GPAT 2020 – NTA to hold GPAT on January 28, 2020 and the admit card to registered candidates to appear for the exam is avilable on gpat.nta.nic.in. Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is a national level online computer based test. It is a 3 hour examination, in which candidates have to solve 125 multiple choice questions. The qualifying candidates of GPAT get admission in M.Pharm courses, offered by the affiliated college under AICTE. Check more details regarding GPAT 2020 exam date, syllabus, form correction, admit card, etc from this page.
Latest: GPAT 2020 admit card is available. Download now.
GPAT 2020 is one of the most popular national level PG pharmacy entrance exam. Around 800 colleges of India participate in the examination. Check all the important dates for GPAT 2020 from the table below.
|Notice and brochure released on||31 Oct 2019|
|Start of registration for GPAT 2020||01 Nov 2019|
|Image correction facility opens||08 Nov 2019|
|Last date to apply||30 Nov 2019 (11:50 pm)|
|Last date to pay the application fee||01 Dec 2019|
|Choice of city||01 Nov – 02 Dec 2019|
|Admit card will be available from||24 Dec 2020|
|GPAT 2020 Exam Date||28 Jan 2020|
|Display of GPAT 2020 Answer Key and Recorded Responses||1st week of Feb 2020|
|Declaration of result||07 Feb 2020|
GPAT 2020 Admit Card
NTA releases admit card for GPAT 2020 on candidate’s login, available at gpat.nta.nic.in. To download the admit card, candidates have to enter application number and date of birth or password. All applicants are advised to download and print their admit card as it acts as an entry pass at the GPAT exam center and also it is their id proof as it contains their photograph and signature.
Apart from admit card, candidates are also required to go to the exam center along with a valid photo id proof (PAN card / Driving License / Voter ID / Passport / Aadhaar Card / ration card) and a passport size photograph. GPAT admit card contains the candidate’s roll number, name, exam date, venue, time, important instructions, etc.
GPAT 2020 Exam Centers
The GPAT exam is conducted across various cities of the nation. Candidates can check the GPAT 2020 Exam centers below.
|SRINAGAR (J & K)||PUNE|
|AURANGABAD (MAHARASHTRA)||HYDERABAD/SECUNDERABAD/RAN GA REDDY|
New in exam center allocation: In GPAT 2020, the candidates can select one exam city of their choice right after the payment of the application fee. The application process remains incomplete if this is not done. The exam center is allotted as per the preference of the candidates.
GPAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The candidates can check below the exam pattern of GPAT 2020. The exam pattern helps the candidates to know the exam day question paper format beforehand:
- Number of Questions: Total Number of questions in the exam is 125.
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- Duration of the exam: The total duration of the exam is 3 hours (180 minutes).
- Medium of exam: English only
The marking scheme can be checked from the table below:
The questions paper have questions from Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacognosy and other related subjects of Pharmacy.
GPAT 2020 Exam Day Instructions
On the exam day, the candidates have to follow certain rules and times. The same is available below:
- The candidates shall report at the Examination Centre two hours before the commencement of the examination to complete the frisking and registration formalities well before the time.
- Registration desk closes 60 minutes prior to the examination.
- The candidate must show, on-demand, the Admit Card downloaded/printed from the NTA’s website for entry in the examination room/hall.
- A candidate who does not possess the valid Admit Card shall not be permitted for the examination under any circumstances.
- A seat indicating roll number is allocated to each candidate. Candidates should find and sit on their allocated seats only. Any candidate found to have changed room/hall or the seat on his/her own other than allotted, his/her candidature shall be canceled.
- For those who are unable to appear on the scheduled date of tests for any reason, the NTA shall not be responsible for the conduct of re-test, under any circumstance.
GPAT 2020 Application Form
The notice for extend of GPAT 2020 application form released on gpat.nta.nic.in. Candidates can check it from below.
The application form GPAT 2020 released on the official website, gpat.nta.nic.in. Candidates can only apply online, by following the steps below:
How to Apply for GPAT 2020?
- Register Online:
First of all, click on the link above and register by entering following details:
– Mother’s Name
– Father’s Name
– Date of Birth
– Identification Type and Number
– Mobile Number, etc.
- Login and Fill Details
After registering online, candidates get application id. With the help of id and the password, candidates can login and fill details in the GPAT 2020 application form.
- Upload Image
Next, the candidates need to upload scanned images of the photograph and signature. It is to be uploaded as per following specification:
– Photograph and signature must be scanned in JPG/JPEG format.
– Photograph is to be scanned between 10 kb to 200 kb.
– Signature is to be scanned between 04 kb to 30 kb.
– The photograph should be coloured or black/white (but clear contrast).
- Pay application Fee
Lastly, the candidates have to pay application fee for the exam.
