Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Bihar University popularly also known as B. R. Ambedkar Bihar University, is a state university located in the north prime of Bihar state in the city of Muzaffarpur in India. Established in 1960, this university has 37 constituent colleges. Distance education courses are also offered. Besides, the university organizes symposium, seminars and workshops. It is a premier institution of teaching and learning in the city and offers full-time and part-time courses ranging from undergraduate to postgraduate and research level.
The Courses offered by the University are approved from University Grants Commission (UGC). University has released the details of only Ph.D. Course and rest of the course details will be released soon. The university is a premier institution of teaching and learning in the city and offers various full-time and part-time courses ranging from undergraduate to postgraduate and research level. The university also acts as an affiliated link between several colleges and institutes located across the state in providing higher education. The University is a member of The Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Bihar University Admission 2019
Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Bihar University (BRABU) conducts BRABU B.Ed. & M.Ed courses for the candidates seeking admission to the B.Ed. & M.Ed courses. Entrance examination will soon be held to take admission in these courses. Candidates who are interested in the teaching sector then the Bihar University is giving a chance to those candidates to get admission to their desired courses. To apply for the BRABU 2019, candidates will have to fill the application form which will be available on the official website www.onlinebrabu.in.
BRABU Eligibility Criteria
BRABU has released the only Ph.D. course Eligibility Criteria, which has been mentioned below:
For Ph.D. Course
- The candidate who have the Master’s Degree in the concerned subject having 55% marks will be required to appear in the PAT 2019 to be held as per schedule Provided a 5% relaxation will be given to SC/ST/OBC differently abled category of candidates.
- The following categories of candidates are exempted from PAT, however they are also required to apply and appear in the interview with the candidates qualified in PAT 2019.
- Candidates who secured grants for research such as Fellowship/ Scholarship/ DBT/ ICMR/ ICAR/ DST-INSPIRE/ CSSIR/ ICHR/ etc.
- Assistant Professors, Associate Professors and professors who have been appointed on substantive post on UGC pay scale in the teaching Department of the University or a constituted college of the university and who have completed their probation successfully with an experience of at least two years of uninterrupted service would be considered under this category. Teachers appointed on self-finance courses and teacher belonging to those colleges which run of self-finance basis will not be exempted from the test.
- Non-teaching employee of the university, who are holding substantive appointed for more than five years and having at least 55% marks in Master degree in the subject concerned and with at least two research paper published in any reputed refereed journals identified by the UGC would be considered under this category.
The given details regarding the course are as per the last year.
For B.Ed course
Candidates, who are going to apply for the BRABU B.Ed., must ensure that they are eligible as per the norms of the governing council of the university. The eligibility criterion for the candidates is given below:
- The candidates with minimum 50% aggregate either in the Bachelor’s Degree or in the Master’s Degree in Science/Social Science/Humanity/Commerce.
- Candidates who have Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology in Science and Mathematics with minimum 55% aggregate or any other qualification /examination recognized by the Academic Council of respective University equivalent there to be eligible for the admission in this course.
For M.Ed course
- She/He/Transgender must have passed Bachelor Degree in Education (B.Ed., BA B.Ed., B.Sc. B.Ed., B.El.Ed., D.El.Ed. with 50% marks in each in graduate degree) from any recognized University having minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
- No such applicant shall be admitted, who has not applied for the admission within notified time or who, on being selected for admission, does not get himself/herself admitted within specified time, except where the delay has been condoned by the Competent authority for some valid reason.
Application form of BRABU Ph.D. has been released and candidates will have to wait to fill the application form for BRABU B.Ed & M.Ed courses through online mode. The application forms will be available on the website www.onlinebrabu.in. Interested candidates must ensure their eligibility before filling the application form. Candidates are requested to submit the filled application form on or before its last date to fill the application form.
Application form: Click here to download application form and admit card of the P.hD. Course.
Test Fee for Ph.D
- General/ BC/ EBC – 3000/-
- SC/ ST/ Disabled/ Women – 2000/-
Mode of Payment
The applicant must submit bank draft in favour of The Registrar , B.R.A. Bihar University, Muzaffarpur with application.
Exam Pattern only for P.hD. course has been released, exam pattern for rest of the course details will be updated here.
The written test will consist of two papers:
Paper- 1 will be objective type on qualitative teaching and research aptitude. There will be 50 questions and each question will carry 2 marks.
Paper-2 will be subjective type in the subject concern and will carry 100 marks. The syllabus of this paper shall be the syllabus of the Post Graduate course of the University.
Vacancies in Different Subjects:
Official website: www.brabu.net
Insofar, Only Ph.D. course details have been announced by BRABU, rest of the information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Bihar University will release the B.Ed. and M.Ed 2019 details, Information will be updated here.