NCHMCT JEE 2014
The National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology will conduct the NCHMCT JEE 2014 on 26 April 2014 for admission to B.Sc Hospitality & Hotel Administration for 2014-15 academic session. Candidates can find here details of the exam such as dates, eligibility, application form, cut offs and more.
Admission shall be based on marks obtained by the candidate in All India (Written Test) JEE-examination to be held on 26 April 2014(Saturday). Allotment of Institute shall strictly be in order of merit & rank. No group discussions or personal interviews are involved in this admission process.
NCHMCT JEE 2014 Important Information
- Application Form
- Admit Card
- Information Brochure
- Exam Centers
- Opening and Closing Ranks 2013
- College Predictor
- Sample Questions
NCHM Counselling 2014
NCHMCT JEE 2014 Important Dates
|Application Form Available Online||05 December 2013 to 07 April 2014 (Monday)|
|Last Date for receipt of filled-in form||07 April 2014 (Monday)|
|Availability of Admit Cards on NCHMCT website||19th April 2014 (Saturday) (1400 hours) onwards|
|Written Examination (JEE 2014)||26 April 2014 (Saturday)|
|Timings of JEE 2014||1000 Hrs to 1300 Hrs (3 hours)|
|Result of JEE on website||2nd Week of May, 2014|
|Conduct of Counselling||1st week of June, 2014|
|Commencement of Academic Session||28 July, 2014|
NCHMCT JEE 2014 Exam Pattern
Pattern for Written Examination
|S.N||Subject||No. of Questions|
|1||Numerical Ability and Scientific Aptitude||30|
|2||Reasoning and Logical Deduction||30|
|3||General Knowledge & Current Affairs||30|
|5||Aptitude for Service Sector||50|
Marking Scheme for JEE Written Test
Each correct answer under Numerical Ability & Scientific Aptitude, Reasoning & Logical Deduction, General Knowledge & Current Affairs and English Language component carry one mark. For any wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted. Graded mark(s) will be awarded under Aptitude for Service Sector component i.e. 0.25, 0.5, 0.75 & 1.00. The most appropriate answer carries one mark.
Course offered: B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
About Bachelor of Science programme in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
The Bachelor of Science programme in Hospitality and Hotel Administration is offered jointly by the National Council for Hotel Management (NCHMCT) and the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). The Three-Year programme equips students with all the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge supervisory responsibilities in the Hospitality sector. The programme also involves in-depth laboratory work for students to acquire required knowledge and skills standards in the operational areas of Food Production, Food and Beverage Service, Front Office Operation and House Keeping. The programme imparts substantial management inputs in area such as Sales and Marketing, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Hotel and Catering Law, Property Management, Entrepreneurship Development, Computers with special focus on Tourism Studies.
About National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology
National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology (NCHMCT) is an autonomous body under Ministry of Tourism, Government of India. The Council centrally regulates academics for B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Administration and eleven other structured courses of study that are imparted at the existing 21 Central Institutes of Hotel Management, 14 State Government Institutes of Hotel Management and 15 Private Institutes of Hotel Management affiliated with NCHMCT. Five Food Craft Institutes located in different parts of the country offer Diploma programs in specific operational areas. All Institutes follow standardised course curricula prescribed by the Council for different professional programs.
Quality of education and training provided by the Institutes help students to emerge as professionally qualified personnel for hospitality and other allied service sectors. The Council has till date trained more than 53,000 Hospitality Managers, Executives and other operational personnel. Its alumni from affiliated Institutes occupy key positions in hospitality industry as well as in teaching institutions both in India and abroad.
Details in brief
- The NCHMCT offers B.Sc. in Hospitality & Hotel Administration as a six semester programme at all its affiliated institutes.
- It also offers Specialization at seven of its institutes located at Bengaluru, Chennai, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pusa-Delhi.
- The candidates will write the All India Entrance Examination which is common for admission to both programmes.
- For Specialization, limited seats are available at each of the seven institutes and are offered based on performance in the 1st and 2nd semester examination. Selection is made based on merit-cum-choice.
- Students can opt for any one of the three areas of Specialization viz. Food Production Management, Food & Beverage Management and Accommodation Operation Management.
- While the first three semesters are common for all the students, specialization is offered from the 4th semester onwards. No change of stream of specialization can be made after allocation.
- In order to become eligible for award of degree in B.Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration by IGNOU, students must complete the NCHMCT component as full time candidates in the affiliated Institutes of Hotel Management as well as clear the credit papers offered by IGNOU during the course of study.
If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.