NIFT Admission 2014
For Admission to 2014 session at National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), candidate will have multiple options for taking the admission test as given below:
For any single programme a candidate may appear for the test on
- 9th Feb 2014 (Sunday)
- 23rd Feb 2014 (Sunday)
- 9th Feb 2014 (Sunday) & 23rd Feb 2014 (Sunday)
Candidate has the option to apply for two programmes; taking test for the first programme on 09th Feb 2014 and for the Second Programme on 23rd Feb 2014. In case a candidate has appeared for the test twice for the same programme; the better of the two scores will be considered. Separate application are to be submitted for each date and/or programme.
For the candidates who wish to take admission in any of the various courses at NIFT, admission details are given here including eligibility, schedule, entrance exam, seats and reservations, application for, admit card and result.
NIFT Admission 2014 Quick Links
NIFT Admission 2014 Important Information
- Exam Centres
- Entrance Exam
- Exam Pattern
- Fee Structure
- Seat Matrix
Courses offered at NIFT
- Bachelor of Design – B. Des (Fashion Design / Leather Design /Accessory Design /Textile Design /Knitwear Design /Fashion Communication)
- Bachelor of Fashion Technology – B.F. Tech
- Master of Design – M. Des
- Master of Fashion Management – MFM
- Master of Fashion Technology- M.F. Tech. and
NIFT has been adjudged the best Fashion Institute of India by both “India Today and Outlook”. NIFT Admission 2014 are open and candidates interested may apply now.
In the past 25 years, NIFT has changed the meaning of fashion education in the country and has established its brand across the country. Considering that the number of centres has over the years increased to 15 as on date, the number of seats being offered by NIFT for its Under Graduate (UG) and Post Graduate(PG) programmes has increased many folds. It is therefore necessary to have an admission policy to address all issues concerning admissions to the UG and PG courses.
Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply provided:
(a) That they produce a proof of having acquired minimum prescribed qualifications at the time of counselling/admission.
(b) If the 12th class/final year/final semester (as the case may be) result of qualifying degree/certificate examination is not declared by the concerned Board/University till the date of counselling/admission, his/her admission in that case will be strictly provisional subject to the following conditions:
- Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/- in the prescribed Performa (please see Annexure –I) is submitted. In case the candidate is minor i.e. below 18 years of age, the affidavit shall be signed by his/her parent/guardian. Candidates/ parent /guardians may note that submission of false affidavit is a punishable offence;
- The candidate will submit the final result of qualifying degree/certificate providing his/her eligibility on or before 30th September, 2014 to their Campus Director / Jt. Director where the admission has been granted.
- In case the candidate fails to submit his/her final result of qualifying degree in the manner as prescribed at ii) above to prove his/her eligibility on or before 30th September, 2014, whatsoever the reason may be, his/her admission will be treated as null and void (cancelled) and entire fee will be forfeited. Any exception will be as per the decision of DG-NIFT, on a case to case basis.
- The Campus Director / Jt. Director will be responsible to ensure that the eligibility of all students meet prescribed qualification for admission specially incase of provisional students. The provisional admission will automatically stand cancelled if the candidate fails to submit result in time i.e. 30th September, 2014.
- Those candidates who are seeking provisional admission due to non-declaration of their final year/final semester/12th class (please see Annexure -I) will provide proof of having passed all papers in all the previous years /semesters of qualifying degree examination (whichever relevant).
- The candidates will also bring the date sheet /admit card/ principal’s certificate as proof of having appeared in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates who have appeared for compartment/ Supplementary examination(s) in the 12th standard or final semester/ final year of graduation and the result of the same is not declared by the time of counseling/ admission, such candidates will be considered for admission as per para 1 (b) (ii) above, for the academic session 2014-15.
Any candidate who has not appeared for the qualifying exam before the date of counselling/ admission to NIFT, will not be eligible.
It is further clarified that provisional admission will be considered only in such cases where the result of Final year/semester of the qualifying degree has not been declared by the concerned Board/University in its totality. In case the result has been declared by the concerned Board/ University but it has not been declared in a specific case, for any reason, such cases will NOT be considered under provisional admission category
If you have any queries about NIFT Admissions 2014, please ask in comments below.