GATE 2020 Admit Card – IIT D will issue the GATE Admit Card from January 03, 2020 at appsgate.iitd.ac.in (GOAPS). The candidates have to carry the GATE 2020 Admit Card on their respective exam date out of February 01, 02, 08 and 09, 2020. The candidates can download their GATE 2020 Admit Card using the application number and password. This Admit Card is an important document required to gain entry into the exam hall along with a photo Id proof in original used at the time of filling the application. Check more details like on how to download the GATE 2020 Admit Card, date, schedule, important documents and more from this page.
GATE 2020 Admit Card
The GATE Admit Card contains information like the date of exam, time-slot, venue details, candidate’s personal information and subject related details. In case of any discrepancy in the details on the Admit Card, the candidate must contact with the exam conducting body immediately. Given below are some important dates related to the GATE 2020 exam:
|GATE 2020||Important Dates|
|official GATE mock test||09 Nov 2019|
|GATE 2020 Admit Card Download from||03 Jan 2020|
|Exam Date||01, 02, 08, 09 Feb 2020|
Download Admit Card Here: Candidates can download GATE 2020 Admit Card as per schedule at the GOAPS portal hosted at appsgate.iitd.ac.in
GATE 2020 Mock Test
IIT Delhi has released the mock test for GATE 2020. The candidates can can check the exam pattern and the know the CBT interface of GATE 2020 using the mock test of GATE 2020.
Using the links below the candidates can access the mock test of GATE 2020 for each paper for practice:
How to download the GATE 2020 Admit Card
The candidates who filled the application for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2020 can download the admit card. In order to download the GATE 2020 Admit card, the candidates may follow the steps described below:
Step 1: Go to the official GATE 2020 GOAPS website. And login using the enrollment Id/ Email Address and Password:
Step 2: The candidates are now redirected to the admit card page. Click on the “Download Admit Card” button:
Step 3: Save and Download the admit card. Take a printout of it for the day of the exam and for future use during the time of admissions or recruitment process.
Note: The candidates must take a printout of the admit card to the exam hall. No change in the date and venue of the exam is entertained by the authorities.
Retrieving Forgotten Enrollment Id and Password for GATE 2020 Admit Card
A large number of Candidates forget their login credentials during the course of filling the application form and downloading the admit card. In case the candidate has forgotten his/her login details like enrollment number or password the same can be generated by following the below mentioned steps:
Step 1: Visit the official GOAPS website and click on the “Forgot Enrollment Id and Password” button, as shown below:
Step 2: The candidate are now be redirected towards the page where he has to select which details he/ she needs :
- If you remember the enrollment Id or Email and have forgotten the password, you can receive an OTP via the Email or SMS.
- If you already have an OTP, click on already have OTP option.
Step 3: A new page opens where the Candidate has to put in their mobile number and enrollment Id / Email Id, which should be the same as given during the application process.
Step 4: The Candidate are now be redirected to the page where he/she can reset the password by adding the Enrollment Id and the OTP received. And click on Save New Password.
Step 5: The candidate can now use the Enrollment Id and New password to log in and download the GATE 2020 Admit Card.
Important Details in the GATE 2020 Admit Card
The admit card contains important details which are necessary for the candidate in order to enter the examination hall, as it is a provisional identity and eligibility certificate for the candidate. It contains important information related to the code of conduct during the exam and other relevant instructions which are strictly followed during the course of the exam.
The candidates must keep their admit card safe till the time result are announced and the admission process is complete. The data available in the GATE 2020 Admit Card are:
- Date of exam
- Day of exam
- Time of exam
- Registration Number
- Name of the Candidate
- GATE paper Subject
- Examination center details (name, address and exam center code)
Things to carry to the GATE 2020 exam center
The candidates must carry the following things to the exam center, Entry is only allowed if all things are in proper order and conform to the instructions mentioned in the brochure and Admit Card/ Hall Ticket.
- GATE 2020 Admit Card: The candidate must carry a color printed copy of their Admit Card to the examination center. No soft copy or documents on the phone is allowed.
- Government Id Proof: The candidates also need to carry their Valid Government Id proofs to the examination center along with the printed copy of their Hall Ticket.
Things not to Carry to the GATE 2020 Exam Hall
The following things are not allowed inside the exam center and the candidates are advised not to carry the following to the exam hall:
- Bags, wallets, etc.
- Calculators (Scientific or any other)
- mobile phones or any other electronic devices
- charts/tables/papers ( because Scribble pads are provided for rough work at the exam center)
Exam Day Instructions for GATE 2020
The day of the exam is a stressful and hectic day and sometimes the candidate panics due to the stressful conditions. Here are some exam day instructions the candidates can follow in order to make the exam process a smooth and easy going situation:
- Sleep early the night before and make an early start to your day, wake up refreshed and relaxed after a peaceful sleep.
