PU LLB 2016 entrance exam date for admission into LLB (3 years) course in Panjab University has been announced. PU LLB 2016 will be held on 19 June 2016 for admission to LLB (3 years) course in Panjab University. Candidates can check all the details of PU LLB Admission 2016 such as application form, eligibility criteria, fee details, selection process etc. on this page.
Latest : Application form of PU LL.B 2016 Entrance Exam is available now.
PU LLB 2016
Panjab University has released notification for PU LLB 2016 entrance exam. The entrance exam will be conducted by the Panjab University for admission to LLB (3 years) course for the academic year 2016-17. Candidates can read carefully eligibility criteria and other details.
Schedule for PU LLB 2016 is given below.
|Availability of Prospectus and Application Form||12 Apr 2016|
|Last date for submission of information on the website
to generate the Bank Challan
|25 May 2016|
|Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of SBI Bank
using website generated challan
|27 May 2016 upto 4:00 pm|
|Last date for uploading of photograph, signature with
rest of the information
|30 May 2016|
|No correction will be entertained / made regarding
photograph, signature and any other information after
|01 June 2016 upto 5:00 pm|
|Final date by which Roll No. will be available online||10 June 2016|
|Date of holding Entrance Test||19 June 2016|
|Tentative dates by which the result may be declared||27 June to 30 June 2016|
Bachelor of Laws (L.L.B Professional 3- Year Course) (Semester System)
The Entrance Test for Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) shall be open to all such candidates who possess the qualifications as mentioned below:
- Those candidates who have passed / appeared in the final year of Bachelor’s degree in any faculty of the Panjab University with at least 45% of the aggregate marks (40% for SC/ST/BC candidates). Or
- A Bachelor’s degree in any faculty of any other University recognized as equivalent to the corresponding degree of the Panjab University with at least 45% of the aggregate marks (40% for SC/ST/BC candidates).
Provided that in case of candidates having Bachelor’s degree of the Panjab University or any other University recognized by the Syndicate, through Modern Indian Languages (Hindi or Urdu or Punjabi / Gurumukhi script) and /or in a Classical Language (Sanskrit or Persian or Arabic), the aggregate of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/BC candidates) shall be calculated by taking into account the percentage of aggregate marks that he /she had secured at the language examination, excluding the marks for the additional optional paper English and the elective subject taken together. Or
- Master’s Degree in any subject from the Panjab University. Or
- A Master’s degree from any other university recognized as equivalent to the corresponding post-graduate degree of the Panjab University.
Note: The applicants who have obtained 10+2 or graduation/post graduation through open universities system directly without having any basic qualifications for prosecuting such studies are not eligible for admission in LL.B. course.
Course and Number of Seats
PU LL.B 2016 Seats in various Departments / Institutions are given below.
|Courses||Name of the Departments / Institutions offering the Course||No. of Seats||
FN / NRI Seats
|LL.B. (3-Year Course)||Department of Laws,P.U., Chandigarh.||202 (Morning)
|P.U. Regional Centre, Muktsar (Punjab)||
|P.U., Regional Centre, Ludhiana (Punjab)||72 (Evening)||
|UILS, Swami Sarvanand Giri, P.U. Regional Centre, Hoshiarpur||60+3*||
Eligible Foreign Nationals/Persons of Indian Origin/NRI Candidates, who are in India and desirous of seeking admission in this category, will compete amongst themselves for the seats created for them by appearing in the Entrance Test. Those living abroad at the time of entrance test will be exempted from the entrance test. The fee structure for all such candidates will be prescribed by the Panjab University in the Admission Brochure. Foreign students shall have to comply with Visa and other requirements of the Govt. of India, U.T. Administration, Chandigarh as well as Panjab University, Chandigarh, as prescribed by them from time to time.
Scheme of Test
- The duration of the Entrance Test will be of 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- The Entrance Test will be of 75 marks consisting 50 marks for 50 multiple-choice questions and 25 marks for subjective type questions.
- The subjective type questions shall be on writing and communication skill with legal aptitude.
- The objective type questions (other than testing “Knowledge of English”) will be available in Hindi and Punjabi also.
- The subjective type questions will have to be answered in English only.
The result of PU LLB 2016 entrance exam will be made available on the University website at results.puchd.ac.in as per the schedule. The direct link to check result of PU LLB 2016 entrance exam will be posted on this page, when it will be declared officially.
Panjab University LL.B Admission 2016 Complete Details – Download Information Brochure