Indira Gandhi Open University (IGNOU) has emerged as the largest Open University in the World. The University offers both short-term and long-term programmes of Certificates, Diplomas, Advance Diploma, Associates Degree, and Degrees. IGNOU as an umbrella body that covers various schools, the School of Education is one of it.
The functions of the School of Education under IGNOU are within the broad framework of the objectives of IGNOU. The school offers a variety of courses and Bachelors of Education (B.Ed) is one of them. In this article, we will cover all the information about admission in IGNOU B.Ed 2019, the application process, eligibility, important dates, result, admit card and other important areas of IGNOU B.Ed 2019 admission process.
IGNOU B.Ed 2019
Admission shall be done on the basis of the score obtained in the entrance test conducted by IGNOU on an all over India basis. To appear in the test the candidates will have to fulfill certain eligibility criteria and fill up the application form. The expected dates of the admission process of IGNOU B.Ed 2019 is given in the table below:
|IGNOU B.Ed 2019||Dates|
|Availability of the application form||Last week of Jun 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form||2nd week of Aug 2018|
|Issuance of Admit Card||3rd week of Sep 2018|
|IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Entrance Test||Last week of Sep 2018|
Candidates must take notice that the official dates of the IGNOU B.Ed 2019 admission process will be announced via advertisement. As soon as it is announced the dates will be updated on this page.
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Course Details
The minimum duration of the programme is two years. However, the maximum period allowed for completion of the programme is five years. The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) programme will be offered in both English and Hindi medium.
The approx programme fee of IGNOU B.Ed 2019 is Rs. 50,000/- for the entire programme.
The IGNOU B.Ed 2019 programme will be a mix of theory and practical courses to facilitate student-teachers in acquiring skills and competencies necessary for teaching-learning at secondary/senior secondary level. The table below shows the entire programme structure:
|Core Course||16 Credits|
|Content-based Methodology Courses
|Workshop – I||04 Credits|
|EPC I and II||04 Credits|
|Internship – I||04 Credits|
|Core Course||12 Credits|
|Optional Courses||04 Credits|
|Workshop – II||04 Credits|
|EPC III and IV||04 Credits|
|Internship – II||12 Credits|
A Student has to score 72 credits for the successful completion of the IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Programme.
IGNOU B.Ed. 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates willing to take admission in IGNOU B.Ed 2019 must take care of their eligibility before filling up the application form. If you find yourself eligible then you can apply for the IGNOU B.Ed 2019 admission test that will be held by IGNOU on an all India basis.
Here are the Eligibility Criteria listed below:
- You must have at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity.
- If you have a minimum of 55% marks in Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics or any other equivalent qualification you can apply for IGNOU B.Ed 2019.
Candidates who are applying for B.Ed(ODL) in Open Distance Learning, must also fulfill the below criteria,
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
- A complete NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face to face mode.
- Only those candidates whose results are declared and are qualified at the time of submitting the entrance cum application form are eligible.
- Candidates having Masters’ Degree but if they are not awarded a first class, cannot apply for admission in IGNOU B.Ed 2019.
- If you are not fulfilling minimum eligibility at the time of submitting the application form, even though you have appeared and qualified the entrance test, you will be considered ineligible.
Relaxation of eligibility:
- 5% marks will be relaxed in minimum eligibility to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PWD candidates as per the rules of the Central Government.
- There will be reservations provided to the Kashmiri Migrants and the War Widows as per the University Rules.
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Application Process
As mentioned above, you must apply for IGNOU B.Ed 2019 entrance test that will be conducted by IGNOU on an all India basis. You must fill up the application cum entrance form for this purpose. Once the official notice is released regarding the availability of the form, the details will be updated on this page and a direct link to access the form will also be made available.
Steps to complete the application process:
- Click the link that will be provided on this page to access the application form or visit the official website ignou.ac.in.
- Download the form.
- Fill all the details carefully on the form.
- Attach all the required documents with the form. The documents must be self-attested.
- Send or submit the application form at the concerned regional centers.
Mode of Application: Offline (approx)
Application fee: Rs. 1000/- if submitted in person, Rs. 1050/- if sent by post. (approx)
Mode of Payment: Demand Draft or In person on the Office Counter in University
Copy of self-attested Documents to be submitted with the application form:
- Copy of Documents of Education Qualification.
Copy of Documents of Professional qualification (i.e. completion of NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode).
- Copy of documents underemployment certificate.
- Affidavit by Parent/Guardian.
- Affidavit by the student.
- Duly filled Registration form for Fee exemption of SC/ST Students under SCSP and TSP.
- Duly filled Form of the Caste Certificate belonging to OBS (Non-Creamy Layer) Categories.
- Duly filled Form of the Caste Certificate belonging to SC/ST Categories.
The forms mentioned above will be available in the IGNOU B.Ed 2019 admission prospectus.
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Admit Card / Hall Tickets
Admit card of IGNOU B.Ed 2019 entrance exam will be available online at the official website, www.ignou.ac.in. Candidates must keep a track of the availability of the admit card on the official website or they can keep a track it on this page
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Entrance Exam Pattern
The IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Entrance exam will follow the following pattern of question paper:
- The test paper will consist of two parts A and B.
- The total number of test questions will be 100 of 1 mark each.
- Maximum Marks allotted to the test is 100.
- Duration of the examination will be 2 hours.will be available both in Hindi and English.
|Part||Aspects||No. Of questions||Marks|
|General English Comprehension
Logical & Analytical Reasoning
Educational & General Awareness
Teaching-Learning & the School
|Section 5||Subject Competence (any one)
- Any one subject is to be attempted from Part-B.
- The test questions of Part-B i.e. Subject Competence will be based on the curriculum of IX/X classes prescribed by the NCERT/CBSE.
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Result
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 result card will be sent to the all the candidates who have participated in the entrance test by post. You will receive a result card that will contain your qualifying status. In case any candidate does not receive the Result Card, he may approach the Regional Director, IGNOU of his Region. Those who have qualifying status will have to submit their programme fee by means of Demand Draft drawn in favour of IGNOU, payable at the city where Regional Centre is situated. The result is expected to be available with IGNOU Regional Centre within 5 weeks from the date of examination.
Official Website: www.ignou.ac.in