Central University of South Bihar Admission to all programmes of study (UG / PG) will be through Central University Common Entrance Test (CUCET) 2019. Currently, it has 14 schools which offer 45 programs at undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. level. All the Students will be required to register themselves online on the University website, www.cusb.ac.in after the declaration of results of CUCET-2019 to appear for the Counselling. The students whose name appears in the merit list as displayed on the University website and Notice-Boards are required to present themselves with all relevant documents in original at the time of Counselling.
Central University of South Bihar Admission 2019
Every year, Central Universities of Punjab, Haryana, Jammu, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kashmir, Kerala, Rajasthan, South Bihar, Tamil Nadu, and Bangalore School of Economics participates in CUCET 2019 exam. Candidates can have a look at the schedule provided below.
|Commencement of Online Registration||13 Mar 2019|
|Closing Date of Online Registration||13 Apr 2019|
|Last date to accept the fee||13 Apr 2019|
|Date of Admit Card Upload||10 May 2019|
|Examination Date||25 & 26 May 2019|
|Answer Key Upload||27 May 2019|
|Grievances, if any upto||27 – 29 May 2019|
|Corrected Answer Key||05 Jun 2019|
|Result Declaration||21 Jun 2019|
Second Round of Admission (Vacant Seats and EWS Category)
|Admission||23 & 24 Jul 2019|
|Last round of admission (some seats remain vacant)||29 & 30 Jul 2019|
Click here to check the Notice for PhD Admission 2019 & Online Registration Process.
Cut Off Marks for UG / PG Admission 2019 & Online Registration Process
Click here to check the notice regarding cut off marks for admission 2019.
Notice for Admission 2019 Undergraduate, Postgraduate and PhD Programmes
CU South Bihar Admission 2019 – Courses Offered, Intake & Eligibility Criteria
It is advised to check the eligibility criteria of CU South Bihar before filling up the application forms. Candidates can check the seat and eligibility for each course, that this central university offers. As per the data available on the official website, a candidate needs to fulfill the following criteria. For more detailed course eligibility, check the link provided below.
- For Intermediate Programs – A candidate should be matric pass.
- For Bachelor’s Degree – A candidate should be Intermediate or Class 12 pass.
- For 3 year Law Course – A graduation degree in any course having secured 40% of marks is considered for admission.
- Other Courses – PG programmes. distance education and professional & vocational courses are also offered at this University.
General Information for Admission / Entrance Test
Candidates must make a note of this general information regarding the admission or entrance test.
- Candidates are advised to keep themselves updated with the admission test events and must report to the test center, as per the schedule.
- Students shall be admitted to the respective programmes as per the Admission Policy of the University. Regular updates are available on the University website. All eligible candidates must report themselves for the admission test to the respective test centre(s) on their own and according to the schedule.
- Admission to the programmes in this University shall be subject to fulfilling the stipulated eligibility conditions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that s/he fulfils the eligibility criteria for a particular programme as mentioned in the admission notification.
- The applicant must have appeared in the final examination. Applicants awaiting result in the qualifying examination may also apply. However, their admission shall be subject to acquiring minimum eligibility marks in the qualifying examination and they may be allowed to seek admission only on production of their final year marksheet.
- High School level knowledge of Mathematics, Computer literacy and good communication skills in English language are desirable for all the programmes.
- Short-listed candidates based on entrance test scores, will be called for counselling and admission.
- Central University of South Bihar reserves the right to launch or drop any academic programme at any stage.
- If a student is not in a position to provide any of the requisite documents/certificates at the time of admission, he shall be considered as provisionally admitted.
- Last date of submission of any of the pending documents/certificates is 30th September, 2019 failing which the admission of the student shall be liable to be cancelled.
Reservation in Admission
The University is co-educational and open to candidates from all over India. But, Central University of South Bihar Admission reserves some percent of its total seats for reserved category candidates.
- Scheduled Caste (SC) – 15%
- Scheduled Tribes (ST) – 7.5%
- Non-creamy layer OBC candidates – 27%
- Differently Abled candidates, Kashmiri migrants, and wards of Defence Personnel – 5% (on horizontal reservation basis)
- Dependents/Wards of Defence Personnel /Kashmiri Migrants/ NCC Cadets: As per the GOI rules
The Central University of South Bihar will release the list of selected candidates for admission to various programmes. The list contains CUCET candidates with their names, the candidates whose name appear in the list are selected for admission in offered programmes. Candidates have to deposit the fees. List of selected candidates will also be provided here.
Central University of South Bihar encourages its students by offering various scholarship schemes. These are the following scholarship schemes, that it offers.
- CUCET Merit Rank Holders/Semester Toppers – This performance based scholarship scheme offered for every course. Rs.1000 per month is awarded for a minimum of 75% class attendance in a sem.
- Merit cum Means Scholarship – Financial assistance is provided to deserving, economically meritorious students. The scholarship is awarded in the form of waiver of tuition fee up to 20% of students in each programme..
- Earn While You Learn Scheme (EWYL) – Candidates are provided with experience certificate of working as an assistant in labs, library, computer lab or any centre/department, office, placement section, and other specific requirements.
- Attendance Based Merit Scholarship – Candidates securing 100% attendance in a semester are provided with books, of their desired choice or reimbursed up to Rs.1000.
The Central University of South Bihar has designed a different fee structure for different courses. The candidates who are going to take admission in this can check the complete fees structure of CUSB from here.
The Central University of Bihar (CUB) was started in the year 2009, under Central Universities Act. This University started with the first academic program, MA Programme in Development Studies. Currently, it offers 4 Integrated undergraduate (UG) programmes, 16 postgraduate (PG) programmes, and 11 Integrated MPhil – PhD Programmes. These courses are offered across 14 schools in Gaya and Patna branches.
- School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science
- School of Physical and Chemical Sciences
- School of Earth, Biological and Environmental Sciences
- School of Technology
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Social Sciences and Policy
- School of Human Sciences
- School of Languages and Literature
- School of Media, Arts & Aesthetics
- School of Management
- School of Education
- School of Vocational Studies
- School of Law and Governance and
- School of Agriculture and Development
Official Website: www.cusb.ac.in.