The candidates can check the PGIMER Result 2019 for the January Session from this page. The PGI Chandigarh has declared the result for DM/MCh/MD in Hospital Administration on December 17, 2018. The candidates can check their result online at pgimer.edu.in. The result for PGIMER 2019 is available in the pdf format. The applicants will be considered on the basis of their performance in the entrance examination. To qualify the PGIMER 2019, the candidates will have to obtain the minimum cut off percentile as decided by the exam conducting body. After the declaration of PGIMER 2019 Result, a merit list will be prepared and the candidates whose name is included in the merit list will be eligible to appear for the PGIMER Counselling. Check complete details about the PGIMER Result 2019 from this page.
Latest: PGIMER has released Provisional eligible and ineligible list of DM/MCh/MD in Hospital Administration for clinical practices for January 2019. Candidates check the same from the below.
PGIMER Result 2019
The merit of PGIMER 2019 Entrance Examination leads to admissions. PGI Chandigarh holds entrance examination for January and July sessions. Apart from qualifying entrance examination, candidates must have requisite eligibility for the course.
PGIMER 2019 Result dates: The candidates can check the complete schedule for the declaration of PGIMER 2019 Result for all the courses from the table below.
|PGIMER Result 2019||Exam Dates||Result Dates|
|PGIMER 2019 MD / MS||25 Nov 2018||26 Nov 2018|
|PGIMER 2019 House Job||09 Dec 2018||10 Dec 2018|
|PGIMER 2019 DM / M.Ch / MHA||16 Dec 2018||17 Dec 2018|
|PGIMER 2019 Fellowship||16 Dec 2018||17 Dec 2018|
|PGIMER 2019 M.Sc Nursing / MPH||To be announced!||To be announced!|
|PGIMER 2019 M.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology / M.Sc course / Ph.D||02 Dec 2018||03 Dec 2018|
|PGIMER 2019 MDS||To be announced!||To be announced!|
- Click Here to check PGIMER DM/MCh/MD in Hospital Administration eligible for clinical practical.
- Click Here to check PGIMER DM/MCh/MD in Hospital Administration ineligible for clinical practical.
- Click here to check the 1st round counselling of MD/MS Courses for jan 2019 Session.
- Click here to check Roll number merit wise result of MDS House job courses for jan 2019 session.
- Click here to check Combined merit wise result of MDS House job courses for jan 2019 session.
- Click Here to check PGIMER PhD eligible for clinical practical.
- Click Here to check PGIMER PhD ineligible for clinical practical.
- Click Here to check PGIMER MSc/MSc(MLT) Roll Nos wise result.
- Click here to check PGIMER MSc/MSc(MLT) Merit wise result.
- Click Here to check PGIMER MD/MS Jan 2019 Result.
- Click here to check notice for MDS House Job Courses of January 2019 Session.
- Click here to check notice for 1st counselling of MD/MS courses.
Other Entrance Exams
How to Check PGIMER Result 2019?
The candidates can check their result for PGIMER 2019 by simply following the instructions as below.
- Click on the direct link given on this page for checking the PGIMER Results.
- Now, the candidates need to log in by entering details such as Application Number and Password.
- Click on the “Submit” button
- On submitting the correct login credentials, your result will be available on the screen.
- You can save it and take its print out for future reference.
How to Check PGIMER Result 2019 If forgot Login Details?
Since the result for PGIMER 2019 is available online, hence, it is important that the candidates should provide correct login details. However, in case if a candidate does not remember any of the login details for PGIMER 2019, then he/she can retrieve it by simply following the steps as below.
How to Retrieve Application Number/ Password for PGIMER 2019 Login?
- Click on the direct link as given on this page.
- Now, click on the link which says “Forgot Application Number” or “Forgot Password”.
- A new page will open in which the candidates need to provide some details such as their Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Registered Mobile Number, etc.
- On entering the necessary information, click on the “Verify” button.
- Once the details have been submitted, the Application Number will appear on the screen.
PGIMER Cut Off 2019
You need to get qualifying marks in PGIMER 2019 Entrance Examination if you have to qualify. In its information brochure, PGI Chandigarh mentions minimum qualifying marks. Even after obtaining qualifying marks it is important to realize that in case of tie, certain conditions determine final rank.
|Category of applicant||MD/MS cut off||MDS House cut off|
|Open (General) and Sponsored/Deputed||55th percentile||50 marks|
|OBC, OPH, SC/ST, Rural Area, Foreign Nationals||50th percentile||–|
|OBC and SC/ST||–||45 marks|
|Bhutanese Nationals||45th percentile||–|
Tie Breaker Criteria for PGIMER 2019
In the case of two or more candidates obtain equal marks in the entrance examination, their tie will be resolved by applying the following methods:
Tie Breaker Criteria for MD/MS
- A candidate who has obtained higher aggregate marks in MBBS examination shall rank higher to a candidate who has obtained lower marks
- If the tie is still not resolved, then the candidate older in age will be considered for the merit.
Tie Breaker Criteria for MDS/ House Job
- A candidate with higher marks in the BDS examination will be ranked higher in the merit.
- In case if there is still a tie, then the candidate older in age will be given preference over a younger candidate.
Tie Breaker Criteria for Fellowship
- A candidate who has made more attempts in passing examination would rank junior to a candidate who has made lesser attempts.
- If there is still a tie, then the candidate who has obtained higher marks in the MBBS examination will be ranked higher.
- If the tie still persists, then a candidate senior in age will rank senior to the candidate junior in age.
PGIMER 2019 Merit List
After the declaration of the PGiMER 2019 Result, the Institute will publish a merit list. It will be available in the pdf format and will consist of details of the candidates who qualify the entrance examination. Those whose name is included in the merit will be eligible to appear for the next round of the admission process of the respective course.
PGIMER 2019 Selection Process
The selection process in the PGIMER 2019 entrance examination differs for each course. The candidates can check the selection process for all the courses from below.
Selection Process for MD/MS course
- The selection of the candidates for the MD/MS course is done on the basis of their merit in the PGIMER 2019 entrance examination.
- There is no clinical or practical examination for this course.
- The selection will be finalized only after the counseling of the candidates.
Selection Process for MDS/ House Job
- The selection of the candidates is done on the basis of their performance in the entrance examination.
- The Allocation of seats done on the basis of a personal counseling, strictly in order of merit in the merits list of the theory examination.
Selection Process for DM / M.Ch
- The selection of a candidate in the DM/MCh course is a two-step process – Theory Examination followed by a Practical Examination.
- A merit list is prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in the PGIMER 2019.
- Eligible candidates are considered for a practical examination to be conducted by the concerned department.
- The theory and practical examination marks will be added to obtain a final aggregate score.
- Those who will obtain the cut off marks will then be eligible to appear for a final interview with the Selection Committee
- The final selection of the candidates for the course is done once he/she furnishes all the original certificates at the time of counselling/interview and joining the Institute.
If you have any question related to the PGIMER Resutl 2019, then let us know in the comment section below.