WBJEE 2018 Result has now been announced on May 23, 2018. The candidates who appeared for the entrance test can check their result online on the official website wbjeeb.in. Also, a direct link for checking the result is given on this page. To check the result the candidates have to enter their Application Number or Date of Birth/ Roll Number. The qualifiers of the WBJEE 2018 will be called for counselling process. The announcement of result will be followed by the preparation of merit list and the counselling process. Check complete details about the WBJEE 2018 Result from this page.
WBJEE 2018 Result
WBJEE 2018 Results has been announced. Qualified candidates will now be called for the counselling process. According to the rank obtained in the merit list, you will be offered choices for the college. Read this page to know about the important things of WBJEE 2018 Result.
- Result: Click Here to check the WBJEE 2018 Result
How should I check the WBJEE 2018 Result?
The candidates who have given the WBJEE 2018 Results can now check it with the help of the link provided on this page. They will have to follow some steps to do so. We are providing here all the detailed steps to check the WBJEE 2018 Results.
- Step 1: Click on the link given above to check WBJEE 2018 Results.
- Step 2: A new window will pop up. Here at this step, the candidate will have to enter the following details: application number, date of birth/ roll number.
- Step 3: Click on Submit button after entering all the above details.
- Step 4: WBJEE 2018 result will be in front of the person. The candidate has to download the scorecard of WBJEE 2018. This rank card will be used for the counselling process.
What Details will be there in WBJEE 2018 Rank Card?
The rank card of WBJEE 2018 which the candidate has downloaded will contain the following details:
- Roll Number of the candidate
- Application number of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- Name of the candidate
- Marks obtained in Mathematics – Paper 1
- Marks obtained in Physics and Chemistry – Paper 2
- Total marks secured in the examination
- Rank obtained by the candidate
- General Merit Rank
- Category Rank, if applicable
- Remarks: whether eligible for the counselling process or not.
All those who have downloaded the WBJEE 2018 Rank card will have to check theirs for all the details which have been mentioned above. Note that, Ranks cards with scores will be issued to all candidates, who appeared in the exam, but all may not be awarded a rank and hence may not be eligible for e-counselling, for which the cutoffs will be determined later.
What to do if the WBJEE 2018 Rank Card is lost?
WBJEE 2018 Rank Card has now been released for the candidates who applied for the exam. They should keep the rank card carefully with them till the counselling process gets over. It has to be kept in mind by the candidates that duplicate rank cards cannot be generated at any later stage after completion of e-counselling and admission conducted by the Board.
However, if a candidate wants to have a duplicate rank card even after completion of counselling procedure and admission conducted by the Board, they can do so. They will have to pay a fee within the given time.
What has to be done?
In order to get a duplicate rank card of WBJEE 2018, the candidate has to apply to the Board and pay a processing fee of Rs. 500. The payment to the board will be done in the form of a bank draft. The bank draft will be payable at “West Bengal Joint Entrance
Examinations Board”, Kolkata.
Candidates have to keep in mind that this process has to be done before the last date. The last date to get the WBJEE 2018 Rank Card is July 31, 2018. After this date, candidates’ request for the duplicate rank cards will not be entertained under any circumstances.
WBJEE 2018 Merit List
In the WBJEE 2018, 2 merit lists will be prepared according to the papers which the candidates are appeared for. Check the details below:
General Merit List (GMR)-
- This will be prepared for those who attempted both the papers i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Through this rank, the candidate will be able to take admissions to all the Engineering, Technological, Architecture and pharmacy courses across all the colleges.
- Students will be placed in the merit list in order of total marks scored in all the subjects.
- Counselling will be done on the basis of GMR only.
- Separate reserved category rank will also be given for the candidates.
Pharmacy Merit Rank (PMR):
- It will be prepared for all those students who gave Paper 2 of WBJEE.
- Except for Jadavpur University, the candidates will be allowed to take admissions to the Pharmacy courses in all the colleges.
- PMR will be used for the counselling process.
- Separate merit position for the students of reserved categories will be indicated as well.
How will these ranks be given?
GMR will be given to all those candidates who have appeared for both Paper 1 and Paper 2. If the aspirant has appeared for only Paper 2, they will be given PMR. However, there is one important thing which the candidate has to keep in mind. Those who appear for just Paper 1 will not be awarded any of the ranks.
WBJEE 2018 Counselling
The counselling of WBJEE 2018 will be conducted after the results have been declared for the same. Only those candidates will be eligible for the counselling process who are “Qualified”. Qualified means that the student has scored the minimum or more than the minimum cutoff percentile in the WBJEE 2018.
Thye will be sent information about the counselling details. The WBJEE 2018 Counselling will be conducted online. All the necessary information about the process will be available on the official website. List of course-wise and institute wise availability of seats will be given by the official authorities. It will be published before the counselling and allotment for the candidates. All this will be available on the official website.
During the counselling, candidates will have to mark and submit their choices for the colleges and the respective courses according to the rank which they obtained in the exam. After the submission, the students will have to report to the Reporting Centres. Here, the verification of the credentials of the students will be done.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.