Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences & Technology of Kashmir has released notification for the eligible candidates for admission into various Undergraduate programmes and postgraduate programmes for the academic year 2018-2019. The eligible candidates can fill their Application form for SKUAST Admission 2018 from the link available here. Candidates can check the complete information of SKUAST Admission 2018 like application process, eligibility criteria, selection process, etc from this page below.
SKUAST Admission 2018
Candidates seeking admission in various UG and PG courses have to fill their Application form online from the official website as per scheduled date. All the candidates who have filled their application form can download their Admit Card.
|Commencement of submission of online application form||02 Apr 2018||05 Apr 2018|
|Last date for submission of online application form||05 May 2018||05 May 2018|
|Date of University Entrance Test||10 Jun 2018||23-24 Jun 2018|
|Counselling||27-28 Jun 2018(First Counselling)||04 July 2018|
|10 Jul 2018(Second Counselling)|
|18-31 Jul 2018(Third Counselling- if required)|
SKUAST 2018 Application Form
Application Form forms for SKUAST 2018 has been released and is accepted Online only through University website as per the scheduled date. Candidates are advised to ensure their eligibility criteria before filling the Application Form. Application forms for undergraduate course as well as postgraduate courses are available on the official website. Candidates can register from the links provided below.
Instruction for filling the Application Form
- Before applying online, the candidate must ensure that he/she has scanned image of his photograph, signature and thumb-impression in JPEG/JPG format saved on the computer; candidate should also have his/her payment mode details handy.
- The sample application form that would be required to be filled up online, forms part of the brochure as well for general information of the candidate.
- Payment of Rs.1500/- (Rupees One Thousand Five Hundred only) as application fee is to be made through credit/debit card/net banking
- While filling up the application form, the candidates shall prefer to write his own contact No(s), email/f.b. Id for receiving Admit cards/updates from time to time.
- Candidates have to log on to the available link to apply online, and click the link University Entrance Test-2018.
- Open the first link, and fill in Part-I of the online application form (personal details. Note down the registration number for future reference. For subsequent logins, the candidate will be able to login directly with his/her respective system generated application number and chosen password.
- After submission of personal details at Part-I, you will go to the second link and fill-in the academic details.
- After completing Part-II, the programme will take you to the third link for uploading of Photograph, signature and thumb impression. Upload images of photograph, signature, thumb impression (left for male and right for female candidates) in JPEG format.
- Once successfully done, a candidate will be shown his/her complete details as recorded at part-IV of the form. A candidate is required to thoroughly check all the details and make corrections (if any) by pressing the buttons available at bottom of each step.
- The candidates can change/ modify their online Application Form at any time before they submit it. It is in the interest of the candidate to make double checks before submitting the online Application Form. They are advised, in their own interest, not to share their login details with anybody.
- Once the details are CONFIRMED, a candidate will be directed to opt for the mode of payment. Candidate can make online payment through any Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
- Once the payment is successful, the Application Form will be generated for submission and Print-out. Candidate will need to Click the LOGOUT button to ensure completion of the Online Application process.
- Take print out of confirmation page(s) of online application format and preserve it for future reference.
- The candidate can correct his/ her particulars, if wrongly entered earlier, up to the last date of submission of online application form.
- Only one application form is required to be filled online for appearing in the test(s).
- A photo-shoot of the online application form is available in the Information Brochure for guidance.
For Undergraduate Programmes
For Post Graduate Programmes
Under Graduate Programmes
Test streams: The examination shall be conducted in the following subject streams:
- Stream 01 comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (PCB)
- Stream 02 comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (PCM)
- Stream 03 comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics subjects (PCBM)
Entrance Test will consist of a single sitting paper. The question paper shall comprise of multiple-choice questions, with 45 questions each from Physics, (serially numbering from 1 to 45), Chemistry (numbering from 46 to 90), Biology (numbering from 91 to 135) and Mathematics (numbering from 136 to 180). The students shall have to attempt 135 questions (Stream 01 or 02) 0r 180 questions (Stream 03) pertaining to their subjects. The time duration of the examination shall be 2 ¼ hours (135 minutes) for Stream 01 & 02 and 03 hours (180 minutes) for Stream 03, keeping one minute per question in each case.
For admission to UG courses, the question papers will be based on the latest syllabus
adopted by J&K Board of School Education (JKBOSE) for 11th & 12th classes.
