Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences & Technology of Jammu offers various UG and PG courses. Eligible candidates can apply the application form for SKUAST admission 2020 from the official website or through the direct link which will be provided on this page. Candidates can check the complete information of SKUAST Admission 2020 like application process, eligibility criteria, selection process, etc from this page below.
SKUAST Admission 2020
Candidates seeking admission in various UG and PG courses have to fill their Application form online from the official website as per scheduled date. All the candidates who will fill the application form can able to download their Admit Card. Important dates regarding SKUAST 2020 is provided below as per previous year.
Schedule for MBA (Agribusiness Management- Vacant seats)
|Event||Important Dates (Expected)|
|Commencement of submission of online application form||Last week of Jul 2020|
|Last date for submission of online application form||Third week of Aug 2020|
|Last date of online submission of application form with late fee (Rs 1000/-)||Third week of Aug 2020|
|Date of Counselling / PI / GD / Micro Presentation||Third week of Aug 2020|
Schedule for MBA (Agribusiness Management)
|Event||Important Dates (Expected)|
|Commencement of submission of online application form||Second week of Apr 2020|
|Last date for submission of online application form||Last week of May 2020|
|Last date of online submission of application form with late fee (Rs 1000/-)||First week of Jun 2020|
|Date of Counselling / PI / GD / Micro Presentation||Third week of Jun 2020|
SKUAST-Jammu CET – 2020 Schedule
|SKUAST-Jammu CET 2020||important Dates (Expected)|
|Commencement of submission of online application forms||First week of May 2020|
|Last date for submission of online application forms||Last week of May 2020|
|Last date for submission of online application forms with late fee||First week of Jun 2020|
|Date of download of Admit card||Second week of Jun 2020|
|Registration for UG/ PG/Ph.D. programmes||Third week of Aug 2020|
|Counselling for B.Sc.(Hons) Agriculture and B.Tech. Biotechnolory||Third week of Aug 2020|
SKUAST-Kashmir CET – 2020 Schedule
|SKUAST-Kashmir Event||Important Dates (Expected)|
|Commencement of submission of online application form||Last week of Mar 2020|
|Last date for submission of online application form||Last week of Apr 2020|
|University Admission Process|
|Events||Undergraduate programmes||Masters programmes|
|University Entrance Test||Last week of May 2020||Last week of Jun, 2020|
|1st20ound of counseling||Second week of Jun 2020||Second week of Jul 2020|
|2nd round of counseling||Last week of Jun 2020||Third week of Jul 2020|
|3rd round of counseling (if required)||First week of Jul 2020||First week of Jul 2020|
For SKUAST-Jammu CET 2020
- Only permanent residents of the Jammu and Kashmir State as defined in Section 6 of the Constitution of J&K are eligible for seeking admission to all the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- For admission to an undergraduate programme in Biotechnology, candidates from outside states can also apply.
- The candidates hailing from states other than Jammu and Kashmir can seek admission under NonResident Indian (NRI)/ NRI sponsored quota for B. V.Sc. & A.H. and B. Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture, and against Self Financing seats for Postgraduate courses kept under All India basis category only.
- Candidates will have to ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria and qualification(s) prescribed for admission to the relevant programme by the University.
Click here to check the eligibility criteria and qualification(s) prescribed for admission.
For SKUAST-Kashmir CET 2020
- For Undergraduate Programmes
- For Post Graduate Programmes
- For MBA (Agribusiness Management)
Must have passed B.Sc (Ag) / B.V.Sc & AH / B.Tech (Agril. Engg) / B.Sc Horticulture/ B.Sc Dairying / B.Sc Fisheries / B.Sc Forestry with 55% or equivalent CGPA or any other graduate degree with 55% marks.
SKUAST 2020 Application Form
SKUAST-Jammu will released the application forms for various undergraduate course and postgraduate courses on the official website for the acdemic sesssoin 2020-21. Candidates are advised to ensure their eligibility criteria before filling the Application Form. Candidates can register from the links which will be provided below.
Application Fee For SKUAST-Kashmir CET 2020
The given application fees is based on last year.
