PGIMER Result 2020 can be checked from this page. The result will be announced for Post Graduate Institute of Medical, Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh on the official website. Candidates can check their result online at pgimer.edu.in. PGIMER Results will release in the pdf format. On the basis of their performance in the test, candidates are shortlisted for admission. After the declaration of PGIMER 2020 Result, a merit list will be prepared which includes the name of the qualifiers in the test. Check more details on PGIMER 2020 Result from this page.
PGIMER Result 2020
The merit of PGIMER 2020 Entrance Examination leads to admissions. PGI Chandigarh holds an entrance examination for January and July sessions. Apart from the qualifying entrance examination, candidates must have requisite eligibility for the course.
PGIMER 2020 Result dates: The candidates can check the complete schedule for the declaration of PGIMER 2019 Result for all the courses from the table below.
|PGIMER 2019 Course Name||Date For PGIMER 2019 Result July Session||Check PGIMER 2019 July Result|
|MD / MS||04th week of May 2020||Check Here|
|MDS / House Job||02nd week of Jun 2020||Check Here|
|DM / M.Ch / MHA||03rd week of Jun 2020|
|M.Sc / M.Sc MLT||02nd week of Jul 2020|
|MPH||01st week of Jul 2020|
|Fellowship Postdoctoral Fellowships PGI||01st week of Jul 2020|
|PhD||02nd week of Jul 2020|
Result: Result for various examination will be declared at www.pgimeradmissions.net.in
The result for PGIMER MD/MS July 2019 has been released on the official website. The link to check the PGIMER result is working but is taking some time to load, due to some technical issues. Stay calm, it will open, just keep refreshing the link or open the link after 5-10 minutes.
Other Entrance Exams
How to Check PGIMER Result 2020?
For reference purpose only!!!
The candidates can check their result for PGIMER 2020 by simply following the instructions as below.
Step 1: Click on the direct link which is going to be provided on this page for checking the PGIMER Results.
Step 2: Now, the candidates need to log in by entering their roll number and date of birth.
Step 3: Click on the “Search” button
Step 4: On submitting the correct login credentials, your result will be available on the screen.
Step 5: You can save it and take its print out for future reference.
PGIMER Cut Off 2020
You need to get qualifying marks in PGIMER 2020 Entrance Examination if you have to qualify. In its information brochure, PGI Chandigarh mentions minimum qualifying marks. Even after obtaining qualifying marks it is important to realize that in case of tie, certain conditions determine final rank.
|Category of applicant||MD/MS cut off||MDS House cut off|
|Open (General) and Sponsored/Deputed||55th percentile||50 marks|
|OBC, OPH, SC/ST, Rural Area, Foreign Nationals||50th percentile||–|
|OBC and SC/ST||–||45 marks|
|Bhutanese Nationals||45th percentile||–|
Tie Breaker Criteria for PGIMER 2020
In the case of two or more candidates obtain equal marks in the entrance examination, their tie will be resolved by applying the following methods:
Tie Breaker Criteria for MD/MS
- A candidate who has obtained higher aggregate marks in MBBS examination shall rank higher to a candidate who has obtained lower marks
- If the tie is still not resolved, then the candidate older in age will be considered for the merit.
Tie Breaker Criteria for MDS/ House Job
- A candidate with higher marks in the BDS examination will be ranked higher in the merit.
- In case if there is still a tie, then the candidate older in age will be given preference over a younger candidate.
Tie Breaker Criteria for Fellowship
- A candidate who has made more attempts in passing examination would rank junior to a candidate who has made lesser attempts.
- If there is still a tie, then the candidate who has obtained higher marks in the MBBS examination will be ranked higher.
- If the tie still persists, then a candidate senior in age will rank senior to the candidate junior in age.
PGIMER 2020 Merit List
After the declaration of the PGIMER 2020 Result, the Institute will publish a merit list. It will be available in the pdf format and will consist of details of the candidates who qualify the entrance examination. Those whose name is included in the merit will be eligible to appear for the next round of the admission process of the respective course.
PGIMER 2020 Selection Process
The selection process in the PGIMER 2020 entrance examination differs for each course. The candidates can check the selection process for all the courses from below.
Selection Process for MD/MS course
- The selection of the candidates for the MD/MS course is done on the basis of their merit in the PGIMER 2019 entrance examination.
- There is no clinical or practical examination for this course.
- The selection will be finalized only after the counseling of the candidates.
Selection Process for MDS/ House Job
- The selection of the candidates is done on the basis of their performance in the entrance examination.
- The Allocation of seats done on the basis of a personal counseling, strictly in order of merit in the merits list of the theory examination.
Selection Process for DM / M.Ch
- The selection of a candidate in the DM/MCh course is a two-step process – Theory Examination followed by a Practical Examination.
- A merit list is prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in the PGIMER 2019.
- Eligible candidates are considered for a practical examination to be conducted by the concerned department.
- The theory and practical examination marks will be added to obtain a final aggregate score.
- Those who will obtain the cut off marks will then be eligible to appear for a final interview with the Selection Committee
- The final selection of the candidates for the course is done once he/she furnishes all the original certificates at the time of counseling/interview and joining the Institute.
If you have any question related to the PGIMER Result 2020, then let us know in the comment section below.