VITEEE 2016 has been announced by VIT University. VITEEE 2016 application form can be submitted online at vit.ac.in as per dates announced by the exam conducting body. The applicants will be issued admit card of VIT Entrance Exam to appear for the PCM or PCB paper, as they have selected in the form. VITEEE will be held as a computer-based test (CBT) of 2.5 hours duration and each paper shall have 120 questions based on the exam syllabus. Scores are calculated based on the number of correct answers in the exam and then using the equating methodology to arrive at the VITEEE 2016 result and merit list for admission and seat allotment.
Date of VITEEE 2016 entrance exam is from 7th April to 17th April 2016. Exams will be held in three sessions – Session I from 09:00 am to 11:00 am, Session II from 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm, Session III from 4:00 pm to 6:30 PM.
B.Tech Admission 2016-17 will be done through VITEEE 2016 VIT Engineering Entrance Examination.
- Mode of exam – Computer based test.
- Duration – 2.5 hours.
- Number of questions – There will be 120 questions in PCM and 120 in PCB question paper; 40 questions per subject. There will also be 5 questions on English (new update).
- There will not be any negative marking for incorrect answers.
VITEEE 2016 application form will be released most probably in November or December. Fill and submit the application form of VITEEE 2016 to appear for the exam.
VITEEE 2016 will be held as computer based test, from 6 April 2016 to 17 April 2016.
More than 200000 candidates applied for VITEEE last year
A record number of students appeared for VITEEE last year. Total number of candidates who applied for VITEEE was 2,02,406.
The Limca book of records says
VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) of VIT University Vellore, Tamil Nadu registered 2,02,406 candidates for most online students for entrance examinations held in 112 cities besides Dubai and Kuwait from April 8-19, 2015. VIT offers 3,100 seats at Vellore and 1,100 in Chennai for 14 B.Tech programmes in Vellore and 5 B.Tech programmes in the Chennai campus.
VITEEE 2016 Important Dates
|Date of availability of VITEEE 2016 application form||Date to be announced (last year application form was issued on 1st Dec).|
|Last date to submit application form of VIT Engineering Entrance Exam||Date to be announced (last year application form submission ended on 15th March).|
|Slot booking for computer based test||Date to be announced (last year slot booking started on 20th March).|
|Date of availability of VITEEE 2016 admit card||Date to be announced (last year admit card was released on 20th March).|
|Date of exam||6 April 2016 to 17 April 2016|
|Result of VITEEE 2016 to be declared on||Date to be announced (last year result was announced on 29th April).|
|Counselling and seat allotment schedule||Date to be announced (last year counselling phase I started on 11th May).|
VITEEE 2016 Application Form
VIT University website has hosted the following information regarding application form of VITEEE 2016.
VITEEE Application Form is expected to be released online at vit.ac.in in November or December. Candidates should keep the following ready to apply online.
- Scanned copy of passport size photograph of dimension 3.5 x 4.5 cm and size between 50 kb to 100 kb.
- Scanned copy of signature of dimension 3.5 x 1.5 cm and size between 20 kb to 50 kb.
- If payment has to be done online, candidate must have internet banking facility or credit / debit card.
VITEEE 2016 Application Form is being made available in the online as well as offline mode. Candidate needs to fill details of name, date of birth, email ID, category, state, and other personal details. In addition, a passport size photograph and signature will also be required. Students who will apply online for VITEEE 2016 can make payment of application fee via internet banking, credit card or debit card. Also payment can be done through demand draft mode.
Application Fee for VITEEE was last year as follows. This year’s fee details will be announced soon.
|Online application form||Fee to be announced (last year fee was Rs 940)|
|Offline application form||Fee to be announced (last year fee was Rs 990)|
|NRI candidates application form||Fee to be announced (last year fee was USD 50)|
VITEEE 2016 Slot Booking and Admit Card
A computer based test is usually held over a period of days. Slot booking of VITEEE 2016 is the process wherein registered candidates can select exam dates. As expected from last year’s procedure, this process may begin about 15 days before the exam. VITEEE 2016 admit card will be issued for the selected date or slot.
The procedure for VITEEE exam date selection, as referred to from last year’s details are given here for your reference.
- Log in to VITEEE OTBS using application number and password.
- Select the city you wish to appear in.
- Chose a preferred test date to appear for VIT Engineering Entrance Exam.
- Available slots will be shown. You can select any as per availability.
- On successful booking, e-hall ticket for VITEEE will be displayed.
- Print the VITEEE Admit Card and keep it safely. It will be required on the day of exam.
How to prepare for VITEEE?
Information given below includes books to refer for VITEEE preparation, guidance to score high, relevant mock tests, and important preparation tips.
Preparation for VIT Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE) needs planning and proper execution. First of all you need to analyze your present situation. Have you completed class 12th studies for board exams? If yes, it is a good time to revise class 11 course as well. Check the VITEEE syllabus and know the exact topics from where questions will be asked.
Students and engineering aspirants often ask for previous year VITEEE papers. As the test is held in online mode, past year papers are not made available officially.
You can however study from books that have good sample papers based on syllabus of VITEEE.
Good reference books to prepare for the exam are listed below.
- 15 Mock Tests & Solved Papers (2007-2013): For VIT Engineering by Arihant publications.
- Comprehensive Guide to VITEEE by Disha Experts.
- Target VITEEE Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam : 7 Mock Test + Solved Papers (2006 – 2012) by Disha Experts.
VITEEE sample paper download is available. If you are preparing for the exam, download official sample papers provided by VIT University. The model test papers of VITEEE contain questions similar to those asked in the actual exam. As they are published officially by the university, students can expect actual similarity in pattern. You can download the sample papers here – VITEEE Sample Papers.
VITEEE question papers are generated in the computer based test. Candidates are not provided with print out or hard copy of the question paper. Hence, it is not possible to retrieve or publish past year papers of the exam. Candidates must refer to the VITEEE syllabus and prepare accordingly. After the exam they will be intimated of their result after a certain time. VITEEE answer key could be made available officially. However in the past no solutions or keys have been published by the university. Whether answer key of VITEEE will be available or not is yet to to be ascertained.
VITEEE 2016 Result and Counselling
VITEEE result will be published by the university approximately 10 days after the last date of exam. About two weeks from the results, VITEEE Counselling begins. Seat allotment and VITEEE counselling status is updated at regular intervals when the counselling is going on.
VITEEE cut off indicates the minimum score or rank required for admission. While appearing for the exam, candidates often ask about the expected cut offs. They are keen to know how much marks to score to get admission in VIT. With the help of past year data analysis, and knowing facts and figures; we can point out the following.
- Competition is very high. More than 1,50,000 students appear for the exam whereas there are only a few thousand seats.
- As it is a computer based test, immediately after the exam no predictions can be made.
- Computer science (CSE) and Electronics and communication engineering (ECE) are the two most popular branches among students.
- Among Vellore and Chennai campus, a higher rank is generally needed for VIT Vellore.
- In the first counselling, students up to rank 20,000 are called.
If you have any queries about VITEEE 2016, please ask in comments below.