Finally, Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) Delhi has declared GATE 2020 result. The IIT took us all by surprise by declaring te result 3 days before the scheduled date. The intial date of declaration of the GATE result was March 16, 2020, but it has been declared today on March 13, 2020. Note that the result declared now is only for the information of the candidates. The scorecard of GATE 2020 will be available later on, from March 20, 2020.
IIT Delhi has announced the result but candidates will be able to check it in a while. Newspapers have received data for GATE result from the IIT and here are all the updated you need to know.
GATE 2020 Result Live Update
Here, you can get all the live updates on GATE 2020 result, cut off, scorecard, and more.
6:10 pm: GATE 2020 result is out on GOAP – check here
5:40 pm: Cut off for GATE 2020 has also been announced. Check it from here.
5:15 pm: Official website for GATE 2020, gate.iitd.ac.in, is not working. There is a high possibility that the result will be out soon.
5:00 pm: For the first time, Biomedical paper was held in GATE. The code for it is BM and as per the news paper reports, the cut off for GATE BM 2020 is as follows:
- General / EWS – 25
- OBC – 22.5
- SC / ST / PwD – 16.6
4:50 pm: Names of GATE 2020 toppers has also been announced. In all. there are 29 toppers and these are:
- Aerospace Engineering – Bharath Kumar K
- Architecture and Planning – Kintan Shah
- Agricultural Engineering – Vikrant Chauhan
- Biomedical Engineering – Ganesh Shivajirao Kulkarni
- Civil Engineering – Ajay Singhal
- Instrumentation Engineering – Krishna Singh Rajput
- Biotechnology – Pranav Milind Deo
- Instrumentation Engineering – Naraharisetty Sai Sandeep
- Chemical Engineering – Sachin Singh Naruka
- Civil Engineering – Sumit Dewda
- Computer Science and Information Technology – Hitesh Poply
- Geophysics – Upendra Kumar Gupta
- Electronics and Communication Engineering: Kalpit Agrawal
- Chemistry: Krishan Panja
- Mechanical Engineering: – Vikash Kumar
- Textile Engineering and Fibre Science – Priya Rathore
- Electronics and Communication Engineering – A Pavankumar Reddy
- Electrical Engineering – Abhash Rai
- Mining Engineering – Priyanshu Maheswari
- Ecology and Evolution – Sveekruth Sheshagiri Pai
- Petroleum Engineering -Gaurav Kumar
- Geology – Rohan Nandy
- Production and Industrial Engineering – Suryansh Garg
- Physics -Harshita Sharma
- Metallurgical Engineering – Jaya Gupta
- Mathematics -Pradeep Singh
- Statistics – Pramit Das
- Engineering Sciences -Devendra Singh Negi
- Life Sciences – Tamoghna Chowdhury
4:30 pm: As per news reports, 8,58,890 candidates registered for GATE 2020 and of these 6,85,088 appeared for the exam. Of these, 18.8 per cent candidates have qualified the exam.
4:10 pm: Candidates are now frantically looking for GATE 2020 result. However, it is not available at GOAPS.
3:40 pm: IIT had to announced GATE result on March 16, 2020. However, today at 3:40 pm it uploaded the notice for result announcement. It looks as shown below.
Early Release of GATE 2020 Result Is Unexpected by Normal
Almost every year, IIT releases GATE result earlier than the expected date. You can check it from the table below. However, until now it was only released a day before the due date but this time IIT D released it 3 days before the actual date.
|Year||GATE Result Out On||Date for the Release of Result|
|2020||13 Mar||16 Mar|
|2019||15 Mar||16 Mar|
|2018||16 Mar||17 Mar|
|2017||26 Mar||27 Mar|
|2016||18 Mar||19 Mar|
|2015||11 Mar||12 Mar|
How to Check GATE 2020 Result
The GATE result is released the login of the candidates. No intimation about the scores is sent to the candidates via any other mode. Therefore to check the result candidates can follow the steps below:
- Click on the direct link for GOAPS or visit GATE official website, gate.iitd.ac.in.
- On GOAPS, please enter the login details that are GATE enrollment id / e-mail id and password.
- Next under the login fo the candidates, the link to check the GATE result is made available
- Click on the link and check the result of GATE 2020.
GATE 2020 Qualifying Cutoff
To qualify the exam, the candidates need a minimum qualifying mark in the exam. These marks vary from paper to paper and also vary category wise. The qualifying marks are known with the result itself.
The cut off is the minimum marks to be obtained by a candidate to be declared as qualified. Those who obtain marks equal to or greater than the cut off marks are declared as qualified and are eligible to participate in the further admission process.
As per last year’s details, the cutoff marks of GATE were
Important Dates of GATE 2020 Result and Scorecard
As per the initial announced dates of GATE 2020 result by IIT Delhi, the schedule for GATE result declaration is as follows:
|GATE result out on||13 Mar 2020|
|Downloading of scorecard begins from||20 Mar 2020|
|Last Date to download the scorecard||31 May 2020|
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national level entrance examination conducted for admission in M.Tech / M.Arch / M.Plan courses offered at IITs, IISc, etc. Other than the admission process, the score for GATE is also used for recruitment purposes. The exam is conducted in the computer-based mode for 25 subjects. The score for GATE is valid for 03 years.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.