NCHMCT JEE 2017 is Joint Entrance Examination conducted by the National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology. Admission to more than 7500 seats in B.Sc Hospitality and Hotel Administration program is offered through NCHMCT JEE 2017 All India Ranks (AIR) in participating Institutes of Hotel Managements. Eligible candidates can fill the application form of NCHMCT 2017 as per schedule.
Get here complete details of NCHMCT JEE 2017 dates, eligibility, application form, admit card, results, seats, counselling.
NCHMCT JEE 2017
All India Hotel Management Joint Entrance Examination 2017, the NCHMCT JEE 2017 is for B.Sc Hospitality and Hotel Administration Admission 2017-2018. The Three-Year (Six Semester) course equips students with all the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge supervisory responsibilities in the Hospitality sector.
Expected Schedule for the NCHMCT JEE 2017 is given below.
|Event Related to NCHMCT JEE 2017||Dates|
|Last date for Submission of offline Application form||Apr 2017|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application form||Apr 2017|
|Availability of Admit Cards||Apr 2017|
|Written Examination (JEE 2017)||Apr 2017|
|Result of JEE on website||May 2017|
|Conduct of Counselling||May 2017|
Insofar any details of NCHMCT JEE 2017 have not been officially announced. Details given on this page as per last year’s exam brochure and is only for reference. Information has been provided so that candidates who have started looking for NCHMCT JEE 2017 can get an idea of how the exam is held. As soon as NCHMCT JEE 2017 information brochure is released, details will be updated here.
NCHMCT JEE 2017 Application Form
Those who have decided to pursue a career in Hotel Management and related fields, and wish to study B.Sc Hospitality and Hotel Administration should apply for NCHMCT JEE 2017. Procedure of filling application forms is online as well as offline. However, before proceeding to fill the NCHMCT JEE application form 2017, one must ensure he / she is eligible for the exam and admission.
Application fees (Last year)
Application fee for online mode is Rs 800 for General and OBC candidates, Rs 400 for SC, ST, PD candidates. Application fee for offline mode is Rs. 900 for General and OBC candidates, Rs 450 for SC, ST, PD candidates. Candidate will have to apply for the exam and pay examination fees.
Eligibility criteria given below as per last year information and only for references. We will update eligibility criteria here once it announced offficially.
- A pass in 10+2 system of Senior Secondary examination or its equivalent with English as one of the subjects. Candidate must have passed English as a subject of study (core/elective/functional) in the qualifying examination.
- Those appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination can also appear in JEE 2017 on provisional basis. Provisional admission will stand cancelled if proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) is not submitted at the time of counselling or at the time of admission or latest by 30th Sept 2017 (expected).
- The offer of admission is subject to verification of original certificates/documents at the time of admission. If any candidate is found ineligible at a later date even after admission to an Institute, his/her admission will stand cancelled.
Qualifying Examinations for Indian Students
- Plus two level examination in the 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education of any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination or State Boards of Secondary Education.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in a foreign country recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education.
- H.S.C. Vocational Examination approved by NCVT and SCVT of concerned state.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects including English as one of the Subjects, result of which should be available upto 30th Sept 2017 (expected).
- For candidates from General and OBC categories, upper age limit is 22 years as on 01.07.2017. Candidates born on or after July 01, 1995 are eligible. In the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates, upper age limit is 25 years as on 01.07.2017. That is SC/ST candidates born on or after July 01, 1992 are eligible.
- Upper age limit for Physically Challenged candidates shall be reckoned as per the category he/she belongs to i.e. General/SC/ST/OBC. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/Pre-University Certificate shall be the authentic proof that will be accepted. At the time of counselling, this certificate must be produced in original as a proof of age, failing which the candidate will not be considered for counselling/admission.
Physical Fitness : All qualified candidates will have to submit a physical fitness certificate at the time of admission from a Registered Medical Practitioner.
Expected date of Written Test Examination is on Apr 2017. Last year exam was conducted on Saturday 30th Apr (10.00 am to 1.00pm). Candidate should report to the Examination Center at 9.00 a.m.
Last year exam pattern is given below.
Question Paper will be bilingual i.e. in English and Hindi (except for English Language).
Marking Scheme for JEE Written Test
Each correct answer under Numerical Ability & Analytical Aptitude, Reasoning & Logical Deduction, General Knowledge & Current Affairs and English Language components carry one mark. For any wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted. The Graded mark(s) will be awarded under Aptitude for Service Sector component in the following manner; the most appropriate answer carries 1.00, the next appropriate answer carries 0.75, the next to next appropriate answer carries 0.50 whereas the in appropriate answer shall carry negative mark of 0.25 to be deducted.
Reservation of Seats
As per Government of India rules candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them. Benefit of reservation shall be given only to those classes/castes/tribes which are in the respective Central List published by the Government of India.
Reservation for Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST)
For the SC and ST categories, 15% and 7.5% seats, respectively, are reserved in Central and State Government Institutes of Hotel Management. Candidates belonging to SC / ST categories will be required to produce the original caste/tribe certificate issued by a competent authority in the prescribed format during admission. Certificates in any other format will not be accepted. Seats remaining vacant in these categories shall not be filled by candidates belonging to any other category.
27% seats are reserved for candidates belonging to OBC (Non creamy layer) category in Central Institutes of Hotel Management. Those belonging to the creamy layer of OBC are NOT entitled for reservation. Seats remaining vacant in this category shall be filled through General Category candidates, as per Hon’ble Supreme Court ruling. The OBC candidates (non-creamy layer) will be required to produce original OBC (Non Creamy Layer) caste certificate issued by a competent authority in the prescribed format at the time of counselling/Admission. Format is given at Annexure-II.
Document required in support of claim reservation under SC, ST AND OBC Categories
The certificate of SC, ST & OBC category is required to be issued by District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/Deputy Collector/1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/City Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate/Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar/Sub-Divisional Officer of the area / Administrator/Secretary to Administrator/Development Officer (Lakshadweep Island) where the candidate and/or his/her family normally resides. Certificate issued by any other authority will not be accepted. Candidates are required to produce the original Caste Certificate along with attested copy at the time of Counselling as well as at the time of admission at the Institute.
Physically Disabled (PD)
3% of seats across the board are reserved for Physically Disabled candidates in all Central & State Government Institutes of Hotel Management. For any category of disability (viz. locomotors, visual, dyslexia, speech, and /or hearing) benefit would be given to those who have at least 40% physical impairment.
The percentage of disability of the candidates will be required to be certified by Chief Medical Officer (CMO), Central Govt. / State Govt./ Municipal Corporation run Hospitals only. Such candidates are required to produce the original Medical Certificate both at the time of Counselling and at the time of Admission to the Institute. In case of any dispute in determining the eligibility under PD category, the decision of the Medical Board to be constituted by the Institute would be final. (Please see Annexure-III as available in JEE Brochure-2017)
Reservation for Kashmiri Migrant (Subject to notification from Ministry of HRD for academic session 2017-2018)
One seat (Supernumerary) in each Central and State Government affiliated IHM is provided for Registered Kashmiri Migrants. Such applicants shall have to qualify the JEE-2017. Candidates registered with different State Govt. should produce proof of registration in original at the time of Counselling and at the time of admission to the Institutes.
Candidates can also refer the last year Information Brochure of NCHMCT JEE.
If you have any queries regarding NCHMCT JEE 2017, please ask in the comments below.