IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Entrance Exam – National Testing Agency has released the IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam date for admission in the January 2021 session. IGNOU B.ED 2020 Entrance Exam Date is April 29, 2020. The registration for the computer based exam starts from January 31, 2020. The exam is held at a national level and across 135 cities approximately. The candidates who qualify the entrance exam are eligible to take admission in the B.Ed program of IGNOU after appearing for the counselling process held in the offline mode. For more details on IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Entrance Exam like eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, preparation resources etc, read below.
Latest: NTA has released the IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Entrance Exam Dates. Check the same below.
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Entrance Exam
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Entrance Exam is being held by NTA but IGNOU is responsible to compile the nodal regional center wise merit list for admission. IGNOU B.Ed 2020 is an online entrance exam for 2 hours of duration. The candidates can check below important dates:
|Online Application Form (Start Date)||31 Jan 2020|
|Online Application Form (End Date)||29 Feb 2020|
|Last Date of fee payment||Feb 2020|
|Correction in Particulars of Application Form||Feb 2020|
|Downloading of Admit Cards||01 Apr 2020|
|Date of Examination||29 Apr 2020|
|Date of Answer Key||Apr 2020|
|Challenge of answer key||Apr 2020|
|Result / Merit List||10 May 2020|
|Counselling||To be announced|
NTA’s Press Release Regarding IGNOU B.ED 2020 Entrance Exam Dates
The candidates can check below the notice that NTA has released regarding the dates of the entrance exam. Along with the B.Ed entrance exam dates, the candidates can also check the IGNOU OPENMAT dates for admission in the MBA courses at IGNOU.
IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2020
The candidates who have a rank in the merit list have to perform the steps below to get admission in IGNOU B.Ed 2020 course:
- The candidates have to fill in the admission form available in e-prospectus.
- Also, they have to attach the self-attested copy of documents as specified in the Admission Form.
- The original documents are then verified later at the time of admission.
- Counselling is held at the Nodal RC.
Reservation in IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Admission
The admission is based on the reservation norms of IGNOU. The reservation criteria are as follows:
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||27%|
|Kashmiri Migrant||1 Seat in the national merit|
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates can check below the eligibility criteria to appear in IGNOU B.Ed 2020:
- At least fifty percent marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other equivalent qualification.
- The following categories are eligible to be students of B.Ed. (ODL):
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
- Candidates who have completed an NCTE recognized teacher education program through face-to-face mode.
Note that the candidates of the reserved categories are given 5% marks. The reserved category candidates include – SC/ST/OBC (Non creamy layer)/PWD candidates.
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Application Form
The candidates have to apply online for the entrance test. The eligible candidates can check the steps below to apply online for IGNOU B.Ed 2020:
Part 1: Registration
Part 2: Fill the complete application form
Part 3: Uploading of the scanned images
Part 4: make the payment of the application fee
Part 5: Printing if the confirmation page generated
Application fee: Rs. 600/-
Mode of payment: The candidates can make the payment using any one of the following modes-
- Through Debit/Credit card
- Through Net Banking
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Admit Card
The candidates who apply for the entrance exam and are registered for the same are issued the IGNOU B.ED 2020 Admit Card to appear in the entrance exam. In the admit card candidates can check the Centre, Date, and Shift of the Examination. With a printed copy of the admit card, the candidates can enter the exam center and appear for the exam.
The IGNOU B.ED 2020 Admit Card is available in the online mode only under the login of the candidates. No admit card is sent to the candidates via post or email. Apart from the exam center, date and shift the candidates have to look for the information of the admit card like your Name, Subject Group, Date of Birth, Gender, Examination Centre Name, City, and Category.
