PU CET UG 2020 Result will be announced by Panjab University, Chandigarh. Candidates can check their result online at cetug.puchd.ac.in. To check the PUCET UG 2020 result, candidates need to log in by entering their roll number and select the subject combination. Candidates can download their Result Cards for PU CET UG 2020 by online mode only. Qualifiers in the entrance exam have to fill up the Admission Form. After the declaration of PU CET UG Result 2020, the University also publishes a merit list. PU CET UG 2020 Merit List will be displayed on the official website. Candidates can check more details on PU CET UG 2020 Result from this page.
PU CET UG 2020 Result
Candidates must keep in mind that they will have to fill the admission form after the declaration of PU CET 2020 Result. PU CET 2020 Admission Form must not be confused with PU CET 2020 Application Form. They both have different purposes and will be used at different point of time. For more information about PU CET 2020 Result, candidates can refer to the schedule given below:
|PU CET UG 2020 Result||Date (Expected)|
|PU CET UG 2020 exam date||Last Week of Apr 2020|
|Declaration of PU CET UG 2020 Result||Third Week of May 2020|
|Display of PU CET UG 2020 Merit List||Last Week of Jun 2020|
|Display of Provisional Merit List on Website & Release of Seat Allocation List (1st Online counselling)||First Week of Jul 2020|
|Dates of reporting in the respective departments by the candidate on the basis of Seat Allocation List (1st Online counselling)*||Second Week of Jul 2020|
|Release of Seat Allocation List (2nd Online counselling)||Second Week of Jul 2020|
|Start of Teaching Classes||Second Week of Jul 2020|
Result: Candidates will be able to check their PU CET 2020 Result from www.cetug.puchd.ac.in
How to check PU CET 2020 Result?
Candidates are required to follow certain steps in order to check PU CET 2020 Result. Candidates can refer to the information given below to check the procedure to check the result:
- Step 1: Candidates will have to first official website of Panjab University and then will have to click on the link flashing as “Result”.
- Step 2: After clicking on the result candidates will be required to enter their Login Credentials namely Username and Password.
- Step 3: After entering the login credentials, candidates will be able to check their respective results.
- Step 4: As a last step of checking the result, candidates can take a screenshot of their results.
PU CET UG 2020 Merit List
After the declaration of PU CET UG Result, the exam conducting body publishes the merit list. It is prepared by considering the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam and qualifying examination (10+2). The weightage of marks considered for preparation of PU CET UG 2020 Merit List from the table below.
|Qualifying Examination (0+2)||25%|
|PU CET (UG) Entrance Test||75%|
- Preparation of Merit List for B.Sc. (Hons.) Courses, the final merit list is prepared by considering 75% weightage of PU CET 2020, 25% weightage of 10+2 examination and over and above weightage of NCC, NSS, etc.
- For those candidates who appeared in the two streams, a combined merit list is prepared for subject combination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics combination, and Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
The final combined merit list for the two streams will be based on the following:
Total merit marks = 0.75*P + 0.25*Q + weightages for other activities, where, P is the CET percentile score and Q is the percentage marks obtained in the 10+2 examination.
- Lastly, if a candidate appears in the 04 subjects, the candidate’s name will be included in the entire Merit List. For example, if a candidate appears in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics, his/her name is going to be included in all the Merit Lists wherever he/she qualifies.
How PU CET 2020 Result is Prepared?
The result for PU CET UG 2020 is prepared as per the exam pattern and marking scheme given by Panjab University. The marks obtained by the candidate is calculated using the following formula:
T = (P – 1/4 Q) x 2
T = total marks
P = Number of correct answers
Q = Number of wrong answers
- For a correct answer, candidates get 02 marks.
- Negative marking (1/4 weightage) is adopted for an incorrect answer.
PU CET UG 2020 Cut off
To qualify the entrance exam, the candidates need to obtain minimum marks as set by the Panjab University. Only those candidates are declared as qualified who obtain marks equal to or greater than the cut off marks as mentioned below.
|Category||Total Marks||Cutoff Percentage||Cutoff Marks|
Details Given in PU CET UG 2020 Result
The result for PU CET UG 2020 consist of the Result status (Qualified/ Not Qualified) for the following combinations of subjects:
- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- Mathematics only
What After PU CET UG 2020 Result is Announced?
After the declaration of result of PU CET 2020, the qualified candidates have to fill the form for admission by login to their accounts. To fill out the admission form, you can simply follow the instructions as provided below:
- Firstly, click on the direct link which is going to be provided on this page for filling the admission form.
- Next, the candidates have to login by entering their User id and Password.
- Submit the login details and then proceed to fill out the admission form.
- In the Admission Form, you have to enter correct information as you shall not be allowed to change any information later.
- The choice of Course(s)/ department(s) are available in the Admission Form only.
- After filling in details in the Admission Form, take a print out of it and submit it before the last date.
- Candidates need to submit the hard copy of the Admission Form & copies of certificates to the following:
Coordinator, CET Admission Cell, Department of Physics,
Sector-14, Panjab University, Chandigarh-160014,
Coordinator: Ph. – 0172- 2534466
Co-coordinator: Ph.- 0172-2534235
PU CET UG 2020 Re-Evaluation
Panjab University allows the candidate to submit the request for verification of his/ her PU CET UG Result. To submit the request for result verification, candidates need to provide a photocopy of his/her answer sheet on payment of Rs. 10,000/-. The application should be submitted within 10 days after the declaration of the Entrance Test result and the office should process the whole procedure within three working days. Furthermore, in case, a discrepancy is found in the result of the candidate, the result would accordingly be revised and the fee deposited will be refunded to the candidate.
PU CET UG 2020 Counselling
Panjab University conducts online counseling for the PU CET UG 2020 Qualified candidates. In the online counselling process, candidates need to submit the preference for courses/college to get admission. The University then published the seat allotment result at its website. Candidates who are allotted a seat will have to report in the respective departments as per the schedule. At the time of reporting, the candidates need to bring along the necessary documents verifying their date of birth, academic qualifications, etc.
PU CET UG 2020 Reservation Criteria
The University reserves the following number of seats for various category candidates (as per last year)
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|Defense Personnel and Sports Candidates||05%|
|Riots Victim and the Freedom Fighter Candidates||02% each|
Insofar, official details of PU CET UG 2020 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as information brochure releases, details will be updated here.