SOA University is conducting SAAT 2018 from 20th to 30th April 2018. SAAT 2018 exams are online computer based tests for UG and PG aspirants who want to get admission to Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan (SOA) deemed to be university, Bhubaneswar, Odisha. SAAT 2018 application form is available online. Those who apply on time will be able to download SAAT 2018 admit card from official website. Get here complete details of Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan Admission Test (SAAT 2018) such as exam dates, application form, admit card, result.
SAAT 2018 application form is invited from eligible candidates from all over India. Candidates must check the eligibility before applying. There is no application fee for SAAT 2018 application form.
SOA University has 4 campuses.
- Campus 1 of SOA University is ITER. ITER consists of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology. Here admission is offered through SAAT 2018 as well as JEE Main 2018.
- Campus 2 of SOA University consists of the faculty of business studies, the faculty of pharmaceutical studies and the faculty of nursing. Here admission is offered through SAAT 2018 only.
- Campus 3 of SOA University is SUM Hospital. Here admission is only on basis of NEET 2018.
- Campus 4 of SOA University also offers admission only on basis of SAAT 2018.
This year SAAT 2018 will be held in 35 cities in India. All programs offered by Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University except medical UG and PG are offered through SAAT exam.
SAAT 2018 Exam Dates
It is very important to take note of important dates of SAAT 2018. Candidates are advised to note these dates in their calendar so that they do not miss any important event.
|Commencement of application form submission||14 Dec 2017|
|Last date to apply||10 Apr 2018|
|Download admit card||15 Apr 2018|
|Date of exam||20 to 30 Apr 2018|
Courses offered at SOA University
Bachelors degree programs
- B.Sc. in Nursing (Basic)
- Post Basic B.Sc. in Nursing (Post Basic)
- B.Sc. in in Agriculture
- B.A. LLB. (Hons) and B.B.A. LLB. (Hons)
Masters Degree Programs
- MBA / MHA / MHM / MTTM
- B.Sc. (Biotechnology / Nano Science & Nano Technology / Medicinal & Aromatic Plants / Molecular Biology)
- B.Sc. (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- B.Sc. (Chemical Biology & Drug Design)
- B.Sc. in Nursing
- B.Sc. (Agriculture)
- MBA (Agribusiness)
SAAT 2018 Application Form
The application form of SAAT 2018 has to be filled online. Official website where application form submission can be done is www.soa.ac.in. Candidates should submit form before the last date.
There is no application fee for SAAT 2018.
Steps to apply
Candidates can apply online by following steps given below.
- Decide which course to apply for and check eligibility criteria of that course.
- Go to soa.ac.in and locate apply online link.
- Enter name, email ID mobile number.
- An OTP is generated and sent to mobile number – verify OTP.
- Enter all details asked in SAAT 2018 application form and ensure they are correct and verifiable.
- Upload recent color passport size photo and signature. They should be in png/gif/jpg format and their size should be less than 1 MB.
- Complete form and submit it.
- Download and print application form for future reference. Submitted application form of SAAT 2018 can also be accessed through login.
- Successful submission form is intimated through email.
SAAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
SOA University has laid down minimum qualifications to be eligible for SAAT 2018. Only those candidates who fulfill eligibility criteria of SAAT 2018 should apply.
Eligibility criteria for few courses are given below.
|B.Tech||Class 12||Compulsory subjects – Physics and Maths
Any one optional subject – Chemistry / Computer Science / Information Technology /Biotechnology / Biology / Informatics / Statistics / Technical Vocational subject
|45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC)|
PCM or PCB as optional subjects individually
|BHMCT||Class 12||any||45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC)|
|B.Sc. in Nursing (Basic)
lower age limit: 17 years as on 31 Dec 2018
|Class 12||45% in PCB (40% for SC/ST/OBC)|
|Post Basic B.Sc. in Nursing (Post Basic)||GNM exam and registered with State Nursing Council|
|B.Sc. in in Agriculture
lower age limit: 17 years as on 31 Dec 2018
|Class 12||PCM/PCB/PCMB||50% (40% for SC/ST/PH)|
|BA LLB and BBA LLB||Class 12||–||45% (40% for SC/ST, 42% for OBC)|
For detailed eligibility criteria, click here.
SAAT 2018 Exam Pattern
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan Admission Test (SAAT) 2018 is an online computer based test. Question paper of SAAT 2018 will be in English language only. The exam pattern of SAAT 2018, for various courses, shall be as follows.
- Therefore, if you are a class 10+2 student, then you can appear in SAAT 2018 B.Tech, B.Sc Agriculture, BPharm, B.Sc Nursing, BHMCT, BBA LLB / BA LLB, BBA / BCA entrance exam.
- If you have complete B.Tech / BE / MSc / MCA then you can appear in SAAT 2018 M.Tech entrance exam.
- If you have completd B.Sc Nursing then you can appear in SAAT 2018 M.Sc Nursing entrance exam.
- If you have completed B.Pharm then you can appear in SAAT 2018 M.Pharm entrance exam.
- If you have completed B.Sc then you can appear in SAAT 2018 M.Sc entrance exam.
- Those who have any graduation can appear in SAAT 2018 MCA entrance exam or MBA / MHA / MHM / MTTM / MBA Agribusiness entrance exam.
- If you have completed GNM then you can appear in SAAT 2018 PB Nursing entrance exam.
