UCEED is conducted for the admission for B.Des programme in IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, and IIITD Jabalpur. To qualify for the Admission a good preparation is required from the end of candidates. The preparation requires hard work and smart study at the same time. Every candidate has their own strategies for the preparation of the exam. Every topic for UCEED 2019 should be prepared according to exam pattern. Practice previous questions paper and focus on the topics related to UCCED 2019 exam.
How to Prepare for UCEED 2019
Candidates can prefer books for better preparations. Join some coaching institute that provides quality education and good faculty. Above all, candidates should have good knowledge of exam syllabus and exam pattern. Check the exam pattern for UCEED 2019.
UCEED 2019 Exam Pattern
- Mode Of Examination: Computer-based Test
- Duration of Exam: 3 hour
- Mode of Paper: English
- Total Marks: 300
- Number of Section: 3 section ( A, B, C)
|A||Numerical Answer Type||4 marks|
|B||Multiple Select Question||4 marks|
|C||Multiple Choice Question||3 marks|
- No negative marking is done in section A and B.
- -1 (minus one) will be awarded for the wrong answer in Section C.
UCEED 2019 Syllabus
Visualization and spatial ability
- Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test
- understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships
- knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts
Observation and design sensitivity
- Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them.
- Applying attention to certain details, analyzing, reasoning, classifying, inferring
- Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
Environmental and social awareness
- General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure, and environment.
- Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses.
- History of art, sculpture, and literature.
Analytical and logical reasoning
- Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information.
- Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria.
- Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions.
- Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.
- Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
Language and creativity
- Ability to understand and use Standard English.
- Reading comprehension
- knowledge of English grammar such as sentence structure and usage, the use of tenses, verb patterns, articles, and active and passive constructions etc., and vocabulary skills.
- Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
Design thinking and problem solving
- Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs, and symbols.
- Ability to understand complexity, identify problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions.
Preparation for UCEED 2019
In UCEED exam check the candidate observation skills, visual ability, spatial ability (ability to deduce from the shapes), sensitivity to design requirements and social and environment. awareness. No questions will be related to the drawing. Check some preparation strategies for qualifying the exam.
Observe surrounding: We can find lots of new designs process happening around us. One such process may form the basic question for MCQ and MSQ in UCEED exam. Think how you can solve those issues using different designs.
News: Be up to date with the news that is important with respect to society. It will also improve the English comprehension. Be up to date with the History of art, sculpture, and literature. News will be much helpful for Environmental and social awareness.
Visualization and Spatial Ability: Candidate should have the ability to manipulate 2-dimension and 3-dimension shapes. Aspirants should have good knowledge of shape combining, matching two-dimensional shapes, mirror images, maps etc.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.