PGIMER 2021 – Application Form for Fellowships and Post Doctoral Fellowship Entrance Examination July 2021 session has been started now. PGI Chandigarh grants admission to MD, MS, DM, M.Ch, MHA, M.Sc, MDS /House Job (Oral Health Sciences), Fellowship/ Post Doctoral Fellowship, PGDPHM, MPH, Ph.D, M.Sc. M.Sc MLT, B.Sc Nursing and B.Sc paramedical courses on the basis of entrance exam result. There are two sessions for admission, in January and July. Admission in a few courses is also done in the September session. The entrance exam for PGIMER admission is held online and candidates who qualify it are called for counselling. From this page, candidates can check more details on PGIMER 2021 admission for July 2021 and January 2021 session.
- PGIMER has released the application form for Ph.D Entrance examination July 2021 session. Click here to Apply.
- PGIMER has released the application form for Fellowships and Post Doctoral Fellowship for July 2021 session. Click here to apply.
- PGIMER has released the List of M.Sc./M.Sc. MLT and various Paramedical Courses. Click here to check it.
- PGIMER has released the notice for counselling/seat allotment to Sponsored candidates for MD/MS course. Scroll down to check the details.
- Results has been released for PhD and D.M/M.Ch Entrance Examination January 2021. Click here to check it.
PGIMER 2020 – 2021 – PGI Chandigarh Admission
PGIMER only offers PG medical courses. The admission is held multiple times based on the courses and the session when the intake of new batches starts. The admission in all the sessions and courses is based on the PGIMER entrance exams. The schedule for the same is given in the table below.
Dates for PGIMER Chandigarh admission 2020 – 22 entrance exam for July and Jan sessions
|Courses||Jan 2021 exam date||Jul 2021 exam date||Jan 2022 exam date|
|MD / MS||01 Nov 2020||23 May 2021||07 Nov 2021|
|DM / MCH||–||31 May 2021||–|
|MPH/M.Sc/M.Sc Medical Tech. (Biochemistry/Medical Biotechnology)||–||–||–|
|DM / MCH, MD (Hospital Admin), MDS (HJ) Dental||27 Nov 2020||–||18 Nov 2021|
|M.Sc / M.Sc (MLT), /Ph.D / Fellowship / MDS / House Job (Oral Health Sciences) & M.Sc Nursing||–||–|
|M.Sc / M.Sc (MLT), /Ph.D / Fellowship||4 Dec 2020||05 Jun 2021||26 Nov 2021|
|M.Sc / M.Sc (MLT), /Ph.D / Fellowship / M.Sc Nursing||–||5 Jun 2021||–|
|Fellowships and Post Doctoral Fellowship||–||5 Jun 2021||–|
Dates for PGIMER Chandigarh admission 2020 – 21 entrance exam for September session
|ICMR JRF Exam||11 Jul 2021|
|B.Sc Nursing and Post Basic||31 Jul 2021|
|B.Sc Paramedical||10 Aug 2021|
Other Entrance Exams
Click here to check the above Notice.
PGIMER 2021 Application Form
PGIMER releases the application form for all the courses on its official site. All the interested and eligible candidates can get the application form of their concerned courses as per the schedule. Candidates must enter all the required details in the PGIMER 2021 application form correctly and upload all the required images and documents. After that, the candidates are required to submit the application form along with the application fee before the last date for the same.
PGIMER 2020 – 21 Application Fee
Candidates can check the application fee for PGIMER 2021 below.
|General/ OBC/Sponsored Category||Rs. 1500 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|SC/ST||Rs. 1200 + Transaction Charges as applicable.|
|PWBD||Exempted from paying the application fee|
Note: For candidates applying to PGDPHM, Fellowship/Post Doctoral Fellowship PGI courses the application fee is Rs. 1500 for all the categories and for DM/M.Ch courses also the fees is Rs. 1500 for all the categories except PwBD as the candidates belonging to PwBD category are exempted from fees.
Mode of payment: Candidates must pay the PGIMER 2021 application fee by online mode using credit/debit card/net banking.
PGIMER 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for PGIMER 2021 below.
Fellowship/ Post Doctoral Fellowship 2021
- Candidates must have passed the required MD/MS, recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates must be registered with Central /State Medical Registration Council.
- Alos, the candidates must complete 2-year senior residency in the respective department before December 31 for January session and June 30 for July session.
