IISER Admission 2020 – IISER has postponed the special round of counseling through JEE (Advanced) and SCB. Earlier, IISER Aptitude Test 2020 Answer Key has been released at iiseradmission.in. Indian Institute of Science Education & Research conducts IISER Aptitude Test 2020 for admission in BS and BS-MS Dual Degree Program offered at IISERs at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, and Tirupati. The Aptitude Test is held in an offline mode. IISER Aptitude Test is held for the candidates who apply via the State and Central Boards Channel (SCB) mode of admission. The other mode of admission available is via KVPY and JEE. For more details on IISER Admission 2020, keep reading.
– JEE (Advanced) & SCB special round counselling schedule has been postponed and a new date will be announced shortly.
– IISER has released the list of the selected candidates for counseling round 1. Scroll down to check the same.
IISER Admission 2020
Through IISER 2020, admissions to a total of 1325 seats are conducted at all the IISER. Aspirants who wish to study in this college can have a look at this page to know the complete details about this exam, what are the formalities which the student needs to do and other important things about it.
Candidates appearing for IISER 2020 must have an idea of all the important dates that are related to this exam. It is important because if they miss any of these dates related to each of the events, they shall not be allowed to appear for the examination. Check all the expected dates for IISER 2020.
IISER 2020 Important Dates
|Event||Admission through KVPY||Admission through JEE Advanced||Admission through SCB|
|Commencement of Online Application||24 Apr 2020|
01 Aug 2020
|23 Mar 2020|
|Last Date to Register|
18 Aug 2020
02 Sep 2020
18 Aug 2020
|Uploading Marks and Category|
29 Aug (00:05 AM ) – 04 Sep 2020 ( 11:55 PM)
29 Aug (00:05 AM ) – 04 Sep 2020 ( 11:55 PM)
|Mock Test link available from||–||07 – 17 Sep 2020|
07 Sep 2020
18 Sep 2020 (9:00 am to 12:00 pm)
|Answer key releases||–||–|
19 Sep 2020
|Answer key challange window||–||–|
20 – 22 Sep 2020
|Final answer key releases||–||–|
23 Sep 2020
|First round of seat allotment. |
SAF begins with float/freeze
01 Oct 2020
|First Round SAF closes|
05 Oct 2020 by 10 pm
|2nd round allotment SAF begins with freeze only|
|2nd round SAF closes|
|3rd round SAF begins||12 Nov 2020||12 Nov 2020|
|3rd round SAF closes||17 Nov 2020||17 Nov 2020|
|Withdrawal of SAF closes|
|Reporting at allotted IISER|
|4th Round SAF closes||–||–|
|Commencement of classes|
IISER Admission 2020 Counselling Schedule
For JEE (Advanced) Counselling Schedule
For SCB Counselling Schedule
For KVPY Counselling Schedule
IISER Admission 2020 Changes Due to COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, the following changes has been made in IISER admission 2020
- The cut-off marks in 10+2 as eligibility for IISER Admissions 2020 is modified as follows: either 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade for General/ OBC and OBC-NCL categories and 55% for SC/ST/PWD in any boards or the cut-off marks already announced for each of the boards in the admission website, whichever is lower.
IISER 2020 Answer Key
The IISER 2020 Answer Key shall be released after the exam has been conducted. It will be released on the official website of IISER. This shall be a provisional answer key. Students who feel that there is mistake in the IISER 2020 Answer Key, they can raise challenges for the same. For this, they might need to give some proofs as well for the answer which they are challenging.
One important thing which the students must ensure is that they submit the challenges well before the last date. After it, no challenges shall be accepted. The expert committee will check all the challenges and then release the final IISER 2020 Answer Key.
Answer Key: Click here to check Answer Key Download link.
IISER 2020 Admit Card
The IISER 2020 Admit Card is important for those students who shall be appearing for the aptitude examination. It will be released online on the official website of IISER only for those students who opted for SCB method for applying to the college. Students will have to enter the login details to download the IISER 2020 Admit Card.
The admit card of IISER 2020 shall contain details such as name, roll number, day and date of the examination, test venue details etc. Candidates have to reach the exam hall as per the time mentioned in the admit card. It might also be possible that they need to bring a valid Id Card along with the admit card. They will not be allowed to enter the exam hall if they do not bring the IISER 2020 Admit Card and other important documents as per the official information.
IISER Admission 2020 Update
Due to Covid-19, the following amendments are made in the IISER Admissions 2020 as one time exception.
- The cut-off marks in 10+2 or eligibility for IISER Admissions in 2020 be modified as follows: either 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade for General/ OBC and OBC-NCL categories and 55% for SC/ST/PWD in any boards or the cut-off marks already announced for each of the boards in the admission website, whichever is lower.
IISER 2020 Application Process
After checking the IISER 2020 Eligibility Criteria, the students have to next fill the IISER 2020 Application Form. It is the most important step which the aspirants need to complete if they wish to appear for this examination. They need to fill the form, whether they are planning to go for any of the methods: KVPY Method, JEE Advanced Method or through SCB Method.
