Army College of Nursing (ACN) Jalandhar Admission 2020 – Army College of Nursing will releases the admission notification for B.Sc Nursing for academic year 2020-21. Application Form for Army College Of Nursing will be released online at the official website. Admissions to the courses is based on the performance in the WAT Examination. Candidates appearing for the examination must know the exam pattern and all other related information regarding Army College of Nursing (ACN) Jalandhar Admission 2020. For the ease of candidates, everything has been made available here on this page below also. Check all the details regarding Army College of Nursing (ACN) Jalandhar Admission 2020 from the page below.
Army College of Nursing (ACN) Jalandhar Admission 2020
Candidates who will submit the application form successfully will get their Admit cards as per schedule. Schedule for WAT is given below. Candidates must follow the schedule released by the college itself. Important details and links will be given below on this page.
|Date of Application to apply by Army College of Nursing||3rd week of Mar 2020|
|Last Date to fill the Application Forms||Last week of April 2020|
|Identification of Centres and Nominal Rolls||to be announced|
|Download Admit Cards from website of Army College of|
Nursing, Jalandhar Cantt for both ACN & AIN candidates.
|1st week of May 2020|
|Date of WAT||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Declaration of Result||3rd week of Jun 2020|
Application form will be available from the official website, Candidates will have to fill the exact details in application form and submit it before the due date. Before filling the application form candidates must ensure their eligibility. Application form must be filled and submitted on or before its last date with the requiste application fees. When Army College of Nursing releases its application form, direct link will be provided below.
Note: Only female candidates can apply for the course. Male candidates are not allowed to apply for the course and no correction will be entertained after submission of form.
The admission to the B. Sc. (Nursing) course at ACN Jalandhar Cantt is exclusively for the female dependant wards of serving Army personnel, eligible Retired Army personnel and war widows of Army only. Minimum Educational qualification required is as under:
- The higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council for Educational Research and Training after the introduction of 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on education.
- The Intermediate examination in science of an Indian University/Board or other recognized body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.
- The pre-professional/ pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination or the pre university or an equivalent examination. The pre-professional/pre-medical examination shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and also English as a compulsory subject.
- The first year of the three years degree course of a recognized university with Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in three subjects provided the examination is a “university examination” and candidate has passed 10+2 with English at a level not less than a core course.
- B.Sc examination of an Indian University provided that she has passed the B.Sc Examination with not less than two of the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) and further that she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- Any other examination which, in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the Intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in each of these subjects and English.
Minimum percentage: Candidate must have passed in the subjects of (10+2) Physics, Chemistry, Biology (in English Medium) and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 45% aggregate marks (PCBE).
Minimum Age: Age should not be less than 17 years and not more than 25 years on December 31 2020. The date of birth recorded in the Secondary Education Board only will be taken as authentic.
Physical fitness: Candidate should be certified by MH/RMO/Registered Medical Practitioner as physically and mentally fit to pursue the course. A certificate to this effect is required to be submitted by the candidate at the time of counselling.
Admit card will be available after the successful comppletion of the application form. Admit Card will be uploaded on the official website for the candidates, Candidates have to select the examination centers they wish to appear in for WAT 2020. After this, receiving details of the admit card for the WAT will be announced.
WAT Admit Card will be issued to the candidate by ACN, Jalandhar Cantt.
The tentative examination cities for Army College of Nursing (ACN) Jalandhar Admission 2020 are given below.
The test paper will consist of 120 objective type questions in the following format. Each correct answer will fetch one mark whereas incorrect answers, multiple answers or doubtful answers will lead to a deduction of 0.25 marks.
- Part A: Biology (Total 50 marks, MCQs 25 marks each from Botany and Zoology).
- Part B: Physics (MCQs 25 marks)
- Part C: Chemistry (MCQs 25 marks)
- Part D: English (10 Marks)
- Part E: General Awareness (10 Marks)
Syllabus: The general standard of the entrance examination will be that of 11th and 12th class under the 10+2 scheme/ pre-medical/ intermediate science or an equivalent examination of the State Education Board/ Indian University.
Merit list for ACN Jalandhar Cantt will be prepared on the basis of the candidates’ performance in the cWAT. Merit list will be released online on the official website and the direct link to view result will also be updated here.
Tie Breaker Criteria: In the case of candidates securing an equal number of marks, their relative merit will be reassessed by the following criteria:
- A candidate securing more aggregate marks (PCBE Subjects) in the qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 or its equivalent.
- A candidate securing more marks in Biology in WAT.
- Seniority in date of birth.
- The admission will be strictly on merit ranking, based on marks obtained in WAT. The merit list will be prepared based on the aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance test.
- In case of vacant seats due to certain candidates declining to join/not joining on due date, the vacancy so created will be offered to the candidate next in merit and so on.
- Checking of Medical Fitness Certificate of the applicants & subject to being found medically fit at the time of joining the college.
Q1: What is the total number of intake?
Ans: The intake is 60 students per year.
Q2: I did not pass class 12 examination in first attempt. Shall i am eligible for admission?
Ans: Those who have repeated the 12th class / have given supplementary examination in any subject and students who have passed XII as private students or from Open Board are not eligible.
Q3: Is application fees is refundable?
Ans: No, Application Fees is not refundable at any circumstances.
Official website: acn.co.in
For detailed information regarding Nursing, Jalandhar Admissions 2020 candidates can check the 2019 prospectus – Download Information Brochure
Insofar, Official details for Army College of Nursing (ACN) Jalandhar Admission 2020 has not been announced yet. Information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Army College of Nursing releases Army College of Nursing (ACN) Jalandhar Admission 2020 information brochure, details will be updated here.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.