- Select the exam city
After payment the candidates can select the exam city from the dropdown menu. Only one exam city can be selected. The exam center is alloted to the candidates in the city they choose.
GPAT 2020 Application Fee: Candidates can pay fee via Net Banking or Debit Card or Credit Card or UPI or Paytm Services. The amount of CMAT exam fee is as follows:
|Male General / EWS / OBC-NCL||Rs. 1600|
|Male SC / ST / PwD||Rs. 800|
|Females of All Category / Transgender||Rs. 800|
– What’s New in GPAT 2020? –
– Earlier, NTA announced that the exam date for GPAT 2020 is January 24, 2020. However, as per the information brochure the exam date of January 28, 2020.
– The application fee of GPAT for General candidates has increased by Rs. 200 and for reserved category it has increased by Rs. 100. Now the fee amount of Rs. 1600 and Rs. 800, respectively.
Center for GPAT 2020 Examination
The applicants will select the City for examination after submitting exam fees on a first-come-first-served basis. Nonetheless, the applicant should check the seat availability before submitting the fees. It may be noted that if the last few seats in a city are open, they may be taken up by the time the payment formalities are completed. The applicants can choose any available city that will be allocated to the applicant immediately after payment of application fee.
The city of examination once chosen and allotted cannot be changed and any request in this
regard will not be entertained. NTA will allocate the examination centre in the chosen city, which will be displayed in the admit card.
GPAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The GPAT 2020 eligibility criteria is important to note, as at the time of admission and as per the date candidates provide via their application form, admission is granted in M.Pharma courses. Check the eligibility criteria of GPAT 2020 below:
- A bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy is mandatory
- There is no minimum percentage of marks required
Duration of graduation course:
- Candidates must have completed 4 years of graduation after 10+2
- Lateral entry candidates must also complete 4 years of graduation after 10+2
There is no age limit to apply for GPAT.
The candidate must be a citizen of India.
GPAT 2020 Syllabus
National Testing Agency has defined the below-given syllabus. The candidates can check the important topics in the syllabus here and download the entire syllabus using the direct link below:
- Physical chemistry
- Physical pharmacy
- Organic chemistry
- Pharmaceutical chemistry
- Pharmaceutical inorganic chemistry
- Medical chemistry
- Pharmaceutical analysis
- Biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics
- Clinical pharmacy and therapeutics
- Human anatomy and physiology
- Pharmaceutical engineering
- Pharmaceutical management
- Pharmaceutical jurisprudence
- Dispensing and hospital pharmacy
To check the entire syllabus click here.
NTA Recommended Book for GPAT 2020
National Testing Agency (NTA) has recommended the following books for CMAT 2020 Preparation:
For Pharmaceutics and related subjects:
|Book name||Link to buy|
|Pharmaceutics: Drug Delivery and Targeting, By Yvonne Perrie, Thomas|
Rades, Pharmaceutical Press
|Introduction to the Pharmaceutical Sciences, By Nita K. Pandit||Buy now|
|Aulton’s Pharmaceutics: The Design and Manufacture of Medicines||Buy now|
|Remington: Essentials of Pharmaceutics||Buy now|
|Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Drug Delivery, Second Edition||Buy now|
For Pharmaceutical Chemistry/Medicinal Chemistry:
|Book name||Link to buy|
|Organic Chemistry – Morrison & Boyd||Buy now|
|Organic Chemistry – I.L. Finar||Buy now|
|Wilson and Giswolds Text Book of Organic, Medicinal & Pharmaeutical|
|Foye’s Principle of medicinal Chemistry||Buy now|
|Stereochemistry Conformation and mechanism by P.S. Kalsi||Buy now|
GPAT 2020 Preparation Tips
To crack the national level pharma exam the candidates need to have some useful tips up their sleeves and thus here are some important tips for all the aspiring candidates
Preparation Books: Candidates are advised to buy and read those books that have an easy to understand language for you. (check the list of books recommended by NTA). The selection of right books for for preparation is very crucial part.
Strategy: Preparing for the exam with an effective strategy helps a lot. Students must distribute the time for all the subjects. Students should begin with the difficult topics first and then go for the easy topics. Approach the exam preparation with a calm and analytical mind
Syllabus for GPAT 2020: Before starting the prepration of GPAT 2020, Candiadtes must understand the depth of Syllabus of GPAT 2020. The students should be aware of the weightage that each topics carries.
GPAT 2020 Answer Key
A few days after the GPAT 2020 exam is complete, NTA displays the answer key over the official website. To check the answer key the candidates have to log in using their application number and password/date of birth. The answer key of GPAT 2020 has all the correct answers to all the questions asked in the exam. The candidates can crosscheck the to get an estimate of their scores in the exam even before the declaration of the GPAT result. The answer keys are also open for challenge.
