Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences & Technology of Kashmir has released notification for the eligible candidates for admission into various Undergraduate and Post Graduate programmes for the academic year 2017-2018. Candidates who have checked their eligibility criteria and satisfy with the eligibility criteria can fill their Application form from here. Candidates can check the complete information of SKUAST Admission 2017 like application process, eligibility criteria, selection process, etc through this page below.
Latest – Merit list of SKUAST 2017 UG Entrance test has been published. Check it through the link provided below.
SKUAST Admission 2017
Candidates seeking admission in various UG and PG courses have to fill their Application form online from the official website as per schedule date. All the candidates who have filled their application form can download their Admit Card.
Schedule for the SKUAST Admission 2017 is given below.
|Commencement of submission of online application form||15 Apr 2017||08 May 2017|
|Last date for submission of online application form||12 May 2017||05 Jun 2017|
|Date of University Entrance Test||04 Jun 2017||1 & 2 Jul 2017|
|Counselling||—||3rd week of Jul 2017|
SKUAST 2017 Merit List
Merit list of SKUAST 2017 Entrance Exam has been published on the official website. Candidates can check the Merit list on the official website OR through the link provided below.
SKUAST 2017 Answer Key
Answer Key for SKUAST 2017 Entrance Exam has been published on the official website. Candidates can check the Answer key from official website OR through the link provided below.
- UG Answer Key – Revised.!!
SKUAST 2017 Application Form
Application Form will be accepted Online ONLY through University website www.skuastkashmir.ac.in as per schedule date. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility criteria before filling the Application Form. The direct link to fill the Application form is also given below.
- Apply Online for PG Courses
- Application process for UG Courses is over now..!!
Instruction for filling the Application Form
- Before applying online, candidate must ensure that he/she has scanned image of his photograph, signature and thumb-impression in JPEG/JPG format saved on the computer; candidate should also have his/her payment mode details handy.
- The sample application form that would be required to be filledup on-line, forms part of the brochure as well for general information of the candidate.
- Payment of Rs.1500/- (Rupees One Thousand Five Hundred only) as application fee is to be made through credit/debit card/net banking in the account number 0242040100004249/SB of J&K Bank, Branch SKUAST-K, Shalimar, favouring Comptroller, SKUAST-K.
- While filling up the application form, the candidates shall prefer to write his own contact No(s), email/f.b. Id for receiving Admit cards/updates from time to time.
- Candidates have to log on to www.skuastkashmir.ac.in to apply on line, and click the link University Entrance Test-2017.
- Open the first link, and fill in Part-I of the on-line application form (personal details. Note down the registration number for future reference. For subsequent logins, the candidate will be able to login directly with his/her respective email ID and chosen password.
- After submission of personal details at Part-I, you will go to second link and fill-in the academic details.
- After completing Part-II, programme will take you to third link for uploading of Photograph, signature and thumb impression. Upload images of photograph, signature, thumb impression (left for male and right for female candidates) in JPEG format.
- Once successfully done, candidate will be shown his/her complete details as recorded at part-IV of the form. Candidate is required to thoroughly check all the details and make corrections (if any) by pressing the buttons availible at bottom of each step.
- The candidates can change/ modify their online Application Form at any time before they submit it. It is in the interest of the candidate to make double checks before submitting the online Application Form. They are advised, in their own interest, not to share their login details with anybody.
- Once the details are CONFIRMED, candidate will be directed to opt for the mode of payment. Candidate can make online payment through any Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
- Once the payment is successful, the Application Form will be generated for submission and Print-out. Candidate will need to Click the LOGOUT button to ensure completion of the Online Application process.
- Take print out of confirmation page(s) of online application format and preserve it for future reference.
- The candidate can correct his/ her particulars, if wrongly entered earlier, up to the last date of submission of on-line application form.
- A photoshot of the online application form is available in the Information Brochure for guidance.
For Undergraduate Programmes
For Post Graduate Programmes
Under Graduate Programmes
Test streams: The examination shall be conducted in the following subject streams:
- Stream 01 comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (PCB)
- Stream 02 comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (PCM)
- Stream 03 comprising of Physics , Chemistry , Biology and Mathematics subjects (PCBM)
Entrance Test will consist of a single sitting paper. The question paper shall comprise of multiple-choice questions, with 45 questions each from Physics, (serially numbering from 1 to 45), Chemistry (numbering from 46 to 90), Biology (numbering from 91 to 135) and Mathematics (numbering from 136 to 180). The students shall have to attempt 135 questions (Stream 01 or 02) 0r 180 questions (Stream 03) pertaining to their subjects. Time duration of the examination shall be 2 ¼ hours (135 minutes) for Stream 01 & 02 and 03 hours (180 minutes) for Stream 03, keeping one minute per question in each case.
