JAM 2020 Syllabus for Physics (PH) – on this page JAM syllabus for Physics (PH) is available in PDF format. candidates who have selected physics paper for JAM 2020 exam can download the PDF file of the syllabus from below. Syllabus of JAM 2020 physics (PH) has 7 topics in all. Out of all the 6 papers conducted in JAM 2020, physics is one. Joint Admission Test for M.Sc is held annually for admission in M.Sc., joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. dual degree, and other post-bachelor degree programmes offered by the IITs. Get the full JAM 2020 Syllabus for Physics (PH) from this page.
JAM 2020 Syllabus for Physics (PH)
The conducting IIT of JAM prescribes a particular set of syllabus for JAM and is different for all the 6 papers. Thus, the aspirants must download the syllabus of their respective subject and prepare as per it. The syllabus of Physics (PH) can be downloaded from the link below.
Recommended Books for JAM 2020 Physics (PH)
Check below some of the most recommended books for JAM 2020 PH paper:
|IIT-JAM: M.Sc. (Physics) Previous Papers &|
Practice Test Papers (Solved)
|Get the book|
|Solved Papers & Practice Sets IIT JAM – Physics||Get the book|
|Intro to quantum mechanics||Get the book|
|Statistical Physics||Get the book|
For a more extensive list of books, refer: Books to prepare for IIT JAM Physics (PH) Exam – Complete List
JAM 2020 Physics (PH) Exam Pattern
Candidates can check below the exam pattern for JAM 2020.
- Mode: The test is a computer based test
- Number of questions: The total number of questions asked are 60
- Time Duration: Total time given to complete the paper is 3 hours
- Maximum Marks: The total paper is of 100 marks
- Type of questions: The paper has 3 type of questions – MCQs, MSQs and NATs
The distribution of marks and question in the paper is given below:
|Section||Type of questions||Number of Ques and marks|
|Section -A||30 Multiple Choice Questions||10 ques of 1 marks|
20 ques of 2 marks
|Section -B||10 Multiple Select Questions||10 ques of 2 marks|
|Section -C||20 Numerical Answer Type||10 ques of 1 marks|
10 ques of 2 marks
|Total||60 questions||100 marks|
- Multiple choice questions: Questions with 4 choices out of which only one choice is the correct answer.
- Multiple Select Questions: Questions that have one or more than one correct choice out of the four given choices.
- Numerical Answer Type: Questions the answer to which is a signed real number, and is to be entered using the virtual keypad available on the system screen.
For clear understanding of the exam pattern, download JAM previous years question papers
Preparation for JAM 2020 Physics (PH)
The syllabus of Physiocs can be effectively completed using the tips below:
The syllabus of Physics can be effectively completed using the tips below:
- First, choose the easy topics and complete it
- Read the books and make short notes from each of the topics to remember what you are reading.
- Analyse the question pattern and figure out the important topics of the syllabus and revise them side by side
- Do not try to just mug up, understand the topics.
- Divide the time among the topics wisely so that the whole syllabus is completed on time
- Check how many months are left for the preparation and how much time the syllabus demands and speed up your pace.
About JAM 2020
The exam is conducted for 6 subjects in online mode but the candidate can appear for either one for 2 subjects. The paper will be divided into 3 sections A, B and C and all 3 sections are compulsory to attend. Joint Admission Test (JAM) is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and IISc on a rotational basis. It is held for admission in the IITs in courses like M.Sc. (4 semesters), joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. dual degree, etc.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.