Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU) 2018 – SMVD University announces admissions for the Academic Session 2018-19 for various programs. The university offers Undergraduate, Integrated, Postgraduate, and Ph.D. programmes. Given here are the admission notifications, updates, eligibility criteria, selection process and details of admissions in Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU) 2018.
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU) 2018
The Academic Session of the University consists of two regular semesters, i.e., First Semester (Aug-Dec) and Second Semester (Jan-May) followed by the Summer Semester (June-July) during which students can complete the backlog courses if any, and/or may register for some courses in advance also. Admissions to all programs are made at the beginning of the Academic Session except Ph.D. program where students are admitted in both the semesters.
Schedule of SMVDU 2018 is given below.
|Last date for receipt of Fee payment for B.Tech & B.Tech JEE based||04 Jun 2018|
|Last date On-Line Application Form for M.Sc.(Economics) programme (5 years)||20 Jul 2018|
|Last date On-Line Application Form for M.Sc.(BIOTECHNOLOGY) programme||17 Jul 2018|
For Other Colleges JEE Main Cut Offs Click Here
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University has released Admission notice for various courses. Candidates need to check all details before applying. notification
- Click here to check admission notification for M.Sc Biotechnology
- Click here to check admission notification for M.Sc Economics (5 year)
- Click here to check admission notification for B.Tech JEE based
Applications are invited from candidates by advertising the Programs in the leading national and local newspapers every year. Admission Brochure can be downloaded and the Application Form can be filled On-Line from the University website i.e. (www.smvdu.ac.in). The application fee of Rs. 1100/- is to be submitted On-line at time of submission of Application Form.
For Admission to Under-Graduate Programs (B.Tech. & B.Arch.)
B.Tech.: Candidate applying for admission to B. Tech. the program should satisfy the eligibility criteria as per JOSAA/CSAB 2018 guidelines.
B.Arch.: Candidate applying for admission to B. Arch program should satisfy the eligibility criteria as per JOSAA/CSAB guidelines and Council of Architecture (CoA) guidelines. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination can also apply subject to their passing the qualifying examination, with requisite percentage, by the date specified by JOSAA/CSAB 2018 in this regards.
Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination can also apply subject to their passing the qualifying examination, with requisite percentage, by the specified date.
For Admission to 5 Year Integrated M.Sc.(Economics) Program
Applicant should have passed Senior Secondary (10+2) examination in any discipline from a recognized board with minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA with Mathematics/Statistics as the mandatory subject. Candidates who are appearing or have appeared in the qualifying examination are awaiting the result can apply.
For Admission to PG Programs M.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.A. / M.B.A
The eligibility criteria for admission to various postgraduate programs are listed on the respective pages of the Schools inside this brochure. Keeping in view the number of applications, etc., individual Schools may set a higher eligibility criterion for short-listing of applicants to be called for written test/interview. Candidates appearing in the Final year examination of the qualifying degree can also apply. However, the candidates must finish their final qualifying examination including viva-voce, if any, before the date of registration.
For Admission to Ph.D. Program in various Departments
A candidate for admission to Full-Time Ph.D. program must have obtained Master’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Sciences/ Management/ Humanities & Social Sciences or in interdisciplinary/trans-disciplinary discipline with minimum CGPA of 6.75 on a ten point scale in relative grading system or minimum CGPA of 6.00 in absolute grading system or 60% marks in aggregate of any University established by law (In order to encourage inter-disciplinary research, the DRC may also exercise desired flexibility w.r.t. the qualifying degree of the applicant(s) as found suitable.) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions. Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
Candidates, who have appeared/are appearing in their qualifying examination and the results of which are yet to be declared can also apply subject to their meeting other eligibility criteria. However, the admission granted is purely provisional in nature and the candidate will be required to submit the proof confirming meeting the eligibility requirements failing which the admission granted will be terminated without any further notice and the student will forfeit the submitted fee.
A candidate applying for admission to full time Ph.D. program must have qualified National level examination such as UGC / CSIR – NET or GATE in concerned discipline or should be sponsored by a reputed organization where he/she is working. However, candidate(s) who are not NET/GATE qualified may also apply for admission to Full-Time Ph.D. program for which they may be considered in case of left over seats. However such candidates shall not be entitled for any Assistantship from the University.
The University also allows admitted candidates, meeting certain requirements, to register on a part-time basis after admission. Candidates seeking to register on a part-time basis, after admission to the Ph.D. program, must have same minimum academic qualification as required for admission to full-time Ph.D. program. In addition to the general eligibility norms, all the sponsored candidates & Non-sponsored (Seeking Part-Time Registration) Candidates (except candidates working as Faculty members in Hr. Education Institutions) shall also have to comply with the following requirements:
- Governments employees or employees of PSU or research establishment or private industries (approved by DRC) with a minimum experience of two years as on date of application will be eligible for consideration as sponsored candidates & Non-sponsored candidates (Seeking parttime Registration).
