Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board has released notification from eligible candidates for Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination 2016 (JCECE 2016) which is scheduled to be held on 12 Jun 2016, who are citizen of India and Local / Permanent Resident of Jharkhand for admission in 1st year / semester of following Degree level courses in academic session 2016-17.
Latest Update – JCECE 2016 Admit card is now available for download. Check the ‘Admit card’ link below.
- PCM Group – B.E / B.Tech / B.Sc Agriculture / B.Sc Forestry
- PCB Group – MBBS / BDS / B.Sc Agriculture / B.Sc Forestry / BV.Sc & A.H / BHMS
- PCMB Group – B.E / B.Tech / MBBS / BDS / BV.Sc & A.H / B.Sc Agriculture / B.Sc Forestry / BHMS
Those candidates who are interested in appearing in the Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination 2016 (JCECE 2016) have to fill their application as per schedule in online/offline mode from official website jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in. Admit Card will be able to download after the application process is over. Candidates can check the complete details regarding JCECE 2016 application process, eligibility criteria and other important information through this page below.
Schedule for JCECE 2016 is given below.
|Availability of Application form||16 Apr 2016 (from 11.30 am)|
|Last date for submission of online application||02 Jun 2016|
|Availability of Admit Card||07 Jun 2016|
|Date of Entrance Exam||
Rescheduled to 12 June 2016
|Declaration of Result||Last week of June 2016|
Notified on 26 May 2016
JCECE 2016 Eligibility Criteria
|Name of Course||Educational Eligibility||Age Limit|
|BE / B.Tech||10+2* with 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics taken together||No Maximum / Minimum Age limit|
|MBBS / BDS||10+2* with pass individually in Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English and 50% marks (40% for reserved category) in Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together in 10+2 and JCECE 2016||Minimum 17 years on or before 31.12.2016|
|B.V.Sc & A.H||10+2* with 50% marks (40% for reserved category) in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English taken together||Minimum 17 years on or before 31.12.2016|
|B.Sc (Agriculture) & B.Sc (Forestry)||10+2* with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics / Biology||Minimum 17 years & Maximum 22 years on 01.07.2016 (Relaxation of 3 years in Maximum age for SC/ST)|
|BHMS||10+2* with English, Physics, Chemistr & Biology||Minimum 17 years on or before 31.12.2016|
Note – *means Appearing in or Pass out.
The applicant must be a citizen of India and Local/Permanent resident of Jharkhand. The policy determination for issuing Local Resident certificate for admission in Educational Institutes has been laid down in the notification Memo No. 5/vividh -09/2001(Domicile) Ka. 2691/Ranchi dated 29/4/02 of “Personnel, Administrative Reforms and Rajbhasa Department”, Govt. of Jharkhand. The Notification copy ts available on the home page of Board’s website under Downloads column. A candidate will have to submit/ show Permanent or Local Resident certificate in proper format in ORIGINAL at the time of counselling, issued by competent authority Sub Divisional Officer – (Civil) or Dy. Commissioner of Jharkhand State) The Residentail certificate issued by any other authority will not be considered and his / her claim will be refused.
JCECE Exam Pattern
Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination O.C.E.C.E.) – 2016 will be conducted on Sunday as per schedule. The subject-wise timing & duration of examination are as follows:-
- Biology – 09.00 am to 10.00 am (1 hr)
- Physics & Chemistry – 10.15 am to 12.15 pm (2 hr)
- Mathematics – 12.30 pm to 1.300 pm (1 hr)
The Group-wise timing is as follows:
- PCM Group – 10.15 am to 01.30 pm
- PCB Group – 09.00 am to 12.15 pm
- PCMB Group – 09.00 am to 01.30 pm
|Subject Group||Subjects||Number of Questions||Type of Questions|
|PCM||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Physics – 50
Chemistry – 50
Mathematics – 50
|PCB||Physics, Chemistry & Biology||Physics – 50
Chemistry – 50
Biology – 50
|PCMB||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology||Physics – 50
Chemistry – 50
Mathematics – 50
Biology – 50
Scoring and Marking
- Each question carries 1 mark. For each correct response the candidate will get 1 mark. For each incorrect response, 1/4 marks will be deducted from the total score. No deduction from the total score will, however, be made if no response is indicated for a question in the answer sheet. The candidates are advised not to attempt such question in answer sheet, if they are not sure of the correct response. More than one answer indicated a question will be deemed as incorrect response and will be negatively marked.
- For the purpose of evaluation, the Question Booklet code as printed in the OMR Answer Sheet on side-2 will be accepted as final.
Language of the Question Papers
Question Paper consists of both English and in Hindi language.
In case of any ambiguity in translation of any of the questions, its English version shall be treated as final.
- List of district headquarters town where the J.C.E.C.E. – 2016 (PCM Group) will be conducted are Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Dumka, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh and Bokaro. J.C.E.C.E. -2016 (PCB & PCMB Group) will be conducted only at Ranchi.
- The Candidate should select Two Convenient town for the entrance Test.
- Though every effort will be made to allot a centre in one of the towns selected by the candidate, yet the Board reserves its discretion to allot a centre other than the candidate’s choice.
- Allotment of centre is made by Computer and there is no human intervention.
Sujbect Groups for JCECE 2016
P.C.M. Group – A candidate who has passed/appearing in I.Sc / 10+2 or equivalent examination with subjects Physics, Chemistry and Matbernatics and is interested in appearing in the Competitive Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathcmarics, then he/she will be called PCM Group and He/She will have to give answer the question of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in the exarrunanon.
P.C.B. Group – A candidate who has passed/appearing in I.Sc / 10+2 or equivalent examination with subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology and is interested in appearing in the Competitive Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, then he/ she will be called PCB Group and He/She will have to give answer the question of Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects in the examination.
P.C.M.B. Group – A candidate who has passed/appearing in I.Sc / 10+2 or equivalent examination with subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology as well as keeping Mathematics as an extra subject and is interested in appearing in the Competitive Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics, then he/ she will be called PCMB Group and He/She will have to give answer the question of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology subjects in the examination.
For more detail of JCECE 2016 – Download Information Brochure.