IIST Admission 2020 – Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) is the Deemed University established by the Department of Space(DOS), Government of India. IIST conducts exam for the admission process for post-graduate, doctoral and post-doctoral programmes. IIST Undergraduate Admission will be done on the basis of the JEE (Advance) ranking. IIST is situated at Valiamala in Thiruvananthapuram. Eligible and interested candidate can register by filling the application form till the last date. For more information regarding the IIST Admission 2020, a candidate can visit the official website i.e. iist.ac.in.
– IIST Admission 2020 Rank List is now available. Scroll down to check the same.
– IIST Admission 2020 Schedule for Seat Allotment/ Acceptance Round has been released. The candidate can check the same from below.
– IIST UG Admission 2020 schedule has been revised. Scroll down to get the details.
IIST Admission 2020
IIST conducts the examination for engineering courses in different steams. IIST also provides the dual degree courses. For more details regarding the IIST 2020 candidate can go through the below-mentioned schedule.
|Opening of Online Registration||27 Sep 2020|
|Last Date of UG Online Registration||07 Oct 2020|
|Online publication of IIST UG Admission Rank List||08 Oct 2020|
|Date of Online filling of Choice (branches)||09 Oct 2020|
|Seat Allotment/ Acceptance rounds||10 Oct 2020|
|Re-validation of registration of Waiting List Candidates||22 Oct 2020 (Re-validation – I)|
04 Nov 2020 (Re-validation – II)
|Spot Admissions Notification, if required|
(in case of vacancies)
|Spot Admissions Registration, if required|
(applicable only for remaining wait-listed candidates
after last round of seat allotment)
16 – 18 Nov 2020
|Spot Admissions, if required. (Online)|
(applicable only for remaining wait-listed candidates
after last round of seat allotment)
|Closing of Admission|
|Commencement of Classes|
|Last date for joining|
IIST Admission 2020 – Updates
- Click here to check IIST Admission 2020 Rank List.
- Click here to download IIST Admission 2020 Schedule for Seat Allotment/ Acceptance Round.
Courses Offered by IIST 2020
Candidate can check the offered couses mentioned below. This below mentioned offered courses is based as per the last year details.
- B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering
- B.Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering (with specialization in Avionics)
- Dual Degree (B.Tech. and Master of Science/M.Tech.)
- M.Tech in Astronomy and Astrophysics
- M.Tech in Solid State Physics
- M.Tech in Earth System Science
- M.Tech in Optical Engineering
IIST Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Below mentioned details are based as per the last details. Interested candidates who want to apply for IIST Admission 2020, they must full fill all the eligibility criteria as discussed below-
- The candidates who are having Indian citizen that can only apply for IIST Admission 2020.
- General and OBC category candidates must be born on or before 1st October 1993, and candidates who belong to SC, ST, and PD category must be born on or before 1st October 1988.
- The candidate must have the valid and certified proofs to their age.
- The Candidate must secure 75% in their 12th board exam. The percentage can be relaxed for the SC, ST, and PD up to 65%. The below mentioned five subjects will be considered for calculating the aggregate marks.
- Any language-related subject (if the candidate has taken more than one language, then the language with
the higher marks will be considered)
- Any subject other than the above four (the subject with the highest marks will be
Qualifying examination (anyone)
- Candidate must be 12th pass from the recognized board by Association of Indian Universities.
- The two-year pre-university exam by any recognized board.
- Vocational Higher Secondary examination.
- Senior secondary school examinations conducted by National Institute of open schooling with minimum 5 subjects.
Qualification Criteria For admission in B.Tech courses at IIST through Jee (Advanced) 2020
Candidate should appear for the JEE (Advance) and should secure minimum qualification criteria as mentioned below-
- For General Category maximum aggregate marks will be 20% and minimum aggregate marks will be 5% in each subject i.e. Physics, chemistry, and Maths
- For OBC and other backward classes, maximum aggregate marks will be 18% and minimum aggregate marks will be 4.5 in three subjects i.e Physics, chemistry, and Maths
- For SC, ST and PD maximum aggregate marks will be 10% and minimum aggregate marks will be 2.5% in each subject i.e Physics, chemistry, and maths.
IIST UG Admission Process
Candidate who are interested in taking admission in the UG courses at IIST, the candidate firstly go through the eligibility criteria. If the candidate finds himself/herself eligible according to the mentioned eligibility criteria then the candidate can register himself/herself by filling the application form from the IIST online application portal.
IIST 2020 Application Form
Candidate can register himself/herself by the filling the online application form. Candidate needs to fill the correct and valid details in the application form if the information related to the candidate founds invalid or incorrect then that candidate will be disqualified and he/she will not able take part for any further procedure.
How to register
- Candidate can follow the below-mentioned steps for registering himself/herself-
- Firstly visit the IIST online application portal.
- Click at the link in which undergraduate admission 2020 is mentioned.
- Application form page will open fill the asked details and click on the submit button.
