IIST 2018 Rank List for B.Tech Admission will be prepared on the basis of JEE Advanced 2018 score. The candidates are able to check the IIST Rank List category-wise. Along with it, the schedule and the details about the counselling will also be announced. Candidates featured in the rank list of IIST 2018 will be called for verification and seat allotment round. The Candidate may follow this article to keep them updated about the proceedings in the IIST 2018 Rank List.
IIST Rank List 2018
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) does not conduct its own entrance exam. Instead, it considers rank and score on the national level examination to grant admission. The IIST B.Tech Admission in the institute is granted on the basis of JEE Advanced score.
In all, there are 140 UG seats in the institute. Hence, to select the candidates for admission, the institute prepare a rank list. The list will display the names of those candidates who are called for the admission.
|JEE Advanced 2018 was held on||20 May 2018|
|Answer key for Advanced paper available from||29 May 2018|
|JEE Advanced result announced on||10 Jun 2018|
|The online registration for IIST available||05 to 18 Jun 2018|
|Rank list for IIST B.Tech Admission expected to release on|
|Choice Filling by Candidates||22 to 27 Jun 2018|
Check Result: Rank list will be published on www.iist.ac.in.
Who will be Placed in IIST Rank List?
Two major requirements to be featured in the rank list of IIST B.Tech Admission is that:
- The candidate should have qualified JEE Advanced 2018.
- Candidates should satisfy the institute’s eligibility criteria for admission
JEE Advanced 2018 – Not all the JEE Advanced qualifiers are allowed are eligible for IIST Admission. Only those candidates will be featured in the rank list, who will secure required minimum marks in exam, as well as each section.
The required minimum marks are as below:
|Category||Total Marks in Exam||Minimum Marks in Each Section||Minimum Marks Overall|
|General||360||5% of Sectional Marks
|20% of Total (72 marks)|
|OBC-NCL||360||4.5% of Sectional Marks
|18% of Total (65 marks)
|SC/ST/PD||360||2.5% of Total Marks
|10% of Total Marks (36 marks)|
Eligibility Criteria – The criteria for eligibility to be met by the JEE Advanced qualifiers, for being selected in the IIST B.Tech Rank List are:
- Candidate must be a national of India.
- Applicant should have been born on or after October 01, 1993. For SC/ST/PD candidates the criterion is October 01, 1988.
- In class 12th, the candidate must have secured 75% marks. However, the SC/ST/PD candidates just need to secure 65% marks.
- The subjects in qualifying exam must be Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Language, and one another subject.
How will the Rank Allocated to the Candidate?
The Institute will evaluate all the applications submitted by the candidate and will delimit the candidates on the basis of their JEE Advanced Score and eligibility factor. To determine the marks of the candidates in class 12th, the best score will be used.
However, if the score of candidates is allotted out of 100 in the exam then the marks will be scaled to 100 and then the total marks will be calculated out of 500. If the candidates only receive a grade in the qualifying exam then the candidates will be required to attain a certificate, specified the grade vs marks details. The certificate can be obtained from the Board.
Tie Breaking method for IIST:
During the rank allotment, if it is noticed that the rank of more than one candidate is closing then the following method will be used to break the tie:
- Higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Mathematics.
- If this does not break the tie, higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who secured higher marks in Physics.
- If there is a tie even after this, higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who secured higher rank in JEE(Main)-2018 examination, in the respective category.
Candidates will be Able to Check the Rank List From Here
When the Rank List will be available, the student can check it from here. The rank list will be published online, according to the category. The list will be updated as per the below-given categories.
- IIST B.Tech General Rank List
- IIST B.Tech SC Rank List
- IIST B.Tech ST Rank List
- IIST B.Tech PD Rank List
The rank list will contain the IIST 2018 Registration Number, Name of the Candidates, JEE Advanced 2018 Rank, IIST Rank.