CLAT 2017 Application Form can be filled from 1 January 2017 onwards. Application form of CLAT 2017 is issued by the National Law University conducting Common Law Admission Test. Eligible candidates can apply for CLAT 2017 UG (for BA LLB programme) or PG (for LLM programme). The process of CLAT application form submission involves filling important details, uploading documents and paying application fees.
Latest – Online application form of CLAT 2017 is available.
Get here complete details of CLAT 2017 application form such as how to apply, application fees, and other information.
CNLU is conducting the Common Law Admission Test, CLAT 2017, this year. Application form of CLAT 2017 will be available on the official website as per schedule.
|Beginning of CLAT 2017 application form submission||01 Jan 2017|
|Last date to submit online form||31 Mar 2017|
|Date of exam||14 May 2017|
CLAT 2017 Application Form
Eligible candidates can fill and submit the CLAT 2017 application form for seeking admissions to under-graduate and post-graduate degree programmes (LLB & LLM) in the National Law Universities. Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. Candidates can apply online from the link will be provided below as per official announcement.
Get CLAT 2017 Application Form here:- Click here to apply online for CLAT 2017.
This year the CLAT Application Fee is same as last year. Fee amount for each category is as follows.
|SC / ST||Rs 3500|
|General / OBC / Specially abled persons (SAP)||Rs 4000|
Age criteria: It is hereby clarified that in conformity with the Judgment of the Hon’ble Supreme Court and the resolution No. BCI:D:1519(LE: Cir)-6 dated 17 Sep 2016 of the Bar Council of India the Core Committee CLAT 2017 has restored the upper age limit for CLAT 2017 as follows:-
The candidates to be eligible to appear in CLAT 2017
- should be below Twenty (20) Years of age as on 1 Jul 2017 for candidates belonging to unreserved categories and
- should be below Twenty Two (22) years of age as on 1 Jul 2017 for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Specially Ablest Persons (SAP/P/VD) categories.
No representations in this regard shall be entertained by CLAT 2017.
Preference order of NLUs in CLAT Application Form
At the time of filling up form, you will submit preference order of National Law University (NLU).
Carefully fill up this data as later on you cannot change preference order. Based on merit obtained in CLAT 2017 exam (all India Rank) and this preference order, you will get offer of seat.
Procedure for filling up the Application Form for CLAT 2017
- You can submit application form for CLAT 2017 online only.
- In order to apply for Common Law Admission Test, access CLAT online form at official website www.clat.ac.in. In the first place, you will register by creating a LOGIN account; use a valid e-mail ID for registration. Next, you will get login ID and password by email and SMS.
- CNLU is releasing application form on 01st January 2017. All interested candidates can fill up entries in application form and save the same before finally submitting it. There is no need to send hard copy of filled in CLAT 2017 online application form to the CLAT Office.
- It is important to realize that before hitting submit, applicant should check that all data in application form is correct and also that data matches official documents.
- If you have any confusion or seek information regarding CLAT 2017 or NLU Admission 2017, you can check official websites of NLUs and information brochure there.
- One of the steps in CLAT online form 2017 is upload of self-attested scanned copies of relevant certificates. Hence, gather relevant documents and scan them before filling up form.
How to Apply?
CLAT 2017 Application Form can be filled in these four simple steps. Candidate should understand the CLAT Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form. Candidate should also read the information brochure carefully before to understand each and every step in detail.
- Step 1 – Register online at www.clat.ac.in by entering general details of the candidate.
- Step 2 – Login to application form using enrolment / user ID and password. Fill in details asked in the CLAT Application Form 2017.
- Step 3 – Upload required documents such as photograph, signature, DOB proof, category and domicile certificates.
- Step 4 – Pay application fee.
CLAT 2017 Application Form is to be submitted online. Documents you may require while filling up the form are as follows.
- Photograph: Scanned in image format, of specific dimension and size between.
- Signature: Also scanned in image format, of specific size and dimension.
- Date of birth Proof: Such as Birth certificate, X standard certificate or Passport.
- Category / PwD Certificate / State Domicile.
