Bihar Agricultural University Admission 2020: Bihar Agricultural University, Sabour (Bhagalpur) is a State Agricultural University which offers courses various Under Graduate, Post Graduate & Ph. D. Degree programme. Selection will be made on the basis of merit scores secured in the offline entrance exam, conducted for to Masters & Ph. D. programmes at BAC, Sabour Campus only. A candidate must have passed their bachelor’s degree with at least 60% of marks in average to apply for the admission. To know more about Bihar Agricultural University Admission 2020, keep reading!
Bihar Agricultural University Admission 2020
For admission to various Bachelor degree courses, a candidate needs to have qualified for Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination. Candidates can check the schedule of Bihar Agricultural University Admission 2020, from below.
|Last date of Online Application||25 May 2020|
|Downloading of Admit Card from University Website||10 – 16 Jun 2020|
|Date of Examination||16 Jun 2020|
|Publication of Result on University Website||05 Jul 2020|
|Date of Counselling||12 Jul 2020|
|Classes Start from||18 Jul 2020|
Bihar Agricultural University Admission 2020 Member Colleges
Bihar Agricultural University, Sabour offers B.Sc Agriculture, B.Sc. Horticulture, M.Sc. Agriculture and PhD programmes across these colleges.
- Bihar Agricultural College, Sabour, Bhagalpur.
- Mandan Bharti Agricultural College, Agwanpur, Saharsa.
- Veer Kunwar Singh Agricultural College, Dumraon, Buxer.
- Bhola Paswan Shasrti Agricultural College, Purnea.
- Dr. Kalam Agriculture College, Kishanganj.
- Nalanda Horticulture College, Noorsarai, Nalanda.
Bihar Agricultural University Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to fulfil these eligibility criteria for Bihar Agricultural University, Sabour admissions.
For UG Programmes (No university level entrance test is conducted for admission purpose)
- Interested candidates must have appeared and passed BCECE, conducted by Government of Bihar. Otherwise, should have appeared and qualified for All India Entrance Examination conducted by ICAR.
- 80% of the total seats are reserved for BCECE qualified candidates and 15% of the total seats for AIEE ICAR qualified candidates.
- Minimum Qualification – Should have passed Class 12 or equivalent level.
- Stream Passed – PCB/PCM/Agriculture
For Master Degree Programmes (University Level Entrance is conducted for admission purpose)
- Minimum Marks Requirement – 60% marks in average or 6.0/10.0 (55% marks in aggregate or 5.5/10.0 OGPA, for SC/ST candidates)
- Educational Qualification – The Candidate appearing for the Bachelor Degree Examination is also eligible to apply provisionally for admission and appear in the Competitive Test. However, he/she must have final result with required CGPA (Provisional Degree Certificate and Transcript) on or before the date of 1 st counseling
- Domicile – Only Bihar candidates are eligible to apply for Master Degree Programme.
For PhD Degree Programmes (University Level Entrance is conducted for admission purpose)
- Minimum Marks Requirement – 70% marks in average or 7.0/10.0 (65% marks in aggregate or 6.5/10.0 OGPA, for SC/ST candidates)
- Educational Qualification – The Candidate appearing in the Master Degree Examination is also eligible to apply provisionally for admission and appear in the Competitive Test for admission in Ph. D. Degree Programme. However, he/she must have a final result with required CGPA (Provisional Degree Certificate and Transcript) on or before the date of 1 st counseling
- Domicile – All candidates can apply for Ph.D. programmes.
- Note, that a candidate can apply for admission to only one subject and no change would be allowed thereafter.
Bihar Agricultural University Admission 2020 Application Form
Bihar Agricultural University, Sabour (Bhagalpur) releases the online application form for admission in various UG, Master’s Degree and Ph.d. Degree in Agriculture stream. Interested candidates can fill the online application form from the “Application Form” page. Before filling the application form candidates must ensure his / her eligibility. Application form must be filled and submitted on or before its last date. After filling the online BAU application, save a copy of application form for future reference. A candidate need not send a copy of their application form, after having filled it.
Application Form Fee: Candidates can check the Bihar Agricultural University, Sabour expected application fee, from below.
|Courses||GENERAL / EBC / BC / RCG||SC / ST|
|For Master Degree Programmes||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 250/-|
|For PhD Degree Programmes||Rs. 700/-||Rs. 350/-|
Steps To Fill The Application Online
- Register your contact number.
- Select domicile state, program and category.
