SAAT 2014 Application Form
Availability of SAAT 2014 Application Forms:
- Obtain in person: Application Form & Information Brochure of SAAT 2014 can be obtained in Person / by Post from the SOA University, Khandagiri Square, Bhubaneswar – 751030. Forms are also available at different counters of the constituent institutes of the university.
- From Axis Bank Branches: Application form & information brochure of SAAT 2014 can also be obtained from designated branches of Axis Bank, Syndicate Bank & Punjab National Bank (enlisted in Appendix-XIX).
- Apply Online and Make Payment Online: Application form & information brochure of SAAT 2014 is available online. The candidates have to fill up the details online, make payment by Debit Card/Credit Card Rs 500/- (on account of examination fees), take print out of application form, affix a recent colour photograph and send it by Post/courier.
- Apply online and Make payment via DD: Candidates can also fill up the details online, take print out of application form, affix a recent colour photograph and send it by Post/courier along with a Demand Draft of Rs 500/- (on account of examination fees) drawn in favour of SIKSHA ‘O’ ANUSANDHAN UNIVERSITY, Bhubaneswar, Payable at Bhubaneswar.
- Application form and Information brochure can be obtained against cash payment of Rs 500/- (on account of examination fees).
- SAAT 2014 Online Application Form: Click Here to apply now.
- Last date of SAAT Application Form Submission is 15 April 2014.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING UP SAAT 2014 APPLICATION FORM
Click on any of the item below to know details of what to fill in the application form.
- Please note down the six-digit application number for future reference. Read the instructions carefully before filling up the application form. Refer to the sample filled in application form provided in this brochure.
- First write in capital letters the required information in rectangular boxes above the circles (wherever provided) and then darken the appropriate circle underneath each letter. What you write in these boxes is only for your guidance and for verification that you are darkening the correct circle.
- The application form will be processed on OMR. Therefore, darken the circles carefully using HB pencil or blue / black ball pen only. Please see the illustration on the application form to learn how to darken the circles.
- If you wish to change a marking, erase the darkened circle completely and then darken the appropriate circle. This is possible if you are using a pencil. Otherwise, you can use white correction fluid for covering the wrongly darkened circle.
- Do not scribble, smudge, cut, tear, or wrinkle the application form. Do not put any stray marks any where on the application form.
- Do not write or put any mark on the Barcodes.
- Your photograph, signature and address are to be scanned by machine that recognizes only good quality images, and from the specified areas of the form. Therefore paste a good colour photograph taken not more than one month earlier, and write your address and sign in black / blue ball pen only. Retain two copies of the same photograph for future.
- Please note that your name, your parents’ / guardian’s name and your date of birth should exactly be the same as in your High school or your first Board / Pre-University examination certificate. Deviation, if any whenever discovered, may lead to cancellation of your candidature.
- Your application must be complete in all aspects. Incomplete application or application filled in a language other than English will be summarily rejected.
- Options filled by you in the application form can not be changed at a later stage.
- It is suggested that you make a photocopy of the application form before filling and use that first for practice.
- No reservation norms are applicable for Lateral Entry (LE) admissions.
Details to be filled in the SAAT application form
[magz_toggle title="Name of the Candidate: (Item - 1)" state="closed"] Write your name in CAPITAL LETTERS as given in your original certificate of the High School or equivalent examination in Black / Blue ball pen. Write a single letter in each box. Within any one part of your name, do not leave any blank box. Leave one and only one blank box between any two parts of the name. If your name has several initials leave one blank after each of them. If it requires more than 35 boxes abbreviate the middle name(s). Darken the appropriate circle under each letter of the name.[/magz_toggle]
[magz_toggle title="Reservation : (Item - 2)" state="closed"] Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PH/WO/MC category and seeking admission under reservation are required to darken the appropriate circles. W omen candidates should darken the corresponding circle. General candidates are required to darken the corresponding circle. No reservation norms apply for lateral entry. OBC candidates are only eligible for mark relaxation in the qualifying examination.