- Candidates must be within the prescribed age limit as detailed below:
CategoryAge Limit General category 35 years SC/ST candidates 40 years OBC candidates 38 years Ex-servicemen and Commissioned Officer 40 years Sponsored candidates from other State Governments No age limit
- Interested candidates are required to have an MBBS degree from a University or an Institute authorized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates must have either completed or due to complete, one-year rotatory internship training on or before 31st December/30th June for January and July session respectively
- It is compulsory for all the applying candidates to be registered with the Central/ State Medical Registration Council.
- Candidates are required to have passed the MD/MS, or its equivalent qualification, recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates must be registered with the Central /State Medical Registration Council.
- Candidates are required to be within the prescribed age limit as on/before December 31 for January and June 30 for July session. Check the maximum age limits below.
|SC/ST, ESM and Commissioned Officer||45 years|
|Deputed/ Sponsored candidates/ Foreign nationals||no age limit|
MDS / House Job (Oral Health Sciences)
- Interested candidates must have a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree of Panjab University or any other university recognized by the Dental Council of India.
- It is compulsory for all the applicants to be registered with Central/ State Dental Registration Council.
- Candidates must have either completed or due to complete, compulsory rotatory internship training on or before 31st December for January session and 30th June for July session respectively.
Other important information for House Job entrance.
- The candidates selected for House Job (Oral Health Sciences) are appointed for six months. On the recommendation of the Head of the department, this period can be extended up to one year.
- A the candidate will be offered House Job only once in the department for a maximum tenure of one year.
- Candidates become eligible for House Job within three years of obtaining the BDS degree.
- If a candidate has done House Job in the past in any hospital or institute, then he/she is not eligible for House Job at PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- M.Sc Biochemistry: Candidates must have passed a B.Sc or B.Sc Hons. degree with 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ ST category).
- M.Sc Medical Biotechnology: Passed B.Sc degree in Life/ Biological Science with 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST category) or passed an MBBS degree.
- M.Sc Pharmacology: Passed MBBS degree or B.Sc/ B.V.Sc/ B.Pharma degree from a recognized university.
- M.Sc Respiratory Care: Passed B.Sc in MLT/ B.Sc nursing/ B.Sc Medical/ BPT with minimum 55% marks.
- M.Sc Anatomy: Passed MBBS/ BDS/ B.V.Sc/ B.Sc (Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry)/ B.Sc Nursing/ Bachelor of Physical Therapy with minimum 55% marks (50% in case of reserved category).
- M.Sc Anaesthesia: Passed B.Sc in MT with 55% marks and also have 3 years of experience.
- M.Sc Medical Biophysics: Passed B.Sc (MBBS/ BDS/ B.Pharma/ B.PH.T/ B.Sc with at least one subject of biological sciences) with 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ ST category).
M.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology
- Candidates are required to have a B. Sc. degree with a diploma in Radiography from a University/Institute recognized by this Institute and having cleared with at least 55% marks in each exam and three years experience as a technician in the concerned subject. OR
- Candidates can have a degree of B.Sc. Medical Technology (Radiology or Radiotherapy) from a recognized Institute /University with at least 55% marks and three years experience as a technician in the concerned subject.
- For the remaining M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology courses candidates are required to have a B.Sc. or B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology degree from a recognized Institute/University with at least 55% marks and three years experience as a technician in the subject in which admission is sought from a teaching research Institute/Hospital after obtaining the qualification of B.Sc. or B.Sc. Medical Technology.
- Candidates must have an MBBS degree with a minimum 55% aggregate marks or MD/MS in the subject concerned or Diplomat of National Board of Examination. A “Failure” in the examination, “Compartment” or “Re-appear” in the examination will constitute an attempt Candidates who have obtained MBBS/MD/MS degree from Medical Colleges which are not recognized by the Medical Council of India are not eligible to apply.
- The candidates who have passed M.Sc/MA/Masters in Engineering or its equivalent examination with at least 60 % marks in the subjects mentioned below: from the colleges/institutes recognized by the UGC/Panjab University are eligible
- Candidates must have qualified NET examination (with fellowship only) conducted by UGC, Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) examination conducted by ICMR/CSIR, etc (within two years only). Attested copy of the result must be attached. If the candidate fails to produce the proof of his/her eligibility as per above qualification before one week of the entrance examination, his/her candidature will not be considered an entire responsibility for the same will lie on the candidate.