- Carefully carry all the necessary documents and the printout of your GATE 2020 Admit Card (candidates are advised to arrange these things in advance)
- Re-check the exam timings and venue.
- Reach the exam hall at least 45 minutes prior to the start of the exam.
- After gaining entry in the exam center, occupy your allotted seat and read the exam instructions carefully after login.
- Keep yourself organised and relaxed at all times.
- Try not to panic if you cannot solve a question, mark it for review and move over to the next question. This saves you some precious time in the exam.
- Check once if you have solved and marked all the questions that you wish to answer.
GATE 2020 Exam Pattern
GATE 2020 follows a uniform pattern of exam for all 24 subjects, each subject paper exam is conducted according to the following pattern:
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Total Number of Questions||65|
|Marking Scheme||(i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ): |
– There are 1 or 2 mark questions
– There is Negative Marking for Wrong Answers
(For 1-mark MCQ, 1/3 mark is deducted for a wrong answer.
Likewise, for 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 marks is deducted for a wrong answer.)
(ii) Numerical Answer Type (NAT):
– There are 1 or 2 mark questions
– There is NO negative marking for Wrong Answers
|Type of questions||General Aptitude|
Subject based questions
Note: An answer key of the exam for all 24 subjects is released by the exam conducting body, once the examination process is complete.
Last minute Revision Tips for GATE 2020 Exam
The last few days before the exam are crucial for success in any exam. Here are some last minute revision tips for the GATE 2020 exam:
- Multiple Revisions are the key: Every candidate starts preparing for the exam months in advance. But the most important thing they forget is to revise what they studied over the course of time. Hence an important thing would be to revise, revise and revise.
- Solve Question Papers: Solving previous year question papers and mock tests give your confidence a boost as you are able to analyze yourself and find out the topics you have difficulty solving.
- Stay away from taking up New Topics: Starting up new topics to study creates a panic induced environment which is not healthy during the last few weeks of the exam.
- Do not forget to take a well-balanced diet and have a proper sleep schedule for yourself. Because a tired mind cannot function to its full potential.
- Lastly, do not forget to keep an optimistic attitude as positivity breeds positivity.
GATE 2020 Result
After the exam is over, the candidates can check their GATE 2020 Result and scorecard at appsgate.iitd.ac.in. The result scores of GATE is normalised for the papers that are held in multiple shift. However, for the papers that are held in 1 single shift the core is based on the candidates’ raw marks in the exam. To check the result the candidates need to use their GATE 2020 enrollment ID and password. Note that the candidates have to also doenlaod the GATE 2020 Scorecrad and keep it safe with them for admission and recruitment purpose. The scorecard of GATE remains valid for a period of 3 months from the date of declaration of the result.
GATE 2020 Admit Card Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : NO. Candidates must bring a print-out of the downloaded Admit Card to the Examination for verification along with the original and valid photo Identity Document (NO photocopy/scanned copy/NOT an expired document), which was specified during the filling up of the online application. For Indian candidates, only following identification cards will be accepted: Passport, PAN card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID and Driving License. For International candidates, ONLY a valid Passport/Government issued ID/College ID/Employee ID will be accepted as the recognized identification. The Admit Card is valid if and ONLY if the candidate’s photograph and signature images are clear and legible. The photograph on the Admit Card and that in the valid photo identity document should match with the appearance of the candidate on the day of examination.
Ans : NO. Hard copy (printed in color) of the Admit Card must be brought to the examination centre along with at least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) Identity Document (ID), which was specified during the filling up of the online application.
Ans : A scribble pad will be provided to the candidate that can be used to do the rough work. The candidate has to return the scribble pad after the examination.
Ans : NO. Candidates will NOT be allowed to leave the GATE 2020 examination hall for any reason during the examination. Candidates are allowed to leave the examination hall only after the scheduled end of the examination.
Ans : Only Admit Card, Identification Card and a pen is permitted to be taken inside the examination hall. Mobile phones, physical calculators, wristwatches, or any other electronic items are NOT permitted inside the examination hall. If a candidate brings any of these items, they have to be kept outside the examination hall at the candidate’s own risk. If the candidate is found to be in possession of these items (even if not using them), he/she will be disqualified and the result will not be declared for the candidate.
Ans : NO. During the online GATE 2020 examination, all candidates will be provided with a virtual scientific calculator which has to be used to answer the questions. Mobile phones, physical calculators, wristwatches, or any other electronic items are NOT permitted inside the examination hall.
Ans : NO. Such arrangements will not be made at the examination centre of GATE 2020. If a candidate brings personal belongings including mobile phones, they have to be kept outside the examination hall at the candidate's own risk. The GATE officials are not responsible for the safe keeping of your personal items.
Ans : Yes, there will be.