MAH MCA CET 2020 – State Common Entrance Test (CET) Cell, Maharastra State has changed the exam date of MAH MCA CET 2020 to April 30, 2020. The detailed revised schedule will be updated soon. Maharastra MCA CET is held online in which candidates have to solve 100 MCQ of two marks each in 90 minutes. Candidates must possess a bachelors degree with a minimum of 50% marks and fulfil other eligibility criteria to apply for the test. Scroll down to check in detail about the syllabus, eligibility criteria, application form process, pattern, counselling and so on from this page.
Latest: MAH MCA CET 2020 exam date changed, check the new dates below. Admit card download has been delayed.
MAH MCA CET 2020
Candidates are given admission in the first year/direct second year in Master of Computer Application in Government / Self-financed / Government affiliated and private colleges in the state of Maharashtra through MCA CET. Candidates can check the MHA MCA CET 2020 schedule from the below-mentioned table.
|Online registration begins from||15 Jan 2020|
|Online application form can be submitted until||22 Feb 2020|
|Issuance of Admit Card|
|Closure of Call letter Download||28 Mar 2020|
|MAH MCA CET 2020 exam date|
|Declaration of Result||15 Apr 2020|
MAH MCA CET 2020 COVID-19 Advisory
MHA MCA CET 2020 Exam Date Changed
As per the latest notice on the website of MAH MCA CET 2020, the exam date has been postponed from March 28, 2020 to April 30, 2020. The official notice reads:
“MAH-MCA-CET 2020 will be rescheduled on 30th April 2020, detailed Circular will be displayed shortly”
Check the notice on the website cetcell.mahacet.org, or in the image below:
Official Notification for MAH MCA CET 2020
Candidates can check official notification for MAH MCA CET 2020 exam date from below.
MAH MCA CET 2020 Admit Card
The admit card for MAH MCA CET 2020 is available online only at https://ibpsonline.ibps.in/cetmcajan20. Intimation for downloading Hall Ticket also be sent through email/SMS. Candidates who have submitted their application form before the last date, now download their admit card by entering the Registration Number/Roll Number and Password/Date of Birth. The admit card contains the basic information about the exam such as date, time and venue of the examination. Along with the admit card, candidates need to bring a valid Photo Identity proof in original on the day of the exam.
Details on the MAH MCA CET 2020 Admit Card
The below-mentioned details shall be provided on the Maharastra MCA CET admit card.
- Candidate’s name
- Roll number
- Exam centre/venue
- Exam date
- Reporting time
- Other important details
MAH MCA CET 2020 Application Form
Candidates have to fill an application form online to appear for MHA MCA CET 2020. Candidates must have a valid email ID and registration number at the time of MCA CET registration. In the application form, personal, educational, contact and other details have to be filled along with attaching the scanned copy of photograph and signature.
How to Fill MCA CET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can fill the MCA CET application form by following the below-mentioned steps.
Step 1: Firstly, candidates should click on the direct link which shall be provided on this page to get directed to the official website.
Step 2: Next, candidates should register online by providing details such as Name, Email ID and Phone Number, and so on. On submission of the following details, candidates shall receive a system-generated Registration Number and Password.
Step 3: Then, log in using registration number and password and fill the main application form by providing personal details, Educational Qualification Details, Communication Details etc.
Step 4: The next step is to upload the photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
Step 5: On completion of the above-mentioned steps, proceed to make payment for the application fee online.
Documents Required to Fill MAH MCA CET 2020 Application Form
Candidates shall keep the following documents at the time of filling the appication form.
- Scanned copy of the photograph and signature as per the specifications
- Email ID
- Phone Number
- Debit Card/ Credit Card for online payment of application fee
- Marksheet and certificate of the qualifying examination
- Marksheet of the Bachelor’s degree
MHA MCA CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should check the MHA MCA CET 2020 eligibility criteria from below before applying for the test.
Nationality: Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate should be an Indian National.
- Candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of reserved category candidates).
- The aspirant should have studied Mathematics at 10+2 or graduation level.
- For Direct second year admissions, the candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Applications or Science (Information Technology or Computer Science).
MAH MCA CET 2020 Syllabus
The questions will cover the following topics of high school mathematics. Candidates can check the MCA CET syllabus from below.
1. Mathematics and Statistics
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, factorization, Quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations.
- Co-ordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, equations of a line, micl point, intersections etc., equations of a circle, distance formulae, a pair of straight lines, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling
- Differential Equations: Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, a solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse function.
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent” events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, skewness and kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, Binomial, Poisson, normal distributions, curve fitting, and the principle of least squares, correlation and regression
- Arithmetic: Ratios and proportions, problems on time-work, distance-speed, percentage, etc.
- Basic Set Theory and Functions: Set, relations and mappings,
- Mensuration: areas, triangles and quadrilaterals, area and circumference of circles, volumes and surface areas of simple solids such as cubes, spheres, cylinders and cones.
2. Computer Concepts
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back-up devices.
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, signed arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, normalized floating point representation, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
- Computer Architecture: Block structure of computers, communication between processor and I/O devices, interrupts.
- Computer Language: Assembly language and high-level language, Computer Programming in C.
