Kerala University UG Admission 2020 – The Kerala University is granting admission in the UG courses. The candidate who desires to obtain admission under the University of Kerala for the First Degree Programme should compulsorily register online before the closure of registration. Admissions to UG courses is based on the marks obtained in the qualifying examination. Interested candidates can read the complete details regarding Kerala University UG Admission 2020 such as the application form & fee details, Eligibility criteria, selection process etc. on this page.
Kerala University UG Admission 2020
Admissions to the seats to be filled by the University to the First Degree Programmes (except those specifically mentioned) are regulated on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination. The details of seats to which admissions are made through the rank list prepared accordingly are contained in the relevant paragraphs. Following are the important dates of Kerala University UG 2020:
|Notification (Subject to the publication of Plus Two results)||2nd week of May 2020|
|2nd week of May 2020|
|Trial Allotment||Last week of May 2020|
|Closure of Registration||1st week of Jun 2020|
|First Allotment||1st week of Jun 2020|
|Second Allotment||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Third Allotment||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|College Joining||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Commencement of classes||Last week of Jun 2020|
- Notwithstanding anything contained in the Statutes, the selection of students in Government colleges shall be governed by the rules prescribed by the Government from time to time with the concurrence of the University in respect of such admissions.
- A pass in Higher Secondary Examination/Vocational Higher Secondary Examination of the Government of Kerala or an Examination accepted by the Academic Council as equivalent thereto”.
For subjects which are not being offered at the qualifying Examination level, the marks of related subject or subjects, a knowledge of which is essential for the study of the subject proposed to be chosen for the First Degree Programme, shall be added to the total marks for the purpose of ranking.
A. First Degree Programmes under the Faculty of Science
B. First Degree Programme under the Faculty of Social Sciences
C. First Degree Programme under the Faculty of Arts
D. First Degree Programmes under the Faculty of Oriental Studies
The candidates who have passed the VHS E Examination are also eligible for applying for the Programmes coming under the Faculty of Oriental Studies. (U.O. No.Ac.AII/1/16984/2011, dated 02.01.2012.)
E. First Degree Programmes under the Faculty of Commerce
F. First Degree Programme under faculty of Fine Arts
G. Career-related First Degree Programme under faculty of Fine Arts
H. Career-related First Degree programs
B Voc Degree Programme
Note: Relaxation of marks in the qualifying examination as per rules (for SC/ST-pass minimum, S EBC- 2% & PWD – 5% relaxation in the qualifying examination from the prescribed minimum for admission.)
Interested and Eligible candidates need to apply online from the official website of Kerala University, admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in as per the schedule. Before filling up the application Form candidate must ensure their eligibility criteria very carefully. The direct link to apply online is also provided above in the quick links section.
As per Last Year
The Registration Fee will be as follows
- For General/SEBC candidates: Rs 420/-
- For SC/ST candidates: Rs 210/-
Candidates should pay the registration fee by using the online payment facility after clicking on the “Pay Online” button. After completing the payment, the candidate should continue the registration process.
Note: The online payment receipt should be kept safely as the same is to be submitted to the college at the time of admission.
Online Centralized Allotment Process
Trial Allotment: A trial allotment will be conducted to give an idea about the chances of getting an allotment to a Programme and college, based on the options registered and the rank of the candidate. The trial allotment does not guarantee the candidate, a seat in a College or a Programme.
First Allotment: After the trial allotment and the period earmarked for revising options, the first allotment list will be published in the website admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in on the date to be notified. The allotment list will show the personal details, the college and the Programme to which the candidate is allotted to and the fee to be remitted. The candidate has to download the allotment memo which has to be produced before the Principal at the time of admission, from the website after entering details of the prescribed fee. The candidates who get allotment have to remit the University fee and ensure their seat, and those who fail to remit the fee in time will not be considered for further allotment. The candidates will have to follow the notification of the University with regard to the date of admission in the concerned college.
Fee structure for General candidates is as follows:
Fee Details for SC/ST candidates:
- The University Fee once remitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Application forms for Matriculation and Recognition are to be collected from the candidates and submitted to the University along with the online transaction slip of University Fee.
- Candidates SHALL NOT remit the fee in any other form like Demand Draft, Cheque, etc.
- Those candidates who do not remit the fee on or before the date specified and in the specified method vide Clause 8.3 will lose their current allotment as well as the eligibility for further allotments.
- Failure to report for Admission: Candidates who do not take admission on the prescribed date will lose their admission. They will not be considered for any further regular allotments under any stream.
- Candidates have the freedom to change their password; however, they should take note of the password and application number carefully for future login.
- Application of candidates who do not register their personal and academic data online and who do not give their options online within the time schedule will not be considered for allotment. No opportunity will be given to incorporate any details after the last date of submission of application. Late or defective application will not be considered under any circumstances.
- Any kind of false information will lead to cancellation of admission.
- Any boards, where the grades are awarded instead of marks, the candidates should enter the corresponding marks, while entering the academic data.
- No rounding of marks / percentage to the nearest whole number will be permitted.
- The University will not entertain any request for change of the dates of Online Centralized Allotment.
- Any other item not specifically covered in this prospectus will be decided by the University and that decision shall be final.
- Preventive measure against ragging: If an applicant for admission is found to have indulged in ragging in the past or if it is noticed later that he/she had indulged in ragging, admission shall be refused or he/she shall be expelled from the educational institution.
Official Website: admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in
For More Details of Kerala University UG Admission 2020 – Download 2019’s Prospectus.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.