- Candidates are required to have B.Sc. Nursing/Post-Basic degree from an Institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and PGIMER, Chandigarh as equivalent thereto with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates must have minimum one year of work experience after registration as Registered Nurse & Registered Midwife (the last date for submission of applications) in bedside nursing in a minimum 100 bedded hospital (for private hospitals only) or Public Health Nursing or in Nursing Educational Institutions recognized by the Indian Nursing Council after B.Sc. Nursing (4 years) or before and after Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Candidates must have an experience certificate in this regard and they must be on the letterhead of the hospital and should indicate the capacity of the hospital in terms of the number of beds and should be approved by State/Central Govt. (S) failing which experience will not be considered.
- Candidates are required to be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife as approved by INC or substitute registration in the case of male candidates fully qualified for the nursing of men, women, and children.
Post Graduate Diploma in Public Health Managment
- MBBS degree is required along with 3 year experience as GDMO in state government health services.
- Candidate must be registered with State/ Central Medical Registration Council.
Master of Public Health
- Candidates are required to have passed the MBBS/BDS/B.V.Sc./BE/MA/M.Sc .examination or its equivalent qualification from recognized University/Institute with at least 50% marks in aggregate. However, those belonging to SC/ST with at least 45% marks in aggregate are eligible.
- The degree of the candidates must be recognized by the Medical/Dental/Veterinary Council of India/the Institution of Engineers (India) and University Grant Commission/AICTE.
- Candidates are also required to be registered with the Central /State Medical/ Dental/ Veterinary Registration Council.
- The candidate must complete mandatory rotatory internship training.
MD (Hospital Administration):
- The candidate must possess MBBS or an equivalent degree from a University/ Institute recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) with a minimum experience of three years in a hospital in the relevant field or five years in general practice. A certificate issued by the District Magistrate in support of the general practice claimed should be enclosed with the application.
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate in all MBBS professional examinations for other categories including OBC category and 50% for candidate belonging to SCs/ STs.
- Candidates are also required to be registered with Central /State Medical Registration Council.
PGIMER Entrance Exam Details
The entrance exam is held for admission in all the PG courses offered at the institute. In this section we shall talk discuss the details of the entrance exam like how to apply for it, what is the admission process based on it, and more, Read below.
Pattern for PGIMER Entrance Exam
Candidates can check the exam pattern for PGIMER 2020 -21 below.
- Mode of Examination: The examination is conducted in Online mode.
- Type of examination: PGIMER 2021 is a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Language of Paper: The language of the paper is English.
- Type of Questions: The examination consists of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
Fellowship and Post Doctoral Fellowship courses 2021
- Marking Scheme: Each question correctly answered in Part I & Part II will be awarded one mark, with 0.25 negative marking for wrong answers.
- Duration of Exam: 60 minutes
Candidates can check the part-wise distribution of questions for PGIMER 2021 Ph.D courses in the table given below.
|Part 1||30 multiple choice questions of MD/MS/DM/M.Ch level,|
|Part 2||30 multiple choice questions related to Fellowship/Post doctoral Fellowship|
MDS /House Job (Oral Health Sciences) Course
- Total Number of Questions: 100
- Duration of the Test: 90 Minutes
- Entrance Test Timing: 09 AM to 10:30 AM
- Total Number of Questions: 250
- Duration of the Test: 3 hours
- Entrance Test Timing: 09 AM to 12 PM
Candidates can check the subject-wise number of questions in the table given below.
Click here to take mock test to prepare for PGIMER MD/MS exam.
- Number of Questions: 80
- Duration of the examination: 90 minutes
Candidates can check the part-wise distribution of marks for PGIMER 2020 DM/M.Ch courses in the table given below.
|Part 1 – General||40|
|Part 2 – Specialty||40|
Click here to take mock test to prepare for PGIMER DM/M.Ch exam.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will get 1 mark for each correct answer and they will loose 4 marks for each incorrect answer. There will be no addition and subtraction of marks will be done for the unattempted questions.
- Duration of Examination: 90 minutes
Candidates can check the section-wise distribution of marks for PGIMER Ph.D courses in the table given below.
|Aptitude Tests Covering General Science, English, Biostatistics|
and Research Methodology
|Specialty theory Test( multiple choice questions for the|
- Duration- 90 minutes
- Number of Questions- 100
- Duration- 90 minutes
- Number of Questions- 80
- Marking Scheme- 1 mark is awarded for each correct answer.