[magz_toggle title="Course Category (Item-3) (Only for Diploma holders)" state="closed"] Candidates who have passed / appearing diploma (in 2014) and wish to take admission under lateral entry scheme in Engineering / Pharmacy and Hotel Management need to darken appropriate circle.[/magz_toggle]
[magz_toggle title="Nationality: (Item - 4)" state="closed"] Darken the appropriate circle.[/magz_toggle]
[magz_toggle title="Gender: (Item - 5)" state="closed"] Darken the appropriate circle.[/magz_toggle]
[magz_toggle title="Course: (Item - 6)" state="closed"] Enter the appropriate course code in the boxes provided at the top and darken the corresponding circles below them against the programme code (given below) that you want to appear. (e.g Engineering, Medical, Dental, Nursing, Pharmacy, MBA, MCA, Lateral entry, etc. in a particular discipline or possible combinations). Candidates are required to opt for only one code from various options depending upon their present qualification and preference. For example, if you are willing to appear for MBBS / BDS only, then darken the circle 02.
Similarly if you are willing to appear simultaneously for “B.Tech. / Dual Deg. Engg. / Dual Deg. Mgmt., MBBS / BDS, & B.Pharm”, then darken circle 09. Examination time table will not permit other combinations of programmes.
As per eligibility criteria, Diploma holders are required to apply either for 1st Year or 2nd Year admission but not for both. If two applications are received from one Diploma holder then both will be rejected.
COURSE CODE FOR ADMISSION TO FIRST YEAR PROGRAMMES
Single Course Option Code
|B.Tech./Dual Deg. Engg./Dual Deg. Mgmt. only||01|
|MBBS / BDS only||02|
|B.Sc. Nursing (Basic) only||05|
|BBA LLB only||06|
Multiple Course Option Code
|B.Tech. / Dual Deg. Engg. / Dual Deg. Mgmt.,& MBBS / BDS||07|
|B.Tech. / Dual Deg. Engg. / Dual Deg. Mgmt.,& B.Pharm||08|
|B.Tech. / Dual Deg. Engg. / Dual Deg. Mgmt., MBBS / BDS, & B.Pharm||09|
|B.Tech. / Dual Deg. Engg. / Dual Deg. Mgmt., & BBA LLB||10|
|B.Tech. / Dual Deg. Engg. / Dual Deg. Mgmt., & B.Sc. Nursing||11|
|B.Tech/ DDE / DDM||12|
|MBBS / BDS, & B.Pharm||13|
|MBBS / BDS||14|
Other Courses and Code
|B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic)||15|
|MCA & MBA||19|
|MHMCT / MHTM||21|
|MBA, MHA, & MHMCT / MHTM||22|
|M.Sc. in Biotechnology||24|
|M.Sc. in Nursing||25|
FOR ADMISSION UNDER LATERAL ENTRY SCHEME (ONLY FOR DIPLOMA DEGREE HOLDERS) :
|B.Tech. Lateral Entry (All branches)||30|
|B.Pharm Lateral Entry||31|
|BHMCT Lateral Entry||32|
|MCA Lateral Entry||33|
FOR ADMISSION TO M.TECH PROGRAMME (REGULAR)
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engg.||40|
|Computer Science & Engineering||43|
|Computer Science & Data Processing||44|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||46|
|Electronics & Electrical Engineering||47|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||48|
|Environmental Science & Technology||50|
|Material Science & Technology||51|
[magz_toggle title="Identity Proof : (Item - 25)" state="closed"]
Mention the identity proof which the candidate is required to carry (any one of the following) to the examination hall as mentioned below.
|Voter ID Card||01|
|College/School ID Card||05|
Candidates are required to produce the mentioned identity proof along with a xerox copy of the same and two recent colour photographs (same as pasted in the application form) during examination.
[magz_toggle title="Date of Birth: (Item - 8)" state="closed"] Enter the date, month and year of your birth as per the english calendar and as recorded in your School/ Board/ Pre-University examination certificate. Use numerals 01 to 31 for DATE, abbreviations JAN, FEB etc. for MONTH, and the last two digits of the YEAR of birth. For example, if born on 23rd JANUARY 1990 the date should be entered as follows: 23 JAN 90. Darken the appropriate circle in each column.[/magz_toggle]
[magz_toggle title="Choice of Examination Centres: (Item-9)" state="closed"] The following table gives a list of the numerical codes of the places where centres for the SAAT – 2014 will be located. Select three different places in order of your preference. Enter the appropriate codes in the boxes provided at the top and darken the corresponding circles below them. The first preference must be entered under column-I and the second and the third preferences under column-II & III respectively.