Apply here: Click here to complete the registration process.
Step 1 – Registration
The first step is the registration process for the exam. For this stage, it is required that the students have a valid and working E-Mail Id and phone number. It is because all the communications regarding the examination will be sent through both of these methods. At this stage, they will have to enter the details as asked in the form like name, phone number, E-Mail Id etc and other such details. After it, the students will get the login details so as to fill the rest of the IISER 2020 Application Form.
Step 2 – Login
In the next step, the candidate has to login to the portal to complete the IISER 2020 Application Form. Different details might be there for all the categories. Candidates have to fill the details correctly. Also, they will need to upload some documents as well. It should be ensured that the all the details are filled and the documents uploaded and saved simultaneously as well.
Step 3 – Payment
After doing so, they will be redirected to the payment window. Here the student needs to pay the mentioned application fee through the credit/debit/net banking methods. It should be known that without paying the application fee, the student shall not be allowed to appear for the exam. Also, they need to take a printout of the application form. It has to be submitted at the time of admission process.
IISER 2020 Application Fee
Applicants of IISER 2020 must note that they have to pay an application fee as well at the time of filling the application form. Without paying the application fee, the application of the students shall be treated as invalid and hence the student shall not be allowed to appear for the IISER 2020 Exam.
- General and OBCNC categories: Rs 2000
- Kashmiri Migrants, physically handicapped candidates, and candidates under SC/ST category- Rs 1000
The payment has to be made through the secure payment gateway such as Credit and Debit Card, Net Banking and UPI. For candidates applying through one or more methods, separate fees have to be paid. It should be ensured that the payment has been completed successfully.
IISER 2020 Institutes
The following institutes take students for admissions to the various courses through IISER 2020 Result
- IISER Berhampur- 100 seats
- IISER Bhopal- 250 seats(Basic Sciences – 200; Engineering Sciences – 50)
- IISER Kolkata- 200 seats
- IISER Pune- 225 seats
- IISER Mohali- 200 seats
- IISER Thiruvananthapuram- 200 seats
- IISER Tirupati- 150 seats
Courses at IISER
The following courses are offered at the campuses of IISER which the aspirants can have a look at:
- Five-year BS-MS programme in Engineering Sciences
- Four years BS Programme in Economic Sciences in IISER Bhopal. For taking admissions to this course, it is important that the student has the Mathematics as the subject at 10+2 level
IISER 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The first and foremost important thing for the students who are planning to appear for this exam is to check the eligibility criteria for the exam. It is important to do so because if, at any stage, it is found that the student is not meeting any of the criteria, they shall not be allowed to take admissions. Admission in IISER is conducted in three ways. Hence the eligibility criteria for all the three is different. Have a look at the expected IISER 2020 Eligibility Criteria.
a) Through Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
Students who seek admission to this institute through this method need to ensure that they have a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from the current academic session. There also might be some additional criteria which the students need to meet.
b) Joint Entrance Examination of Indian Institutes of Technology (JEE)
Students who wish to take admission to the premier institute through this channel must have secured rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2020. Those belonging to reserved category must have their category rank within 10000.
c) State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
This is the 3rd way by which the students can take admission to this college. Those who have passed (10+2) level with science stream in 2020 or 2019 with marks equal to or above the cut off percentage are eligible to apply. It is different for all the respective boards. Candidates belonging to the Non-Creamy Layer of the Other Backward Classes (OBCNC) and Persons with Disability (PD) categories, there is a 5% relaxation.
IISER 2020 Syllabus
Aspirants who are preparing for IISER 2020 must have the syllabus for this exam while they are preparing for it. With the help of the syllabus, the students will have an idea of what all topics are there from which the questions might be asked in the exam. The syllabus of IISER 2020 is based on the topics of Class 11th and Class 12th NCERT Syllabus. Check the list of all the important topics for all the subjects under IISER 2020 Syllabus.
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Electronic devices
- Communication Systems
- Physical World and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Motion of Systems of Particles and Rigid body
- Alternating Current
- Properties of bulk matter
- Behavior of perfect gas and kinetic energy
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Some Basic Concept of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter
- Redox Reactions
- The s-block Elements
- The p-block Elements
- Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- Environmental Chemistry
- The solid state
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- General principles and processes of isolation of elements
- The p-block elements
- The d- & f-block elements
- Coordination compounds
- Haloalkanes and haloarenes
- Alcohols, phenols and ethers
- Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids
- Organic compounds containing nitrogens
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Diversity in the living world
- Structural organization in animals and plants
- Cell structure and function
- Plant physiology
- Human physiology
- Genetics and evolution
- Biology and human welfare
- Biotechnology and its application
- Ecology and environment
- Relations and functions
- Trigonometric Functions
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Principle of Mathematical Induction
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Linear Inequalities
- Permutations and Combinations
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequences and Series
- Straight Lines
- Conic Sections
- Introduction to Three Dimensional Geometry
- Limits and Derivatives
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Continuity and Differentiability
- Application of Derivatives
- Applications of integrals
- Differential equations
- Three dimensional geometry
- Linear Programming
IISER 2020 Important Books
IISER 2020 preparation requires that the aspirant has the best set of books with them. Good books will help the candidate get their concepts cleared and also practice a lot of questions. Check out some good books for IISER 2020 which the aspirants must have with them.