- Qualifying exam certificate: For UG Programme, you will need scanned copy of qualifying Exam for the proof of XII standard mark sheet / certificate for passing candidate. For PG Programme upload scanned copy of qualifying Exam for the proof of LLB / a five year integrated LLB / any other equivalent degree mark sheet / certificate for passing candidate.
|CLAT Application Form 2017||Links|
|New Registration – Application Form||Click here to first register and then fill the online CLAT 2017 Application Form.|
|Log in – CLAT Application Form||Click here to log in, if already registered.|
|CLAT Support||For CLAT-2017 examination related queries call 0612-2361114, 2361115 & 2361116 on working days from 10 AM to 4 PM
Email at [email protected]
Registration for CLAT
In order to submit the CLAT Registration, you will be required to enter the following details.
- Name of candidate – As it appears in the class 10 certificate.
- Email ID – Which can be accessed by candidate frequently. Only one candidate can be registered with one E-mail address.
- Mobile number – Candidate should provide his/her personal mobile number because most of the communications may also be sent via SMS.
- Password – Select a difficult-to-guess password to ensure your account is not accessed by others.
Once registered, candidate will receive an E-mail and SMS containing CAPS enrolment ID. Candidate needs to use this CAPS enrolment ID along with the CAPS password for all CLAT related communications or website operations.
CLAT Application Form For NRI / NRI Sponsored
FOR NRI/NRI Sponsored seats, the applicants are advised to refer to the brochures of the concerned NLUs for more details. All NRI/NRI Sponsored Category candidates have to appear for the CLAT-2017 examination. However, the Foreign Nationals need not appear for the CLAT-2017 examination and they shall directly apply to the concerned universities.
Filling in details in the CLAT Application Form
Once registered, check your email for the CLAT Enrolment ID. Log in to the CLAT Online Application Processing System (CAPS) using the ID and password. Now, details need to be filled in the form as follows.
- Personal information – Name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number.
- Address for Communication including PIN code.
- Choice of CLAT Examination Cities.
- Details of a valid ID Proof that you will carry to the examination hall.
Once the details are filled, you will be required to upload the documents.
|Document||Dimension||File Size||Pixel Resolution|
|Passport Size Color Photograph,
in white or very light background. (JPEG)
|30 mm × 45 mm print
(Width x Height)
|less than 100 KB||(240 x 320) Min
(480 x 640) Max
|Signature with black or dark blue ink pen (JPEG)||7 cm × 2 cm
(Width x Height)
|less than 80 KB||(280 × 80) Min
(560 × 160) Max
Payment of application fee for CLAT Application Form
You can make the requisite payment through Online Mode
- A candidate can choose to pay through online payment mode only. He/she will be able to make the payment using his/her net banking account, debit or credit cards, until the last date.
- The charges may vary depending on the payment option.
Once the payment is done, you may print the filled in form. After CAPS acknowledges the successful payment of the application fee (through Online/Challan), the candidate will be able to download the complete filled in CLAT application form with fee payment details in .pdf format. This file can be printed for the candidate’s personal records and for further communications.
Application form of CLAT- Documents to be Uploaded with CLAT Application Form
The scanned photocopies of the documents to be uploaded in the PDF format by a candidate depending on the applicability are:
- Certificate of impairment for Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and Scribe Declaration Form by the Scribe in the prescribed format.
The certificates/documents listed above are essential requirements for admission to the UG and PG courses, if applicable to any candidate.
Following documents need to be uploaded, as per eligibility.
- Category Certificate (SC/ST/OBC).
- Disability Certificate (Persons With Disability, P.W.D.).
- Special Category certificate like E.B.C.; B.C.; W.B.C.; D.F.F.; S.E.B.C.; Ancestral residents of village Sidhuwal, District Patiala; Son / Daughter of Defense Personnel Deployed in U.P. or Defense Personnel of U.P. either retired or killed/ disabled in action; Dependant of Freedom Fighter of U.P. and Kashmiri Migrant.
- Certificates in support of one’s claim for NRI/NRI Sponsored Candidate.
- Domicile Certificate in support of one’s claim for consideration under State Quota.
How to fill Online CLAT Application Form Explained
Candidates can apply for CLAT-2017 ONLINE only. Candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully before filling the Online Application Form. CAPS (CLAT Online Application Processing System)
The candidates can do most of their interactions with CLAT through the CAPS interface provided at CLAT-2017 website. Through CAPS, a candidate can register and apply for CLAT- 2017 examination, check the status of the application, download the admit card, know the result and they can also download the result and score card.