Note: The University reserves the right of cancelling or reallocating any examination centre.
Tentative List Of SAAT 2014 Centres With
Centre Code (Inside Odisha)
[magz_toggle title="Year of Qualifying Examination: (Item - 10)" state="closed"]
- (For Engineering / Medical / Dental / Nursing / Pharmacy / HMCT / Law / Agriculture) : Those who have already passed 10+2 or an equivalent qualifying examination should indicate the year of passing and darken the appropriate circles.
- P.G. Programme: Those who have already passed Bachelors Degree or an equivalent qualifying examination should indicate the year of passing and darken the appropriate circle.
- Lateral Entry: Those who have already passed Diploma / BCA / B.Sc. examinations should indicate the year of passing and darken the appropriate circle.
- Those who are appearing at the qualifying examination in 2014 should darken the circles corresponding to 2014.
NOTE: Results (Mark sheets and Provisional Certificate) of qualifying examination has to be produced at the time of counselling. Without the final result of the qualifying examination, a candidate is not eligible to participate in the counselling.
[magz_toggle title="Percentage of Marks: (Item - 11)" state="closed"]
- Write the actual percentage of aggregate marks obtained in the 10th Class / Equivalent examination under column-I.
- Write the actual percentage of aggregate marks obtained in the qualifying examination under column-II if the results are available. Otherwise leave it blank. Enter only integer part of the percentage of marks and ignore the decimal point. For example 76.15, 76.56 or 76.90 be taken as 76 only. Darken the appropriate circles against each entry.
[magz_toggle title="Photograph: (Item - 12)" state="closed"] Paste your recent colour photograph with white background and preferably wearing dark coloured clothes. The approximately size of the photograph should be 3 cm x 4 cm (taken not earlier than one month). Your face should cover about 75% of the photo. Please retain two copies of the same photograph to be used in examination hall. Paste the photograph in the box provided. Do not sign on the photograph and do not get it attested.
NOTE: Photograph should not be larger than the space provided in the box for pasting it. Keep four more copies of the same photograph, to be required at the time of counselling.
[magz_toggle title="Complete Mailing Address: (Item - 13)" state="closed"] Write the complete postal address to which any communication is to be sent till August 2013. The address must include your name, C/O name if required and other details including the PINCODE for the mail to reach you. Indicate phone number, if any, with STD code. Please note that this block will be machine scanned and therefore, it should be written very clearly in black I blue ball pen only (not in pencil). If you make any mistake, cover the whole box with an exact size white paper slip and write your address on it. You may also paste a typed address slip inside the box. Your address must not overflow this box.[/magz_toggle]
[magz_toggle title="Signature: (Item - 14)" state="closed"] Put your usual signature in black / blue ball pen within the box provided. Your signature must not overflow or touch the border of the box provided. Your signature establishes your identity. Hence, do not merely write your name in capital letters. This may lead to rejection of your application.[/magz_toggle]
[magz_toggle title="ID Proof No. (Item - 15)" state="closed"]Write the details of any one of identity proof (PAN/DL/ College ID Card/Passport/Voter ID Card/ UID Card etc.) required to be produced during examination in the space provided.
Example : For PAN Card write AKPPQ1234X
For Voter ID Card write CPY1234567
For College/School ID Card write your roll no.
[magz_toggle title="EMAIL ID (Item - 16)" state="closed"] Write neatly your email id.[/magz_toggle]
[magz_toggle title="Board of Qualifying Examination: (Item - 17)" state="closed"] Darken the appropriate circle.[/magz_toggle]
[magz_toggle title="Mobile Number : (Item– 18)" state="closed"] Write your 10 digit mobile number in the space provided. Darken the appropriate circle against each digit. SMS alert will be sent to this number for receipt of application, dispatch of admit card, publication of result, counselling schedule etc.
