TS POLYCET 2020 – State Board of Technical Education and Training, Telangana will conduct TS POLYCET 2020 on July 01, 2020. The last date to apply has been also extended to May 31, 2020. TS Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (POLYCET) is a state-level test for admission in Engineering and Non-Engineering Polytechnic Diploma courses and Diploma courses offered by Professional Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSAU). The exam is held in pen and paper mode. To appear for TS POLYCET, candidates must have qualified S.S.C examination along with fulfilling other eligibility criteria. Scroll down to check in detail about the eligibility, application form process, selection criteria, exam pattern and so on.
- TSCHE has released the notice for new exam date for TS PGLCET 2020. Scroll down to check it
- TS POLYCET 2020 has postponed and application form deadline is extended. Click here to apply.
TS POLYCET 2020
Candidates are given admission in Government, Government-Aided, Private Un-Aided Polytechnics and for lateral entry to the existing Private Un-Aided Engineering colleges of Telangana and agriculture courses of PJTSAU. Candidates can check the schedule for the TS POLYCET 2020 from the table mentioned below.
|TS POLYCET 2020||DATES|
|Application form of TS POLYCET releases||02 Mar 2020|
|Last date to fill the application form|
|Last date of submission with late fee Rs. 100/-|
|Release of Admit Card||To be announced!|
|Declaration of result|
Update on TS POLYCET 2020 New Exam Date
Candidates check the new update on the TS POLYCET 2020 Exam, the entrance exam will be conducted from July 01, 2020. Check the official website notice image is given below.
TS POLYCET 2020 Postponed and Application Extended due to COVID-19
Due to extension of lockdown in the state, last date to submit application form has been further extended. Check the official notification below.
Click here to download the official notice given above.
TS POLYCET 2020 Application Form
To appear for TS POLYCET, candidates have to fill an online application form. It can be filled through the official website or else candidates can obtain the form from the nearest helpline centre. Candidates must check the application form twice before submitting it as admit card is made out of the information available in the application form.
How to Apply Online?
Candidates can follow the given steps for filling the application form online.
Step 1: Visit the official website.
Step 2: Click on the application form link.
Step 3: Fill the form by entering details such as 10th Class Hall ticket No., Date of Birth, Name, Father’s name, contact details, email ID, test centre, caste certificate details and so on.
Step 4: Make the payment of the application fee.
Step 5: Lastly, take a print out of the filled application form, affix a recent passport size coloured photograph and visit the nearest helpline centre to complete your registration process.
Application Fee: The expected amount of application fee is given in the table below.
|General Category Candidates||Rs 400/-|
|SC/ST Category Candidates||Rs 250/-|
Mode of Payment: Candidates can make the payment of the application form online in case the application form is filled through the official website and in case, the form is obtained from the helpline centre then the payment should be made in cash.
Details to Enter in the TS POLYCET 2020 Application Form
- 10th standard Hall Ticket Number.
- Date of Birth.
- Father’s Name
- Address Details
- Test Centre (as per the candidate’s choice)
- Category Details
- Fill in the willingness to appear for the exam in Urdu Language
- Aadhar Card Number
TS POLYCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for the examination from below.
Common Eligibility Criteria:
- Nationality: Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Domicile: Candidate must belong to the state of Telangana/Andhra Pradesh.
For Engineering courses:
- Age Limit: There is no age limit for engineering courses
- Qualification: Candidate must have passed class 10th examination with minimum 35% marks with Mathematics as one of the subjects. A candidate who belongs from NIOS/TOSS/CBSE/ICSE/APOSS must have passed all the subjects including maths, physics and chemistry.
Eligibility of PJTSAU Agricultual Courses:
- Age Limit: Minimum age of the candidate should be 15 years and maximum age of the candidate should be 22 years
- Qualification: Candidate must have passed class 10th with science as one of the subjects. A candidate who belongs from NIOS/TOSS/CBSE/ICSE/APOSS must have obtained 35% in each of the following subjects – maths, physics, biology and chemistry.
Note: Candidates who are waiting for the result of class 10th or any other equivalent exam can also apply for TS POLYCET.
TS POLYCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates are selected on the basis of the merit they score in the written test of POLYCET. Candidates can check the scheme of examination from the below-given points.
- Mode of POLYCET: Pen and Paper based test
- Duration of the Exam: TS POLYCET is a total of 150 Minutes examination.
- Type of Questions: It includes MCQ based questions.