An online interface is provided for applicant’s interaction with the CLAT office. With this interface, an applicant can
- Make Registration using “New User Register here”
- Fill the online application form
- Upload photograph and signature and other documents, if any, in the appropriate place
- Pay the application fee either by ONLINE mode only (Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card)
- Download Admit Card.
- Download previous year question papers (After the payment of requisite fee of Rs. 400/-)
- View his Marks and CLAT Rank
The login to this interface is through your Registered ID and Password. The Candidates are advised to keep this information safe and not disclose it to anyone.
Information/Document Requirements before filling online Application Form
Before registering and logging in to CAPS, a candidate is advised to keep the following information/documents ready:
- Personal information (name, E-mail address, mobile number, date of birth, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number, etc.).
- Address for communication (including PIN code).
- Essential Qualification details (Percentage of marks/CGPA, University/college information).
- Programme in which the candidate wishes to appear (UG Course or PG Course).
- Three choices of CLAT examination cities.
- Front facing Passport size clear photograph of the Candidate with clear lenses (3.5 cms x 4.5 cms) [JPG Format, size not more than 100 KB].
- Signature of candidate [JPG Format, size not more than 80 KB]
- Scanned copy of SAP Certificate in PDF/JPG/JPEG format only (if applicable)
Step-1: Registration at CAPS
A candidate who wishes to apply for CLAT-2017 examination is required to register on the CAPS website, by providing his/her name, father’s name, mother’s name, guardian’s name, date of birth, a valid E-mail address, a working mobile number and a password. Please note that Name of the Candidate, Date of birth, Father’s name, Mother’s name, Guardian’s Name, Email Address and Mobile Number (10 digits) cannot be changed at the later stage; hence they must be carefully verified and confirmed before submission. For registration, the candidate is required to follow the following steps:
- The candidate is required to click on “Register Yourself” and fill his / her name as it appears in the ID Proof. The ID proof is required to be produced at the Entrance of the Examination Venue. The Candidate is required to fill parents’ names and date of birth carefully.
- The candidate is required to fill an E-mail address which he/she uses and checks frequently, as all communications to the candidate from CLAT-2017 may be sent to this E-mail address. The candidate must not use somebody else’s E-mail address and only one candidate can be registered with one E-mail address.
- The candidate should provide his/her personal mobile number because most of the communications may also be sent via SMS.
- Upon successful registration, an E-mail containing CAPS User ID and Password will be sent to the E-mail address and Mobile number provided by the candidate.
Step-2: Filling in the Application Form
After when User Id and Password is received, Candidate can apply online by logging into his / her LOGIN account. A Candidate can LOGIN by clicking on “Already Registered”, and login with User ID and Password sent to him / her on the registered email ID / Mobile. Candidate is required to keep the following information ready:
- Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number etc.)
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Choice of CLAT Examination Cities
- Good quality front facing photograph of the Candidate with clear lenses (30 mm x 45 mm) (size not more than 100 KB, JPG/JPEG format) and Signature of the candidate (maximum 80 KB in JPG/JPEG format)
- Scanned copy of supporting document of SAP Certificate, if applicable, or any other, in PDF format only), Scribe Declaration form in case of SAP Candidates; For details, please refer to “supporting documents”).
After filling in the required information, the candidate has to upload the image files (in JPG / JPEG format) of photograph and signature, scanned copy of SAP certificate if applicable (in PDF format), Scribe Declaration form in case of SAP candidates.
The CAPS website allows for saving a partially filled in application form, logout and resume filling in by logging in again. Do not SUBMIT the application until it is filled completely. Incomplete applications shall not be considered.
The candidate can now proceed to make the application fee payment. The details of the application fee are given below in “Payment of the Application Fee” section.
The candidate should check for the correctness of the entered information and uploaded documents. If not satisfied, he/she can correct the entries and upload the files again. After ensuring that there is no error in the application form and all the relevant and valid documents are uploaded, the candidate must carefully read the declaration and accept the declaration before submitting the application. Once the candidate submits his/her application, then no further changes can be made to the application. After the application form is submitted, the candidate can view the submitted details.
Any application which is incomplete in any respect and does not have the required valid documents will be summarily rejected. The candidates must take care to fill in the details in the application form correctly and must upload the correct and valid documents, including signatures and photographs.
The candidates are advised to visit the ‘FAQ’ section on the CLAT-2017 Website. For any further assistance/queries candidates can email or call CLAT-2017 helpdesk.
