ICAR AICE SRF/JRF PGS 2020 Seats & Reservations – Indian Council of Agriculture and Research (ICAR) conducts examination for admission into Doctoral Degree Programmes of Agricultural University. Admission to the course will be done on the basis of entrance exam . Admission will be done as per the availability of the seats for each subject category. The seat details can be checked from this page. Candidate has to select one major subject group to appear in the Competitive examination. For more details and updates related to ICAR AICE SRF PGS Seats and Reservations stay connected to the article.
ICAR AICE SRF/JRF PGS 2020 Seats and Reservations
The number of seats and ICAR-JRF/SRF(PGS) in various sub-subjects are given below in the number being tentative at present and the final position will be known at the time of online counselling only. Those candidates who will not mark any category in the form will be considered in “General Category”.
Seat Availability subject wise – Candidates can check from the below-shared table the seats available as per sub-subjects. This seat detail as per last year.
*3% reservation in ICAR-JRF/SRF(PGS) for Physically Challenged (PC) category will be horizontal across all the categories, i.e. such candidates would draw JRF/SRF from the GEN/SC/ST category to which they belong. If ICAR-JRF/SRF(PGS) is not available in a particular category to which the PC candidate belongs, then the same would be drawn from General Category depending upon availability.
ICAR AICE SRF/JRF PGS 2020 Seat Reservation
Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Challenged and Other Backward Classes (NCL)
For Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe –
- The 15% reservation for Scheduled Caste (SC) of seats for admission JRF/SRF Scholarship.
- The 7.5% reservation for Scheduled Tribe candidates for admission JRF/SRF Scholarships.
- This Reservation policy shall be applied for the admission in the all different disciplines.
- The reservation of seats among SC/ST categories is interchangeable.
- Depending on merit and choice, reserved Category candidates can also take a seat from the General/Unreserved Category.
For Central OBC-NCL category-
- For the Central OBC-NCL, category candidates shall also avail the reservation at BHU, SASARD Nagaland University, CAUs, CIFE, IAFI, IVRI and NDRI as per the latest Government of India directives.
- It would be applicable at the time of the counselling process and Hon’ble SC Judgment dates August 18, 2011.
- And communication of seats by these universities at the time of counselling.
- Candidates claiming the reservation for admission under the category have to produce a Central OBC Certificate.
For Physically Challenged-
- For the PwD candidates have the 5% of the reservation, horizontally across the categories in different subjects.
- Those candidates suffering from low vision, hearing impairment, locomotors disability or cerebral palsy with appropriate medical certificate having at least 40% disability and found suitable by the Counseling Committee/University official.
- The candidate applying for admission under this category should submit a copy of the certificate about being PwD from a Govt. Hospital/Medical Board at the time of admission in allotted University.
- The criteria for assessing the degree of handicap could be variable from one subject to another.
- The decision of the University allotted will be final in this regard.
For EWS –
- For EWS candidates reservation shall be in accordance with the Ministry of Law and Justice (Legislative Department), Govt. of India.
- The EWS shall be applicable only for admission to Central Educational Institutions and not to SAUs and minority educational institutions, if any, under the ICAR-AU system.
- The unfilled seats remaining under Gen-EWS category will be deserved to Unreserved (UR)/OPEN category seats.
Reservation for Remote and Under Privileged States/UT (UPS)
For the candidates of the remote and underprivileged States/UTs get 2% seats under each discipline would be reserved, horizontally across categories. The underprivileged States/ union territories of india namely are –
|Andaman & Nicobar Island||Arunachal Pradesh|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Daman & Diu|
- where educational facilities in agriculture and allied science subjects either do not exist or have no SAU(s) and who qualify this examination.
- UPS candidates will have to produce domicile certificate issued by the authority at the time of admission.
- There will not be any State quota within this quota.
National Testing Agency (NTA) is an autonomous body which conducts various entrance examination for admission/fellowship courses in higher educational institutions. It has been approved by the Union Council of Ministers . NTA was established in 2017 in the month of November. The main objective of NTA is to undertake research on educational, professional and testing system to identify gaps in the knowledge systems and take steps for bridging them.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.