NIMHANS Application Form 2020 – National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS) will release NIMHANS entrance exam application form for UG and PG courses for session 2. It is released online at nimhans.ac.in and can be accessed using the direct link on this page. The form is released to apply for admission in Ph.D., Super Speciality, Postdoctoral, Postgraduate, Diploma, B.Sc., and Certificate courses. To apply for admission, candidates had to register, then fill in other details in NIMHANS application form. It is to be noted that no offline form is released for the candidates. Check more information on NIMHANS application form 2020 from this page.
Latest: NIMHANS 2020 application form for session 2 is now available. Scroll down to Apply.
NIMHANS Application Form 2020
As per unofficial sources, every year more than 20,000 candidates apply for NIMHANS 2020 entrance examination. Candidate should provided correct and accurate information, it will be present on the NIMHANS Result. The candidates can check the complete schedule for NIMHANS 2020 Application Form from the table below.
|NIMHANS Application Form 2020||Session 1||Session 2|
|Releasing date for NIMHANS 2020 Application Form|
31 Oct 2020
|Last date for submission of online application|
20 Nov 2020
|Last date for editing details in NIMHANS application form||06 Feb 2020|
to be announced
Apply here: Click here to fill NIMHANS 2020 Application Form for Session 2.
Official Website: nimhans.ac.in.
NIMHANS 2020 Application Fee
To submit the NIMHANS Application Form 2020, the aspirants have to pay the application fee as in the table below. The application fee as given below is payable by Online mode only using Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
For Indian Candidates
- For Ph.D., Super specialty, Postdoctoral and Postgraduate Courses — Rs. 1000/- per course
- For BSc and Certificate courses — Rs. 1000/- per course
For Foreign Nationals except from SAARC Countries
|Name of the Course||Registration fee|
(All figures are in USD)
|For Ph.D. Programs, M.Phil. Courses, M.Sc. in Psychiatric Nursing Course||500|
|For super speciality courses [DM/M.Ch. (6 & 3 year duration)],|
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neuropathology Or
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neuroanaesthesia Courses
|DPN OR DNN Courses||100|
Documents Required for Submitting NIMHANS 2020 Application Form
It is advised to the candidates to keep the following list of documents ready for filling in the details in the NIMHANS 2020 Online Application:
- 10th /SSLC/Matriculation Certificate
- Degree Certificate
- Transfer Certificate from Institution/College, from where the last qualification degree was pursued
- Migration Certificate
- Marks Card of all years/semesters for degree examination
- Internship Completion Certificate, if applicable
- Caste certificate, if applicable
- Medical Council Registration Certificate
- Domicile Certificate, if applicable
- Disability Certificate, if applicable
- Work Experience Certificate, if applicable
Note: To know more information related to Enclosures to be Uploaded in Online Application Form, Click here to downlaod the NIMHANS Entrance Exam 2020 Information Brochure.
NIMHANS 2020 Image Specifications
In the online application form for NIMHANS exam 2020, the candidates will have to upload the scanned image of their Photograph and signature. The images are to be uploaded as per the specification and format provided below.
|Images to upload||Format||File size||Dimension|
|Photograph||JPG or JPEG||20kb–50 kb||200 x 230 pixels|
|Signature||JPG or JPEG||10kb – 20kb||140 x 60 pixels|
|Declaration ceritficate||100kb – 50kb||—|
|Age proof||100kb – 50kb||—|
|Qualification course completion certificate / attempt certificate, any other||100kb – 50kb||—|
|Qualification marksheets||100kb – 50kb||—|
|Medical council registration certificate||100kb – 50kb||—|
|Work experience documents||100kb – 50kb||—|
How to Fill the NIMHANS 2020 Application Form?
The aspirants can successfully apply for application form for NIMHANS entrance exam 2020 by following the instructions as below. Only after successfully filling the Application Form the candidate will be able to get the NIMHANS Admit Card.
Step 1: Register Online
- Click on the direct link given on this page for registering online. Next, click on the ‘click here for new registration’ button.
- After this, you need to register online by entering details like their name, mobile number, email id. Click on the ‘save & next’ button to submit the registration details.
- On submitting the registration details, the candidates will get their login details, which are, Registration ID and password. The same is also sent to the candidate’s registered email id and mobile number.
