PGIMER 2021 Result – PGIMER has released the Result for PhD and D.M/M.Ch Entrance Examination January 2021 session. The result for the above-mentioned courses is released at the official site which is pgimer.edu.in. Candidates can check PGIMER result for MD/MS / Fellowships / Ph.D. / M.Sc / M.Sc MLT / DM / M.Ch / MHA / MPH / PGDPHM / Fellowship courses from official site by providing their user id/login id and password. After the results are declared, a merit list is also published on the official website. The candidates whose names appear in the merit list are then required to appear for counseling. Check more details about PGIMER 2021 result from this page.
– PGIMER has released the notice for provisional merit list of shortlisted candidates for admission to D.M/M.Ch. Scroll down to check the notice.
– PGIMER has declared the results for PhD and D.M/M.Ch Entrance Examination January 2021. Scroll down to check the same.
PGIMER 2021 Result
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) announces the result only via online mode. It is not announced via any other medium like SMS or via mail. Check the dates regarding PGIMER 2021 result given below.
|PGIMER||Exam Date (July Session)||Result Date|
|Fellowship/ Post Doctoral Fellowship||05 Jun 2021||12 Jun 2021|
|MD / MS||23 May 2021||to be announced|
|DM / MCH||31 May 2021||to be announced|
|M.Sc / M.Sc (MLT), /Ph.D / Fellowship||05 Jun 2021||to be announced|
|MD (Hospital Admin)||05 Jun 2021||to be announced|
|M.Sc / M.Sc (MLT), /Ph.D / Fellowship / M.Sc Nursing||05 Jun 2021||to be announced|
Official website: pgimer.edu.in.
How is PGIMER 2021 Result Prepared?
Score calculation: The candidate’s marks in the entrance exam are calculated using the marking scheme of the respective exam. However, in some cases, the marks are converted into percentile and percentage too, based on which candidates are placed in the merit list.
|DM / M.Ch||Result in form of raw marks|
|M.Sc/M.Sc MLT||Result in form of percentage|
|MD/MS||Result in form of percentile|
|Fellowships||Result in form of percentage|
|Ph.D||Result in form of raw marks|
|PGDPHM||Result in form of percentile|
|MPH||Result in form of percentage|
PGIMER 2021 Cut Off
A cut- off score is the minimum score that all the candidates who appear for the test are required to have to take admission. Check PGIMER 2021-22 cut-off for different courses given below.
PGIMER Cut Off for MD / MS/ MDS House
|Category of applicant||MD/MS cut off||MDS House cut off|
|Open (General) and Sponsored/Deputed||55 percentile||50 marks|
|OBC, OPH, SC/ST, Rural Area, Foreign Nationals||50 percentile||–|
|OBC and SC/ST||–||45 marks|
|Bhutanese Nationals||45 percentile||–|
PGIMER Cut Off for DM/M.Ch courses
The candidates who want to take admission DM / M.Ch courses must have secured a minimum 35 marks in the theory examination.
PGIMER Cut Off for M.Sc/ M.Sc MLT
|Category||Cutoff for M.Sc||Cutoff for M.Sc MLT|
PGIMER Cut Off for Ph.D
|Category||Cutoff for M.Sc|
|General/OBC/Spon/FN category||40 marks|
|SC/ST category||36 marks|
PGIMER Cut Off for PGDPHM
To pursue this course, the candidates must have secured minimum 55th percentile.
PGIMER Cut Off for MPH
|Open (General), Sponsored/Deputed||50%|
PGIMER 2021 Merit List
The test takers are added in the merit list for admission based on their marks/percentile/percentage in PGIMER 2021 entrance exam. However, to qualify the entrance exam the candidates have to get minimum qualifying marks in the entrance exam. The candidates who then secure the qualifying marks are placed in the merit list.
After the declaration of the PGIMER 2021 result, the institute releases the merit list. The candidates whose names appear in the merit list are required to appear for the counselling.
Note: There shall be common merit list for MDS course and House job. The candidates with higher rank will be given MDS courses. Whereas, the candidates with lower ranks will be given House Job.
Tie Breaker Criteria for PGIMER 2021
If two or more candidates secure same marks, then, the following tie-breaking criteria is applied to resolve the tie.
Tie Breaker Criteria for MD/MS, PGDPHM
- A candidate who has obtained higher marks in MBBS examination shall be ranked higher.
- If the marks in MBSS are also same, then, the preference shall be given to the older candidate.