|Degree Programme||Section||Subject||Marks||Time duration|
|B.V.Sc.& AH./ B.Sc.(Hons)Agri/ B.Sc
(Hons) Forestry /B.Sc (Hons)
Horticulture /B.Sc (Hons) Sericulture
/ B.F.Sc & B.Tech Agri. Engineering
(common for PCB, PCM and PCBM)
|45 minutes for
(90 minutes =
1hour 30 minutes )
|B.V.Sc. & AH./ B.Sc.(Hons)Agri./ B.Sc
(Hons) Forestry /B.Sc (Hons)
Horticulture / B.Sc (Hons) Sericulture
/B .F. Sc (for PCB and PCBM)
|C||Biology||45 marks||45 minutes|
|B.Tech. Agri. Engineering
(for PCM and PCBM)
|D||Mathematics||45 marks||45 minutes|
Post Graduates Programmes
The Entrance Test for admission to Masters degree Programmes shall be held in five sittings as per the following schedule:
|01 Jul 2017||10.00 am to 12.00 noon||All disciplines of Agriculture,
Veterinary, Horticulture, Forestry,
Fisheries (excluding Agricultural
Economics, Plant Biotechnology,
Food Science & Technology and
Horticulture Business Management)
|01 Jul 2017||1.00 p.m to 3.00 p.m||Agricultural Economics|
|02 Jul 2017||10.00 a.m to 12.00 noon||Plant Biotechnology|
|02 Jul 2017||12.30 p.m to 2.30 p.m||Food Science/Food Technology|
|02 Jul 2017||3.00 p.m to 5.00 p.m||Horticulture Business Management|
The question paper shall be of 2 hours duration comprising 120 multiple choice questions i.e. 1 minute for one question. Selection list will be prepared on the basis of merit obtained by the candidates at University Entrance Test and the discipline allotted, at the time of counseling, on the basis of merit obtained. Further, in the disciplines of Statistics, Environmental Science, Microbiology, Agricultural Extension & Communication, Biochemistry and Plant Physiology, the inter-se-merit shall be meshed after first round of counseling in order to draw a common panel.
Candidates who have appeared in the final examination of undergraduate degree programme(s) and whose results are awaited can also appear in the UET-2017, at their own risk and responsibility. However, such candidates are required to produce provisional degree certificate at the time of counseling failing which their candidature shall be rejected and they shall have no claim for admission.
SKUAST 2017 Admit Card
Entry in the Test Centre/venue shall be subject to production of valid Admit Card. The Admit Cards will be available online. The candidates are advised to download their Admit Cards from the University website: www.skuastkashmir.ac.in about a weeks time before the date of UET. Candidate shall have to preserve the admit card in their own interest till the completion of admission process by the University.
For PG – The Entrance Test for Masters degree programmes shall be held at Main Campus at Shalimar, Srinagar – 190025 (0194-2461271). Information regarding this shall be provided to the candidates on the Admit card.
For UG – The Entrance Test shall be held in different Colleges of Srinagar/Jammu . The centers shall be allotted by the University and the information regarding this shall be provided to the candidates on the admit card. The Test Centre once allotted shall not be changed.
Entrance Examination based Merit list of all the candidates and the candidates short listed for counseling will be declared and placed on the university website www.skuastkashmir.ac.in and published in leading local English/Urdu newspapers. There will be a counseling system to allot the available seats in order of merit drawn category wise. The counseling will be held for the candidates at the Main Campus Shalimar on the dates to be notified separately.
The candidates short-listed for the counseling for admission to various undergraduate degree Programmes will have to submit duly completed ‘Counseling Form’ (to be provided at the time of counseling) along with one set of attested copies of all the relevant documents.
The eligibility for the candidates will be verified by the counseling/selection committee and recommend for admission to different programmes.
The counseling/ selection committee will also prepare select and wait list. As soon as vacancy arises, the candidate(s) from the wait list will be allotted seat(s) as per admission schedule. The Registrar, SKUAST-K will notify the selection and waiting list of each programme on the university website (www.skuastkashmir.ac.in). If a candidate fails to register himself/ herself and deposit the fee at the time of admission, his/her candidature will be cancelled and seat allotted to the next candidate on merit in respective category.
Closure of admissions: After closing date of admissions, the university shall not entertain/consider any request for refund of fee, upgradation and change of stream from one programme to other.
The candidates have to keep ready the following documents at the time of counseling.
- State Subject ( J&K State Permanent Residence/ J&K Origin Certificate)
- Marks Certificate of the qualifying examination (10+2) issued by the concerned Board
- Matriculation/Secondary School Certificate indicating Date of Birth for UG courses
- UG degree certificate with transcript for PG Courses
- Category certificate under which claiming benefit of reservation.
All original certificates/testimonials and other documents relating to admission issued by the competent authority including admit card etc. are to be presented on the date of counseling. The candidates who do not produce original certificates/testimonials at the time of counseling shall not be entertained and shall lose their right to admission.
No separate intimation will be sent to individual candidates for appearing in counseling sessions. The candidates are advised, in their own interest, not to miss counseling, lest they may lose the seat of their choice.
The candidates have to appear personally for counseling. If, however, for some unavoidable reasons, it is not possible for a candidate to appear personally, he / she may send his / her duly authorized representative with admit card, counseling fee, original documents, undertaking and authority letter to the effect that allotment made on the basis of choices indicated by such representative shall be binding on him/ her.
For more detail of SKUAST Admission 2017 Download Information Brochure from below.