GPAT 2020 – National Testing Agency (NTA) took charge of conducting Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) last year. GPAT 2020 exam date falls in the 4th week of January 2020. GPAT 2020 is held at a national level for entry into M.Pharm programs. GPAT is a computer-based test, and all the candidates who have a bachelor’s degree in pharmacy can appear for it. To appear in the test, the candidates have to register for the same. GPAT 2020 scores are accepted by around 800 participating pharmacy institutes. check more details about GPAT 2020 on this page below.
GPAT is 3 hours long test with 125 objective questions. The AICE approved institutes that accept the scores of GPAT release their own cutoff list for admission. Check important dates of GPAT 2020 from the table below:
|Student Registration for Practice Center||1st week of Sep 2019|
|Start of registration for GPAT 2020||1st week of Nov 2019|
|Last date to apply||1st week of Dec 2019|
|Last date for uploading the scanned images||2nd week of Dec 2019|
|Last date to pay the application fee||2nd week of Dec 2019|
|Admit card will be available from||1st week of Jan 2020|
|GPAT 2020 Exam Date||4th week of Jan 2020|
|Display of GPAT 2020 Answer Key and Recorded Responses||1st week of Feb 2020|
|Declaration of result||1st week of Feb 2020|
GPAT 2020 Eligibility
The candidates must be eligible to be able to appear in GPAT. Therefore before they proceed with filling the online application form, they must confirm their eligibility as per the points given here:
- The candidates must have completed 10+2
- A bachelors degree in Pharmacy is a must that also includes the lateral entry students
- The candidates who are appearing in the bachelor’s degree final year can also apply for the test.
There is no age limit to apply for GPAT.
The candidate must be a citizen of India.
Reservation Policy of Participating Institutes of GPAT 2020
Note that the admission in the colleges under GPAT is as per the policy of reservation that they follow. The candidates even if they qualify the test, their admission is subjected to the availability of the seats as the reservation policies.
Candidates can check the reservation policy of the institutes that are central government:
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|(OBC – NCL)||27%|
- Each category has also reservation for the PwD candidates, which is 5%.
GPAT 2020 Application Form
The candidates have to apply for GPAT 2020. the application form is made available in the online mode only. the candidates can access the application form at ntagpat.nic.in. Here is how you can get the GPAT 2020 application for and apply for the same:
There are 4 major steps:
1st step: Register for Online Application Form and note down system generated Application Number.
2nd step: Complete the Application Form.
3rd step: Upload Scanned Images of Candidate Photograph and Candidate Signature.
4th step: Pay Examination Fee by SBI MOPS (Net Banking/Debit/Credit Card/eChallan) and print the confirmation page.
GPAT 2020 application fee: The candidates have to pay off the following amount to submit the application form:
General/ Non-creamy layer OBC: Rs. 700/-
SC/ST/PwD – Rs. 700/-
General/ Non-creamy layer OBC: Rs. 1400/-
SC/ST/PwD – Rs. 700/-
Transgenders of all categories: Rs. 700/-
GPAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The candidates can check below the exam pattern of GPAT 2020. The exam pattern helps the candidates to know the exam day question paper format beforehand:
- Number of Questions: Total Number of questions in the exam is 125.
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- Duration of the exam: The total duration of the exam is 3 hours (180 minutes).
- Marking Scheme: For correct answers, you get +4 marks in each question.
- Negative Marking: There is a negative marking of 01 marks for every incorrect answer.
The questions paper have questions from Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacognosy and other related subjects of Pharmacy.
GPAT 2020 Preparation Tips
To crack the national level pharma exam the candidates need to have some useful tips up their sleeves and thus here are some important tips for all the aspiring candidates:
- Approach the exam preparation with a calm and analytical mind.
- In GPAt aim for accuracy. It is important to attempt the questions with accuracy rather than attempting all the questions asked in the paper.
- Plan the exam day much before. The section to attempt first and the type of questions to attempt first must be a part of the preparation.
- Buy and read those books that have an easy to understand language for you.
- On the exam day, do not waste time on the question that you cannot attempt. Make sure you attempt all the questions first that you are 100% confident about.
GPAT 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of GPAT 2020 is defined. The candidates have to cover the below-given topics to cover the GPAT 2020 syllabus.
|Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics|
|Dispensing and Hospital Pharmacy|
|Clinical pharmacy and therapeutics|
To download the GPAT 2020 Syllabus click here!