- All sponsored candidates are required to produce a SPONSORSHIP CERTIFICATE from their employers on printed letter head to the effect that for the period of his/ her studies for Ph.D., the candidate would be treated on duty with usual salary and allowances and he/she will be fully relieved for the period of study for pursuing his/her studies and that the prescribed fee payable by candidate will be paid by the Sponsorer.
- Non-sponsored candidates, seeking part-time registration, are required to furnish an NOC from their employer along with Application Form (in the prescribed format) for admission stating that the candidate is permitted to pursue the Ph.D. program at SMVDU and that:
- His/her official duties permit him/her to devote sufficient time for research.
- Facilities for research in the field of study of the candidate are available at the workplace. (for further details please see University website)
For Under-Graduate Programs (B.Tech. / B.Arch.)
There are the following three possible routes to secure admission into the B.Tech. program at SMVDU as illustrated below:
- Through JOSAA/CSAB: The admission will be based on All India Rank (CRL) as secured by a candidate in JEE (Main) – 2018. The counselling for admissions and subsequent allotment of seats shall be done by Central Seat Allocation Board.
- Through SMVDUEE-2018: To be conducted at various centers in select cities of the country. The online counselling shall be conducted by the University and allotment of seats shall be done on the basis of merit rank order of the candidates in SMVDUEE-2018. The allotment of seats shall be done provisionally, subject to the condition that the candidate should have secured at least 60% marks in the 12th class examination and must have passed all subjects, upon declaration of regular result.
- Direct Counselling based on JEE (Main) 2018 Rank (CRL): Seats will also be filled through Direct Counselling to be conducted by the University on the basis of applications received from candidates and allotment of seats will be based on the All India Rank (CRL) of the candidates secured in JEE (Main)-2018. The allotment of seats shall be subject to the condition that the candidate should have secured at least 60% marks in the 12th class examination and must have passed all subjects (With Math & Physics as mandatory subjects).
There are the following three possible routes to secure admission into the B.Arch. program at SMVDU as illustrated below:
- Through JOSAA/CSAB: The admission will be based on All India Rank (CRL) as secured by a candidate in JEE (Main) – 2018 Paper 2. The counselling for admissions and subsequent allotment of seats shall be done by Central Seat Allocation Board.
- Direct Counselling based on JEE (Main) – 2018 Rank (CRL)- Seats will also be filled through Direct Counselling to be conducted by the University on the basis of applications received from candidates and allotment of seats will be based on the All India Rank (CRL) of the candidates secured in JEE (Main)-2018-Paper-2. The allotment of seats shall be subject to the condition that the candidate should have secured at least 60% marks in the 12th class examination and must have passed all subjects (With Math & Physics as mandatory subjects). Further, candidates having valid NATA 2018 Score will also be eligible for applying for admission to B.Arch. program through SMVDU Direct Counseling. However, preference will be given to candidates with valid JEE (Main) 2018 Rank(CRL)-Paper-2.
For Five Years Integrated M.Sc. (Economics) Program
Admission to Five Years Integrated M.Sc. (Economics) Program is made on the basis of Admission Test whose particulars are on the page of School of Economics.
For Post Graduate programs M.Sc. /M.B.A. / M.Tech. / M.A
The selection procedures for admission to various postgraduate programs are listed on the respective pages of the Schools inside this brochure. University reserves the right to increase or not fill all/any seats as displayed in the brochure.
The eligible candidates short-listed for the admission process to Ph.D. program in each School will undergo the following selection procedure for admission:
- The short-listing of applications for the purpose of admission test/interview shall be done by the concerned Department Research Committee (DRC).
- Ph.D. students shall be admitted through an Entrance Test conducted by the DRC of the Department. Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/teacher-fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil. programme will be exempted from appearing for the written test.
- An Entrance Test (Written Test) shall be qualifying in nature with qualifying marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific. The candidates who qualify the Written Test will be required to appear for an interview/viva-voce to be conducted by DRC where the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a DRC. The interview/viva voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- The research work can be suitably undertaken at the University/Faculty/Department/School;
- The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
- SRC may choose criteria, higher than eligibility criteria, for short-listing of applicants for the selection procedure.
Admission under NRI/Foreign Sponsored Seats
5% seats (included in the total intake) in AICTE based programs and 10% in other programs (additional to the prescribed intake) shall be filled on merit through NRI/Foreign sponsored candidates by way of payment of the prescribed fee in USD. In case of the lesser number of applicants/admissions of such sponsored candidates, the remaining seats may be offered to the National applicants (general candidates) as per general merit. However, general fees shall be applicable to these candidates thus admitted against vacant NRI seats.
Fee Structure for various Academic Programs of the University for the Students admitted in the Academic session 2018-19 is as given below:
Official Website: www.smvdu.ac.in.