VITEEE 2016 is the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination. VITEEE 2016 is being conducted in the month of April by VIT University for B.Tech admissions in its Vellore and Chennai campuses. This All India Level engineering entrance exam is being held in most states in India, in 118 cities. VITEEE 2016 is a computer based test with a 125 mark paper on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology.
Date of VITEEE 2016 entrance exam is from 6th April to 17th April 2016.
Age limit: Date of birth should be on or after July 1, 1994.
Educational qualification: Should have studied PCM / PCB in 10+2 level and scored 60% (or 50% for SC / ST / NE state candidates). NIOS students can also apply.
VITEEE Application Form 2016
About the Exam: VITEEE will be held as a computer-based test (CBT) of 2.5 hours duration and each paper shall have 120 questions based on the exam syllabus. 40 Questions are each from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology, and 5 questions in English. Scores are calculated based on the number of correct answers in the exam and then using the equating methodology to arrive at the VITEEE 2016 result and merit list for admission and seat allotment.
Exams will be held in three sessions – Session I from 09:00 am to 11:00 am, Session II from 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm, Session III from 4:00 pm to 6:30 PM. B.Tech Admission 2016-17 will be done through Entrance Exam known as VIT Engineering Entrance Examination. All the important dates of VITEEE 2016 are given below.
|Date of availability of VITEEE 2016 application form||November 27, 2015|
|Last Date for issue/receipt of Application Forms||February 29, 2016|
|Slot booking for computer based test||March 18, 2016 to March 22, 2016|
|Availability of VITEEE 2016 admit card||March 2016|
|Date of exam||April 6, 2016 to April 17, 2016|
|Result of VITEEE 2016 to be declared on||April 29, 2016|
|Counselling and seat allotment schedule||May 2016|
- Mode of exam – Computer based test.
- Duration – 2.5 hours.
- Number of questions – There will be 125 questions in PCM and 125 in PCB question paper; 40 questions per subject. There will also be 5 questions on English.
- There will not be any negative marking for incorrect answers.
VITEEE 2016 Application Form
VIT University website is hosting the application form of VITEEE 2016 for three months. Candidates should keep the following ready to apply online.
- Scanned copy of passport size photograph of dimension 3.5 x 4.5 cm and size between 50 kb to 100 kb.
- Scanned copy of signature of dimension 3.5 x 1.5 cm and size between 20 kb to 50 kb.
- If payment has to be done online, candidate must have internet banking facility or credit / debit card.
VITEEE 2016 Application Form is being made available in the online as well as offline mode. Candidate needs to fill details of name, date of birth, email ID, category, state, and other personal details. In addition, a passport size photograph and signature will also be required. Students who will apply online for VITEEE 2016 can make payment of application fee via internet banking, credit card or debit card. Also payment can be done through demand draft mode.
Application Fee for VIT Engineering Entrance Examination, VITEEE 2016, is as follows.
|Online application form||Rs 960|
|Offline application form||Rs 990|
Once you have applied for VITEEE 2016, you should wait for the Online Test Booking System, OTBS to open. In OTBS, you will get the facility to book test slot. Details of what that is, and how to book test slot for VIT Engineering Entrance Exam 2016, are explained below.
Eligibility Criteria for VITEEE Application Form 2016
VITEEE 2016 Eligibility Criteria – Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria of VITEEE 2016 can apply. Norms to be kept in mind before applying are:
- Age limit – Date of birth of candidates should be on or after 1st July 1994.
- Educational qualification – Candidate must have secured 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology in +2 exam.
- The marks needed in +2 exam for SC / ST / North Eastern State candidates is 50%.
- Candidates who have studied in regular, full-time, formal education can apply.
- NIOS candidates can also fill and submit the application form of VITEEE 2016.
VIT University Slot Booking – OTBS
As you can see in the important dates table above, VITEEE 2016 is being conducted from 6th to 17th April 2016. the exact date, time, and slot for your VIT Engineering Entrance Exam can be selected during Slot Booking. The facility to book slots is given in the Online Test Booking System, also referred to as OTBS. Once application form submission is over, the slot booking for VITEEE 2016 is expected to begin in March.
VIT University Slot Booking 2016 shall involve the following:
- Candidate can select Test City, same as selected in the application form.
- Then select the date and batch of exam.
- Candidate can thus easily book and schedule a test slot available in the selected date.
Please note that the VITEEE 2016 slot booking is done on a first come first serve basis. You should complete this process soon so that you get test city, center, date and slot of your choice.
You will get the online test booking password by e-mail and it should be kept safely and not shared with anyone.
After slot booking, the next thing to do is to download the admit card.
VITEEE 2016 Admit Card
A computer based test is held over a period of days. Slot booking of VITEEE 2016 is the process wherein registered candidates can select exam dates. This process may begin about 15 days before the exam. VITEEE 2016 admit card will be issued for the selected date or slot.
The procedure for VIT Engineering Exam date selection and thereafter downloading the admit card of VITEEE 2016 is given here for your reference.
- Log in to VITEEE OTBS using application number and password.
- Select the city you wish to appear in.
- Chose a preferred test date to appear for VIT Engineering Entrance Exam.
- Available slots will be shown. You can select any as per availability.
