GATE 2020 Admit Card – IIT D will issue the GATE Admit Card from January 03, 2020. The candidates have to carry the GATE 2020 Admit Card on their respective exam date out of February 01, 02, 08 and 09, 2020. The candidates can download their GATE 2020 Admit Card using the application number and password. This Admit Card is an important document required to gain entry into the exam hall along with a photo Id proof in original used at the time of filling the application. Check more details like on how to download the GATE 2020 Admit Card, date, schedule, important documents and more from this page.
GATE 2020 Admit Card
The GATE Admit Card contains information like the date of exam, time-slot, venue details, candidate’s personal information and subject related details. In case of any discrepancy in the details on the Admit Card, the candidate must contact with the exam conducting body immediately. Given below are some important dates related to the GATE 2020 exam:
|GATE 2020||Important Dates|
|GATE 2020 Admit Card Download from||03 Jan 2020|
|Exam Date||01, 02, 08, 09 Feb 2020|
Download Admit Card Here: Candidates can download GATE 2020 Admit Card as per schedule at the GOAPS portal hosted at gate.iitd.ac.in
How to download the GATE 2020 Admit Card
The candidates who filled the application for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2020 can download the admit card. In order to download the GATE 2020 Admit card, the candidates may follow the steps described below:
Step 1: Go to the official GATE 2020 GOAPS website. And login using the enrollment Id/ Email Address and Password:
Step 2: The candidates are now redirected to the admit card page. Click on the “Download Admit Card” button:
Step 3: Save and Download the admit card. Take a printout of it for the day of the exam and for future use during the time of admissions or recruitment process.
Note: The candidates must take a printout of the admit card to the exam hall. No change in the date and venue of the exam is entertained by the authorities.
Retrieving Forgotten Enrollment Id and Password for GATE 2020 Admit Card
A large number of Candidates forget their login credentials during the course of filling the application form and downloading the admit card. In case the candidate has forgotten his/her login details like enrollment number or password the same can be generated by following the below mentioned steps:
Step 1: Visit the official GOAPS website and click on the “Forgot Enrollment Id and Password” button, as shown below:
Step 2: The candidate are now be redirected towards the page where he has to select which details he/ she needs :
- If you remember the enrollment Id or Email and have forgotten the password, you can receive an OTP via the Email or SMS.
- If you already have an OTP, click on already have OTP option.
Step 3: A new page opens where the Candidate has to put in their mobile number and enrollment Id / Email Id, which should be the same as given during the application process.
Step 4: The Candidate are now be redirected to the page where he/she can reset the password by adding the Enrollment Id and the OTP received. And click on Save New Password.
Step 5: The candidate can now use the Enrollment Id and New password to log in and download the GATE 2020 Admit Card.
Important Details in the GATE 2020 Admit Card
The admit card contains important details which are necessary for the candidate in order to enter the examination hall, as it is a provisional identity and eligibility certificate for the candidate. It contains important information related to the code of conduct during the exam and other relevant instructions which are strictly followed during the course of the exam.
The candidates must keep their admit card safe till the time result are announced and the admission process is complete.
- Date of exam
- Day of exam
- Time of exam
- Registration Number
- Name of the Candidate
- GATE paper Subject
- Examination center details (name, address and exam center code)
Things to carry to the GATE 2020 exam center
The candidates must carry the following things to the exam center, Entry is only allowed if all things are in proper order and conform to the instructions mentioned in the brochure and Admit Card/ Hall Ticket.
- GATE 2020 Admit Card: The candidate must carry a color printed copy of their Admit Card to the examination center. No soft copy or documents on the phone is allowed.
- Government Id Proof: The candidates also need to carry their Valid Government Id proofs to the examination center along with the printed copy of their Hall Ticket.
Things not to Carry to the GATE 2020 Exam Hall
The following things are not allowed inside the exam center and the candidates are advised not to carry the following to the exam hall:
- Bags, wallets, etc.