Step-3: Payment of the Application Fee
The details of the application fee are given below. The application fee is non-refundable.
- SC/ST Category – Rs. 3500/-
- Unreserved/SAP/OBC/ any other category – Rs. 4500/-
*The application fee can be paid only through Online. Additional bank charges may apply for the above transactions to be borne by the candidate.
Online Payment Mode:
- The candidate will be able to make the payment using his/her net-banking account, debit or credit cards. The charges may vary depending on the payment option.
- From the CLAT Online Application Interface, you will be redirected to a bank you choose.
- You will have to login with your bank’s Netbanking (or Internet Banking) user ID and password.
- The fee amount and bank charges will be shown to you, and you have to confirm that the payment is for CLAT- 2017.
- Once you confirm, you will be redirected back to the CLAT Online Application Interface.
Step-4: Downloading the Application Form
After CAPS acknowledges the successful payment of the application fee through Online, the candidate will be able to download the complete filled in application form with fee payment details in PDF format. This file can be printed for the candidate’s personal records and for further communications. Print out of the form is not required to be sent to CLAT Office.
On the submission of application form, message will appear that the candidate has successfully submitted the application for CLAT-2017
The candidate must remember User ID and password, and must login periodically to see the status of his/ her application, to download the admit card and to know the results later. He/She is also advised to keep visiting CLAT website for updates and other information.
Document Specifications Photograph Requirements
- The candidates must pay attention to upload good quality photographs. Poor quality of photographs submitted will lead to rejection of their CLAT application, without any refund of the application fees. The CLAT admit card and score card will be generated with the photograph that was submitted along with the application form.
- The photograph must be in colour and must be taken in a professional studio.
- Ask the photo studio to provide the image in a JPEG format and also on a standard 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm print (Width x Height).
- Maximum pixel resolution for JPEG: 480 x 640 (100 KB) (Ask the studio to reduce it to this resolution if it is higher).
- File size should be less than or equal to 100 KB
- Minimum pixel resolution for JPEG: 240 x 320.
- Photograph must be taken with white or very light background.
- The photograph must have been taken on or after 1st January 2017.
- In the photograph, the height of the face (between chin and the top of the forehead) should occupy about 50% of the height of the photograph.
- If the candidate normally wears spectacles, glare on glasses is not acceptable in his/her photo. Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses or by removing the glasses for the photo shoot.
- The candidate must not wear spectacles with dark or tinted glasses, only clear glasses are permitted.
- Please draw a rectangular box of size 7 cm × 2 cm (Width x Height) on an A4 white paper. The candidate should put his/her signature with black or dark blue ink pen within this box.
- Get the signature digitally image scanned by a professional using a scanner, and get the image cropped to the box by the professional.
- Maintain 420 pixels in width and 120 pixels in height and of maximum 80 KB size.
- Only JPG / JPEG image formats will be accepted.
- The maximum pixel resolution for the image is 560 × 160.
- The minimum pixel resolution for the image is 280 × 80.
- Photographs of the signatures taken using mobile phone or digital cameras are not acceptable, and can result in disqualification of the application without any refund of the fee.
For SAP candidates with any category of disability (viz., blindness or low vision, hearing impairment, locomotor disability, and/or cerebral palsy), benefit will be given to only those who have at least 40% permanent physical impairment with respect to a body part / system / extremity / whole body, etc. In order to avail concession under the SAP category, the candidates should upload a recently obtained valid SAP certificate.
A SAP candidate, if needed, can take the assistance of a Scribe during the CLAT-2017 examination. Scribe is a person who can assist the SAP candidate by ONLY reading the instructions and the test paper displayed on the computer screen verbatim, and also in mouse-clicks, if the candidate is not able to do so. If the scribe is needed, then a SAP candidate should confirm the requirement of a scribe while filling up the application. SAP candidates are required to fill in a declaration form from the Scribe and upload the same.
Candidates are advised to check that they fulfil eligibility conditions, requisite marks, requisite grades, etc as stipulated in CLAT rules. CLAT office and organising University shall not be responsible for any inconvenience or loss caused.
Appearing in CLAT-2017 does not confer on any candidate right to admission. Admission is subject to verification of documents, minimum qualifications and other eligibility conditions prescribed in CLAT rules.
For other instructions please refer to e-brochure.
If you have any queries regarding CLAT Application Form, please ask in comments below.