- Section-wise distribution: Check the table below.
|GK and Awareness||20|
M.Sc./M.Sc MLT Courses
|Name of speciality||Type of question paper||Duration|
|Pharmacology||100 multiple choice questions|
relating to fundamentals of
Biochemistry, Physiology and
|Respiratory Care||50 multiple choice questions|
related to their respective
|50 multiple choice questions|
related to their respective
|Anaesthesia||50 multiple choice questions|
related to their respective
Programmes offered at PGIMER Chandigarh
PGIMER offers 2 medical programmes, 8 paramedical programmes, 3 nursing programmes, and residential programmes. Check the detailed list below:
PG medical programmes offered at PGI Chandigarh
- Post MD Certificate
Paramedical programmes offered at PGI Chandigarh
- B.Sc. Med. Tech.
- B.Sc. Audiology & Speech Therapy
- Bachelor of Physical Therapies (B.Ph.T)
- M.Sc. Med. Tech.
- M.Sc. Speech & Hearing
- M.Sc. Pharmacology
- M.Sc. Bio-chemistry
- M.Sc. Medical Bio-Technology
Nursing programmes offered at PGI Chandigarh
- B.Sc.Nursing (Post Basic)
- M.Sc. Nursing (Medical, Surgical, and Community Health Nursing specialties)
Residential programmes offered at PGI Chandigarh
- Junior Residents: Students admitted to MD/MS/MDS/MHA courses in various specialities are called junior residents. The duration of the course is three academic years.
- Senior Residents: Candidates joining DM/M.Ch. courses after postgraduate degree are designated as Senior-cum-DM/M.Ch. residents. The duration of each course is three academic years.
PGIMER Chandigarh 2020 – 2021 Admit Card for Entrance Exam
The admit card for PGIMER Chandigarh admission 2020-21 is released in online mode. Candidates can download admit card/ hall ticket about 10 days before the exam. Application number and password is required to download PGIMER entrance exam admit card. No hard copy of it is sent to the candidates via post. Carry the hard copy of it and valid id proof to the test center. The admit card contains personal information of the candidate and exam details like reporting timings, address of the test centre, etc.
PGIMER 2021 Exam Centres
Check the complete list of exam centres from below, where the entrance exam for different courses is going to take place.
For Fellowship and Post Doctoral Fellowship July 2021
- Chandigarh (Tricity)
- Delhi (NCR)
For MD/MS July 2020
For DM/M.Ch, MDS /House Job (Oral Health Sciences), PGDPHM, MPH, July 2020
For M.Sc/ M.Sc MLT – Chandigarh only
PGIMER 2021 Admission Process
The admission process of PGIMER 2021 is basically a 4 step process the same is described below:
Step 1: Apply for admission
To apply for PGIMER admission the candidates must check the eligibility of the course that they want to take admission in. Then, an online application form must be filled and submitted online at pgimer.edu.in.
Step 2: Appear for the PGIMER 2021 admission entrance exam
The candidates who apply successfully are issued admit card to appear for the exam held in computer-based test mode. The admit card is issued in the online mode only under the respective login of the candidates that they create while filling the admission application form. If admit card is issued, candidates have to appear for the entrance exam as per the exam date, time and venue mentioned on it. Without the admit card candidates cannot appear for the CBT.
Step 3: Check if qualified in the computer based test
To check if qualified in the entrance exam candidates have to check the PGIMER result that is also declared online under the login of the candidates. There are cutoff marks to qualify the entrance exam and differ from course to course. Candidates qualifying the cutoff score pass the exam.
Step 4: Appear for counselling
Candidates who qualify the exam are called for the counselling held by PGIMER for allotment of seats. The counselling is held offline and the candidates have to report at the counselling venue as per the allotted time and date. On completion of the counselling formalities, admission is granted.
PGIMER Entrance Exam2021 Result
PGIMER entrance exam 2021 result will be released online at pgimer.edu.in. The result is released in the form of merit list which contains qualified candidates name and roll number. Candidates are not informed individually on the telephone for the declaration of the result. A combined merit list based on the percentile obtained by all the candidates who appeared in the entrance exam is published on the official website. Qualifiers in the entrance exam have to then appear for the counselling round which is conducted by the Institute.