- Click on the “Continue” button to proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Login
- On clicking the continue button, the candidates will be redirected to the homepage fo the website,
- The aspirants have to log in by entering their Registration ID and Password as provided after the registration process.
- Click on the “Submit” button and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Fill in Details in the NIMHANS 2020 Application Form
The application form for NIMHANS 2020 is divided into 3 tabs, in which the candidates need to provide their Basic details, qualification details, and experience details.
Step 4: Upload Images in the Application Form
The next step for the candidates is to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature. The images should be uploaded as per the specifications given in the table above. Once the candidates have uploaded the images, they can proceed to the next step which is payment of the application fee
Step 5: Payment of Examination Fee
Now, before the candidates proceed to pay the application fee, it is advised that they should verify that the details provided in the NIMHANS 2020 Application Form are correct or not. If the details are correct and proceed to pay the application fee.
Lastly, take a print out of the Confirmation page and keep it with yourself for future reference.
Details Given in NIMHANS 2020 Application Form
In the NIMHANS online application form, candidates need to fill in the following information.
- Whether you belong to EWS category?
- Are you a personw ith diability?
- Are ypu sponsored or deputed?
- Do you have external fellowship?
- Domicile State.
- Are you serving under Govts services?
- Date of birth
- List of courses.
- Are you applying fo the course(s) with qualification?
- Test center preference – minimum 03
- Candidate’s name.
- Relationship with guardian.
- Candidate’s complete address.
Educational qualification details
- Select the qualification.
- Name of the Institute.
- Duration of the course.
- Have you passed / appeared for the final exam?
- Date of completion of the course.
- Semester / year.
- Attempts made to clear each semester / year.
- MCI registration number / state medical council number.
- Date of registration
- Internship start and end date.
- Name of the employer.
- Toal period of service (from-to).
- Nature of the duty.
- Years of service.
NIMHANS 2020 Test Center
At the time of filling in details in the application form, candidates need to give at leats 03 preference for the test center. Check the list of test cities for NIMHANS 2020 entrance exam below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What should I do if there is lot of delay in accessing the page?
Speed for Registration of On-Line Application on the Internet, is based on various factors like Internet Speed, the large number of applicants trying to register the application at the same time etc. Therefore if you are not able to get the pages for registration immediately, please retry after a gap of 15 minutes or during off-peak hours during the night.
2. How do I know that my application is registered?
Successful Registration is indicated by the Page displayed after clicking the Submit Button indicating the generated “REGISTRATION NO.” and “PASSWORD”. Please note down the same carefully and preserve it. If you do not preserve it, you will not be able to Re-Print the Application and download the Call Letter.
3. I did not receive the email intimation for registration of my application?
“REGISTRATION NO.” and “PASSWORD” are also sent by auto-response Confirmation emails. Delivery of these emails purely depends upon the correctness of E-Mail ID provided, Policy of your E-Mail Service Provider to accept and Divert such emails under Bulk or Spam Mails or bounce back such mails without accepting it due to heavy number of emails generated by our Applications. In case of Govt./official /company Email Ids, delivery is controlled by your Company Policies. Therefore, please do not expect replies from us, if you do not receive such confirmation / autoresponse Emails.
4. How do I re-confirm that my application is saved?
In case of doubt about the successful Registration, candidates are advised to visit the Page for Re-Print of Application, generate the Printout and preserve the soft copy and hard copy (printout) of the Application.
5. I got Blank / Zero Registration No. after submission of application on-line?
In rare cases Candidates may get Zero (0) Registration No. with valid Password. Candidates are advised to Re-Register the Application and check the Printout through Re-Print Application.
6. After filling up the complete form, I got Blank Screen / Internet got disconnected / My PC closed / hanged / shutdown. Is my application saved / registered?
Please refer to Point No.4. If you do not get the application printout through Re-Print option, your application is not saved. Please re-apply.
7. I did not receive the acknowledgement / reply to my email communication?
“Reply to” Email Id for the Application is created for the convenience of the Candidates for genuine communications. Please do not use this address to send back the emails for “Acknowledgment”, “Vacation Mail”, “Friendship Offers”, “Sales Offers” etc. Our Email Server is configured to delete such emails automatically.
