MAH MCA CET 2018 is a state level entrance examination conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra. The DTE has released the notification for MAH MCA CET 2018. The MAH MCA CET 2018 is scheduled to be held on March 24, 2018, by online mode, The online application form for MAH MCA CET is now available online at the official website of DTE. The aspirants must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying online for the common entrance test. The application process for the exam shall be done completely by online mode. Those who will register successfully for the entrance exam will then be issued Admit Card and can appear for MAH MCA CET 2018. The result of entrance exam will also be published online. Check more details on MAH MCA CET 2018 from the article below.
MAH MCA CET 2018
As per the newspaper reports, last year a total of 13222 candidates registered for the exam out of which 12786 candidates appeared for the MCA CET. The Online applications are invited for CET for admission to First Year / Direct Second Year (Separate Division & Lateral Entry) of Threeyear full time Post Graduate Degree course in Master of Computer Applications (MCA) in the Government, Govt. Aided, University Managed, University Departments and Unaided Institutes in the Maharashtra State. Candidates can check the exam date for MAH MCA CET 2018 from the table below.
|Online registration begins from||07 Feb 2018|
|Online application form can be submitted until||05 Mar 2018|
|Issuance of Admit Card||15 Mar 2018|
|The admit card will be available for download until||24 Mar 2018|
|MAH MCA CET 2018 exam date||24 Mar 2018|
|Declaration of Result||03 Apr 2018|
Candidates who are looking for MAH MCA CET 2018 can check the complete details like application form, admit card, result etc from the ”quick link” box given below.
The mock test for MAH MCA CET 2018 Exam has been released. A mock test is an very important test that gives you experience of a real test situation. The institution that conducts these examination set the paper, correct and analyse your performance, just like a real test. It is very helpful for those students who are preparing for major competitive examinations. Candidates who are going to appear for the examination can click on the below provided link to give the mock test.
Mock Test: Click Here to give the mock test for MAH MCA CET 2018 Exam.
Eligibility Criteria for MAH MCA CET 2018
The candidate should fulfill the following eligibility conditions to apply for the entrance test:
The candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- Should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline awarded by any recognised University with at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of candidates of backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only).
- The aspirant should have studied Mathematics at 10+2 or graduation.
- For Direct second year admissions, the candidate should possess a Bachelor Degree in Computer Applications or Science (Information Technology or Computer Science).
- The candidate who will be appearing for their final examination is also eligible to appear for CET.
Click Here for more details on eligibility rules for MAH MCA CET 2018.
MAH MCA CET 2018 Application Form
The online application/ registration process has been started. The online application is now available at dtemaharashtra.gov.in. Aspirants need to register online and then proceed to fill in other required details in the application form. Upload the photograph and signature as per the format. Make payment for the application fee through online mode only. Application fee paid through any other mode will not be accepted. Before filling the application form, candidates must ensure their eligibility.
Application Fee for MAH MCA CET 2018
|General Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J&K Migrant candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
|Reserved Category Candidates of Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DT NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] and & Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only||Rs. 800/-|
MAH MCA CET 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for MAH MCA CET 2018 will be available online only. No, admit card will be sent through post. Candidates who have submitted their application form before the last date will be able to download their admit card be entering the Registration Number and Date of Birth. The admit card will contain basic information about the exam such as date, time and venue of the examination. Along with the admit card, candidates need to bring a valid Photo Identity proof in original.
- Mode of Examination: Online
- Test Duration: 90 minutes
- Medium of CET: English
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 02 marks will be given.
- Negative Marking: There is a negative marking of 0.5 marks for every incorrect answer.
|Topics||Number of question||Marks per question||Maximum Marks||Total Marks|
|Mathematics & Statistics||30||2||60||200|
|Logical I Abstract Reasoning||30||2||60|
|English comprehension and verbal ability||20||2||40|
MAH MCA CET 2018 Syllabus
Mathematics & Statistics:
The questions will cover the following topics of high school mathematics (tip to the 12th standard)
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, factorization, Quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations.
- Co-ordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, equations of a line, micl point, intersections etc., equations of a circle, distance formulae, pair of straight lines, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling
- Differential Equations: Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse function.
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent” events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, skewness and kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, Binomial, Poisson, normal distributions, curve fitting, and principle of least
squares, correlation and regression
- Arithmetic: Ratios and proportions, problems on time-work, distance-speed, percentage, etc.
- Basic Set Theory and Functions: Set, relations and mappings,
- Mensuration: areas, triangles and quadrilaterals, area and circumference of circles, volumes and surface areas of simple solids such as cubes, spheres, cylinders and cones.
Logical / Abstract Reasoning
This shall include the questions to measures how quickly and logically you can think. This section will cover logical situations and questions based on the facts given in the passage. This test shall check the problem solving capability of the candidate.
English comprehension and verbal ability
Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidate’s general understanding of the English language. There will be questions on the topics such as Basic English grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, synonyms, antonyms, sentence correction, word & phrases, jumbled paragraph.
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back-up devices.
- Data Representation : Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, signed arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, normalized floating point representation, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams,
- Computer Architecture: Block structure of computers, communicetion between processor and I/O devices, interrupts,
- Computer Language: Assembly language and high level language, Computer Programming in C.
- Operating System basics
Click Here to check the Official Notification regarding the MAH MCA CET 2018 Syllabus and Marking Scheme.
MAH MCA CET 2018 Result
The result for MAH MCA CET 2018 will be published online at the DTE Maharashtra website. The candidates can check their result by entering the Registration Number and Date of Birth. The result will consist of the marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance examination and percentile. on the basis of result, counselling process will be done.
MAH CET 2018 Counselling
After the declaration of result, a merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam out of 200. The candidates who will qualify the entrance exam and will make through the merit list will be allowed to appear for MAH MCA Counselling 2018. The counselling will be conducted in various rounds. The counselling will be expected to be commenced in the month of April or May 2018.
Official Website for MAH MCA CET 2018 is www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in.
For more details on MAH MCA CET 2018, download information brochure.