Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Bihar University popularly also known as B. R. Ambedkar Bihar University, is a state university located in the north prime of Bihar state in the city of Muzaffarpur in India. Established in 1960, this university has 37 constituent colleges. Distance education courses are also offered. Besides, the university organizes symposium, seminars and workshops. It is a premier institution of teaching and learning in the city and offers full-time and part-time courses ranging from undergraduate to postgraduate and research level.
The Courses offered by the University are approved from University Grants Commission (UGC). The university is a premier institution of teaching and learning in the city and offers various full-time and part-time courses ranging from undergraduate to postgraduate and research level. The university also acts as an affiliated link between several colleges and institutes located across the state in providing higher education. The University is a member of The Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Bihar University Admission 2018
Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Bihar University (BRABU) is conducting BRABU B.Ed. & M.Ed courses for the academic year 2018-19 for the candidates seeking admission to the B.Ed. & M.Ed courses. Entrance examination will going to be held to take admission in these courses. Candidates who are interested in the teaching sector then the Bihar University is giving a chance to those candidates to get admission to their desired courses. To apply for the BRABU 2018, candidates need to fill the application form which has already been available on the official website www.onlinebrabu.in.
BRABU Eligibility Criteria
For B.Ed course
Candidates, who are going to apply for the BRABU B.Ed., must ensure that they are eligible as per the norms of the governing council of the university. The eligibility criterion for the candidates is given below:
- The candidates with minimum 50% aggregate either in the Bachelor’s Degree or in the Master’s Degree in Science/Social Science/Humanity/Commerce.
- Candidates who have Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology in Science and Mathematics with minimum 55% aggregate or any other qualification /examination recognised by the Academic Council of respective University equivalent there to be eligible for the admission in this course.
For M.Ed course
- She/He/Transgender must have passed Bachelor Degree in Education (B.Ed., BA B.Ed., B.Sc. B.Ed., B.El.Ed., D.El.Ed. with 50% marks in each in graduate degree) from any recognized University having minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
- No such applicant shall be admitted, who has not applied for the admission within notified time or who, on being selected for admission, does not get himself/herself admitted within specified time, except where the delay has been condoned by the Competent authority for some valid reason.
Interested and eligible candidates have to fill the application form for BRABU B,Ed & M.Ed courses through online mode. The application forms will be available on the website www.onlinebrabu.in. Interested candidates must ensure their eligibility before filling the application form. Candidates are requested to submit the filled application form on or before its last date to fill the application form.
B.R.A. Bihar University, Muzaffarpur offers many courses. List of these courses is defined below. Interested candidates can check whether his / her desire course is listed or not. The University take admission in these courses through entrance exam conducted by the University. The pattern of these entrance exam will differ with different courses.
Click here to check list of courses offered by B.R.A. Bihar University, Muzaffarpur.
List of Colleges for B.Ed & M.Ed
List of B.Ed. Colleges under B.R.A. Bihar University, Muzaffarpur (Bihar) is given below. These colleges are divided into district wise. Muzaffarpur, Vaishali, East Champaran, West Champaran, Sitamarhi are the five districts. Candidates can check the list and choose desired college for admission.
Click here to check List of B.Ed. Colleges under B.R.A. Bihar University.
List of M.Ed. Colleges under B.R.A. Bihar University, Muzaffarpur (Bihar) is given below. There is only one collefe for M.Ed course under B.R.A. Bihar University. Candidates can check the list and choose desired college for admission.
|College name & Postal Address||College code||No. of M.Ed. Seats|
|L.N. MISHRA COLLEGE OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT Bhagwanpur Chowk, Muzaffarpur – 842001||APP3317||50|
- Reservation of seats for the candidates of reserved categories shall be as per State Government’s rules.
- There of 3% seats will be reserved for Person With Disability (PWD) candidates i.e. Visually Impaired (1%), Hearing Impaired (1%) & Orthopedically Handicapped (1%). These 3% seats are within the intake limit. Percentage of disability will be taken into consideration at the time of selection. The 3% seats of PWD candidates shall be filled up within the seat limit fixed for that particular category to which the PWD candidates belong to.
- The reserved category candidates shall have to submit a copy of the certificate mentioning that the candidate belongs to a particular reserved category from an officer not below the rank of S.D.M.