- After registration candidate will get their registration number and password. The candidate must take note of their registration number and password because it will be needed for the further intake of the information.
- After completion of the registration, Fee payment page will open candidate has to pay the registration fee by using SBI-COLLECT.
Below mentioned Registration Fee details are for UG Courses –
|Male candidates in General/|
|Female candidates in General/|
|All SC/ ST/ PD candidates||Rs. 300/-|
Note: The registration fee will not be refundable.
IIST UG Ranklist
Category wise rank list will be prepared. Rank list will be prepared on the basis of the aggregate marks scored by the candidate in the JEE (Advanced) 2020. If more than one candidate will score the same aggregate marks then tie-breaking criteria will be followed.
Tie Breaking Criteria
- Higher rank will be given to the candidate who has scored higher marks in Mathematics.
- If the tie still exists then, higher rank will be given to the candidate who scored the higher marks in Physics.
- Even if the tie exists then, higher rank will be given to the candidate who scored the higher rank in JEE(Main) examination, in the respective category.
Online Choice Filling
The candidates whose name will be there in the rank list that candidates can fill the online choice filling for filling the online choice candidate needs to login first at the IIST admission portal for login candidates need to mention their registration number and password. Candidate can fill their own choice of the branch but keep in mind that your filled choice will automatically get saved and the candidate will not able to re-correct it or change it so after deciding the choice of branch filL the choice. It will be not necessary to give all three choices. Select only those branches in which you are interested. Online Choice Filling will be done till the last date and time only. It will be not necessary that the first preferred choice will be given to the candidate this will depend on the number of seats vacant in the branches if the number of seats is vacant then the candidate first choice will be preferred and if the seat is not vacant then the second and third choice will be preferred.
IIST releases the IIST Cut Off for admission to undergraduate, post-graduate, doctoral and post-doctoral programmes. The cut-offs will be based on the ranking list and on the basis of the candidate’s categories. After the release of the cutoffs, candidate can check the cutoffs at the IIST official website.
How to check IIST 2020 Cut Off
The steps to check the IIST 2020 Cut Off are as follows.
- Go to the official website of the IIST 2020.
- Click at the link in which IIST 2020 cut off is mentioned.
- Now, select category, enter the Captcha and click on the Submit button.
- Check the cut-offs from the lists of colleges shown or search by District, Branch Or Code.
- Then click the Select button in front of the college name.
- Now, you will be able to check the IIST 2020 Cut Off.
The candidates who have given the confirmed seat during the seat allocation round. The candidate has to accept the seat by performing by below-mentioned steps-
- The candidate has to pay Rs.48400/- by the online procedure as the total fee for the 1st semester, till the last date and time.
- The candidate has to upload the scanned photo of all the mark sheets and certificates, before the specified date/time.
- The candidate has to report the any of the 15 specified ISRO centers before the last date and time for the verification of original certificates and mark sheets.
Seat Matrix for different programme
|B.Tech. (Aerospace Engineering)||60 + 6*+3**|
|B.Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engineering)||60 + 6*+3**|
|Dual Degree (B.Tech. + Master of Science/Master of Technology)||20 + 2*|
*From 2019 academic year and as per the directive, reservation for the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) to the extent of 6 (six), 6 (six), and 2 (two) seats (10% of last year’s total strength) in the branches of Aerospace Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering and Dual Degree, respectively have been implemented.
**Beginning 2020 academic year and as per the recent directive from AICTE, supernumerary seats under the Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme for Jammu & Kashmir students (PMSSS) in the branches of Aerospace Engineering and Electronics and Communication Engineering is being implemented. The selection under this category will be carried out by the PMSSS Cell of AICTE adhering to the minimum eligibility criteria prescribed by IIST.
IIST UG Fee Structure
The fee structure per semester is as follows:
|Hostel and dining charges||Rs.14400/-|
|Student Amenity Fee||Rs.4000/-|
- The First Semester Fee has to be paid through an online transfer at the time of acceptance of allotted seats during the admission process. Fees for the remaining semesters have to be paid at the beginning of each semester before the notified date.
- At the time of joining the institute, students are required to remit a caution deposit of INR 13000 which is refundable (without interest) at the time of leaving the institute.
- Hostel and Dining charges are applicable only for the academic period of the semester and hence will not cover expenses incurred during the vacation period, except at the end of the sixth semester, when students undertake credited Summer Internships.
- Except for Tuition Fee, the other components are subject to revision, and any changes will be informed well in advance.
Reservation of Seats
As per the reservation policy of the Government of India applicable to Central Educational Institutions (CEI), candidates belonging to the following categories are admitted to reserved seats based on relaxed criteria. The categories and the corresponding percentage of reservation are:
- For Scheduled Castes (SC)- 15%
- For Scheduled Tribes (ST)- 7.5%
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)- 27%
- Persons with Disabilities (PD)- 5%
Official website: iist.ac.in
For getting the more details about IIST UG Admission 2020 – Download Information Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.