Books for Biology
|Daily Practice Problem (DPP) Sheets||Buy Online|
|Dinesh Objective Biology||Buy Online|
|Pradeep’s Objective Biology||Buy Online|
Books for Chemistry
|Universal Self Scorer Chemistry||Buy Online|
|Problems in Physical Chemistry||Buy Online|
|Advanced Problems in Organic Chemistry||Buy Online|
Books for Physics
|Concepts of Physics (Set of 2 Volume)||Buy Online|
|Dinesh Objective Physics||Buy Online|
|Problems In General Physics||Buy Online|
|Handbook of Physics||Buy Online|
Books for Mathematics
|Mathematics for Class 12 by R D Sharma (Set of 2 Volume)||Buy Online|
|A problem book in mathematical Analysis||Buy Online|
|A Problem Book in Algebra||Buy Online|
|Elementary Mathematics||Buy Online|
IISER 2020 Preparation Tips
Students who have prepared well for major engineering entrance examination such as JEE Advanced and Jee Main will be able to sail through this examination. What additional is required are some preparation tips for the examination. These tips will immensely help the students in clearing the clouds of doubts about this exam. Read on some important preparation tips for IISER 2020 Exam.
- Have the syllabus with you. This is the most important thing which the students have to do if they are appearing for the examination.
- The next crucial thing to know is the exam pattern. It will be a beneficial thing for the students who are preparing for it.
- Practice a lot of questions. This will help you develop the habit of approaching a question.with all thAe possible solution. Also make short notes of various topics which are important for the exam.
- Practice from the previous year papers. Doing so will help you get an idea of what type of questions have been asked in the examination and what they can expect in the upcoming exam.
- Have proper rest and food. It is important so that the mind is fresh and active during the exam day.
Cutoffs for Various State and Central Boards
We have told you that the students need to have a minimum cutoff percentage to be eligible for appearing in the IISER Aptitude Test, in case they are appearing for the examination. Have a look at the cutoff marks for various central and state boards for IISER Admissions 2020.
IISER 2020 Sample Paper
For the comfort of the students, the IISER provides sample paper or the model paper to the students. The model papers are available on the official website of IISER. Through these, the candidates can have an idea of how the questions are likely to appear in the exam. We are giving the links of all the papers as available on the official website of IISER. Students can download it and practice questions from there.
|Paper||Link to Download|
|Model Paper 1 (English)||Click Here to download|
|Model Paper 2 (English)||Click Here to download|
|Model Paper 3 (Hindi)||Click Here to download|
IISER 2020 Exam Pattern
The students who shall be appearing for the IISER 2020 Aptitude Test must have an idea of its exam pattern. If they know the exam pattern, they will be better able to plan their preparation so that they ace this exam with great marks. We are giving the IISER 2020 Exam Pattern on the basis of previous year trends for the same.
- Mode of Examination: Pen and Paper Based Test
- Nature of Questions: Multiple Choice Question
- Language of the Question: English and Hindi
- Total Time Allotted: 180 minutes
- Total Number of Questions: 60
- Total Number of Sections: 4
- Number of Questions in each section: The question distribution in each section is as follows:
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions|
IISER 2020 Marking Scheme
Now that the students know about the exam pattern of IISER 2020, they must also have idea of the marking scheme for the same. It will be useful at that time when the institute shall release the IISER 2020 Answer Key and the student would like to have an idea of their performance. Take a look at the expected IISER 2020 Marking Scheme:
- Marks for Correct Answer: +3 marks
- Marks for Wrong Answer: -1 marks
- Marks for Unanswered Questions: 0 marks
Candidates are advised that they mark the answers carefully since there is negative marking in the exam and if they choose the wrong answer, they will lose marks and hence their chances will reduce of getting selected.
IISER 2020 Result
The result of IISER 2020 shall be declared after the final IISER 2020 Answer Key has been released. It will be available online on the official website of IISER. The result will be different for all the 3 categories which are through KVPY, through JEE Advanced and through SCB Channel. The eligible students shall be offered admissions to the college as per the rank obtained by them in the entrance exam or the other way around.
Those who shall be offered the admissions will have to complete some formalities which include paying the Seat Acceptance Fee and other related options. If the student has paid the SAF, then they can avail the Float facility which can be used for admissions to any other IISER in case, the student has taken admission in one of the IISER.
Official Website: iiseradmission.in
For more information about IISER Admission 2020 – Download Instructions
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.