PGIMER Admission 2021 Cutoff Marks
Minimum cut off Percentile – PGIMER, Chandigarh, has set minimum cut off percentile to qualify the entrance exam for admission.
Cut off marks for Fellowship/Post Doctoral Fellowship 2021
To qualify for the interview, candidate (general & sponsored/deputed) needs to score a minimum of 50% marks in the entrance test.
Cut off percentile for MDS /House Job (Oral Health Sciences)
|Category||Cut off percentile|
|Open (General)||55th percentile|
|OBC, PwBD, SC/ST||50th percentile|
Cut off percentile for MD/ MS
|Category||Cut off percentile|
|Open (General)/ OCI and Sponsored/Deputed||55th percentile|
|OBC, PwBD, SC/ST, Rural Area, Foreign Nationals||50th percentile|
|Bhutanese Nationals||45th percentile|
Cut off percentage for Master of Science (MSc)
|Category||Cut off percentage|
|Open (General) and Sponsored/Deputed||50%|
Cut off percentage for M.Sc. MLT courses
- Sponsored/Deputed – 50%
Cut off marks for DM/M.Ch
To qualify for the counselling/interview, a candidate (general & sponsored/ deputed/ foreign national) needs to secure at least 35 marks in the Theory exam.
Cut Off for PGDPHM
Candidates must secure atleast 55th percentile to qualify the exam.
Cut Off for MPH
|Open (General), Sponsored/Deputed||50%|
PGIMER 2021 Seat details
Candidates can check the seat details for PGIMER admission 2020-21 below.
Fellowship and Post Doctoral Fellowship PGI courses 2021
MDS /House Job (Oral Health Sciences)
There are a total of 10 seats available for July 2020 session in Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health Management course. These seats are for sponsored/deputed candidates only from all state and UTs of India.
M.Sc and M.Sc MLT courses
PGIMER Admission 2021 Fee Structure
Candidates can check the fee structure for PGIMER admission 2021 below.
|Registration fee||Rs. 500/-|
|Tuition fee||Rs. 250/- per annum for MD/MS|
Rs 350/- per annum for DM/M.Ch, PGDPHM, MPH, M.Sc, M.Sc MLT
Rs 500/- per annum for Fellowship/Post Doctoral Fellowship
|Laboratory fee||Rs. 900/- per annum|
|Amalgamated Fund||Rs 720/- per annum|
|Security (refundable)||Rs. 1000/-|
|Security for hostel accommodation|
|Rs. 600 for Ph.D courses, Rs.1000 for M.Sc courses and|
Rs. 5000 for MD/MS, DM/M.CH and Fellowship/ Post Doctoral
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) is a medical and research institution. It is situated in Chandigarh, India. It provides all the educational, medical research, and training facilities to its students. PGIMER is the leading tertiary care hospital of the region and has the trust of the patients from all over Punjab, J& K, Himachal Pradesh, and Haryana. It has all the latest facilities including all specialities, super specialities, and subspecialties. However, PGI also provides training in almost all disciplines of Medicine including postgraduate and post-doctoral degrees, diploma and fellowships. PGIMER has more than 50 training courses under it.
Official Website: pgimer.edu.in
For more information, Download
- PGIMER 2021 Ph.D Information Brochure
- Fellowship/ Post Doctoral Fellowship July 2021 Prospectus
- M.Sc./M.Sc MLT Prospectus January 2021
- M.Sc/ M.Sc July 2020 Prospectus
- MDS /House Job (Oral Health Sciences) July 2020 Prospectus
- MD/MS July 2020 Prospectus
- DM/M.Ch July 2020 Prospectus
- PGDPHM July 2020 Prospectus
- MPH July 2020 Prospectus
PGIMER 2021 Admission Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Candidates can apply for PGIMER admission on its official website i.e. pgimer.edu.in.
Ans : PGIMER offers admission to a total of 20 courses.
Ans : PGIMER conducts its admission process two times i.e. in the month of January and July in a year.
Ans : PGIMER offers M.Sc./M.Sc MLT, DM/M.CH, Ph.D., Fellowship, Post Doctoral Fellowship PGI, and DM/M.CH courses for its January session.
Ans : PGIMER is situated in Chandigarh.
Ans : Candidates will get the hostel facilities at the PGIMER campus.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.