- If you have done LLB then you can appear in SAAT 2018 LLM entrance exam.
- If you have completed B.Sc Agriculture then you can appear in SAAT 2018 M.Sc Agriculture entrance exam.
How to prepare for SAAT 2018
As can be seen above, the exam pattern for each program is different and so is the syllabus. So first thing to do is to decide course to apply for and check its syllabus. To know syllabus, download information brochure and open Appendix I-XV for syllabus.
Preparation for SAAT 2018 should be done in accordance to the syllabus only. Candidates should study all topics given in the official syllabus and prepare questions that are of the level of their qualifying exam.
For example, class 12 students appearing for engineering entrance exam should study physics, chemistry, mathematics from NCERT books of class 11 and 12.
Then, because questions are objective type, candidates should practice a lot of questions from reference books that have multiple choice questions for similar entrance exams.
Coming to books to prepare for SAAT 2018, there may not be specific books for SAAT, but you should refer books that prepare for other entrance exams of same course. For example engineering aspirants can refer to JEE preparation books.
Towards the days nearer to SAAT exam, candidates should revise all topics properly.
SAAT 2018 Syllabus
SOA University has published syllabus of SAAT 2018. Candidates should first see the subjects of exam of SAAT 2018 for that course which they are applying for. Then they can see syllabus of those subjects or exam from official syllabus.
Click here to download complete SAAT 2018 Syllabus.
- Appendix I – Syllabus for (B.Tech. / B.Pharm. / B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Agriculture).
- Appendix II – Syllabus for Lateral entry (B.Tech). This paper is common for all disciplines except pharmacy and HMCT.
- Appendix III – Syllabus for Lateral entry (B.Pharm). It is the course content is same as the syllabus of Part-I of Diploma in Pharmacy as per the Education Regulation – 1991 of Pharmacy Council of India.
- Appendix IV – Syllabus for Lateral entry (BHMCT). It is the First, Second and Third year syllabus as approved by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India.
- Appendix V – Syllabus for MCA.
- Appendix VI – Syllabus for BHMCT.
- Appendix VII – Syllabus for MBA / MHA / MHM / MTTM / MBA (AGRIBUSINESS) / M.SC. (ALL) courses.
- Appendix VIII – Syllabus for M.Pharm.
- Appendix IX – Syllabus for M.TECH. in electronics and communication engineering (i.communication system engineering ii. Digital signal & image processing ) / m.tech. In electronics and instrumenation engineering (i. Vlsi design and embedded system ii. Microelectronics).
- Appendix X – Syllabus for M.Sc Agriculture.
- Appendix XI – Syllabus for M.Sc Nursing.
- Appendix XII – Syllabus for PBBSc Nursing.
- Appendix XIII – Syllabus for B.A. LLB (H) / B.B.A. LLB (H) / BBA / BCA.
- Appendix XIV – Syllabus for LLM.
- Appendix XV – Syllabus for MCA Lateral Entry.
SAT 2018 Admit Card
Candidates who apply online correctly on time will get SAAT 2018 admit card to appear in exam. Date of availability of admit card is 15 Apr 2018.
How to get admit card?
Applicants can download admit card from soa.ac.in. Steps to download admit card will be as follows:
- First, one has to visit soa.ac.in and locate admit card download link. Direct link to download will be available here as per schedule.
- Next, click on admit card download link.
- Now enter username and password.
- Click log in button.
- Once logged in, download admit card and print it.
Admit card will contain address, name, photograph of candidate and also address of test centre allotted with test timings. It is important to carry it on day of exam as without it one will not get entry to exam hall. Candidates must not alter anything in it. It is further important to remember to bring a valid identity proof (as mentioned in application form).
SAAT 2018 Result
Candidates can check SAAT 2018 Result in online mode. Result of SOA deemed university admission test determines merit for admission to various programs.
An important feature of SAAT is that candidates who have diploma in engineering/ technology/ pharmacy and hotel management are eligible for admission into regular courses under lateral entry scheme through SAAT 2018.
When will SAAT 2018 result be announced?
Date of declaration of result is not yet available. Last year exam was held from 22 to 25 April, and result was announced on 6 May. As this year exam is from 20 to 30 Apr, therefore result is likely to come in mid of May.
SAAT 2018 Merit Lists
SOA University shall prepare different merit lists. The various merit lists that will be compiled on basis of Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan Admission Test (SAAT) 2018 will be as follows.
- SAAT 2018 merit list for B.Tech admission on basis of PCM marks.
- SAAT 2018 merit list for B.Pharm. / B.Sc. Agriculture admission on basis of PCM/B marks.
- SAAT 2018 merit lists for each Diploma streams admission under lateral entry scheme to B.Tech, MCA, B.Pharm, BHMCT.
- SAAT 2018 merit lists for each of MCA, M.Tech. (branch wise), M.Sc. (All), M.Sc. Agriculture, MBA, MHA, MHM, MTTM, M.Pharm., LLM, M.Sc. Nursing& MBA Agribusiness courses.
- SAAT 2018 merit list for BHMCT, B.A. LL.B. (H), BBA LL.B. (H), BBA, BCA admission.
- SAAT 2018 merit lists for each for B.Sc. Nursing and Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing courses.
Counselling after result announcement
SOA deemed university will organize counselling in which candidates will get seats on basis of merit and choice. SOA deemed university will also verify original documents of candidates during counselling. Candidates must bring original as well as attested copies for verification.