Indira Gandhi Open University (IGNOU) has emerged as the largest Open University in the World. The University offers both short-term and long-term programmes of Certificates, Diplomas, Advance Diploma, Associates Degree, and Degrees. IGNOU as an umbrella body that covers various schools, the School of Education is one of it.
The Result of IGNOU B.Ed 2019 is available now. Candidates can check the same from the “Result” page. The functions of the School of Education under IGNOU are within the broad framework of the objectives of IGNOU. The school offers a variety of courses and Bachelors of Education (B.Ed) is one of them. In this article, we will cover all the information about admission in IGNOU B.Ed 2019, the application process, eligibility, important dates, result, admit card and other important areas of IGNOU B.Ed 2019 admission process.
IGNOU B.Ed 2019
Admission shall be done on the basis of the score obtained in the entrance test conducted by IGNOU on an all over India basis. To appear in the test the candidates had to fulfill certain eligibility criteria and fill up the application form. The dates of the admission process of IGNOU B.Ed 2019 is given in the table below:
|IGNOU B.Ed 2019||Dates|
|Last date to submit the application form|
|Issuance of Admit Card||10 Dec 2018|
|IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Entrance Test||December 2018|
|IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Result||12 Feb 2019|
Candidates must take notice that the official dates of the IGNOU B.Ed 2019 admission process will be announced via advertisement. As soon as it is announced the dates will be updated on this page.
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Course Details
The minimum duration of the programme is two years. However, the maximum period allowed for completion of the programme is five years. The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) programme will be offered in both English and Hindi medium.
The programme fee of IGNOU B.Ed 2019 is Rs. 50,000/- for the entire programme.
The IGNOU B.Ed 2019 programme will be a mix of theory and practical courses to facilitate student-teachers in acquiring skills and competencies necessary for teaching-learning at secondary/senior secondary level. The table below shows the entire programme structure:
|Core Course||16 Credits|
|Content-based Methodology Courses
|Workshop – I||04 Credits|
|EPC I and II||04 Credits|
|Internship – I||04 Credits|
|Core Course||12 Credits|
|Optional Courses||04 Credits|
|Workshop – II||04 Credits|
|EPC III and IV||04 Credits|
|Internship – II||12 Credits|
A Student has to score 72 credits for the successful completion of the IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Programme.
IGNOU B.Ed. 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates willing to take admission in IGNOU B.Ed 2019 must take care of their eligibility before filling up the application form. If you find yourself eligible then you can apply for the IGNOU B.Ed 2019 admission test that will be held by IGNOU on an all India basis.
Here are the Eligibility Criteria listed below:
- You must have at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity.
- If you have a minimum of 55% marks in Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics or any other equivalent qualification you can apply for IGNOU B.Ed 2019.
Candidates who are applying for B.Ed (ODL) in Open Distance Learning, must also fulfill the below criteria,
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
- A complete NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face to face mode.
- Only those candidates whose results are declared and are qualified at the time of submitting the entrance cum application form are eligible.
- Candidates having Masters’ Degree but if they are not awarded a first class, cannot apply for admission in IGNOU B.Ed 2019.
- If you are not fulfilling minimum eligibility at the time of submitting the application form, even though you have appeared and qualified the entrance test, you will be considered ineligible.
Relaxation of eligibility:
- 5% marks will be relaxed in minimum eligibility to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PWD candidates as per the rules of the Central Government.
- There will be reservations provided to the Kashmiri Migrants and the War Widows as per the University Rules.
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Application Process
As mentioned above, you must apply for IGNOU B.Ed 2019 entrance test that will be conducted by IGNOU on an all India basis. You must fill up the application cum entrance form for this purpose. Official notice has been released regarding the availability of the form, the details regarding application form has been updated on this page and a direct link to access the form is also available.
Steps to complete the application process:
- Click the link which is provided on application form page given in quick links above to access the application form or visit the official website ignou.ac.in.
- Open the online application form.
- Fill all the details carefully on the form.
- Attach all the required documents with the form. The documents must be self-attested.
- Send or submit the application form at the concerned regional centers.
Mode of Application: Online
Application fee: Rs. 1000/-
Mode of Payment: Credit Card / Debit Card / Net banking
Scanned copies of documents to be submitted with the application form:
- Evidences (marks sheets / certificates) of educational qualification(s)
- NCTE recognized professional qualification
- Category certificate (if applicable)
The forms mentioned above will be available in the IGNOU B.Ed 2019 admission prospectus.
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Admit Card / Hall Tickets
The Admit card of IGNOU B.Ed 2019 entrance exam is available now online at the official website, www.ignou.ac.in. Interested candidates can download the admit card from direct link which is provided on the admit card page.
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Entrance Exam Pattern
The IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Entrance exam will follow the following pattern of question paper:
- The test paper will consist of two parts A and B.
- The total number of test questions will be 100 of 1 mark each.
- Maximum Marks allotted to the test is 100.
- Duration of the examination will be 2 hours.will be available both in Hindi and English.
|Part||Aspects||No. Of questions||Marks|
|General English Comprehension
Logical & Analytical Reasoning
Educational & General Awareness
Teaching-Learning & the School
|Section 5||Subject Competence (any one)
- Any one subject is to be attempted from Part-B.
- The test questions of Part-B i.e. Subject Competence will be based on the curriculum of IX/X classes prescribed by the NCERT/CBSE.
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Result
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 result card will be sent to the all the candidates who have participated in the entrance test by post. You will receive a result card that will contain your qualifying status. In case any candidate does not receive the Result Card, he may approach the Regional Director, IGNOU of his Region. Those who have qualifying status will have to submit their programme fee by means of Demand Draft drawn in favour of IGNOU, payable at the city where Regional Centre is situated. The result has been made available on the official website with IGNOU Regional Centre within 5 weeks from the date of examination.
Q.1: Is it compulsory to register myself before submitting an Application Form online?
Ans. Yes, it is compulsory to register with our Online System onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/entrancebed/ before you can submit your Application Form online.
Q.2: If the power/internet connection fails during the application process, what should I do?
Ans. Since the data is saved at the end of every stage with the ‘Save’ button, your data is automatically saved till the previous stage. If you are at a particular stage and the system is interrupted due to power failure or loss of connectivity, then your current stage data will not be saved. Please log in again using your ID and password and complete the form submission process from the stage where the system got interrupted.
Q.3: What kinds of Credit/Debit cards are accepted for payment of the Application Fee? Is the Internet banking facility also available?
Ans. The Visa and Master Cards are accepted for payment of Application Fee. Application Fee can also be paid through Net Banking.
Q.4: Payment has been deducted from Credit Card/Debit Card/ my account but I have not received any confirmation. What should I do?
Ans. If the payment has been deducted but you did not get acknowledgment for the same, please email the transaction details including your name, programme opted, mobile number etc. to the Online Application Support Team at ‘[email protected]’.
Q.5: Is it mandatory to upload/attach a photograph and signature while submitting the form online?
Ans. Yes, it is mandatory to upload the photograph and signature of the desired size.
Q.6: What are the documents to be uploaded for Entrance Test?
Ans. You have to upload scanned images of Educational Qualification, Professional Qualification, Caste/Disability Certificate (if applicable), etc.
For more information about B.Ed Entrance Exam 2019 Download the Information Prospectus.
Official Website: www.ignou.ac.in.