Government of Manipur, Medical Directorate has published a notification for eligible candidates for undergoing General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM) & Female Health Worker (FHW) training courses under Directorate of Health Services and Directorate of Family Welfare Services, Government of Manipur for the academic session 2017-2018. Candidates who are eligible to take admission into GNM Course have to fill the application form on or before the last date. Eligible candidates can check the complete information of Manipur GNM Admission 2017 like application process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, instruction etc through this page below.
- GNM at FHW Training School Churacandpur – 30 seats
- FHW at Training School, Lamphel – 40 seats
- FHW Training School, Imphal – 30 seats
Manipur GNM Admission 2017
Candidates seeking admission in GNM Course have to fill the downloaded application form available on the official website. Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit list prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the written examination.
Schedule for the Manipur GNM Admission 2017 is given below.
|Date of Submission of Application form||25 Sep to 06 Oct 2017|
|Issue of Admit Card||07 Oct to 12 Oct 2017|
|Date of Entrance Test||14 Oct 2017|
|Date of Counselling||18 Oct 2017|
|Date of Admission||20 Oct to 26 Oct 2017|
Application Form 2017
Application form can be downloaded from the official website. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The direct link to download the Application Form is also given below.
The duly filled in application form along with the enclosures shall be submitted directly to the Medical Directorate, Lamphel on the following dates and time schedule along with an Examination Fee Rs. 300/- for General / OBC and Rs. 200/- for ST / SC by using ATM Card at the Medical Directorate’s POS, Lamphel to be given while submitting Application Forms.
Enclose the following certificates / documents:
- Domicile / Residential / Employment Certificate (issued by concerned DC / Head of Deptt).
- Self attested copy of Mark sheet(s) of the qualifying examination.
- Self attested copy of age proof certificate issued by Board / Council / Admit Card of HSLC Examination.
- Valid SC/ST/OBC certificate issued by the concerned Deputy Commissioner of the District by an Officer authorized by him.
- The minimum age of admission shall be 17 years not exceeding 35 years on or before 31st December 2017.
- The minimum educational requirement shal be 10+2 in Arts / Science (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology, and Philosophy) and English Core / English Elective or Science or Health Care Science- Vocational stream only passing out from an Institute recognized by Board / Council of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent body / council including National Institute of Open Schools.
- Students shall be medically fit (Physical fitness certificate should be enclosed).
- Students shall be admitted once in a year.
The qualifying examination for nomination to (GNM / FHW) Courses is 10+2 / equivalent examination.
There shall be written examination with English General Knowledge carrying 50 marks each and the standard of the written test shall be same as in the case of class XII conducted by the Council of Higher Secondary Education, Manipur. The total marks of the written test shall be 1000. The total no. of questions will be 50.
Each question will carry 2 marks. Answer shall be of multiple choice type and there will be no negative markings.
Use Blue/Black ball point pen. The duration of the written test will be of 1 hour. No candidates shall be allowed to leave the examination hall till the completion of the examination.
The examination fee for the competitve test shall be Rs. 300 for General / OBC and Rs. 200/- for SC/ST candidates payable at the Medical Directorate’s POS using ATM card.
Merit list based on the performance in the written test for Unreserved / General, OBC, ST & SC Candidates will be as per reservation policy of the State Government and number of seats available.