Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board looks after all processes involved in Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination 2017 (JCECE 2017) which will be held on May 2017. JCECE 2017 is for all eligible candidates who are citizen of India and Local / Permanent Resident of Jharkhand for admission in 1st year / semester of following Degree level courses in academic session 2017-18.
- PCM Group – B.E / B.Tech / B.Sc Agriculture / B.Sc Forestry
- PCMB Group – B.E / B.Tech / BV.Sc & A.H / B.Sc Agriculture / B.Sc Forestry / BHMS
Aadhar card is mandatory to apply for JCECE 2017.
Those candidates who are interested in appearing in the Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination 2017 (JCECE 2017) filled their application as per schedule in online/offline mode from official website jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in. Admit Card was available for download after the application process got over. Candidates can check the complete details regarding JCECE 2017 application process, eligibility criteria and other important information through this page below.
JCECE Result 2017 is being announced online at jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in. Students who appeared for JCECE 2017 on Jun 2017 can know result by logging in to official website’s result page.
Thereafter, using rank obtained as indicated in result of JCECE 2017, students can participate in counselling for admission and seat allotment.
Schedule for JCECE 2017 is given below.
|Availability of JCECE 2017 application form||03 Apr 2017|
|Last date for submission of application forms||24 Apr 2017|
|Date of examination||07 May 2017|
|Date of Result declaration||22 May 2017|
|Expected Date of 1st Counselling||1st Week of June 2017|
|Expected Date of 2nd Counselling||Last Week of June 2017|
Candidates please note that JCECE 2017 have not been officially announced yet. Details given on this page as per last year’s exam brochure and is only for reference. Information has been provided so that candidates who have started looking for JCECE 2017 can get an idea of how the exam is held. As soon as JCECE 2017 information brochure is released, details will be updated here.
JCECE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Last year eligibility criteria is given below.
|Name of Course||Educational Eligibility||Age Limit|
|BE / B.Tech||10+2* with 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics taken together||No Maximum / Minimum Age limit|
|B.V.Sc & A.H||10+2* with 50% marks (40% for reserved category) in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English taken together||Minimum 17 years|
|B.Sc (Agriculture) & B.Sc (Forestry)||10+2* with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics / Biology||Minimum 17 years & Maximum 22 years (Relaxation of 3 years in Maximum age for SC/ST)|
|BHMS||10+2* with English, Physics, Chemistr & Biology||Minimum 17 years|
Note – *means Appearing in or Pass out.
The applicant must be a citizen of India and Local/Permanent resident of Jharkhand. The policy determination for issuing Local Resident certificate for admission in Educational Institutes has been laid down in the notification Memo No. 5/vividh -09/2001(Domicile) Ka. 2691/Ranchi dated 29/4/02 of “Personnel, Administrative Reforms and Rajbhasa Department”, Govt. of Jharkhand. The Notification copy ts available on the home page of Board’s website under Downloads column. A candidate will have to submit/ show Permanent or Local Resident certificate in proper format in ORIGINAL at the time of counselling, issued by competent authority Sub Divisional Officer – (Civil) or Dy. Commissioner of Jharkhand State) The Residentail certificate issued by any other authority will not be considered and his / her claim will be refused.
JCECE Exam Pattern
Last year exam pattern is given below.
Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination O.C.E.C.E.) – 2017 will be conducted as per schedule. The subject-wise timing & duration of examination are as follows:-
- Biology – 09.00 am to 10.00 am (1 hr)
- Physics & Chemistry – 10.15 am to 12.15 pm (2 hr)
- Mathematics – 12.30 pm to 1.300 pm (1 hr)
The Group-wise timing is as follows:
- PCM Group – 10.15 am to 01.30 pm
- PCB Group – 09.00 am to 12.15 pm
- PCMB Group – 09.00 am to 01.30 pm
|Subject Group||Subjects||Number of Questions||Type of Questions|
|PCM||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Physics – 50
Chemistry – 50
Mathematics – 50
|PCB||Physics, Chemistry & Biology||Physics – 50
Chemistry – 50
Biology – 50
|PCMB||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology||Physics – 50
Chemistry – 50
Mathematics – 50
Biology – 50
Scoring and Marking
- Each question carries 1 mark. For each correct response the candidate will get 1 mark. For each incorrect response, 1/4 marks will be deducted from the total score. No deduction from the total score will, however, be made if no response is indicated for a question in the answer sheet. The candidates are advised not to attempt such question in answer sheet, if they are not sure of the correct response. More than one answer indicated a question will be deemed as incorrect response and will be negatively marked.
- For the purpose of evaluation, the Question Booklet code as printed in the OMR Answer Sheet on side-2 will be accepted as final.
Language of the Question Papers
Question Paper consists of both English and in Hindi language.
In case of any ambiguity in translation of any of the questions, its English version shall be treated as final.
- List of district headquarters town where the J.C.E.C.E. – 2017 (PCM Group) will be conducted are Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Dumka, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh and Bokaro. J.C.E.C.E. -2017 (PCB & PCMB Group) will be conducted only at Ranchi.
- The Candidate should select Two Convenient town for the entrance Test.
- Though every effort will be made to allot a centre in one of the towns selected by the candidate, yet the Board reserves its discretion to allot a centre other than the candidate’s choice.
- Allotment of centre is made by Computer and there is no human intervention.
Sujbect Groups for JCECE 2017
P.C.M. Group – A candidate who has passed/appearing in I.Sc / 10+2 or equivalent examination with subjects Physics, Chemistry and Matbernatics and is interested in appearing in the Competitive Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathcmarics, then he/she will be called PCM Group and He/She will have to give answer the question of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in the exarrunanon.
P.C.B. Group – A candidate who has passed/appearing in I.Sc / 10+2 or equivalent examination with subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology and is interested in appearing in the Competitive Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, then he/ she will be called PCB Group and He/She will have to give answer the question of Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects in the examination.
P.C.M.B. Group – A candidate who has passed/appearing in I.Sc / 10+2 or equivalent examination with subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology as well as keeping Mathematics as an extra subject and is interested in appearing in the Competitive Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics, then he/ she will be called PCMB Group and He/She will have to give answer the question of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology subjects in the examination.
For more detail of JCECE Candidates can refer the last year Information Brochure.