- Number of Questions: Total number of 150 questions are asked in the exam.
- Sections: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology are the four (4) sections of the POLYCET test.
- Marking Scheme: Each question is of one (1) mark.
Candidates can check the syllabus subjects and distribution of questions from the below-given table.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
Preparation Tips for TS POLYCET 2020
Candidates can follow the tips given below for preparing for TS POLYCET.
- Try to start your preparation as early as possible. By doing this you can avoid the last-minute rush.
- Allocate time to each subject and prepare according to it.
- Practice mock test as much as you can.
- Do make short notes every time you study.
- Stick to the syllabus and be the master of the subject you are already strong in.
TS POLYCET 2020 Qualifying Marks
Appearing candidates are required to secure minimum qualifying marks in order to qualify in TS POLYCET 2020. Check the qualifying marks details as given below:
- For admission into Polytechnics: 30% out of 120 marks (Chemistry, Physics, Maths)
- For admission into Agriculture Polytechnics: 30% out of 120 marks (Physics, Chemistry, Maths (60/2), Biology)
TS POLYCET 2020 Hall Ticket
Hall Ticket can be obtained only by those candidates who have filled the application form correctly and on time. TS POLYCET hall ticket is a mandatory document. It must be carried on the day of exam as hall ticket works as the entry ticket to the examination hall. Candidates can either get the admit card from the official website or from the helpline centre.
Details mentioned on the TS POLYCET 2020 Admit Card
- Candidate’s name
- Registration No
- Date of Birth
- Examination Date
- Examination Venue
- Examination Duration
- Reporting Time
TS POLYCET 2020 Result
The result of TS POLYCET is released within 15 days of the examination. Candidates can check the result online through official website, polycetts.nic.in. The marks obtained by the candidate are used for the purpose of assigning rank. Selection of the candidate is made on the basis of the merit of the candidate in the TS POLYCET 2020 exam. TS POLYCET is a state level exam and hence there are many candidates who attempt it.
Therefore, it is possible that two or more than two candidates end up scoring the same marks. In such a case, tie-breaking method is used. In tie-breaker method, marks of the following are considered for resolving the tie.
- Candidate with more number of marks in Biology is ranked higher.
- If a tie still persists, a candidate with more number of marks in Physics is ranked higher.
- If a tie still persists, then the tie is resolved on the basis chemistry marks.
- If a tie still persists, Date of Birth is considered to resolve it.
TS POLYCET 2020 Fee Structure
Candidates can check the fee structure for TS POLYCET 2020 from the given table:
TS POLYCET 2020 Counselling
Information regarding the TS POLYCET 2020 counselling will be published on the official website i.e. polycetts.nic.in and newspapers. No separate call letter will be issued to candidates for counselling round. Counselling for the PJTSAU is done separately by the university whereas the counselling for rest of the courses is done by SBTET. Candidates have to register themselves online for the web counselling.
About State Board of Technical Education and Training
The State Boardhnical Education and Training is formed under the authority of the Government of Telangana. The board formates the policies, review and revise the syllabus as per the requirements of the society, design new courses, provide training to the teachers and so on. The major areas in which the board deals with are –
- Curriculum and Academic Standards
- Examinations and Results
- Inspection and Affiliation
- Liaison with industry
- Growth and Development of Technical Education
About TS POLYCET
TS POLYCET is an exam conducted for admission in Engineering, Non-Engineering and Agriculture Polytechnic Diploma courses. The exam is held every year at state level. Admission of candidates is based on their score in the exam and eligibility criteria. Many Government, Government-Aided, Private Un-Aided Polytechnics colleges accept the score of TS POLYCET. There is no age restriction for attempting the exam.
Official Website: polycetts.nic.in
For more information about TS POLYCET 2020 – Download Information Brochure
TS POLYCET 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : State Board of Technical Education and Training is the conducting body of TS POLYCET.
Ans : The official website of TS POLYCET is polycetts.nic.in
Ans : TS POLYCET is conducted for admission in Engineering, Non-Engineering and Agriculture Polytechnic Diploma courses.
Ans : There are various Government, Government-Aided, Private Un-Aided Polytechnics, Engineering and PJTSAU colleges of Telangana which accept the score of TS POLYCET.
Ans : Candidate must have passed S.S.C examination conducted by State Board of Secondary Education or any other equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
Ans : TS POLYCET is a an offline exam. It is conducted on an OMR sheet.
Ans : There are a total number of 150 questions that are asked in the exam.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.