- Payment of Rs.1500/- (Rupees One Thousand Five Hundred only) as application fee for undergraduate degree programmes and Rs. 1500/- (Rupees one thousand and five hundred only) for 1st sitting &Rs. 1000/- (One thousand only) each for more than one sitting for Masters degree programmes is to be made through credit/debit card/net banking. The fee shall be non-refundable
- The application fee for the MBA (Agribusiness Management) 2020 application form is Rs. 2000/- and Rs. 1000/- extra in case of late submission.
Instruction for filling the Application Form
- Candidates have to log on to www.skuast.org to apply on line, and click the link MBA Admission 2020.
- The candidates must, in their own interest, download the Information Brochure and understand eligibility criteria and other required information before filling the Application Form.
- Application Form will be accepted Online ONLY through University website www.skuast.org, application forms along with late fee of Rs. 1000/- will be accepted.
- The name should be filled in BLOCK LETTERS and should be the same as given in the certificate of the last examination passed.
- Before applying online, candidate must ensure that he/she has scanned image of his photograph, signature and thumb-impression in JPEG/JPG format saved on the computer; uploading all of these is MANDATORY. Candidate should also have his/her payment mode details handy.
- Open the first link, and fill in Part-I of the on-line application form (personal details).Note down the registration number for future reference.
- While filling up the application form, the candidates shall prefer to write his own contact No(s), email Id for receiving updates from time to time.
- After submission of personal details at Part-I, you will be directed to second link and fill-in the Part II of application form (academic details).
- After completing Part-II, programme will automically take you to Part III for uploading of Photograph, signature and thumb impression. Upload images of photograph, signature, thumb impression in JPEG format.
- Once successfully done, candidate will be shown his/her complete details as recorded at part-IV of the form. Candidate is required to thoroughly check all the details.
- At the bottom of the page candidate will have the options of printing application form. Take a print out of the application form for your record.
- Candidate can make online payment through any Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
- Take print out of confirmation page(s) of online application format and preserve it for future reference.
- Admission form incomplete in any respect shall be rejected.
- Seeking admission on the basis of false identity, misrepresentation by submitting false certificates/ documents or suppression of any material fact is unlawful and will result in cancellation of admission.
- The applicant can check the status of his/her fee online (www.skuast.org) one week after depositing the fee.
- In case the status remains unpaid even after one week, candidate can approach SKUAST Jammu with the copy of their Confirmation page of online payment.
SKUAST 2020 Admit Card
Only for those candidates who fulfill the prescribed requirements for the programme, to which they have applied, will be issued the photo Admit Cards depicting roll no, name of Centre of Examination, date, and timing of the test. The Admit Card can be downloaded from the University web site www.skuast.org. Entry in the Test Centre/venue shall be subject to production of valid Admit Card. The candidate shall have to preserve the admit card in their own interest till the completion of admission process by the University.
If Admit Card is not downloaded two days before the date of the Entrance Test, the candidate may contact the office of the Examination Cell, SKUAST Jammu, Chatha, with a photograph same as uploaded on e-form for obtaining Duplicate Admit Card.
No Admit Card, in any case will be issued on the day of the Entrance Test
The given exam pattern is based on last year.
For SKUAST-Kashmir CET 2020
- For PG – The Entrance Test for Masters degree programmes shall be held at Main Campus Shalimar, Srinagar – 190025 (0194-2461271) on month of June 2020
- For UG -The Entrance Test for Undergraduate degree programmes at the centers as may be notified by the University in the cities of Srinagar and Jammu only on month of May 2020.
The centers shall be allotted by the University and the information regarding this shall be provided to the candidates on the admit card. 3. The Test Centre once allotted shall not be changed.
For SKUAST-Jammu CET 2020
SKUAST-Jammu CET 2020 will be held in Jammu.
Exam Pattern for SKUAST-Kashmir CET 2020
The exam pattern is based on last year.