GPAT 2020 Important Books
Candidates can check below the important books for GPAT 2020 Preparations:
|Book Name||Buy Here|
|The Pearson Guide to GPAT and Other Entrance Examination in Pharmacy||Click Here|
|COMPETE PHARMA (A Guide For Preparation of GPAT/NIPER/BITS
/CEEB/CET And Other Pharma Competitive Exams)
|GPAT Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test||Click Here|
|MCQs in Pharmacy for GPAT||Click Here|
|GPAT: A Companion||Click Here|
|GPAT Cracker||Click Here|
GPAT 2020 Admit Card
All the registered candidates who complete the application form and submission of the fee before the last date get their GPAT Admit Card 2020, NTA is not responsible to send the admit card to any of the candidates individually. The candidates need to login to their GPAT 2020 Login and download their admit card from therein.
The admit card has the exam day time, date and the venue address. The candidates are allowed to exam center only when they produce the printed copy of the GPAT admit card at the exam center. Any material apart from the admit card is debarred at the centers.
Apart from one passport size image also carry a valid photo Id proof in original, that can be any one of the following and are not expired:
- PAN card
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Card (With photograph)
- Ration Card
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
GPAT 2020 Exam Day Instructions
On the exam day, the candidates have to follow certain rules and times. The same is available below:
- The candidates shall report at the Examination Centre two hours before the commencement of the examination so as to complete the frisking and registration formalities well before the time.
- Registration desk closes 60 minutes prior to the examination.
- The candidate must show, on demand, the Admit Card downloaded/printed from the NTA’s website for entry in the examination room/hall.
- A candidate who does not possess the valid Admit Card shall not be permitted for the examination under any circumstances.
- A seat indicating roll number is allocated to each candidate. Candidates should find and sit on their allocated seat only. Any candidate found to have changed room/hall or the seat on his/her own other than allotted, his/her candidature shall be cancelled.
- For those who are unable to appear on the scheduled date of tests for any reason, the NTA shall not be responsible for the conduct of re-test, under any circumstance.
GPAT 2020 List of Exam Centers
Te GPAT exam is conducted across various cities of the nation, The candidates can check below the list of the cities where the GPAT exam is to be held:
GPAT 2020 Answer Key
Few days after the GPAt 2020 exam is complete, NTA displays the answer key over the official website. To check the answer key the candidates have to log in using their application number and password/date of birth.
The answer key of GPAT 2020 has all the correct answers to all the questions asked in the exam. The candidates can crosscheck the to get an estimate of their scores in the exam even before the declaration of the GPAT result. The answer keys are also open for challenge. The candidates can challenge the same using the online application form and paying an amount of Rs. 100/- per challenge made. The fee is to be paid online using credit/debit card/Net banking. After considering the challenges, if there is any changes in the key, then the final answer key is released that cannot be challenged any further.
GPAT 2020 Result
The candidates have to check the score of the GPAT 2020 exam online. No scorecard is sent to the candidates individually. To check the result the candidates have to access their login. The scorecard of GPAT 2020 is made available under the login that the candidates have to download and keep safe until the admission process is over.
There is no provision for re-evaluation/re-checking of the GPAT 2020 score. The result of GPAT is based on the final answer key. The actual/raw scores of the candidates are used for the computation of the GPAT result.
The formula to be used for the computation of the result is 4 X (no. of correct answers) – 1 X (no. of wrong answers)
GPAT 2020 FAQs
Candidate can check below the most frequently asked questions in GPAT:
Q: How is the GPAT 2020 computer-based online examination different from the conventional paper-based examinations?
A: The computer-based online examination is more or less the same except that a candidate reads a question on a computer terminal and clicks on the correct answer, instead of reading on a paper booklet and using a pencil/pen to darken the ovals on an answer sheet.
Q: Will I be provided with any scratch paper for rough work and calculations during the test?
A: Yes, rough sheets are provided at the exam center for the candidates to do any rough work. The candidates have to submit this sheet before leaving the exam centers.
Q: Is there any sectional cut off in the examination?
A: No. there is no sectional cut off in the GPAT examination.
Q: Am I eligible for registration for Ph.D. after qualifying in GPAT 2020 examination?
A: Although the GPAT 2020 score card is valid only for three years this is for the purpose of obtaining a scholarship in M. Pharmacy course. After completing M. Pharm Degree if someone is interested in getting registered for a Ph.D. degree then GPAT scorecard is valid beyond one year and the applicant need not appear in Ph.D. entrance/eligibility examination conducted by Indian universities