Magadh University Distance Education 2020 – Directorate of Distance Education,Magadh University will release the notification regarding the admission into various U.G and P.G courses on the official website magadhuniversity.ac.in. Candidates seeking admission into Magadh University Distance Education can fill the Application form by downloading it and Information brochure from the official website. Application form and Brochure along with the application fee and the documents required must reach the University before the last date. Admission to the course will be done on First-come first-serve basis but for B.Ed university will conduct an entrance exam.For more information about Magadh University Distance Education 2020 courses, eligibility read the page below.
Magadh University Distance Education 2020
Magadh University was established in 1962 and today it has 44 constituent colleges, 85 affiliated colleges, and 24 P.G department and established Directorate of Distance Education (DDE) approved by UGC-DEB, State Govt. of Bihar. Check the expected dates for admission into Magadh University Distance Education 2020 from table below:
|Magadh University Distance Education 2020||Expected Date|
|Availability of form||01 week of Aug 2020|
|Submission of Application Form||Last week of Aug 2020|
|B.Ed Entrance Exam||Aug 2020|
Courses Offered in Magadh University Distance Education 2020
Candidates can check all the courses offered by the Magadh University under DDE from the table below:
- Master of Arts in Economics
- Master of Arts in Hindi
- Master of Arts in History
- Master of Arts in Political Science
- Master of Arts in Psychology
- Master of Arts in Sociology
- Master of Arts in Education
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS)
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)
Magadh University Distance Education 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fufille the eligibility criteria of course as given by the University to seek admission in Magadh University Distance Education, check criteria from the table below:
- B.Ed. (ODL) programme – Candidates seeking admission into B.Ed have to appear for the entrance exam, fulfilling the mentioned below criteria:
- Candidates who have passed Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity with minimum 50% marks can apply for the B.Ed course. OR
- who have completed Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification recognized by the Academic Council of Magadh University equivalent can apply for the B.Ed.
- P.G programmes (M.A) – Those who have completed Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline or any other equivalent qualifications recognized by the Academic Council of the Magadh University can apply for any P.G programme
- BLIS Programme – Candidates who have completed 10+2 or equivalent can apply for BLIS programme.
- MLIS Programme – Candidates who have completed Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science can apply for MLIS programme.
Magadh University Distance Education 2020 Application Form
Candidates are required to download the Application and Information brochure from the official website. Duly-filled and prospectus is to be send with self attested copies of the documents required. Application fee is to be send through Demand Draft in favor if University. Candidates have to submit the application form along with the prospectus fee before the last date via Hand delivery or via post. Candidates have to fill the application form clearly and in capital letters.
Application Fee- Application fees as per the last year is mentioned below:
|Category||B. Ed (ODL)||P.G Programme||BLIS||MLIS|
|SC/ ST/ PH||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 250/-||Rs. 250/-||Rs. 250/-|
|General||Rs. 1,000/-||Rs. 500/-||Rs 500/-||Rs. 500/-|
Documents to be Enclose with Application form –
- Certificate of Training in Elementary Education (in case of B.Ed programme)
- Self-attested copies of the Marks-sheet of the qualifying examinations.
- Self-attested copy of the Matriculation Certificate of proof of age.
- Caste Certificate, issued by the competent authority (DM/SDO) or any other authorized officer in respect of SC/ST (Self-attested copy)
- 5 colored photographs, to be pasted in the application form.
- Demand Draft (DD)
B.Ed Entrance Exam Details
Candidates applying for the B.Ed programmes must know the exam pattern and marking scheme of the exam. Check entrance exam details of B.Ed from below:
- Mode of exam – Pen- Paper based (offline mode)
- Types of questions -Objective type (MCQs)
- No of questions – 100 questions
- Total number of marks – 100 marks
- Marking Scheme – 1 marks for correct answer and 0 marks for incorrect answer.
- Distribution table of Questions and Syllabus –
|S.no||Part – A||Part – B|
|1.||General English comprehension||Science faculty|
|2.||Logical and Analytical Reasoning||Humanities faculty|
|3.||Educational & General Awareness||Social Science faculty|
|4.||Teaching-Learning and the school||Commerce faculty|
|Total no. of questions||80 questions||20 questions|
B.Ed Entrance Exam Admit Card – B.Ed (ODL) Admit Card will be released online on the official website. Candidates can download the admit card with Roll number allotted by the university, date and time of Examination from the official website.
Result – B.Ed result will be declared in the form of merit list. Qualified candidates can check their ranks according to their marks. Selected candidates will be called for the counselling process on the basis of the merit list.
Magadh University Distance Education 2020 Admission Process
For the P.G programmes, BLIS and MLIS, admissions will be strictly made on the basis of the performance in counselling. Selected candidates will be informed by the University for the counselling process, after which candidates will have to report centre along with the original documents for the verification process.
For B.Ed programme, candidates will be selected for counselling on the basis of the merit list. Merit list will be prepared by the marks scored by the candidates in Entrance Exam. After which admission will given to the candidates on their performance in counselling.
Candidate will also have to submit the prescribed fee for the course through Demand Draft/Challan. Cash payment or online payment will not be accepted except in exceptional case.
Reservation of Seats
In courses like M.A in Education, other P.G courses, BLIS and MLIS reservation of seats will be as per State Govt. rules applicable in academic institutions. reserved candidates will have to submit a copy of the certificate as a proof.
Reservation of seats for B.Ed course for Intake 500 seats is given below:
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
Magadh University Distance Education 2020 Fee Structure
Candidates can check the total fees of courses as per last year from the table below:
|B.Ed (BPL Women, SC,ST& EBC Categories)||Rs. 45,000/-|
|B.Ed (General Category)||Rs. 95,000/-|
|M.A in Economics, Hindi, History, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology||Rs. 7,500/-|
|M.A in Education||Rs. 7,200/-|
About Magadh University
Magadh University was established in 1962 with only 2 constituent colleges, 32 affiliated colleges and 7 P.G Departments under it. But now it has more than 44 constituent colleges, 85 affiliated colleges, and 24 P.G department. It has also started Directorate of Distance Education with the approval of UGC-DEB, State Govt. of Bihar. It has also established various professional like M.B.A., M.C.A., B.C.A., B.B.M. Environmental Science, Tourism & Travel Management, Counselling & Rehabilitation, Journalism & Mass Communication, etc. in the affiliated colleges of the University.
For more details of Magadh University Distance Education 2020, you can refer the previous year Brochure’s of all the courses – Download Information Brochure.