Bihar University Admission 2020 – Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Bihar University offeres admission to a number of courses every year. A university level entrance examination is held to take admission in these courses. Usually, the application process for all the course, that it offers begins by the month of July, every year in online mode, on its official website http://www.onlinebrabu.in. Candidates need to meet the eligibility criteria of passing with minimum marks requirement in its related lower program. To know more about Bihar University Admission 2020 like offered courses, eligibility criteria and more, continue reading!!
Bihar University Admission 2020
Candidates who are interested in the teaching sector then the Bihar University is giving a chance to those candidates to get admission to their desired courses. Candidates can apply for the asmission in BRABU for the academic session through the University Website.
BRABU Courses Offered
Following courses are offered in the Bihar University and mostly, a candidate needs to qualify for a university-level exam for admission purpose, other than meeting the minimum marks requirement.
- PG Diploma in Computer Applications
- PG Diploma in Hindi Journalism and Mass Communication
- PG Diploma in Yogic Studies
- PG Diploma in Bachelor’s in Library & Information Science
- PG Diploma in Criminology
- BBA (BA/B.Com./B.Sc. Hons (Voc.)
- BBA (Semester System)
- Bachelors in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics
- Bachelors in Industrial Microbiology
- Bachelor in Biotechnology
- Bachelor in Industrial Chemistry
- Bachelor in Industrial Fish & Fisheries
- Advertising Sales and Promotion Management
- PG Diploma in Journalism & Mass Communication
- Bachelor in Mass Communication
- Certificate in Computing
- Master’s in Library & Information Science
- Master in Journalism & Mass Communication
- 3 year degree course in Human Rights
- Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology
- MA Women Studies
- M.Sc. Fish & Fisheries
- Political Science
Post Graduation Courses
- Political Science
- Fish & Fisheries
- Yogic Studies
- Industrial Chemistry
BRABU Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria for various courses offered by the University is as follows:
For PhD Course
- The candidate who have the Master’s Degree in the concerned subject having 55% marks will be required to appear in the PAT 2020 to be held as per schedule Provided a 5% relaxation will be given to SC/ST/OBC differently abled category of candidates.
- The following categories of candidates are exempted from PAT, however they are also required to apply and appear in the interview with the candidates qualified in PAT 2020.
- Candidates who secured grants for research such as Fellowship/ Scholarship/ DBT/ ICMR/ ICAR/ DST-INSPIRE/ CSSIR/ ICHR/ etc.
- Assistant Professors, Associate Professors and professors who have been appointed on substantive post on UGC pay scale in the teaching Department of the University or a constituted college of the university and who have completed their probation successfully with an experience of at least two years of uninterrupted service would be considered under this category. Teachers appointed on self-finance courses and teacher belonging to those colleges which run of self-finance basis will not be exempted from the test.
- Non-teaching employee of the university, who are holding substantive appointed for more than five years and having at least 55% marks in Master degree in the subject concerned and with at least two research paper published in any reputed refereed journals identified by the UGC would be considered under this category.
For B.Ed course
Candidates, who are going to apply for the BRABU B.Ed., must ensure that they are eligible as per the norms of the governing council of the university. The eligibility criterion for the candidates is given below:
- The candidates with minimum 50% aggregate either in the Bachelor’s Degree or in the Master’s Degree in Science/Social Science/Humanity/Commerce.
- Candidates who have Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology in Science and Mathematics with minimum 55% aggregate or any other qualification /examination recognized by the Academic Council of respective University equivalent there to be eligible for the admission in this course.
For M.Ed course
- She/He/Transgender must have passed Bachelor Degree in Education (B.Ed., BA B.Ed., B.Sc. B.Ed., B.El.Ed., D.El.Ed. with 50% marks in each in graduate degree) from any recognised University having minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
- No such applicant shall be admitted, who has not applied for the admission within notified time or who, on being selected for admission, does not get himself/herself admitted within specified time, except where the delay has been condoned by the Competent authority for some valid reason.
For B.A./B.Sc./B.Com.(Hons. & General) Programmes
- A candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent Examination. He/She is also required to have obtain at least 45% marks at the 10+2 or Equivalent level in the subject in which he/she wants to pursue Honours.
For admission in P.G. (Postgraduate) Programmes
- A candidate must have passed Bachelor’s Degree (Hons. or General) or equivalent Examination from recognised University/Institute with the subject, possessing at least 40% marks in that subject. However, a candidate must have secured at least 40% marks in one of other subjects.
The given details regarding the course are as per the last year.
Bihar University releases the application forms on its official website, brabu.net. Candidates need to download and fill the form and send it along with self attested copies of certificates and other documents. Attested copies of mark-sheets from Matriculation onwards, Admit-card of the qualifying exam, Registration certificate, 3 passport size photographs and fee payment in offline mode. Last year, a candidate was required to send the application fee in demand draft mode only.
Details To Be Filled
- Personal Details
- Contact Details
- Education Details
- Address Related Details
Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Bihar University has provided the syllabus for the various courses offered by the university. Candidates can check the syllabus from the University’s Website and from the given below link;
Official website: www.brabu.net
Insofar, official details of Bihar University 2020 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as information brochure releases, details will be updated here.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.