[magz_toggle title="For M.Tech / M.Pharm / MBA (Item - 19)" state="closed"] Candidates applying for M.Tech. & M.Pharm. programmes as required to indicate whether or not they have qualified GATE/GPAT by darkening the appropriate circle. Candidates applying for MBA with valid MAT Score are required to indicate by darkening the appropriate circle.[/magz_toggle]
[magz_toggle title="VALID GATE / GPAT / MAT Score : (Item - 20)" state="closed"] Write your valid GATE / GPAT / MAT score for the year 2014 in the space provided. Darken the appropriate circle against each digit.
[magz_toggle title="Name of the Parents I Guardian (if required) (Item - 21)" state="closed"] Write the name of one of your parents or guardian exactly as in your 10th class or equivalent certificate, if given. Write the name of your father and mother if no name is given in the 10th certificate, write a single letter in a box. Within any initial of the name, do not leave any blank box. Leave one and only one blank box between any two initials of the name. Darken the appropriate circle under each letter of the name. If the name has several initials, leave one blank after each of them.[/magz_toggle]
[magz_toggle title="Relationship: (Item - 22)" state="closed"] Indicate your relationship with the parents / guardian named in item 18 by darkening the appropriate circle.[/magz_toggle]
[magz_toggle title="Residence/State: (Item - 23)" state="closed"]
|State Name||Code||State Name||Code|
|Jammu & Kashmir||12||Tripura||27|
|Madhya Pradesh||15||West Bengal||30|
[magz_toggle title="Alternative Mobile No. : (Item-24)" state="closed"] Please provide an alternative mobile number other than mentioned item – 18, to which communication can be made in emergency.[/magz_toggle]
[magz_toggle title="Mother Tongue : (Iterm - 25)" state="closed"] Use the language codes given below to indicate your mother tongue and darken the appropriate circle.
[magz_toggle title="Advertisement Information : (Item - 26)" state="closed"] Kindly write the medium through which the candidate came to know about the admission process of the University.
[magz_toggle title="Details of Qualifing Examination : (Item - 27)" state="closed"] The candidate is required to mention the details of qualifing examination passed / appeared (eg. 12th, B.Tech., Graduation, B.Pharm., etc.), the Roll No. / Regd. No. of the qualifing examination, name and location of the school / institute where qualifing examination passed / appeared.[/magz_toggle]
[magz_toggle title="Declaration by the Candidate: (Item - 28)" state="closed"] The candidate must sign the declaration in black / blue ball pen. The place and date should also be entered into. Two signatures: the one below the declaration and the other in the box below your photograph, should be identical. Applications without signatures or with different signatures at the two places will be treated as incomplete and rejected. The declaration by the candidate must be countersigned by parent(s) / guardian. Write the name of Parents / Guardian in the space provided.[/magz_toggle]
[magz_toggle title="Enclosures with the Application Form" state="closed"] You have to enclose only the acknowledgement card duly filled up with appropriate stamp pasted. DO NOT enclose any copies of certificates/ mark sheets / appendix forms with the application form.[/magz_toggle]
SUBMISSION OF FILLED IN SAAT 2014 APPLICATION FORM
Application form duly filled in, should be sent by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier service to The Director (Admissions), Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Post Box # 106, Khandagiri Square, Khandagiri, Bhubaneswar, Pin – 751030, Odisha, India, so as to reach on or before 15.04.2014.
Hand-delivery of forms (drop box) at University Office and ITER is accepted.
- Any application received after the due date will not be considered.
- The university will not be responsible for any postal delay or irregularity or loss in postal transit of the application form.
- The incomplete application form of any sort shall be summarily rejected.
- The Candidates are advised to keep a photocopy of the filled in application form for future reference.
- The Candidate is required to write the name of the programme on top of the envelop containing the application form.
- In no case the application form should be stapled / pinned / tagged or folded. The candidates sending their application by post should duly fill up the acknowledgement card, affix postage stamp of denomination Rs 6/- and enclose the same inside the envelope meant for submission of application form.
- A single application form is sufficient for any possible combination of courses to be opted. Do not send extra / duplicate forms which will be rejected.
- Not more than one set of application form shall be submitted in one envelope. If the envelope contains more than one application form, the whole content will be rejected.
- Any correspondence in future, should mention the application number printed below the bar code of the application form.