|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
Nalanda University Admission 2017
Nalanada University invites applications for Master degree Programs MA / M.Sc for academic session 2017-18. The School of Historical Studies (SHS) and School of Ecology and Environment Studies (SE & ES) will offer the option of either an MA or an MSc degree depending upon the electives chosen by the student.
The university offers Post Graduation degrees in the following three schools for the Academic Year 2017-2018:
- School of Ecology and Environment Studies – 40 Seats
- School of Historical Studies – 25 Seats
- School of Buddhist Studies, Comparative Religion and Philosophy – 25 Seats
Schedule for Nalanda University Admission 2017 is given below.
|School of Study||Application||Application Deadline||Interview Date||Result|
|Ecology & Enviorment Science||Round-I||15 Feb 2017||21-22 Mar 2017||30 Mar 2017|
|Round-II||07 Apr 2017||08-09 May 2017||12 May 2017|
|Round-III||20 Jun 2017||05 Jul 2017||09 Jul 2017|
|Historical Studies||Round-I||15 Feb 2017||23-24 Mar 2017||2 Apr 2017|
|Round-II||07 Apr 2017||06-07 Mar 2017||13 May 2017|
|Round-III||20 Jun 2017||04 Jul 2017||10 Jul 2017|
|Buddhist Studies, Philosophy and Comparative Religions||Round-I||15 Feb 2017||09-10 Mar 2017||17 Mar 2017|
|Round-II||07 Apr 2017||04-05 May 2017||12 May 2017|
|Round-III||20 Jun 2017||03 Jul 2017||10 Jul 2017|
Nalanda University Application Form 2017
The entire application process for admissions is paperless and online in keeping with the University’s commitment to sustainability. Each completed application will be considered by the admissions team. Only applications that are complete in all respects will be evaluated. Candidates can apply online Nalanda University Admission 2017 from the link given below:
Application fee : Candidate has to pay an application fees to INR 600 (for Indian candidates) and $ 10 (for foreign nationals) while filling up the Application Form.
The University follows Rolling Admissions. We evaluate the Applications as they arrive, by shortlisting and interviewing the candidates at regular intervals. The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed from January 2017 onward. The candidates appearing in their final examination of their Bachelor‟s degree in 2017 may also register for Admission.
The seats are limited and are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Early applications help in securing the seat in the School and accommodation of choice. To avoid disappointment on these fronts it is advisable to apply for admissions at the earliest.
Graduate work in Nalanda is multidisciplinary, intense and intellectually demanding. The University has high academic standards and each School has specific requirements.
The requirements specified below are the minimum necessary for graduate admission to the University. Higher academic or language requirements may be specified by each School. You are normally expected to hold or to have achieved the following:
For Indian students:
- A minimum of three years Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3) is required.
- In Bachelor’s degree, the candidate must have secured 55% marks from any Indian University recognized by UGC/AICTE.
For under-graduates from all other countries
- A Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 15 years of prior studies i.e. in 10+2+3 pattern with a GPA of at least 2.2 or above on a 4 point scale or equivalent grade if other grade point is used.
English Proficiency: A requirement for all candidates
The University requires all applicants to demonstrate a high level of competence in the English language, as all courses will be conducted in English. Adherence to this requirement is strict. Students must be able to demonstrate that they are able to communicate in English at a level suitable to the Graduate Programs.
Any one of the following will be accepted as evidence of competence in English:
- For graduates from non-Indian universities, scores of one of the accepted English Language tests (TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, PTE, STEP).
- In absence of such score, a certificate from the qualifying University/Institution stating that the medium of under graduate study of the candidate had been English.
- Indian students must have completed their undergraduate education in English as the medium of instruction and examination. (A certificate to this effect is needed).
Admission at Nalanda University is a two tier process:
Any offer of a place in the Nalanda University Graduate Program will depend on:
- Screening/shortlisting of Application Forms:
- Preliminary shortlisting based on eligibility, academic performance, and completeness of the Application form.
- Final shortlisting based on qualitative aspects like SoP, referee’s recommendation, written work etc.
- Personal Interview by the Candidate.
Screening/Shortlisting of Application Forms
It is not mandatory that all the applicants, who have filled the Application Forms, would be invited for an interview. All the completely filled in application forms, would primarily be screened for their correctness and adherence to specified regulations and passed on to a select committee comprising of nominees of Vice Chancellor. The application without proper academic/professional references from the referees, specified by the candidate in the Application Form will not be accepted.
For the short listing of Application Forms, the committee members will evaluate the candidates on the basis of certain parameters, such as academics, statement of purpose, graded written work etc., furnished by the Applicant.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by means of video conferencing using Skype before the offer of admission is made. These candidates will be sent intimation about the schedule of the interview on his/her email.
The interview on skype will be conducted by a panel comprising of not less than two members, who are nominated by Vice Chancellor. The final short listing from interview session will be done on the parameters like communication skills, confidence level of applicant, general awareness, subject interest etc.
All the candidates must take note of the following points:
- The final offer will be sent on the email of the candidate.
- Candidates offered admission must send their acceptance within the time specified.
- The University will have a wait list and it will be the University’s discretion to use it or not.
- Wherever there is a requirement for qualitative assessment, the decision of the Selection Committee in that regard shall be final and binding.
- The admission process at Nalanda University is need blind – it is based solely on the merit of the applicant.
- Only those students, to whom an offer of admission is finally made, may be considered for any financial aid, if available.
The Tuition fees are composite amount that a student pays towards academic and allied activities at Nalanda University.
- Admission fees are one-time non-refundable fees that a student pays at the time of confirming his/her admission at Nalanda University.
- The Security Deposit is an amount that has to be paid in the first semester and is refundable after the completion of the programme of study.
The Fees for each semester is required to be paid within the first week of registration for the courses in that semester.
How to Reach
Air: The nearest airport is at Patna (110 kms). Many Indian carriers connect Patna to Kolkata, Mumbai, Delhi, Ranchi and Lucknow. Generally between October and May, flights operate from Gaya International Airport to Thailand, Yangon, Paro and Colombo. Domestic flights also operate during this period between Gaya and Delhi, Varanasi and Kolkata.
Rail: Rajgir has a railhead but the nearest major stations are Patna (110 kms) and Gaya (78 kms).
Road: Rajgir is connected by road to Nalanda (10 kms), Bihar Sharif (28 kms), Patna (110 kms), Gaya (75 kms), Pawapuri (30 kms), etc.
Bus: Regular buses are available from all the above mentioned towns to Rajgir
Local Transport: Taxis, buses and tongas are available.
For any query or information related to admission or courses, you may contact:
Manager of Admissions Mob: +91 7250891319
Email: [email protected]
53, Lodi Estate,
Council for Social Development Building,
New Delhi – 110003
Telephone: + 91- 11- 24622330
For complete detail of Nalanda University Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure