CAT 2019 Admit Card – Candidates can download the CAT Admit Card 2019 from this page. IIM Kozhikode has issued CAT Admit Card online at iimcat.ac.in. To download it, candidates require theri user id and password. The facility to get the hall ticket is available until the exam date, which is November 24, 2019. Candidates have to carry admit card as a print copy, with one valid photo id proof. As many as 2.44 lakh candidates have applied for CAT 2019. Out of these many, 92% have been allocated test centre for one of the most important management entrance exam. Learn how to download CAT 2019 Admit Card, what to carry, what not to carry, and more details from this page.
Latest: CAT 2019 Admit Card released. Download from the direct link below. Check the exam day instructions from this page.
CAT 2019 Admit Card
To download CAT 2019 admit card the recommended browsers are – Internet Explorer (version 11 and above), Mozilla Firefox (version 50 to 61), Google Chrome (version 50 to 69). CAT is due to be held in two session and reporting time for morning session is 7:30 am and for afternoon session it is 01:00 pm. Important dates for CAT 2019 admit card are as follows:
|CAT 2019 Admit Card||Important Date|
|Issuance of CAT Admit Card 2019||23 Oct 2019 (5:00 pm onwards)|
|Last date for downloading CAT Admit Card||24 Nov 2019|
|CAT 2019 exam date||24 Nov 2019|
Press Release for CAT 2019 Aspirants
Do’s and Dont’s for CAT 2019 exam
IIM-Kozhikode has released the exam day instructions for the candidates. In this, the complete process which is to be followed on the day of the test is mentioned, what to wear, what ot carry, document verification, etc is also provided. Check the same below.
Do’s on CAT 2019 exam day
- Print your admit card on an A4-size Paper and do not forget to carry your ID proof.
- In the print out of the CAT admit card, you have to affix the Photograph as uploaded by you in the application forrm.
- Report at the test centre at 7:30 AM for Forenoon Session and at 1:00 PM for afternoon session.
- A writing pad and a pen will be provided to you at test centre which is to be returned after test is over.
- After the exam is over, you have to handover the duly signed CAT exam admit card to the Invigilator present in the exam lab.
- Candidates can wear Socks, plain Pullovers/Sweaters/Cardigans (without any pockets) for CAT 2019 exam.
- Candidates should carry IIM provided Authorization Form if they have to carry any prohibited or exceptional items inside the Exam Lab due to medical reasons. In such a case, candidates need to contact the CAT Centre to get such authorization (if any).
- In case if there is an exceptional situation on the Exam Day, candidates will have to carry an Exception Form.
- “Zoom” feature wil be enabled on the Candidate Test Console, for all candidates with visual impairment and for any other Candidate who would have requested for it. Same will also be provided on such candidate’s admit card.
- PwD Candidates with Scribe should carry Scribe Affidavit along with themselves at the test centre and such candidates will get an additional 20 minutes per hour to complete the Test.
Dont’s on CAT 2019 exam day
- Entry into the Test Centre post 8:45 AM for the Forenoon Session and post 2:15 p.m. for the Afternoon Session will not be requested.
- Do not use the keyboard at any point of time as this will lock your computer system
- Do not wear any jewellery, or any item containing metal, jackets and footwear inside the exam lab.
- Do not carry any page from the Writing Pad outside the exam lab after the test
CAT 2019 Test day workflow: Click here to download the CAT 2019 exam instructions.
What is Required to Download CAT 2019 Admit Card?
To download admit card of CAT 2019, candidates need following:
✔️ CAT 2019 Login details – User Id and Password
✔️ Good Internet connection
✔️ A printer connected to your device
—> CAT exam is around the corner, take a look on how to prepare for CAT <—
CAT 2019 Mock Test
Hey Guys! Are you ready to bell the CAT? Aglasem Team gives you an opprtunity to access the free mock test for CAT exam. The mock test for CAT exam has been prepared on the basis of the exam pattern and previous year question paper which means that it is of the same difficulty level as that of the CAT 2019 exam. All you have to do is access the direct link from the table below, create an account/ login through Google/ FB and then start giving the mock test. All the Best for your exam!
|CAT 2019||Duration of mock test||Practice Here|
|Full mock test||03 hr||Click Here to practice|
|Verbal Ability And Reading Comprehension||01 hr||Click Here to practice|
|Data Interpretation And Logical Reasoning||01 hr||Click Here to practice|
|Quantitative Aptitude||01 hr||Click Here to practice|
CAT 2019 Exam Schedule
The Common Admission Test (CAT)-2019 is going to be conducted in two shifts. Shift 1 is from 09:00 AM to 12:00 noon and Shift 2 is from 02:30 PM to 05:30 PM. Candidates can check the complete exam schedule for CAT 2019 from the table below.
|CAT exam||Timing for Shift 1 (Forenoon)||Timing for Shift 2 (Afternoon)|
|Reporting at the test center||07:30 AM||01:00 PM|
|Last Entry inside the test center||08:45 AM||02:15 PM|
Forgot CAT 2019 User Id and Password? Here is How You Can Retrieve It!
CAT admit card is only released online and there is no other medium through which candidates can get it. Hence, forgetting login details can be troublesome. However, do not worry. You can retrieve user id and password by following the steps below.
How to Retentive Forgot User ID/ Password
Step 1: Click on the login link above.
Step 2: Next, the candidates candidates need to click on the “Forgot User ID / Password” link at the end of the CAT 2019 login.
Step 3: After this, candidates need to enter registered e-mail address and click on the “Get User id/ password” button.
Step 4: Following this, the candidates gets user id / password at their registered email id.
How to Download CAT 2019 Admit Card?
Candidates can easily download CAT 2019 admit card by following the steps below:
Step 1: Click on the link above and enter user id and password to access the login of CAT.
Step 2: In the dashboard, click on the “Admit Card” tab and then click on the “Download Admit card” button as shown in the image below.
Step 3: Check details on the CAT 2019 admit card and downloaded it.
How to Carry CAT 2019 Admit Card?
Candidates have to carry CAT 2019 admit card as a print copy on the exam day. It should be downloaded and printed on a neat A-4 sheet. Few important things that candidates must know are:
– On the print copy of the admit card, candidates need to affix a photograph. It should be the same as that uploaded in the application form of CAT 2019.
– There is also space for signature in the admit card but the candidates have to sign only in front of the invigilator.
How to Use Google Map Link to Locate CAT 2019 Test Center?
In the CAT 2019 Admit Card, candidates are provided with the facility to locate their test center through Google Map. Open the CAT Admit Card pdf and click on the link as shown in the image below.
In the next screen, the Google Map will open with your location. Wih the help of this you can locate the allotted test center to you. You can check how far is it from your place and what will be the best mode of communication to reach the venue as well.
What to Do If Unable to Download CAT 2019 Admit Card?
Only those candidates get CAT admit card 2019 who submitted application form in the prescribed format and receive a positive application status. However, if despite getting a positive application status, candidate is not able to download CAT 2019 admit card then they must contact CAT Helpdesk at:
– Toll free: 18002090830
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If there is error in your CAT 2019 Admit Card then also you need to reach out to CAT Helpdesk at the number of e-mail address above.
Solutions to Problem in Downloading CAT 2019 Admit Card
At times, candidates face difficulty in download CAT 2019 admit card. In such cases, candidates may take following steps:
If the admit card screen doesn’t load:
- In such case, you must check internet connection. If that is not helpful, wait for sometime and try download the admit card of CAT again.
The website is not working:
- Many a times, the official website stops working. In that case, just be patients and keep trying in an interval of one or half-hour.
Cannot log in into your CAT account:
- You must recheck your user id and password.
- If you cannot remember the password then use the method given on this page to retrieve the same.
What to Carry On Exam Day with CAT 2019 Admit Card?
On the exam day, candidates have to carry the following:
- CAT 2019 Admit Card.
- One Valid Photo ID Card.
- Scribe affidavit (if applicable)
Valid Photo ID Card – Candidates have to carry photo id proof as original. Photocopy of scanned image of it is not accepted at the exam hall.
and should match the name on Admit Card
A valid id proof can be any of the following:
– College ID
– Employer ID
– Driving license
– PAN card
– Voter ID
– Aadhaar card
– Identification affidavit.
PwD Candidates can also carry Testing Assistance (TA), such as:
– Abacus and Magnifying Screen: For Visually Impaired and it should be without calculator.
– Hearing Aid: For Hearing Impairment.
– Wheel Chair: For candidates with Locomotive Disability or candidates with Cerebral Palsy.
– Scribe/Reader: For candidates with Visually Impaired / Locomotor Disability / Cerebral Palsy / Others.
Check the image below for more details on the same:
What Not to Carry to CAT 2019 Exam Center?
Other than the documents and things mentioned above the candidates should not carry anything else. The following items are strictly prohibited in the exam hall.
1.Stationery Item –
- Textual material (printed or written)
- Papers or chits
- Geometry or Pencil Box
- Plastic Pouch
- Log Table, etc.
2. Electronic Device –
- Mobile Phone
- Health Band, etc
3. Any Other items –
- Cap, etc
- Watch / Wrist Watch
- Camera, etc
- Ornaments / Jewelry
- Eatable item
#Mehndi, a big NO: At the CAT test center, verification of candidates is done by capturing their photo and digital finger print scan. Applying Hina (Mehndi) on palm may cause hindrance in proper capturing of biometrics captured. Hence, it is better to avoid it.
CAT 2019 Dress Code
It is important that the candidates must follow the dress code for CAT exam. It is as important as carrying the admit card on the day of the test. The following shall not be accepted at CAT 2019 Test Center:
|Half sleeves||Full Sleeves|
|Slippers and Sandals||Shoes|
Note: This is not a compulsion to wear half sleeves or light color clothes. If you want to wear long sleeves or dark colored clothes due to cultural/customary reasons, it is advised that you should reach the test center an hour or two before the reporting timings so that the invigilator get enough time to check the candidate for unfair means.
Details Mentioned on CAT 2019 Admit Card
The admit card for IIM CAT 2019 consist of the following details
- Candidate’s Name
- Registration number
- Date of birth
- PwD status
- Space to affix a photograph (same as the one uploaded in the application form)
- Candidate’s Photo
- A space for the sign of the candidate in presence of the invigilator
- Test date and day
- Test time/session
- Exam center name and address
- Reference number
- Emergency Contact
- Google map link of the exam center location
What is a Reference Number?
The reference number as printed on your CAT Admit Card is your guide to designated seat. CAT 2019 Admit Card shall consist of distinct 10 digit Reference Number which is different from your CAT registration number. Your seat allocation at the designation work station will be as per to your Reference number and not as per your registration number. So, it is advised to check it in advance to avoid any inconvenience on the exam day.
Which Errors to Look out for in CAT Admit Card?
The candidates shall check the below given details on their admit card carefully and note if there are any errors in them:
- Check the spelling of your name
- Check that you photo is clear and same as the one you have uploaded in the application form
- Note the registration number. It must be the same as the one you have received after registration
- Make sure the date of birth is printed correctly
- category status is correct
- Check which test city you have been allotted and if it is one of the 4 centers you had selected in the form
CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the complete exam pattern for CAT 2019 from below:
- Duration of the exam – This National level exam is of 03 hours duration. PWD/DA candidates with scribe requirements will get an extra hour to complete the test
- Mode of the exam – CAT is conducted in online mode, which means it is a computer-based test.
- Language of the Questions – The questions in the test are asked in English language only
- Number of Questions – There are a total of 100 number of question
- Type of Questions – In CAT, there are two type of question – MCQs and Type in the answers type questions (TITA)
- Name of the section – There are three section in CAT exam, these are, Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension. (VARC); Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR); Quantitative Ability (QA)
- Marking scheme – For a correct answer, candidates get 03 marks and there is a deduction of 01 marks for incorrect answers.
