR
- having a minimum of 5 (five) years teaching experience in a school recognized at least up to the 10th standard by the Board of Secondary Education, Assam.
- A candidate can avail the benefit of relaxation of marks only in any one of the above categories.
NOTE: A candidate securing 50% marks or more in the Honours / Major subject but less than 50 % in aggregate in all the courses/papers of the Bachelor’s degree will not be eligible for admission to B.Ed. programme, as the requirement is 50% marks in the aggregate.
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates need to prepare for Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2020, as per the prescribed exam pattern.
- Maximum Marks – 70 marks
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Number of Sections – 5
- Number of Objective questions – 70, carrying 1 mark each
- Duration – 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Mode – Offline test
Distribution of sections and number of questions is as follows.
|Subject||Number of questions|
|Test of Reasoning||15|
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2020 Important Books
Following are some important books candidates can refer for exam preparation.
|Important books||Available at|
|B.Ed Study package||Buy here|
|B.Ed guide||Buy here|
|Objective General English||Buy here|
|A new approach to reasoning||Buy here|
|Numerical Ability||Buy here|
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2020 Exam Centres
Dibrugarh University conducts B.Ed CET 2020 exam across various exam centres in the State of Assam. Last year university conducted the B.Ed CET exam in 9 examination centres on the prescribed dates. It is expected that the exam will again be conducted in these test centres:
|Name of the centre||Centre code|
|Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh||2001|
|Govt. Post Graduate Training College, Jorhat||2002|
|KBM College of Teacher Education, Jorhat||2003|
|College of Teacher Education, Golaghat||2004|
|Lakhimpur P.G.T. College, North Lakhimpur||2005|
|Dhemaji P.G.T. College, Dhemaji||2006|
|College of Teacher Education, Tinsukia||2007|
|College of Teacher Education, Dhakuakhana||2008|
|Sibsagar College of Teacher Education, Sivasagar||2009|
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2020 Selection Criteria
Selection for admission into the 2 years B.Ed. Programme in any institution under Dibrugarh University shall be based on the following factors:-
- Diburgarh B.Ed CET 2020 will carry a maximum of 70 marks.
- Career performance will carry a maximum of 30 marks, on the basis of the percentage secured in the HSLC, HS, the First Degree and/or Master’s Degree Examination.
- 10% of the percentage of marks secured in H.S.L.C., H.S., Bachelor’s Degree and /or Master’s Degree Examination shall be considered as career performance in each examination. For example: If a student gets 53% in the first Degree Examination (Major / Aggregate), his/her career performance marks in that examination will be 5.3
Note – The candidates, who cleared the B.Ed. CET, 2020, shall have to apply for admission into the institution of their choice. The concerned institutions will select the candidates for admission on the basis of their marks in the CET and Career Performance. The marks on the career performance will be awarded by the respective institutions.
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2020 Reservation Criteria
Dibrugarh University has a pre-defined reservation criteria which is applicable for the reserved category candidates. There will be statutory reservation under various categories as follows:
- ST (P)- 10%
- ST (H)- 05%
- OBC/ MOBC-15%
- Differently Abled – 03%
Note: Candidates who are very negligibly disabled by visual deficiency and the like, shall not be eligible for consideration under this reserved category
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2020 -Participating Institutes
Each of these affiliated colleges/ institutes/ departments provided NCTE recognised B.Ed. courses. As per the marks obtained in B.Ed CET, a candidate is allotted a seat in any of these colleges. At the time of counseling, a candidate needs to report at the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- Department of Education, Dibrugarh University
- Govt. Post Graduate Training College, Jorhat (IASE)
- Lakhimpur P.G.T. College, Lakhimpur
- College of Teacher Education, Tinsukia
- KBM College of Teacher Education, Jorhat
- College of Teacher Education, Golaghat
- Namrup College of Teacher Education, Namrup
- Dhemaji P.G.T. College, Dhemaji
- Bihpuria Post Graduate Training College, Bihpuria
- Digboi B.Ed. College, Digboi
- Parijat Academy Teacher Education Institution, Dibrugarh
- College of Teacher Education, Dhakuakhana
- Sibsagar College of Teachers’ Education, Joysagar
- DIET, Lakhimpur, Azad.
- North Eastern Institute of Management Science, Jorhat
- Chandrakanta Hazarika College of Teacher Education, Dibrugarh
- DIET, Dibrugarh, Chabua
- DIET, Jorhat, Titabor
About Dibrugarh University
Dibrugarh University, established in 1965 consequent upon the provisions of the Dibrugarh University Act, 1965, enacted by the Assam Legislative Assembly. The University administers 177 affiliated colleges and institutes that spread over nine districts of Assam. Dibrugarh University is a member of the Association of Indian Universities and is recognized by all the universities in India and abroad. Dibrugarh University conducts The Common Entrance Test (B.Ed CET 2020) for admission two year B. Ed Programme of Dibrugarh University recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE).
Official website: dibru.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.