Under Graduate Programmes
Test streams: The examination shall be conducted in the following subject streams:
- Stream 01 comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (PCB)
- Stream 02 comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (PCM)
- Stream 03 comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics subjects (PCBM)
Entrance Test will consist of a single sitting paper. The question paper shall comprise of multiple-choice questions, with 45 questions each from Physics, (serially numbering from 1 to 45), Chemistry (numbering from 46 to 90), Biology (numbering from 91 to 135) and Mathematics (numbering from 136 to 180). The students shall have to attempt 135 questions (Stream 01 or 02) 0r 180 questions (Stream 03) pertaining to their subjects. The time duration of the examination shall be 2 ¼ hours (135 minutes) for Stream 01 & 02 and 03 hours (180 minutes) for Stream 03, keeping one minute per question in each case.
For admission to UG courses, the question papers will be based on the latest syllabus
adopted by J&K Board of School Education (JKBOSE) for 11th & 12th classes.
|Degree Programme||Section||Subject||Marks||Time duration|
|B.V.Sc.& AH./ B.Sc.(Hons)Agri/ B.Sc
(Hons) Forestry /B.Sc (Hons)
Horticulture /B.Sc (Hons) Sericulture
/ B.F.Sc & B.Tech Agri. Engineering
(common for PCB, PCM, and PCBM)
|45 minutes for
|B.V.Sc. & AH./ B.Sc.(Hons)Agri./ B.Sc
(Hons) Forestry /B.Sc (Hons)
Horticulture / B.Sc (Hons) Sericulture
/B .F. Sc (for PCB and PCBM)
|C||Biology||45 marks||45 minutes|
|B.Sc.(Hons)Agri/ B.Sc (Hons) Forestry /B.Sc (Hons) Horticulture /B.Sc (Hons) Sericulture &B.Tech Agri. Engineering||D||Mathematics||45 marks||45 minutes|
Post Graduates Programmes
The Entrance Test for admission to Masters degree Programmes shall be held in eight sittings as per the following schedule:
The question paper shall be of 2 hours duration comprising 120 multiple choice questions i.e. 1 minute for one question. Selection list will be prepared on the basis of merit obtained by the candidates at University Entrance Test and the discipline allotted, at the time of counseling, on the basis of merit obtained.Further, in the disciplines of Microbiology, Biochemistry and Plant Physiology, the inter-se-merit shall be meshed after first round of counseling in order to draw a common panel.
The answer keys for SKUAST 2020 will be released after the completion of entrance exam. The candidates who will appeared in the entrance examination can check their answer keys by providing the credentials asked for. Candidates are advised to go through their respective answer keys which will be provided below.
The merit list for the SKUAST 2020 entrance examination will be released on the official website. Candidates can go to the official link to check the merit list. The merit list for UG and PG programme will be released separately. Candidates can check the same from the link which will be povided below.
Qualified candidates, as per merit, shall be called for counselling on a specified date and time for consideration of admission to various Undergraduate and Master’s programme. The counselling will continue till the last seat in each programme is filled-up. Merit list has been uploaded on the university website (www.skuast.org). The candidates are advised to see regularly the website of the University for counselling dates. No separate letter will be sent to the candidates. Counselling schedule will be notified in the newspapers
- All original certificates/testimonials and other documents relating to admission issued by the competent authority including admit card etc. are to be presented on the date of counselling. The candidates who do not produce original certificates/testimonials at the time of counselling shall not be entertained and shall lose their right to admission.
- In addition to the original certificates/testimonials, the candidates must come for counselling along with a non-refundable counselling fee of Rs. 1000 /-.
- No separate intimation will be sent to individual candidates for appearing in counselling sessions. The candidates are advised, in their own interest, not to miss counselling, lest they may lose the seat of their choice.
- The candidates have to appear personally for counselling. If, however, for some unavoidable reasons, it is not possible for a candidate to appear personally, he/she may send his / her duly authorized representative with admit card, counselling fee, original documents, undertaking, and authority letter to the effect that allotment made on the basis of choices indicated by such representative shall be binding on him/ her.
- Where a candidate or his authorized representative fails to appear for counselling at the time of his/her turn of counselling, his/her seat shall be allotted to the next candidate in order of merit, and if the candidate, who has missed the counselling appears afterwards in the counseling on the same day, he/ she shall be allotted the seat available at that point of time.