Candidates should note that IIMs does not release the CAT exam pattern. The distribution fo question as provided below is provided on the basis of previous year exam analysis and Toppers Interview.
|Section||Question Per Section|
All about the CAT 2019 Computer Based Test
Below is the explanation of the CAT 2019 CBT:
The CBT exam interface shall be like the one below:
#1 – Sections in CAT 2019: This section shows the name of all the sections in CAT 2019 exam. The section in blue is the section that you are currently attempting. You cannot move to another section without completing one totally.
#2 – Question: This is where you can read the question you are attempting.
#3 – Indicators: This area shows the meaning of various indicators. The same is shown in the image below.
#4 – Profile: Here you can check your photo and name.
#5 – Virtual calculator: Students can check the virtula calculator here. Clicking it opens the calculator on your screen for any calculations.
#6 – Clock: This vitual clock shows you the time left for the exam to complete. The exam interface closes automatically when the time is up.
#7 – Question palette: This is the section where you can check the questiosna nd the action taken against each of them. The actions mean –
– The question number is in green: It means you have answered and submitted the same successfully.
– The question number is red: That means the question has been not answered.
– The question number is purple with a ‘0’ mark inside: Means you have not attempted the question and have marked it for review.
– The question is number is purple with a ‘0’ mark inside and with a green mark on it: This means you have answered the question but have still marked it for review.
#8 – Save and Next: To submit the answer you have to click this button and move to the next question.
#9 – Submit: This button submits the entire test. The students must click this button only after they complete their test.
#10 – Clear Response: This button removes the answer to any question you choose.
#11 – Review: If you feel there are mistakes in the question and you wish to mark it for reviewing, click this button.
#12 – Active Section: Here you can see the name of the section that you are attempting.
CAT 2019 Test Center
IIM-Kozhikode is conducting CAT 2019 in 156 cities. Your test center is mentioned on your CAT 2019 admit card. You can also use the map below to locate it.
CAT 2019 Answer Key
CAT Answer Key 2019 is released by the IIM-K after the exam is over, It is released in the Candidate login at iimcat.ac.in. To download CAT Answer Key, candidates require their user id and password. Along with it, CAT 2019 question paper and response sheet is also released. Candidates should use it to cross-check their answer by adding 03 marks for a correct answer and deducting 01 marks for an incorrect answer, in case of MCQ type questions. For TITA type questions, there is no negative marking for an incorrect answer.
About CAT 2019
Common Admission Test (CAT) is a national level test which is conducted by various IIMs on a rotational basis. It is conducted in online mode and is used a shortlisting criteria for admission in PGP, FPM programmes in 20 Indian Institute of Management (IIMs). Other than IIMs, various Management schools/ university/ Institute all over India also accepts CAT score. Each IIM and B-school have their own se of selection criteria which generally includes Group Discussion, Personal Interview.
About IIM Kozhikode
Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (IIMK) is situated in the Kunnamangalam Area in Kerala. The campus is spread over about 112.5 acres of land. The Institute started with a batch of 42 students and now has grown tremendously over the years with a current batch strength of 356 odd students, making it the fastest growing management school in the country.
CAT 2019 Admit Card Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : No. It is strictly prohibited. However, an on-screen calculator is available on the computer screen of the candidates during the exam.
Ans : If you do not have your user ID or password, then please go to Existing User Login and click ‘Forgot User ID/Password’ button. Then key in registered Email ID and captcha that appears on the screen. You will then receive User ID/Password on registered Email ID.
Ans : No, CAT Admit Card 2019 shall not be sent by post or any means. Only the online mode is available to download the admit card.
Ans : No, the candidates cannot carry a calculator in the exam center.
Ans : Yes, it is necessary to carry a photo Id proof with the CAT admit card in original. Do not carry a photocopy.
Ans : Candidates belonging to the PwD category, they will be given 20 minutes extra for each section in CAT, which means that they will have to complete the test in four hours instead of three hours.
Ans : No the exam center as printed on the CAT admit card is the final one and cannot be changed.
If you have any question related to CAT 2019 Admit Card, then feell free to tell in the comment section below!