- Operating System basics: Multiprogramming and timesharing operating Systems.
3. Logical/Abstract Reasoning
Logical reasoning section will cover logical situations and questions based on the facts given in the passage. The questions in this section shall be designed to check the problem solving capability of the candidate.
4. English comprehension and verbal ability
Questions in this sections shall be designed to test the candidate’s basic understanding of the English language. English section covers questions from Basic English grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, synonyms, antonyms, sentence correction, word & phrases, and jumbled paragraph.
- Click here to download the complete MAH MCA CET 2020 Syllabus.
MAH MCA CET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the exam pattern for MHA MCA Common Entrance Test from below.
- Mode of Examination: MCA CET is a computer-based test i.e it is held online.
- Duration: It is held for 90 minutes (1.5 hours)
- Medium of CET: It is held in English language only.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions are asked in the exam.
- Number of questions: There are a total number of 100 questions in MCA CET.
- Maximum marks: MAH MCA CET is a 200 marks paper in total as each question is of two (2) marks.
- Sections: There are four (4) sections in CET which are Mathematics, Logical / Abstract Reasoning, English comprehension, verbal ability, and Computer Concepts
Candidates can check the distribution of questions from below.
|Section||No of Questions|
|Mathematics & Statistics||30|
|Logical / Abstract Reasoning||30|
|English comprehension andverbal ability||20|
Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, the candidate is allotted two (2) marks whereas 0.5 marks are deducted for each incorrect answer. No mark is given for unanswered questions.
MAH MCA CET 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can check the preparation tips for MCA CET from below.
- MCA CET question paper contains four (4) section in total. For the preparation, candidates should divide the time equally for each section. Candidates are suggested to be an early bird and start the preparation for the exam as soon as possible.
- The standard of the question paper is up to the high school level. For the preparation of the Mathematics section, firstly, candidates should practise the questions from the high school books and then start solving questions from the mock test and previous year question papers.
- For logical reasoning, candidates should refer to the books and practice a different type of questions as this section can offer anything to the candidate in the exam.
- English section is comparatively easy. However, candidates should not ignore it completely and try to score the highest in this section. For its preparation, solve passages and read newspapers, articles and books in English.
- Section of computer concepts needs a candidate’s time and hard work. Candidates should refer to the right books for its preparation.
- Keep making notes since the starting so that revision becomes easy.
Candidates who are appearing for their final examination are also eligible to appear for MHA MCA CET 2020 subject to a proof that they have passed the final exams at the time of admission.
MAH MCA CET 2020 Important Books
Candidates can refer to the below-mentioned books for the preparation of MAH MCA CET 2020.
|Name of the Book||Buy Here|
|MCA-CET MAHARASHTRA||Buy Here|
|A Comprehensive Guide for MCA Entrance Examination||Buy Here|
|A Complete Study Package for MCA Entrances||Buy Here|
MAH MCA CET 2020 Result
After the conduct of MCA CET, State Cell releases the result in the form of a scorecard on the official website. Candidates can check the result by using their registration number/ roll number. After the release of the MCA CET scorecard, a provisional merit list is released in which rank of all the candidates who appeared for the examination is mentioned. After the result, candidates can register for counselling through Centralised Admission Process (CAP). Final merit is thereafter released by the state cell in which name and rank of the shortlisted candidates are mentioned. Only candidates whose names are there in the merit list are eligible for the counselling round.
MAH CET 2020 Counselling
After the declaration of result, counselling round is conducted for the shortlisted candidates. State CET cell conducts the MCA counselling through the Centralised Admission Process (CAP). Qualified candidates have to submit an application form through CAP to register themselves for counselling. Candidates have to give their choice of preference for the college in the counselling form. Candidate’s document verification is done by the authorities in counselling and then candidates are allotted seats as per their choice, rank and availability of seats.
About State Common Entrance Test Cell
Government of Maharashtra has established the State Common Entrance Test Cell (CET CELL) under Admission Regulatory Authority (ARA). CET CELL conducts the MAH CET for admission in various courses. Qualifiers of CET are given admission in colleges or institutes which are approved & recognized by the Government of Maharashtra. CET Cell also releases the result and conduct counselling through Centralised Admission Process (CAP). Its role ends after allotting seats to the candidates.
MAH MCA CET 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : State Common Entrance Test (CET) Cell, Maharastra State conducts MAH MCA CET 2020.
Ans : The official website for Maharastra MCA CET is mahacet.org.
Ans : Candidates should possess a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate plus candidate should have studied Mathematics at 10+2 or graduate level.
Ans : Candidates get admission in Government/Self-financed/Government affiliated and private colleges in the state of Maharashtra through MCA CET.
Ans : Maharastra MCA CET is conducted in online mode.
Ans : Candidates are given two (2) marks for every correct answer and 0.5 marks are deducted for each incorrect answer.
Ans : The exam is held for 90 minutes i.e one and half hour.
Ans : The provisional list mention the name and rank of all the candidates who appeared for the exam. Hence, if your name is there in the list that doesn't confirms your selection.
Official Website: cetcell.mahacet.org
For more details regarding MAH MCA CET 2020, candidates can – Download the Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.