8. What details should I retain while replying to auto-response emails?
While writing back by replying the confirmation emails for genuine problem, please retain the text containing “REGISTRATION NO.” and “PASSWORD” details on the email.
9. What details should I provide while writing for the problem?
Please do not forget to provide following details while writing to us: (1) REGISTRATION NO. (2) DATE OF BIRTH & (3) FULL NAME as entered in application. In case of application failure or any error message, we would like to have the screenshot of the error in JPG, GIF format or as MS Word file. Additionally, you may provide the PC Details including the Operating System (like Windows XP, Vista, Linux etc.) & Internet Browser & version (like Internet Explorer 6.0, Mozilla 3.0, Firefox 3.5 etc.) used.
10. I want to change / correct the details I entered in the Application?
Please choose the ‘EDIT’ option to correct the details. Please note that you can modify details only upto 5 times. If you have used 5 chances for corrections, please reapply before the closure of Application Date as per advertisement. Please remember to take fresh print out after modifying any details.
11. How will I know the amount to be remitted towards application fee?
The amount to be remitted towards application fee depends on whether you are a UR or SC/ST candidate’s, you can make the payment online using credit/debit cards or online payment from the bank. The total amount to be remitted will be displayed on payment window of the online application.
12. How many courses can I apply for?
Depending on eligibility a candidate can apply for a maximum of three (3) courses only.
13. Can I apply for more than one course in the same form?
You should use single application for applying for a maximum of three (3) courses.
14. Can I add extra courses after the submission of the form?
No. You cannot add extra course after submission of the form. NIMHANS will not take the responsibility if you are not accommodated for multiple entrance tests if you have submitted more than one online application form.
15. In case of MBBS qualification, can i apply even if my internship will complete after the date of entrance test?
Yes, you can apply if your internship will complete on or before the date of commencement of course. You should also have permanent registration with State Medical council.
16. In case of PG qualification, can I apply even if my results are not available as on the date of entrance test?
Yes, you can apply subject to production of proof of having passed the examination on or before the date of admission to the course.
17. Is there any age criterion?
There is no age criterion for Non-medical courses. However, for Superspeciality and medical there is the age limit. Age should not be more than 32 years for MBBS degree holders and 37 for PG medical degree holders. Age is relaxable by a maximum of 5 years in the case of SC/ST candidates and by a maximum of 3 years for OBC candidates as on the date of commencement of courses. Age should not be more than 45 years as on the date of commencement of courses in case of sponsored/ deputed candidates.
18. As an MBBS candidate, can I apply for non-medical courses also?
Yes, a candidate will MBBS qualification can apply for non-medical courses also, provided MBBS is a qualifying subject for that course.
19. What are the attachments should I upload while filling the application?
Based on your caste, date of birth, sponsorship/deputation, etc., you will get a screen where you upload the certificates. There are few mandatory fields and rest are optional.
20. The agregate marks should be given only for final year?
In case of MBBS, the aggregate of final years Part II only should be given. In case of non-medical courses, all the years/semesters marks should be given.
21. Where do I upload the domicile certificate if I am claiming the seat for MD in Psychiatry and M.Phil. in Clinical Psychology under domicile category?
The domicile certificate needs to be uploaded along with other certificates as single PDF file. No separate space for uploading domicile certificate is provided.
22. I am not employed, who should sign the declaration form (employer signature column)?
A person not employed can leave the employer signature column blank without any signature. It is applicable to only those who are employed.
23. I have made the payment, the money is debited from my account, but still I am not able to continue further as your application is still asking for payment. What shall I do?
Sometimes, due to internet problems, you may encounter such situation. The money debited from your account in such cases will be credited back to your account within 3 – 4 working days. Hence, please do make the payment again failing which the application will be considered incomplete and rejected. Unless you complete all the levels including payment and submit the application, it is incomplete only.
24. I am a sponsored/deputed candidate from the State/Central Government or Public Sector Undertaking of State/Central Government. But, my sponsorship certificate is still received. How shall I apply?
You may apply with a self-declaration stating that you are a sponsored/deputed candidate from the State/Central Government or Public Sector Undertaking of State/Central Government and the sponsorship certificate will be made available at the time of counselling/interview. This declaration can be uploaded in lieu of sponsorship certificate.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.