Kerala University UG Admission 2018 – The Kerala University is granting admission in the UG courses. The candidate who desires to obtain admission under the University of Kerala for the First Degree Programme should compulsorily register online before the closure of registration i.e. by June 08, 2018. Admissions to UG courses will be based on the marks obtained in the qualifying examination. Interested candidates can read the complete details regarding Kerala University UG Admission 2018 such as the application form & fee details, Eligibility criteria, selection process etc. on this page.
Kerala University UG Admission 2018
Admissions to the seats to be filled by the University to the First Degree Programmes (except those specifically mentioned) are regulated on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination. The details of seats to which admissions are made through the rank list prepared accordingly are contained in the relevant paragraphs. Following are the important dates of Kerala University UG 2018:
|Closure of online application form||08 Jun 2018|
|First Allotment||12 Jun 2018|
|Second Allotment||19 Jun 2018|
|Third Allotment||25 Jun 2018|
|College Joining||26 to 29 Jun 2018|
|Buffer date for college joining||30 Jun 2018|
|Commencement of Classes||02 Jul 2018|
|Fourth Allotment (First supplementary allotment)||05 Jul 2018|
|College Level Spot Admission|
|Closing date of Admission||05 Sep 2018|
Spot admission information for self- financing colleges, IHRD centers, and UIT centers, For SC/ST has published below. Desired Candidates can check the information from the direct link provided below or check the official website i.e admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in.
- Click here to check the press released regarding the Spot round to be held on September 25, 2018.
- Click here to check the College wise Spot admission rank list.
- Click here to check notice regarding new courses sanctioned in certain colleges.
- Click here to check additional seats sanctioned to various courses.
- Click here to check Vacancy position for college-level spot admission.
- Click here to check Notice regarding spot admission at govt. aided colleges.
- Click here to check the List of new UIT’s sanctioned.
- Click here to check the spot admission for self-financing colleges, IHRD centers, and UIT centers.
- Click here to check the spot admission for SC/ST.
- Click here to check the zone wise college list for the SC/ST spot admission to be on 24th and 26th July 2018.
Interested and Eligible candidates can apply online from the official website of Kerala University, admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in. Before filling up the application Form candidate must ensure their eligibility criteria very carefully. The direct link to apply online is also provided above in the quick links section.
The Registration Fee will be as follows
- For General candidates: Rs 350/-
- For SC/ST candidates: Rs 150/-
The Registration Fee can be remitted either in online mode or by using a downloaded Chalan `in any branch of State Bank of India’. In case of offline payment, the original pay-in-slip (University’s Copy) from the bank should be kept safely as the same is to be submitted to the Principal at the time of admission. A candidate who does not belong to SC/ST Community will be treated as “General” candidate for this purpose. Candidates shall not remit the fee in any other form like Demand Draft, Cheque etc.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in the Statutes, the selection of students in Government colleges shall be governed by the rules prescribed by the Government from time to time with the concurrence of the University in respect of such admissions.
- A pass in Higher Secondary Examination/Vocational Higher Secondary Examination of the Government of Kerala or an Examination accepted by the Academic Council as equivalent thereto”.
N.B – For subjects which are not being offered at the qualifying Examination level, the marks of related subject or subjects, a knowledge of which is essential for the study of the subject proposed to be chosen for the First Degree Programme, shall be added to the total marks for the purpose of ranking.
A. First Degree Programmes under the Faculty of Science
B. First Degree Programme under the Faculty of Social Sciences
C. First Degree Programme under the Faculty of Arts
D. First Degree Programmes under the Faculty of Oriental Studies
The candidates who have passed the VHS E Examination are also eligible for applying for the Programmes coming under the Faculty of Oriental Studies. (U.O. No.Ac.AII/1/16984/2011, dated 02.01.2012.)
E. First Degree Programmes under the Faculty of Commerce
F. First Degree Programme under faculty of Fine Arts
G. Career-related First Degree Programme under faculty of Fine Arts
H. Career-related First Degree programmes
B Voc Degree Programme
Note: Relaxation of marks in the qualifying examination as per rules (for SC/ST-pass minimum, S EBC- 2% & PWD – 5% relaxation in the qualifying examination from the prescribed minimum for admission.)
Online Centralized Allotment Process
Trial Allotment: A trial allotment will be conducted to give an idea about the chances of getting an allotment to a Programme and college, based on the options registered and the rank of the candidate. The trial allotment does not guarantee the candidate, a seat in a College or a Programme.
First Allotment: After the trial allotment and the period earmarked for revising options, the first allotment list will be published in the website admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in on the date to be notified. The allotment list will show the personal details, the college and the Programme to which the candidate is allotted to and the fee to be remitted. The candidate has to download the allotment memo which has to be produced before the Principal at the time of admission, from the website after entering details of the prescribed fee. The candidates who get allotment have to remit the University fee and ensure their seat, and those who fail to remit the fee in time will not be considered for further allotment. The candidates will have to follow the notification of the University with regard to the date of admission in the concerned college.
Official Website: admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in
For More Details of Kerala University UG Admission 2018 – Download Prospectus.