MAH MCA CET 2018 is an online entrance exam conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra. It is a state level entrance exam which is conducted for admission to first or second year (Lateral entry full time postgraduate degree course in computer applications (MCA). The admission will be offered on the basis of MAH MCA CET score. On the basis of the performance in the entrance exam students can get admission in various Government and private colleges in the state of Maharashtra. The application process for MAH MCA CET 2018 will be conducted online only. The application form will be available at website, dtemaharashtra.gov.in. candidates need to register first and fill in other required details in the online application form and make payment for the application. On successfully submitting the application, candidates will be issued admit card, few week before the commencement of examination. The result of entrance exam will also be published online. On the basis of the marks obtained, candidates will be selected for the further admission process. Check more details on MAH MCA CET 2018 from the article below.
MAH MCA CET 2018
The expected schedule for MAH MCA CET 2018 is given in the table below:
|Online registration begins from||1st week of Feb 2018|
|Online application form can be submitted till||Last week of Feb 2018|
|Issuance of Admit Card||2nd week of Mar 2018|
|The admit card will be available for download till||3rd week of Mar 2018|
|MAH MCA CET 2018 exam date||3rd week of Mar 2018|
|Declaration of Result||Last week of Mar 2018|
Candidates who are looking for MAH MCA CET 2018 can check the complete details like application form, admit card, result etc from the ”quick link” box given below.
The candidate should fulfill the following eligibility conditions to apply for the entrance test:
Nationality: The candidate should be an Indian citizen
- Should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline awarded by any recognised University with at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of candidates of backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only).
- The aspirant should have studied Mathematics at 10+2 or graduation.
- For Direct second year admissions, the candidate should possess a Bachelor Degree in Computer Applications or Science (Information Technology or Computer Science).
- Candidate who will be appearing for their final examination are also eligible to appear for CET.
MAH MCA CET 2018 Application Form
- The online application/ registration process shall begin from 1st week of Feb 2018.
- The online application will be available at dtemaharashtra.gov.in.
- Aspirants need to register online and then proceed to fill in other required details in the application form.
- Upload the photograph and signature as per the format.
- Make payment for the application fee through online mode only. Application fee paid through any other mode will not be accepted.
- Submit the application form online
|General Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J&K Migrant candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
|Reserved Category Candidates of Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DT NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] and & Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only||Rs. 800/-|
MAH MCA CET 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for MAH MCA CET 2018 will be available online only. No, admit card will be sent through post. Candidates who have submitted their application form before the last date will be able to download their admit card be entering the Registration Number and Date of Birth. The admit card will contain basic information about the exam such as date, time and venue of the examination. Along with the admit card, candidates need to bring a valid Photo Identity proof in original.
- The test will comprise of multiple choice objective ty12e questions (Four Options)
- There is negative marking system for this CET. Each correct answer will carry 2 marks. Each wrong answer will carrv 0.5 negative marks. Unanswered questions will carry zero marks,
- Test Duration: 90 minutes
- Medium of CET: English
- Mode of Examination – Online
|Topics||Number of question||Marks per question||Maximum Marks||Total Marks|
|Mathematics & Statistics||30||2||60||200|
|Logical I Abstract Reasoning||30||2||60|
|English comprehension and verbal ability||20||2||40|
Mathematics & Statistics:
The questions will cover the following topics of high school mathematics (tip to the 12th standard)
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, factorization, Quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations.
- Co-ordinate Geometry : Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, equations of a line, micl point, intersections etc., equations of a circle, distance formulae, pair of straight lines, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling
- Differential Equations: Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse function.
- Probability and Statistics : Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent” events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, skewness and kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, Binomial, Poisson, normal distributions, curve fitting, and principle of least
squares, correlation and regression
- Arithmetic: Ratios and proportions, problems on time-work, distance-speed, percentage, etc.
- Basic Set Theory and Functions: Set, relations and mappings,
- Mensuration: areas, triangles and quadrilaterals, area and circumference of circles, volumes and surface areas of simple solids such as cubes, spheres, cylinders and cones.
Logical / Abstract Reasoning
This shall include the questions to measures how quickly and logically you can think. This section will cover logical situations and questions based on the facts given in the passage. This test shall check the problem solving capability of the candidate.
English comprehension and verbal ability
Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidate’s general understanding of the English language. There will be questions on the topics such as Basic English grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, synonyms, antonyms, sentence correction, word & phrases, jumbled paragraph.
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back-up devices.
- Data Representation : Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, signed arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, normalized floating point representation, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams,
- Computer Architecture: Block structure of computers, communicetion between processor and I/O devices, interrupts,
- Computer Language: Assembly language and high level language, Computer Programming in C.
- Operating System basics
MAH MCA CET 2018 Result
The result for MAH MCA CET 2018 will be published online at the DTE Maharashtra website. The candidates can check their result by entering the Registration Number and Date of Birth. The result will consist of the marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance examination and percentile. The result shall be announced in the last week of May 2018.
MAH CET 2018 Counselling
After the declaration of result, a merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam out of 200. The candidates who will qualify the entrance exam and will make through the merit list will be allowed to appear for MAH MCA Counselling 2018. The counselling will be conducted in various rounds. The counselling will be expected to be commenced in the month of April or May 2018.
Candidates can also refer the last year Information Brochure of MAH MCA CET.
Official Website for MAH MCA CET 2018 is www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in
Insofar, DTE Maharashtra has only issued the notification regarding Syllabus and marking scheme. Rest all the Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as State Common Entrance Test Cell, Government of Maharashtra releases Mah MCA CET 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.