|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||20 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
The COMEDK UGET 2018 Counselling will be conducted after the declaration of the result. The candidates who shall qualify the examination will be eligible for the counselling round. The information regarding the counselling will be published on the official website of COMEDK at comedk.org
The counselling of COMEDK UGET 2018 shall contain the important details regarding the admission in the UG courses. Candidates need to register for the counselling round on the official website. Only the registered candidates will be eligible for the counselling round. The dates and other details of COMEDK UGET 2018 counselling are mentioned in this article. Candidates are advised to read the article further to know more about the counselling process.
Tentative dates for COMEDK UGET 2018 Counselling
Given below are the expected dates for the counselling round of COMEDK UGET 2018. These dates are based on the previous year’s information. The dates will be updated soon as per the official announcement by the concerned authority. Till then candidates can take reference of the dates mentioned below in the table:
|Registration for counselling and fee payment||1st to 3rd week of June 2018|
|Option Entry by eligible candidates||1st to 3rd week of June 2018|
|Mock allotment Results||3rd week of June 2018|
|Option changing/freezing||3rd week of June 2018|
|Publication of Real allotment-Round 1||4th week of June 2018|
|Confirmation of choice on allotment and fee payment online||4th week of June 2018|
|Document verification and Allotment letter printing||4th week of June 2018|
|Dates for surrender/cancellation||1st week of July 2018|
Process of Counselling of COMEDK UGET 2018
The process of counselling of COMEDK UGET 2018 shall be completed in 4 steps. The process of counselling will be held between June and July 2018. The interested and eligible candidates will have to register themselves for the UGET 2018 counselling on the official website COMEDK UGET 2018. The step wise instructions of the counselling process are as follows:
Step 1- Registration and Payment of Fee for the Counselling round
The candidates will only be eligible for the counselling process when they register themselves for the counselling round. The candidates need to fill the counselling fee of Rs. 5000/- within the prescribed time. Candidates must click on the “Counselling Process Tab” on the official website. Check all the information that is filled in the registration and check the payment is successful.
Step 2- Option Entry and Locking
In step two, candidates will have to fill in their choices of colleges and courses for admission within the prescribed time. The candidates need to select the preference as mentioned in the table and should be saved by the candidates. The applicants are advised to take the print out of the selected and saved choices after the confirmation of the choices.
Step 3- Mock Allotment
In the mock allotment are indicative results and candidates can change, add, delete or reorder options as course-wise and college-wise. This can be done until the last date of option entry for Round 1. After the last date of allotment of the seats will be made and the candidate’s choices will be frozen.
Step 4- Allotment of the Seats
Allotment of the seats will be done on the basis of the ranking and performance of the candidates in the entrance examination and the preference of the seats and the availability of the seats. The candidates need to download their verification entry card only after the payment of the counselling fee through online mode. The seats will be allotted in two rounds, round I and round II. After the allotment of the seats, candidates need to submit the document for verification.
Documents Required for Verification
The list of the document that will be verified at the time of counselling is mentioned below:
- Online Application form of COMEDK UGET 2018
- COMEDK 2018 Rank card
- COMEDK TAT with signature of Invigilator
- COMEDK Verification Entry Card
- Fee Payment Receipt of Rs 55000/-
- Original ID proof of the candidate
- Parent’s /Guardian’s Original ID proof
- Class 10th certificate (SSLC Certificate/Government document) as a Date of Birth proof of the candidate.
- Mark sheet of class 12th
- Reserved Category Certificate (SC/ST/OBC) if applicable.
- Tulu Minority Certificate –Issued by Principal of school/school record showing “mother tongue”
- Religious minority certificate Christian- Issued by Principal of school/school record showing “Religion”
- For candidates who have accepted the seat in HKR Minority Category
- Karnataka domicile certificate Issued by Revenue authority, not below the rank of Tahsildar
- Parents study proof in Karnataka for 7 years
- The Candidates study proof for the Karnataka candidates who have taken a seat in Linguistic/Religious Minority category if the candidate has studied for 7 years in Karnataka and has studied 10th/12th in Karnataka.
After the Verification process is completed
After the verification of documents and other subsequent process are completed, the Original allotment letter will be handed over to the candidate at the document verification venue. If it is found that the allotment letter issued to the candidate tampers, the COMEDK reserves the right to cancel such allotment and the candidate will forfeit the entire fee paid. If the original Allotment Letter is lost, the candidate will lose the selected seat as well. Hence the candidates are advised to be more careful.
Note: No duplicate Allotment letter will be issued for any reason.
The candidate must carry the following documents when reporting at the college for admission:
- Allotment Letter issued by COMEDK
- Original documents submitted at the time of counselling.
- Transfer Certificate issued by the Institution last studied
- Migration Certificate (if applicable).
Fee Refund/ And Fee Forfeiture
The part of tuition fee of Rs 5000 paid at the time of counselling will be refunded only if the candidate selects “Reject” in Round 1 or in cases of “No seat allotted” in Round 1 or Round 2. The convenience charge collected by the payment gateway is non-refundable under any circumstances.
|Fee collected by COMEDK||Amount||Fee Refund Process|
|Part of tuition fee at time of registration for counselling in Round 1||Rs 5000||Fee will be refunded if candidate has opted for “Reject and withdraw” in Round 1/ in cases of “No seat allotted” in Round 1 or Round 2
Fee will not be refunded for any other cases
|Part of tuition fee at the time of accepting the seat. i.e. Accept/Accept and Upgrade candidate in Round 1||Rs 5000||Fee will be refunded only if the candidate surrenders the seat during surrender period as mentioned in schedule post round 1.
The fee will not be refunded if the candidate surrenders the seat AFTER surrender period as mentioned in schedule post round 1.
|Part of tuition fee at time of accepting the seat i.e. Accept
candidates in Round 2
|Rs 5000||Fee will not be refunded under any circumstance|
Surrender Policy/Seat Cancellation in COMEDK 2018
Any candidate, who has accepted a seat during the Round 1, can surrender their seat within the stipulated time period mentioned in Counselling Schedule for Seat Surrender. There is no facility to surrender the seat after the Round 2 and fees paid are non-refundable in case any candidate cancels the seat after the surrender period as mentioned in counselling schedule.
Steps To Surrender Seat During Surrender Period
- Click on “Surrender Form” tab after logging in using applicant login
- Verify the details in the form and proceed only after understanding the implications of your actions.
- In case if the candidate likes to surrender/cancel your seat, click on “Yes” for surrender and Proceed. Implications:
- In case if the candidate wishes to participate in Round 2, click on “Reject and Upgrade”. Refund will be processed after Round 2 allotment only.
- In case, if the candidate does not wish to participate in Round 2, click on “Reject and withdraw”
- Lastly, click on “submit” to surrender your seat.
How to Claim Refund After Surrender Online?
- In case the candidate has completed the document verification in Round 1, then the Original Allotment and Verification Card has to be sent via registered post ONLY to COMEDK Office.
- Refund of candidates who selected the option “Reject and Upgrade” in Surrender form will be processed, only in case, they do not accept any seat in Round 2 and after receipt of Original Allotment and Verification Card, if any, at COMEDK Office.
- Refund will be done only to the same account/card that was used at the time of making the Online fee payment initially. Refund will not be initiated to any other account.