CNLU Admission 2020 – Chanakya National Law University offers admission for B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) / B.B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Course for the Academic Year under Foreign Nationals / NRIs / NRI Sponsored Category. The selection of students is strictly on the basis of merit as determined by the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) and candidates shall fulfill other requirements regarding age and qualifications as per CLAT-2020. This admission will be subject to the Reservations as per Bihar (In Admission in Educational Institutions) Reservation Act 2003 (Bihar Act 16 of 2003) besides other rules. Get here more about CNLU Admission 2020.
CNLU Admission 2020
Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting the official website when it will be released. Candidate must qualify the CLAT 2020 in order to get admission in the University. Get the expected schedule for CNLU Admission 2020 from below table:
|CLAT Result||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Admission against vacant seats||3rd week of Jul 2020|
B.A., LL.B. (HONS.) and B.B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Courses as per CLAT
- There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2019.
- As regards minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2), the candidates must have secured:
- Forty five percent (45%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCIcategories.
- Forty Percent (40%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) categories.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April, 2019 are also eligible to appear in CLAT-2019 examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
- In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
- Higher marks in the component /section on legal aptitude in the CLAT-2019 exam;
- Higher age;
- Computerised draw of lots.
Foreign Nationals Category/ NRIs/NRI
The candidates under Foreign Nationals / NRIs shall be admitted directly on the basis of their 10+2 / Intermediate marks. However, applications under NRI Sponsored Category shall be considered for direct admission of those candidates only who have appeared for CLAT 2019.
To take admission in CNLU, a candidate must appeared in the CLAT 2020. The admission will be done on the basis of CLAT 2020. The application form for the admission test will be released at the University website. Interested candidates can fill the application form by visiting the official website. Direct link to fill the Application form will also be provided here.
Expected Application Fee: As per last year information brochure, the application fee for the admission fee could be as follows:
SC/ST: Rs. 3500/-
General, OBC, PWD/SAP and other categories: Rs. 4000/-
Foreign Nationals Category/ NRIs/NRI
The applications for direct admission to B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) / B.B.A., LL.B.(Hons.) Courses for the Academic Session 2020-21 under Foreign Nationals / NRIs / NRI Sponsored Categories be sent directly to the University along with the duly filled in application forms, other relevant documents and prescribed fees.
They shall send the filled in application forms along with the copy of the admit card of CLAT 2020, other relevant documents and prescribed fees. They shall be admitted as per their Merit Rank in CLAT 2020.
Candidates who wish to apply under Foreign Nationals Category/ NRIs/NRI sponsored category shall submit the duly filled in application forms which can be downloaded from our Website www.cnlu.ac.in with all supporting documents along with DD drawn in favour of Registrar, Chanakya National Law University, Patna, payable at Patna on or before last date. Selected candidates should complete the admission formalities by paying required fees on the scheduled dates to be announced in the University Website: www.cnlu.ac.in
List of Enclosures with the Application form
- NRI/OCI Sponsorship Certificate (photocopy)
- Attested copy of the Stamped Passport of the Sponsorer.
- Attested copy of the VISA of the Sponsorer.
- Copy of CLAT Admit Card signed by the invigilator. (applicable only for NRI /OCI Sponsored candidates)
- Copy of latest Character certificate from the institution last attended indicating that he/she has never been found guilty of misconduct during the study period.
- Copy of School Leaving Certificate/ College Leaving Certificate.
- Copy of the Migration Certificate.
- Attested copy of the Statement of Marks of 10th Standard.
- Attested copy of the Statement of Marks at the qualifying examination (i.e. equivalent to Intermediate / PUC / HSC / etc.) and percentage / conversion certificate in case of Grades.
- Medical Certificate with Blood Group Certificate.
- One photograph of the Local Guardian (who shall be a near/close relative) if any.
- Demand Draft bearing no._____________________ dated___________________ for Rs 7,500/-(as per last year details)Drawn on _________________________ (Bank) in favour of ‘Registrar Chanakya National Law University’, Patna.
The selection for students shall strictly be on the basis of merit as determined by the Common Law Admission Test 2020 and candidates shall fulfil other requirements regarding age and qualifications as per CLAT-2020. This admission will be subject to the Reservations as per Bihar (In Admission in Educational Institutions) Reservation Act 2003 (Bihar Act 16 of 2003) besides other rules. They are as follows based on previous year information:
|SCs of Bihar||16%||19|
|STs of Bihar||01%||1|
|Extremely Backward Classes||18%||22|
|Women of backward Classes||03%||4|
Official Website: www.cnlu.ac.in.
For more details of CNLU Admission, candidates may refer the 2019’s information brochure – Download Information Brochure.
Insofar, official details of CNLU Admission 2020 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as information brochure releases, details will be updated here.