- On successful booking, e-hall ticket will be displayed.
- Print the VITEEE Admit Card and keep it safely. It will be required on the day of exam.
With the VITEEE admit card 2016 in your hand, the entrance exam must be fast approaching. Go through these quick tips on VITEEE preparation to gear up for the exam.
How to prepare for VITEEE?
Information given below includes books to refer for VIT preparation, guidance to score high, relevant mock tests, and important preparation tips.
Preparation for VIT Engineering Entrance Exam needs planning and proper execution. First of all you need to analyze your present situation. Have you completed class 12th studies for board exams? If yes, it is a good time to revise class 11 course as well. Check the VITEEE Syllabus and know the exact topics from where questions will be asked.
Students and engineering aspirants often ask for previous year VITEEE papers. As the test is held in online mode, past year papers are not made available officially.
You can however study from books that have good VITEEE sample papers based on syllabus of VIT Engineering Entrance.
Good reference books to prepare for the exam are listed below.
- 15 Mock Tests & Solved Papers (2007-2013): For VIT Engineering by Arihant publications.
- Comprehensive Guide to VIT Engineering Entrance Exam by Disha Experts.
- Target VIT EEE Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam : 7 Mock Test + Solved Papers (2006 – 2012) by Disha Experts.
VITEEE sample paper download is available. If you are preparing for the exam, download official sample papers provided by VIT University. The model test papers of VIT University Engineering Entrance Exam contain questions similar to those asked in the actual exam. As they are published officially by the university, students can expect actual similarity in pattern. You can download the sample papers here – Sample Papers.
VITEEE question papers are generated in the computer based test. Candidates are not provided with print out or hard copy of the question paper. Hence, it is not possible to retrieve or publish past year papers of the exam. Candidates must refer to the syllabus and prepare accordingly. After the exam they will be intimated of their result after a certain time. VITEEE answer key could be made available officially. However in the past no solutions or keys have been published by the university. Whether answer key will be available or not is yet to to be ascertained.
VITEEE 2016 Result
VITEEE Result will be published by the university approximately 10 days after the last date of exam. About two weeks from the results, VITEEE Counselling begins. Seat allotment and counselling status is updated at regular intervals when the counselling is going on.
VITEEE cut off indicates the minimum score or rank required for admission. While appearing for the exam, candidates often ask about the expected cut offs. They are keen to know how much marks to score to get admission in VIT. With the help of past year data analysis, and knowing facts and figures; we can point out the following.
- Competition is very high. More than 1,50,000 students appear for the exam whereas there are only a few thousand seats.
- As it is a computer based test, immediately after the exam no predictions can be made.
- Computer science (CSE) and Electronics and communication engineering (ECE) are the two most popular branches among students.
- Among Vellore and Chennai campus, a higher rank is generally needed for VIT Vellore.
- In the first counselling, students up to rank 20,000 are called.
VITEEE 2016 Counselling and Seat Allotment
Counselling is the process wherein candidates who have obtained merit position in the VITEEE Result 2016 can select college campus and branch in order of preference, and they are allotted seats on this basis and their ranks. For the same seat, a candidate with higher All India Rank is given preference, given the seat is available for that college campus, branch and category.
Selected candidates have to pay the Counselling Fee.
VITEEE 2016 counselling schedule will be announced a few days after the result of VIT Engineering Entrance Exam 2016 is announced. Qualified candidates will have to attend the counselling on the given date and present requisite documents, pay fee.
You can keep the following documents ready as and when they are available. They will be needed at the time of counselling, in addition to other documents asked by the University.
- VITEEE 2016 admit card,
- VITEEE 2016 counselling admit card,
- VITEEE Result copy,
- Class 10 certificate as DOB proof,
- Qualifying examination mark sheet,
- Community certificate,
- Nativity certificate if applicable,
- DD of fee amount.
Scholarship under “GV School Development Programme”GVSDP)
|Toppers of each State Board and Central Board||100% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years.|
|VITEEE rank holders upto 10000||Rs 50,000 Scholarship for all the four years.
[Rs.50000 x 4 years = Rs.200000]
|VITEEE rank holders of 10001 to 20000||Rs 25,000 Scholarship for all the four years.
[Rs.25000 x 4 years = Rs.100000]
Dr. K. Manivannan
Director – UG Admissions, VIT University, Vellore – 632014
Tamil Nadu, India
Phone : +91-416-220 2157/2168
Fax : +91-416-224 5544
Email : [email protected]
VIT University Statistics
VIT University Placement Stats are given below for recent placement session.
Statistics of VITEEE Engineering Entrance Examination
More than 200000 candidates applied for VIT Engineering Admission last year
A record number of students appeared for VIT Entrance last year. Total number of candidates who applied for VIT University Admission for Engineering was 2,02,406.
The Limca book of records says
VIT Engineering Entrance Examination of VIT University Vellore, Tamil Nadu registered 2,02,406 candidates for most online students for entrance examinations held in 112 cities besides Dubai and Kuwait from April 8-19, 2015. VIT offers 3,100 seats at Vellore and 1,100 in Chennai for 14 B.Tech programmes in Vellore and 5 B.Tech programmes in the Chennai campus.
If you have any queries about VITEEE 2016, please ask in comments below.