- Calculators (Scientific or any other)
- mobile phones or any other electronic devices
- charts/tables/papers ( because Scribble pads are provided for rough work at the exam center)
Exam Day Instructions for GATE 2020
The day of the exam is a stressful and hectic day and sometimes the candidate panics due to the stressful conditions. Here are some exam day instructions the candidates can follow in order to make the exam process a smooth and easy going situation:
- Sleep early the night before and make an early start to your day, wake up refreshed and relaxed after a peaceful sleep.
- Carefully carry all the necessary documents and the printout of your GATE 2020 Admit Card (candidates are advised to arrange these things in advance)
- Re-check the exam timings and venue.
- Reach the exam hall at least 45 minutes prior to the start of the exam.
- After gaining entry in the exam center, occupy your allotted seat and read the exam instructions carefully after login.
- Keep yourself organised and relaxed at all times.
- Try not to panic if you cannot solve a question, mark it for review and move over to the next question. This saves you some precious time in the exam.
- Check once if you have solved and marked all the questions that you wish to answer.
GATE 2020 Exam Pattern
GATE 2020 follows a uniform pattern of exam for all 24 subjects, each subject paper exam is conducted according to the following pattern:
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Total Number of Questions||65|
|Marking Scheme||(i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ):
(ii) Numerical Answer Type (NAT):
|Type of questions||(i) General Aptitude
(iii) subject based questions
Note: An answer key of the exam for all 24 subjects is released by the exam conducting body, once the examination process is complete.
Last minute Revision Tips for GATE 2020 Exam
The last few days before the exam are crucial for success in any exam. Here are some last minute revision tips for the GATE 2020 exam:
- Multiple Revisions are the key: Every candidate starts preparing for the exam months in advance. But the most important thing they forget is to revise what they studied over the course of time. Hence an important thing would be to revise, revise and revise.
- Solve Question Papers: Solving previous year question papers and mock tests give your confidence a boost as you are able to analyze yourself and find out the topics you have difficulty solving.
- Stay away from taking up New Topics: Starting up new topics to study creates a panic induced environment which is not healthy during the last few weeks of the exam.
- Do not forget to take a well-balanced diet and have a proper sleep schedule for yourself. Because a tired mind cannot function to its full potential.
- Lastly, do not forget to keep an optimistic attitude as positivity breeds positivity.
GATE 2020 Admit Card FAQs
Check below some of the most frequently asked questions for GATE Admit Card:
Ques. When and how will I receive my GATE 2020 Admit Card?
Ans. The candidates will be able to download their GATE 2020 Admit Card as per schedule from the official GOAPS portal. The Admit Cards will not be sent by post, they can only be downloaded online.
Ques. How many printouts of the GATE 2020 admit card should be carried for the exam?
Ans. One Hard (printed in color) copy of the Admit Card is necessary to be carried to the exam center. However, the candidates are advised to keep one spare copy in case of an emergency.
Ques. Will only the Admit Card be sufficient to gain entry into the GATE 2020 exam hall?
Ans. No, the candidates must bring along a valid government photo Id proof with the Admit Card to gain entry into the exam hall.
Ques. Can I carry the GATE 2020 Admit Card as a soft copy on my phone?
Ans. Only a Hard copy (printed in color) of the Admit Card must be brought to the examination center along with the original and valid Identity Proof which was specified during the filling up of the online application.
Ques. Should I carry a printed copy of my Application form along with the Admit Card to the exam hall?
Ans. No, you do not have to carry the Application Form to the exam hall. However, you must keep a copy of it at home during the whole course of Application till the time of final Admission.
Ques. I have applied for the GATE 2020 exam from two different states and both the Applications have been successfully submitted. Will my candidature be cancelled?
Ans. Yes, the GATE 2020 Information Brochure clearly states that multiple form submissions will lead to cancellation of candidature.
Ques. My name on the GATE 2020 Admit Card is printed wrong, what shall I do?
Ans. The candidates are advised to contact the exam conducting authorities before the exam dates regarding any discrepancy in the GATE 2020 Admit Card.
Ques. Can rough work be done on the GATE 2020 Admit Card?
Ans. No, the candidates are not allowed t write on the Admit Cards. Scribble Pads for the same will be provided at the examination center to each candidate for doing rough work.