- Where a candidate or his/her representative fails to appear for counselling on the specified date but appears on the next date or any date during subsequently notified counselling schedule, he/she will be allowed to participate in such counselling and he/she will be considered for the allotment of course/stream/institution available at that point of time on merit. Such a candidate cannot stake the claim on any other seat already allotted despite superior merit.
- Where a candidate has been kept on the waiting list and his/her seat is not confirmed, he/she is entitled to refund of counselling fee of Rs 1000.
For SKUAST-Kashmir CET 2020
For (UG / PG courses)
- Entrance Examination based Merit list of all the candidates and the candidates shortlisted for counselling will be declared and placed on the university website and published in leading local English/Urdu newspapers. There will be a counselling system to allot the available seats in order of merit drawn category wise. The counselling will be held for the candidates at the Main Campus Shalimar on the dates to be notified.
- The candidates short-listed for the counselling for admission to various undergraduate degree Programmes will have to submit duly completed ‘Counseling Form’ (to be provided at the time of counselling) along with one set of attested copies of all the relevant documents.
- The eligibility for the candidates will be verified by the counselling/selection committee and recommend for admission to different programmes.
- The counselling/ selection committee will also prepare select and waitlist. As soon as the vacancy arises, the candidate(s) from the wait list will be allotted seat(s) as per admission schedule. The Registrar, SKUAST-K will notify the selection and waiting list of each programme on the university website. If a candidate fails to register himself/ herself and deposit the fee at the time of admission, his/her candidature will be cancelled and seat allotted to the next candidate on merit in the respective category.
- Closure of admissions: After closing date of admissions /last counselling held, the university shall not entertain/consider any request for change of stream from one programme to other, upgradation from self-finance to open merit/reserved category and refund of the fee after the cancellation of admission.
For MBA (Agribusiness Management)
Selection for admission to MBA (Agribusiness Management) course shall be made on the basis of merit in the following components.
- Merit in the qualifying examination i.e. Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
- Candidate will be called for Group Discussion, Personal Interview and Micro Presentation.
The final merit list will be prepared based on the following selection parameters:
- Valid CAT/CMAT/MAT Score.
- Diversity Factor.
- Group Discussion.
- Extempore / Micro Presentaton.
- Personal Interview.
- Academic Record (Graduation, 12th, 10th)
For SKUAST-Jammu CET 2020
- The selection and allotment of UG stream will be purely based on the rank secured in the SKUAST-J Common Entrance Test as per choice/preference indicated in the counselling form.
- The selection and allotment of PG stream will be purely based on the rank secured in the SKUAST-J Common Entrance Test and option made at the time of counselling.
- There will be a separate merit list for each category as listed in the Information Brochure.
- All the selections made by the University to undergraduate/postgraduate programmes shall be provisional till final verification of eligibility of the candidates by the University.
- The University shall have the power to review and reframe the provisional selection list in case of any bonafide error, lapse, mistake, fraud, misrepresentation or inadvertently crept injustice that might have occurred and comes to the notice of the university before completion of the selection process or after the selection/admission process. Mere figuring in the selection list does not confer any right to admission of the candidate to a university programme if he/she is otherwise not found to be eligible on detection of an error/ mistake/ fraud/ misrepresentation/ impersonation at any stage during the degree programme.
- The recommendation of the candidates by the selection committee for admission in the university in all the categories shall be subject to production of all the relevant certificates in original at the time of counselling.The recommendation of the candidates by the selection committee for admission in the university in all the categories shall be subject to production of all the relevant certificates in original at the time of counselling.
The give fee structure is based on previous year.
For MBA (Agribusiness Management) (SKUAST- Kashmir)
|For 1st Semester||With Hostel||Rs. 68,250/-|
|Without Hostel||Rs. 51,800|
|For each recurring Semester||With Hostel||Rs. 49,750|
|Without Hostel||Rs. 41,300|
- Click here to check the he fees structure for UG / PG Courses (SKUAST- Kashmir).
- Click here to check the fees structure for UG / PG Courses (SKUAST- Jammu).
Answer key of SKUAST 2019
Candidates can check the answer key of SKUAST 2019 from below.
Answer key for UET (UG) of SKUAST 2019.
Answer key for UET (PG) of SKUAST 2019.
- Basic Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Agricultural Engineering
- Veterinary Sciences