|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||25 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
MAH MCA CET 2017 is the Common Entrance Test for MCA admissions in Maharashtra. For admission to state government approved First Year / Second Year of three year full time Post Graduate Degree course in Master of Computer Applications (MCA) for the academic year 2017-18, DTE Maharashtra will be conducted the MAH MCA CET 2017 in the month of March. Complete details of MAH MCA CET 2017 such as application form, admit card, cut offs, important dates, eligibility, exam pattern, result and merit list, is given here.
MAH MCA CET 2017 Provisional Allotment Status, Institute wise Allotment & Cut offs of CAP Round 3 have been published. Check the same through the links below.
MAH MCA CET 2017
Maharashtra MCA CET 2017 will be held on 19 Mar 2017. Admission will be done for First Year / Direct Second Year (Separate Division & Lateral Entry) of Three year full time Post Graduate Degree course in Master of Computer Applications (MCA) courses in the Maharashtra State.
The admissions to the following institutes will be based on the score of CET , provided they are approved & recognized by Government of Maharashtra and are affiliated to any of the Non- Agricultural University in Maharashtra State.
- All Government Institutes offering MCA course
- All Government Aided Institutes offering MCA Course
- All University Departments offering MCA course
- University Managed Institutes offering MCA course
- All Un-Aided MCA Institutes covered as per the Act
Schedule for the MAH MCA CET 2017 is given below.
|Application form for MAH MCA CET 2017 registration to be available online||06 Feb 2017|
|Last date for online registration||28 Feb 2017|
|Closure for editing application details||28 Feb 2017|
|Last date for printing your application||15 Mar 2017|
|Online Fee Payment||06 to 28 Feb 2017|
|Date of availability of MAH MCA CET Admit Card 2017||08 Mar 2017|
|Date of the Online MAH MCA CET 2017||19 Mar 2017|
|Declaration of the result of the MAH MCA CET 2017|
CAP 2017 Schedule
CAP 2017 Allotment
DTE Maharashtra has released Provisional CAP Round 3 & Institute wise Allotment on the website. Candidates can check the allotment status from the official website by entering their Application ID & Date of Birth. Link to check Allotment has also been provided below for sake of candidates.
- To check Provisional CAP Round 3 Allotment status – Click here
- To check Institute wise Allotment list – Click here
- To check Provisional Vacancy Position of CAP Round III – Click here
MAH MCA CET 2017 Document Verification
MAH MCA CET 2017 Application Form
Before filling up the form, candidate must satisfy that he / she fulfills all the eligibility conditions. Thereafter, the application form of Maharashtra Common Entrance Test for MCA can be submitted online at www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in in the given window.
- Register and fill in details such as name, date of birth, contact details, education and study background.
- Pay the application fee, applicable to respective category.
- Complete the form and submit.
Only after all the necessary fields have been filled in the form, and fee paid, is the MAH MCA CET Application Form successfully submitted.
MAH MCA CET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate should be an Indian National.
- Passed minimum three year duration Bachelors Degree awarded by University recognised by University Grants Commission or Association of Indian Universities in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent (at least 45% in case of candidates of backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only);
- Studied Mathematics as one of the subjects at (10+2) level or at Graduate level examination.
- For Direct second year admissions, the candidate should have passed Bachelor Degree in Computer Applications or Science (Information Technology or Computer Science). (Candidates appearing for final year of qualifying examination are also eligible to appear for CET).
- Aggregate marks means the grand total of marks obtained by the candidate in subjects based on which the class declaration is made in the particular University from which the candidate is passing the qualifying examination.
- In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the University/institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree.
- The percentage of marks shall be calculated by rounding off to two places after decimal.
- The candidates belonging to SC, VJ/DT (NT (A)), NT (B), NT(C), NT (D), OBC and SBC categories should produce “Caste Validity Certificate” issued by Scrutiny Committee of Social Welfare Department and the Candidate belonging to ST category should submit “Tribe Validity Certificate” issued by Scrutiny Committee of Tribal Department and valid Non Creamy Layer certificate except SC, ST candidates at the time of verification of documents.
MAH MCA CET 2017 Admit Card
Based on the information filled in online application form, hall tickets has been issued to all the candidates. Each candidate who has submitted the application form of MAH CET 2017 shall have to login and download MAH CET MCA admit card 2017 from www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in as per schedule given above.
Intimation for downloading Hall Ticket will also be sent through email/SMS. Once the candidate clicks the relevant link, he/she can access the window for Hall Ticket download. The candidate is required to use (i) Registration Number/Roll Number, (ii) Password/Date of Birth for downloading the Hall Ticket. Candidate needs to affix recent recognizable photograph on the Hall Ticket preferably the same as provided during registration and appear at the examination centre with (i) Hall Ticket (ii) Photo Identity Proof as stipulated below and also specified in the Hall Ticket and Photo Identity Proof as brought in original.
MAH MCA CET 2017 will be conducted in the selected cities in Maharashtra & outside Maharashtra State. The cities in which MAH-MCA-CET 2017 will be conducted are designated as “Centre” for the CET.
The Online CET would be comprised of two online papers viz. General Aptitude (GA) and Computer Concepts (CC) of 100 marks each, with composite time of 90 minutes duration. Each paper shall have 25 questions.
The test will comprise of multiple choice objective type questions (Four options).
|Topics||No. of Questions||Mark/s per Question||Max. Marks|
|Computer Concepts: Computer Basics, Data Representation, Computer Architecture, Computer Language, Operating Systm Basics||25||04||100|
There is negative marking Systme for this CET. Each correct answer will carry 4 marks. Each wrong answer will carry 1 negative mark. Unanswered questions will carry zero marks.
Test Duration : 90 Minutes
Medium of CET : English
Mode of Examination : Online
Each centre may have many “Venues” depending upon the number of candidates appearing at that centre.
MAH MCA CET 2017 Result and Merit List
Result of MAH MCA CET 2017 has been declared by DTE at www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in. To check MAH MCA CET Result, candidate must retain the application number, which is required to log in to www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in.
The main objective of this paper is to assess the general aptitude of the candidate to pursue a computer applications and software profession.
The questions in this paper will cover: logical reasoning. quantitative reasoning, high school mathematics, vocabulary, English comprehension and verbal ability. A good grasp of the following topics of high school mathematics (up to the 12th standard) will be useful:
- Algebra : Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, factorization, Quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations.
- Co-ordinate Geometry : RRectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, equations of a line, mid point, intersections etc., equations of a circle, distance formulae, pair of straight lines, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling.
- Differential Equations: Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities. trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse function.
- Probability and Statistics : Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, skewness and kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, Binomial, Poisson, normal distributions, curve fitting, and principle of least squares, correlation and regression.
- Arithmetic: Ratios and proportions, problems on time-work, distance-speed, percentage, etc.
- Basic Set Theory and Functions: Set, relations and mappings.
- Mensuration : areas, triangles and quadrilaterals, area and circumference of circles, volumes and surface areas of simple solids such as cubes, spheres, cylinders and cones.
- Computer Basics : Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back-up devices.
- Data Representation : Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic : Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, signed arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, normalized floating point representation, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
- Computer Architecture: Block structure of computers, communication between processor and I/O devices, interrupts.
- Computer Language: Assembly language and high level language, Multi-programming and time sharing operating systems, Computer Programming in C.
- Operating System basics: Multi-programming and time-sharing operating systems.
For more details of MAH MCA CET 2017 – Download Information Brochure.