Tie Breaker Criteria for DM/M.Ch
- A candidate who has obtained higher marks in MD/ MS shall be placed higher.
- If the marks obtained in MD/MS examination are the same, then, the candidate older in age shall be given preference.
Tie Breaker Criteria for MDS/ House Job
- The candidate who have higher marks in BDS examination will be ranked higher.
- However, if the tie still persists, then, the candidate senior in age shall be given preference.
Tie Breaker Criteria for Fellowships
- A candidate who has made more attempts in the passing examination shall be ranked lower to the candidate who has made lesser attempts.
- If the tie still persists, then, the candidate who has secured higher marks in MBBS exam shall be ranked higher.
- If the tie still persists, then the candidate who is older shall be given preference.
Tie Breaker Criteria for MPH
- A candidate who has made more attempts in passing the qualifying exam is ranked lower to a candidate who has made lesser attempts.
- If there is still a tie, then the candidate who has obtained higher marks in the qualifying examination is ranked higher.
- If the tie still persists, then a candidate senior in age is ranked higher to the candidate junior in age.
Tie Breaking Criteria for M.Sc/ M.Sc MLT
- A candidate who has made more attempts in passing B.Sc examination shall be ranked junior to the one who has made lesser attempts.
- If the tie is still there, then, the candidates who has obtained higher marks in the B.Sc exam shall rank senior to the one who has attained lower marks.
- If the tie is still there, then, the candidates older in age is given preference.
How to Check PGIMER 2021 Result?
Candidates can check the steps given below to check PGMIER 2021 result.
Step 1: Click on the link given above on this page.
Step 2: After following the step given above, a login window shall appear on the screen.
Step 3: Next, the candidates are required to enter their user / login id and password.
Step 4: Then, click on the ‘login’ button after entering the details.
Step 5: Lastly, check the result and take a printout of it for future references.
How to Check PGIMER 2021 Result if Forgot Login Details?
If in case the candidates have forgotten their login credentials, then, they can recover it back by following the steps given below.
How to recover PGIMER 2021 application number?
There are two options in which the candidates can get their PGIMER 2021 application number.
Option 1: The candidates can check their registered e-mail if first to check their respective PGIMER 2021 application number.
Option 2: Another option to get the application number is to check the printout of the application form or admit card.
How to Retrieve/ Change PGIMER candidate login password?
Step 1: Click on the link given above.
Step 2: Then, click on the “Forgot password”or “Change password” link.
Step 3: In the next window, enter the registered e-mail id and registered contact number.
PGIMER 2021 Counselling
Once the result is declared for PGIMER, the shortlisted candidates are required to appear for counselling. The admission is done according to the marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance test. Any candidates who do not appear for counselling shall not be then considered for admission. On the day of counselling, candidates must bring all their original documents.
Documents to be produced at the time of counselling
- Copy of Application Form (to be downloaded from PGI website with the held of Login ID and Password). Also, the candidate need to affix their photograph on the application form.
- PGIMER 2021 admit card
- A valid id proof
- Internship certificate
- Matriculation certificate
- All original degrees/ testimonials
- Mark sheet of MBBS
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- MCI Registration
- Non-Objection Certificate, if the candidate is in service
- Disability certificate (in case of PwD candidates)
PGIMER 2021 Seat Structure
Check the seat structure given below for different courses given below.
Fellowship and Post Doctoral Fellowship PGI courses 2021
Seat Matrix for 1st counselling of MD /MS July 2020
M.Sc and MLT courses
For DM / M.Ch
For MDS / House Job
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) is a medical and research institution situated in Chandigarh. The institute was established in the year 1962. PGIMER offers PG and doctoral degree courses. PGIMER is ranked 2nd among medical colleges in India in the year 2019 by NIRF. It follows the motto, “Service to the Community, Care of the Needy and Research for the Good of All”.
PGIMER 2021 Result Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh (PGIMER) releases the result for PGIMER.
Ans : Candidates can check their PGIMER result on the official site i.e. pgimer.edu.in.
Ans : Candidates can get the PGIMER Result from the official site only. They will not get the hard copy of the same through any means.
Ans : Candidates must take a printout of the PGIMER Result after downloading it for future references.
Ans : PGIMER shall release the result in the form of a merit list with the names of all the selected candidates.
Ans : The result of the PGIMER of the candidates will be valid only for the present academic year.
If you have any question related to the PGIMER 2021 result, then let us know in the comment section below.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.