The challenge fee is Rs. 100 per challenge. The fee is to be paid online using credit/debit card/Net banking. After considering the challenges, if there are any changes in the key, then the final answer key is released that cannot be challenged any further.
The formula to be used for calculating score is 4 X (no. of correct answers) – 1 X (no. of wrong answers)
However, on the day of the exam after the completion of the test, unofficial and memory-based answer keys are released. The source of such answer keys are the students who took the exam, the subject matter experts, news blogs etc.
A brief look at the type of answer keys of GPAT 2020:
|Type||Released by||Released when|
|Memory based keys||students, experts, news blogs etc||just after the exam is over|
|Official answer key||NTA||few days after the exam|
|Final answer key||NTA||after scrutinising the challenges|
GPAT 2020 Result
The candidates have to check the score of the GPAT 2020 exam online. No scorecard is sent to the candidates individually. To check the result the candidates have to access their login. The scorecard of GPAT 2020 is made available under the login that the candidates have to download and keep safe until the admission process is over.
There is no provision for re-evaluation/re-checking of the GPAT 2020 score. The result of GPAT is based on the final answer key. The actual/raw scores of the candidates are used for the computation of the GPAT result.
GPAT 2020 Merit List:
National Testing Agency announces the All India Merit list based on the Total Marks obtained by the candidates in Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) 2020. The list is declared with the result on the website of GPAT in PDF format. The candidates who qualify the minimum cutoff marks are only given place in the GPAT 2020 merit list. The merit list has the below-given details:
- Roll number
- NTA score (The NTA Score or the Percentile indicates the percentage of candidates that have scored eual to or below you)
- Status – qualified/unqualified
– GPAT score is valid for Three years from the date of announcement of the result for admission in PG programme and for the purpose of applying for scholarship in M. Pharma course.
– The validity of the GPAT score card shall be for three years so that even after completing M. Pharma degree, if someone is interested in getting registered for Ph. D. degree and availing National Doctoral Scholarship, the same score is applicable.
GPAT 2020 Cut off marks:
The cutoff marks are declared with the release of the merit list and the same varies for all categories. the cutoff marks of GPAT from last year is given below for reference:
|Category||Cutoff marks in 2019|
|Other Backward Class (OBC-NCL)||117|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||95|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||74|
GPAT 2020 Reservation
In case of institutes run by Central Government, the rervation of seats among the various categories is as follows:
Note: Each category also has 5% horizontal reservations for Persons with Disabilities (PwD)
Admission Based on GPAT 2020 Scores
The candidates who qualify the GPAT 2020 scores have to apply to the individual participating institutes of GPAT 2020. Around 800 colleges accept GPAT scores for admission in M.Pharm courses. There is no centralized counselling after GPAT 2020 result. It is the responsibility of the candidates to check the websites of the individual colleges of admission and apply for them with their GPAT scores.
The top 10 GPAT participating colleges are:
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali
- Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, New Delhi
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh
- Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology, Hisar
- Punjabi University, Patiala
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- University College of Pharmaceutical Science, Kakatiya University, Warangal
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hyderabad
National Testing Agency
National Testing Agency, is a premier, specialist, autonomous and self-sustained testing body. It came in into existence on July 07, 2018, when Prakash Javadekar confirmed the formation of NTA. With its inception, it took over all the national level entrance exams that CBSE used to hold. And now NTA is responsible for conducting all the major entrance exams of the nation at the national level for admission in various courses. The major entrance exams that NTA hold are:
- JEE Main
- UGC NET
- CSIR NET
- ICAR AIEEA UG and PG
- IIFT MBA
Official GPAT 2020 Notice and Information Brochure
NTA released CMAT 2020 notice and brochure together on new website of GPAT, which is gpat.nta.nic.in. You can check it from the link below.
GPAT 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : GPAT, an abbreviation for Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Before 2019, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) used to conducted GPAT.
Ans : GPAT official website is ntagpat.nic.in. Candidate will get every update about the exam on the official website itself.
Ans : No. GPAT is conducted only once a year.
Ans : Candidate gets admission in M.Pharma, offered by more than 800+ AICTE approved Universities, institutions, and colleges.
Ans : GPAT 2020 is a computer-based examination. Here, a candidate reads a question on a computer terminal and clicks on the correct answer on the computer screen.
Ans : There is no age limit/restriction of age to apply for GPAT.
Ans : Candidate must have completed or is in the last year of the bachelor's degree in Pharmacy.
Ans : No. A candidate will have to take the test on a pre-assigned computer at the test venue.
Ans : There is a deduction of 1 mark for every incorrect answer in GPAT 2020.
Ans : Approximately, A total of 4119 candidates qualified for GPAT 2019.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.