Nalanda University invites applications for Master degree Programs MA / M.Sc and PG diploma programmes for academic session 2019-20. The School of Historical Studies (SHS) and School of Ecology and Environment Studies (SE & ES) will offer the option of either an MA or an MSc degree depending upon the electives chosen by the student.
The university offers Post Graduation degrees in the following three schools for the Academic Year 2019-2020:
- School of Ecology and Environment Studies
- School of Historical Studies
- School of Buddhist Studies, Comparative Religion and Philosophy
- School of Languages and Literature / Humanities
Nalanda University Admission 2019
Candidates can apply online for Nalanda University Admission 2019 from the official website or from the link provided below. Before applying candidates must check eligibility criteria and all the details carefully. Candidates can find the complete information regarding the application process through the information given below.
Schedule for Nalanda University Admission 2019 is given below.
|Event||Indian Students||International Students|
|Applications open||10 Feb 2019||10 Feb 2019|
|Closes on||May 2019||May 2019|
|Entrance Exam||19 May 2019||May 2019|
|Interview Date||May 2019||May 2019|
|Results||May 2019||May 2019|
|Enrollment||Jun 2019||Jun 2019|
Graduate work in Nalanda is multidisciplinary, intense and intellectually demanding. The University has high academic standards and each School has specific requirements.
The requirements specified below are the minimum necessary for graduate admission to the University. Higher academic or language requirements may be specified by each School. You are normally expected to hold or to have achieved the following:
Eligibility Criteria for Master’s Programmes
For Indian students
A minimum of three years Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3) with at least 55% marks or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA)
For undergraduates from all other countries
English Proficiency: A requirement for all candidates
The University requires all applicants to demonstrate a high level of competence in the English language, as all courses will be conducted in English. Adherence to this requirement is strict. Students must be able to demonstrate that they are able to communicate in English at a level suitable to the Graduate Programs.
Anyone of the following will be accepted as evidence of competence in English:
- For graduates from non-Indian universities, scores of one of the accepted English Language tests (TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, PTE, STEP).
- In absence of such score, a certificate from the qualifying University/Institution stating that the medium of undergraduate study of the candidate had been English.
- Indian students must have completed their undergraduate education in English as the medium of instruction and examination. (A certificate to this effect is needed).
Eligibility Criteria for Post Graduate Diploma Programmes
The Eligibility for admission in the programme will be either of the following:
- Master’s Degree in any of the language of choice from a recognized University/institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree with specialization in any of the language of choice followed by a Master’s Degree in any stream from a recognized University/Institution
Note: The University requires all applicants to demonstrate competence in the English language.
The Nalanda University will issue the application form for Master’s and Postgraduate Diploma programmes. The form can be found on the official website and also through the link provided below. Candidates are suggested to kindly keep their personal dossier handy for quick and error less form filling. Candidates after filling the form online can submit the same and the rest of the instructions will be made available.
Application Fee is a onetime non-refundable fee that a candidate pays at the time of filling up the Application Form for Admissions, towards processing charges. Admission fee a non-refundable fees that a student pays at the time of confirming his/her admission at the University, towards registration/enrollment at the University
Application fee for Master degree Programs: Rs. 1000
Application fee for Post-graduate diploma Programmes: Rs. 500
How to apply
The application is a 2 step process.
- Step-1 – Registration and profile creation.
- Step 2 – Completion of application form with login credential which have been sent to your registered email-id.
- Step 3 – After duly filling the Application Form, Application fees need to be paid through the gateway provided in the form.
Fields marked with are mandatory. Please proceed further by clicking on Close button to complete your Registration form
Nalanda University will upload the admit card on the official website. Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website as per schedule. It is advised that the candidates take two printout of the admit card and also keep photocopies of the same just in case one gets misplaced.
- New Delhi
The entire selection process for admissions is paperless and online in keeping with the University’s commitment to sustainability.
Any offer of a place in the Nalanda University Graduate Program will depend on:
- Screening/shortlisting of Application Forms:
- Preliminary shortlisting based on eligibility, academic performance, and completeness of the Application form.
- Final shortlisting based on qualitative aspects of SoP, referee’s recommendation, written work etc.
- Personal Interview of selected candidates (In case of International students)
Screening/Shortlisting of Application Forms
It is not mandatory that all the applicants, who will fill the Application Forms, will be invited for an interview. All the completely filled in application forms would primarily be screened for their correctness and adherence to specified regulations and passed on to a select committee comprising of nominees of Vice Chancellor. The application without proper academic/professional references from the referees, specified by the candidate in the Application Form will not be accepted.
For the shortlisting of Application Forms, the committee members will evaluate the candidates on the basis of certain parameters, such as academics, statement of purpose, graded written work etc., furnished by the Applicant.
Shortlisted International candidates will be interviewed by means of video conferencing using Skype before the offer of admission is made. These candidates will be sent intimation about the schedule of the interview on his/her email. The interview on Skype will be conducted by a panel comprising of not less than two members, who are nominated by Vice Chancellor. The final shortlisting from interview session will be done on the parameters like communication skills, the confidence level of the applicant, general awareness, subject interest etc.
After the entrance examination the candidates will have to wait for the results. The results will be announced on the official website of Nalanda University. Candidates will also be able to check their result from here. A direct link will be provided to check the results. After filling the login credentials the candidate would be able to check the merit list.
The Tuition fees are the composite amount that a student pays towards academic and allied activities at Nalanda University.
- Admission fees are one-time non-refundable fees that a student pays at the time of confirming his/her admission at Nalanda University.
- The Security Deposit is an amount that has to be paid in the first semester and is refundable after the completion of the programme of study.
Along with the above mentioned fee, the candidates will also be required to submit the miscellaneous fee and security deposits.The Fees for each semester is required to be paid within the first week of registration for the courses in that semester.
Rajgir, District Nalanda,
Bihar – 803116, India
Flat No – 201 and 208 Ashoka Estates,
24 Barakhamba Road New Delhi – 110001, India
T: 011- 23358131/23358132,
Official Website: www.nalandauniv.edu.in.
For more detail of Nalanda University Admission 2019 – Download Admission Notice.
Insofar, Official details for Nalanda University Admission 2019 has not been announced yet only the application form availability date and exam date has been released. Information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Nalanda University will release the information it will be updated here.