|Degree Programme||Section||Subject||Marks||Time duration|
|B.V.Sc.& AH./ B.Sc.(Hons)Agri/ B.Sc
(Hons) Forestry /B.Sc (Hons)
Horticulture /B.Sc (Hons) Sericulture
/ B.F.Sc & B.Tech Agri. Engineering
(common for PCB, PCM and PCBM)
|45 minutes for
(90 minutes =
1hour 30 minutes )
|B.V.Sc. & AH./ B.Sc.(Hons)Agri./ B.Sc
(Hons) Forestry /B.Sc (Hons)
Horticulture / B.Sc (Hons) Sericulture
/B .F. Sc (for PCB and PCBM)
|C||Biology||45 marks||45 minutes|
|B.Tech. Agri. Engineering
(for PCM and PCBM)
|D||Mathematics||45 marks||45 minutes|
Post Graduates Programmes
The Entrance Test for admission to Masters degree Programmes shall be held in five sittings as per the following schedule:
|23 Jun 2018||11.00 a.m to 01.00 p.m||Faculty of Veterinary Sciences
& Animal Husbandry, Shuhama,
|All disciplines of Agriculture,
Veterinary, Horticulture, Forestry,
Fisheries (excluding Agricultural
Economics, Plant Biotechnology,
Food Science & Technology and
Horticulture Business Management)
|23 Jun 2018||2.00 p.m to 4.00 p.m||-do-||Agricultural Economics|
|24 Jun 2018||10.00 a.m to 12.00 noon||Main Campus, Shalimar,
|24 Jun 2018||12.30 p.m to 02.30 p.m||-do-||Food Science/Food Technology|
|24 Jun 2018||3.00 p.m to 5.00 p.m||-do-||Horticulture Business Management|
Syllabus for admission to various Masters courses will be based on ICAR/VCI syllabus with
minor modifications. The detailed syllabus will be available on the ICAR website www.icar.org.in /
VCI website. The question paper shall be of 2 hours duration comprising 120 multiple choice questions i.e. 1 minute for one question. The selection list will be prepared on the basis of merit obtained by the candidates at University Entrance Test and the discipline allotted, at the time of counselling, on the basis of merit obtained. Further, in the disciplines of Statistics, Environmental Science, Microbiology, Agricultural Extension & Communication, Biochemistry and Plant Physiology, the inter-se-merit shall have meshed after the first round of counselling in order to draw a common panel.
SKUAST 2018 Admit Card
Entry in the Test Centre/venue shall be subject to production of valid Admit Card. The Admit Cards will be available online. The candidates are advised to download their Admit Cards from the University website about a weeks time before the date of UET. The candidate shall have to preserve the admit card in their own interest till the completion of admission process by the University.
For PG – The Entrance Test for Masters degree programmes shall be held at Jammu/Srinagar. Information regarding this shall be provided to the candidates on the Admit card.
For UG – The Entrance Test shall be held in Main Campus, Shalimar, Srinagar (0194- 2461271) and Faculty of Veterinary Sciences & Animal Husbandry, Shuhama, Alusteng, Ganderbal (0194-2262207)
- Entrance Examination based Merit list of all the candidates and the candidates shortlisted for counselling will be declared and placed on the university website and published in leading local English/Urdu newspapers. There will be a counselling system to allot the available seats in order of merit drawn category wise. The counselling will be held for the candidates at the Main Campus Shalimar on the dates to be notified by SKAUST 2018.
- The candidates short-listed for the counselling for admission to various undergraduate degree Programmes will have to submit duly completed ‘Counseling Form’ (to be provided at the time of counselling) along with one set of attested copies of all the relevant documents.
- The eligibility for the candidates will be verified by the counselling/selection committee and recommend for admission to different programmes.
- The counselling/ selection committee will also prepare select and waitlist. As soon as the vacancy arises, the candidate(s) from the wait list will be allotted seat(s) as per admission schedule. The Registrar, SKUAST-K will notify the selection and waiting list of each programme on the university website. If a candidate fails to register himself/ herself and deposit the fee at the time of admission, his/her candidature will be cancelled and seat allotted to the next candidate on merit in the respective category.
- Closure of admissions: After closing date of admissions (31-07-2018)/last counselling held, the university shall not entertain/consider any request for change of stream from one programme to other, upgradation from self-finance to open merit/reserved category and refund of the fee after the cancellation of admission.
The candidates have to keep ready the following documents at the time of counselling.
- State Subject ( J&K State Permanent Residence/ J&K Origin Certificate)
- Marks Certificate of the qualifying examination (10+2) issued by the concerned Board
- Matriculation/Secondary School Certificate indicating Date of Birth for UG courses
- UG degree certificate with the transcript for PG Courses
- Category certificate under which claiming benefit of reservation.
- All original certificates/testimonials and other documents relating to admission issued by the competent authority including admit card etc. are to be presented on the date of counselling. The candidates who do not produce original certificates/testimonials at the time of counselling shall not be entertained and shall lose their right to admission.
- In addition to the original certificates/testimonials, the candidates must come for counselling along with a non-refundable counselling fee of Rs. 1000 /-. The facility of depositing counselling fee of Rs.1000/- shall be available in the Counseling Hall through J&K Bank Branch of SKUAST-K.
- No separate intimation will be sent to individual candidates for appearing in counselling sessions. The candidates are advised, in their own interest, not to miss counselling, lest they may lose the seat of their choice.
- The candidates have to appear personally for counselling. If, however, for some unavoidable reasons, it is not possible for a candidate to appear personally, he/she may send his / her duly authorized representative with admit card, counselling fee, original documents, undertaking, and authority letter to the effect that allotment made on the basis of choices indicated by such representative shall be binding on him/ her.
- Where a candidate or his authorized representative fails to appear for counselling at the time of his/her turn of counselling, his/her seat shall be allotted to the next candidate in order of merit, and if the candidate, who has missed the counselling appears afterwards in the counseling on the same day, he/ she shall be allotted the seat available at that point of time.
- Where a candidate or his/her representative fails to appear for counselling on the specified date but appears on the next date or any date during subsequently notified counselling schedule, he/she will be allowed to participate in such counselling and he/she will be considered for the allotment of course/stream/institution available at that point of time on merit. Such a candidate cannot stake the claim on any other seat already allotted despite superior merit.
- Where a candidate has been kept on the waiting list and his/her seat is not confirmed, he/she is entitled to refund of counselling fee of Rs 1000.
Official Website: www.skuastkashmir.ac.in
For more detail of SKUAST Admission 2018 Download Information Brochure.