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Exam Pattern
The candidates can check below the pattern of the exam:
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Types of Questions||MCQ|
|Medium of Paper||English and Hindi Only (for B.Ed.)|
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Exam Centres
The candidates can check below the exam centers where the IGNOU B.Ed 2020 exam is to be held:
|State||Test City||State||Test City|
|Andaman and Nicobar||
|Jammu and Kashmir||
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Entrance Exam Answer Key
NTA uploads the Question paper, responses attempted by the candidates and the draft Answer Key. Candidates can challenge the answer key on the official website. Candidates are advised to save the question paper and answer responses for future responses. The procedure for challenge of Answer Key provided below. Candidates are required to pay online a sum of Rs. 1000/- (one thousand only) as processing fee for each question challenged. The processing fee will be refunded if the challenge is found correct. No challenge shall be entertained without receipt of processing fee.
Answer Key Archive:
- Click here to download final answer key for B.Ed.
- Click here to check the Question paper, responses and the draft Answer Key.
Procedure for Challenge of Answer Key:
- Go to the officila website or click on the above link.
- Login with your Application Number and Date of Birth and enter Security Pin as
displayed and Submit.
- Click on ‘CLICK HERE FOR CHALLENGES REGARDING ANSWER KEY’.
- You will see Question IDs. They are in sequential order.
- The ID next to the question under the column ‘Correct Option(s)’ stands for the correct Answer Key to be used by NTA.
- If you wish to challenge this option, you may use any one or more of the Option IDs given in the next four columns by clicking the check box. If you feel that the Question is incorrect, select the option ’Yes’ given under ‘Is Question incorrect’.
- After clicking your desired option, scroll down, ‘Save your Claims’ and move to next screen.
- You will see a display of all the Option IDs you have challenged.
- You may want to upload supporting documents in which you can select ‘Choose File’ and upload (all documents to be put in a single pdf file).
- Click on ‘Save your Claim Finally’.
- You will find a screen displaying your Challenges Claimed.
- Kindly pay the fee by clicking on ‘Click here to Pay Fee’.
- Select Mode of Payment and Pay your fee @ Rs. 1,000/- for each question challenged. Make payment through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking only.
- In case your challenge is found correct, your fee will be reimbursed in the same account.
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Result
The candidates who appear for the entrance exam can check their result in the online mode only at the website of NTA. The result is based on the marking scheme for the exam. Which means the candidates get +1 marks for all the correct answers marked in the exam and there is no negative marking. The candidates can check their qualifying status in the IGNOU B.Ed Result and if their status is shown as qualified then they are eligible for admission.
Preparation of merit list for admission:
The preparation of the final merit list for admission is done by IGNOU and not NTA. The merit list is prepared nodal Regional Centre (RC) wise. The admission shall be only based on the ranks of the candidates in the merit list.
About IGNOU B.Ed Course
The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) program of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has been designed with the aim to develop an understanding of the teaching-learning process at an upper primary/secondary and senior-secondary level among student teachers.
- Duration: The minimum duration of the program is two years. However, the maximum period allowed for completion of the program is five years.
- Medium of instruction: English and Hindi medium
- Program Fee: The program fee of IGNOU B.Ed 2020 is Rs. 50,000/- for the entire program.
- Program Structure: The IGNOU B.Ed 2020 program is a mix of theory and practical courses to facilitate student-teachers in acquiring skills and competencies necessary for teaching-learning at the secondary/senior secondary level. The table below shows the entire program structure:
|Core Course||16 Credits|
|Content-based Methodology Courses
|Workshop – I||04 Credits|
|EPC I and II||04 Credits|
|Internship – I||04 Credits|
|Core Course||12 Credits|
|Optional Courses||04 Credits|
|Workshop – II||04 Credits|
|EPC III and IV||04 Credits|
|Internship – II||12 Credits|
A Student has to score 72 credits for the successful completion of the IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Programme.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India (GOI) has established the National Testing Agency (NTA) as an independent autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organization. The Agency is responsible for conduction of may national and university entrance tests like JEE Main, DUET, IGNOU OPENMAT, NEET UG, JUNEE & CEEB, ICAR etc.
In this line, NTA has also been entrusted with the conduction of the B.Ed. entrance test of Indira Gandhi National Open University. The exams are all in CBT mode and held across various centers of the nation.