- Fill personal details, Aadhar card details and educationsl qualification details.
- Upload a recent passport size photograph.
- Make a payment of the BAU Application fee.
Bihar Agricultural University Admission 2020 Admit Card
Bihar Agricultural University will release the Admit Card for the Master and PhD examination at its official website, www.bausabour.ac.in. Candidates must carry a downloadable copy of the same and carry it on the day of the offline entrance test or they will not be allowed to sit in the BAU exam center. The Registrar also issues a duplicate admit card, a day before the exam date on payment of a specified amount, along with submission of 2 photographs and proof of application submission.
Bihar Agricultural University Admission 2020 Examination Scheme
Bihar Agricultural University will conduct the entrance examination for the admission in various Master’s Degree and Ph.d. Degree in Agriculture stream offline at the chosen examination centers. Candidates who are willing to appear in the examination can check complete details on the examination from below.
- Mode – Offline (OMR Sheet)
- Admission For – Master’s and Ph.d. Degree
- Total Number of Questions – 200
- Question Type – Multiple Choice Questions
- Duration – 2 hours
- Marks Per Question – 0.5 marks.
Bihar Agricultural University Admission 2020 Counselling
Candidates called for counseling will be required to submit their relevant documents in original as given below with one set of self-attested photocopies.:
- High School/equivalent examination mark sheet as well as certificate for proof of age.
- 10+2/Intermediate Examination certificate and marks sheet.
- Bachelor Degree Certificate/ Provisional Degree Certificate and Transcript.
- Master Degree Certificate/ Provisional Degree Certificate and Transcript
- Character Certificate from Head of the Institution last attended.
- Domicile Certificate issued by the Competent Authority.
- Caste certificate issued by the Competent Authority. (in case candidates claiming reservation).
Counseling does not guarantee admission. It depends on merit and availability of seats in a particular stream/ discipline. In case, candidates fail to attend the counseling his/her candidature shall automatically stand rejected. University shall not bear any responsibility for any postal delay.
Category wise distribution of seats given below for admission to Master’s Degree Programme & Ph. D. Degree Programme is based on last year information. As the latest seat matrix will be released, the same will be updated here. Till then candidates can refer the below seat matrix for a reference.
For Master Degree Programmes
For PhD Degree Programmes
Reservation of Seats
As per the norms of the Bihar Government, the categories like UR/BC/EBC RCG/SC/ST will be allotted a seat in BAU. As this decision is final, no changes can be made after its implementation. To check the reserved seats, a candidate can keep a check at the Bihar Government website or stay updated with our page!
Refusal of Admission
- The Vice-Chancellor has the right to cancel the candidature if he/she finds this is not in the best interest of the University.
- Candidates who have permanently dropped or have been dismissed on a temporary basis shall not be considered eligible for admission. Note that, candidate concealing any facts and still applying will also not be eligible for admission.
- Candidates found using unfair means in Entrance Competitive Test will be permanently debarred from appearing in future in the Competitive Test of the University.
- No candidate is granted admission on the basis of wrong or concealed information, provided by a candidate. Such candidates candidature stands cancelled, even after having qualified for the exam.
Bihar Agricultural University Admission 2020 Fee Structure
Candidates can check the fee structure of the various courses based on last year information that BAU offers from below. Note that, if any changes we will update this page accordingly!
- B.Sc. Agriculture & Horticulture
|Category||1st Sem||Subsequent Sem|
|General||Rs. 10,025.00||Rs. 2975.00|
|BC/EBC||Rs. 8,825.00||Rs. 1775.00|
|SC / ST||Rs. 8,425.00||Rs. 1375.00|
- M.Sc. Agriculture
|Category||1st Sem||Subsequent Sem|
|General||Rs. 11385.00||Rs. 3235.00|
|BC/EBC||Rs. 9885.00||Rs. 1735.00|
|SC / ST||Rs. 9585.00||Rs. 1435.00|
- PhD Programme
|Category||1st Sem||Subsequent Sem|
|General||Rs. 9085.00||Rs. 3385.00|
|BC/EBC||Rs. 7085.00||Rs. 1835.00|
|SC / ST||Rs. 6685.00||Rs. 1435.00|
Official Website: www.bausabour.com
For more details on Bihar Agricultural University Admission, candidates may refer 2019’s information brochure – Download information brochure.
Insofar, official details of Bihar Agricultural University Admission 2020 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as information brochure releases, details will be updated here.